Michael Bay In Talks To Direct DC Comics' FLASHPOINT

>Sources say that longtime 'Transformers' director Michael Bay is in early talks with Warner Bros Pictures to helm their upcoming tentpole superhero film FLASHPOINT, starring Ezra Miller and slated for release in 2020. 'Back to the Future''s Robert Zemeckis was previously the frontrunner for the job, but it seems negotiations have stalled, prompting WB executives to reach out to Bay and a few other select candidates to discuss the project, with Bay, who recently vacated the director's chair of the 'Transformers' franchise, emerging as the favored candidate, due to his long streak of box office successed and known ability to deliver movies on budget and on schedule.

>Story is developing...

Welp
Any hope for that is lost if he lands it

>everyone is shitting on our movies. what should we do?
>let's bring in someone who's even worse than snyder.

what?
DC will have a movie that sells again?

I meant I don't are for his over the top blow up action
He really is on par with Snyder
But I didn't enjoy pain and gain
So
Who knows

as someone who genuinely enjoys most of his movies, this would be a major fuckup. also, I doubt that he is still sane because transformers 4 and 5 were literally cringe-tier movies, 5 being the worst high budget movie that I have ever seen in a theater (and I have seen fucking ninja assassin and man with the iron fist).

I really hope this is just a ruse from Marvel again. also, didn't the guy want to direct bad boys 3? this doesn't make any sense

Source

>He really is on par with Snyder

I wonder whether people who say shit like that even think before posting. snyder, even if he fails sometimes is definitely much better than bay. bay is literally all style and zero substance while snyder has great visual style and aims very high with the substance thing, something Bay couldn't even dream of since Bay is lazy as FUCK

that really sounds like "who makes money? this guy? hire him."

I hope you're being ironic. Bay makes shitty movies on purpose, Snyder doesn't.

If he does it like Transformers 1 using a solid script, might be good.

If he half asses it like his last 10 films, it's fucked.

>Bay
>Worse than Snyder

Never ever.

high budget movie directors definitely don't make shitty movies on purpose. want proof? literally watch any movie Bay has made over the years. the amount of work he puts into these movies is literally insane, from directing the actors to providing practical as well as CGI effects. he tries to get the most out of the movies but in the case of the recent TF movies sacrifices almost all of the story and character progression for it

>We did it, we finally got rid of Zack Snyder. Now we can rebuild our cinematic universe. Which director should we hire to handle our Flash movie?
>Let's get the hack who just made a massive bomb.
>PERFECT!
Warner Bros. are amazingly stupid.

Is making money all you care about, you disgusting Jew?

>no source
>only google result is a Sup Forums thread
>source given in thread is a fake link
good one

Fuck off.

yes, i am the head of a major hollywood studio.

>aims very high with the substance thing

Obvious religious imagery isn't really "aiming high".

Yeah. I meant more as Bay doesn't give a fuck and will film with no script while Snyder tries his hardest.

Fuck it, take my money

michael bay save the DCU

Bay is very dedicated to the technical aspects of his movies, but he knows critics will hate it anyway and makes no effort to appease them like foregoing his trademarks like sweeping shots and sunset-drenched scenes.

They literally went to the same college.

Snyder only has substance when he lifts stories from other media into his movies.

What possible excuse can there be for sucker punch?

genuine question to all of you, what exactly would you guys consider as good these days? I only see hate on everything on this board. is it that bad that the religious shit is more prominent or obvious? how does that diminish the fun in the movie at all?

I'd rather have a director try hard and deliver a mediocre story than seeing a movie with zero story and cringeworthy dialogues. Even normies thought TF5 was atrocious and not even the Transformers could make up for that

I really don't think he doesn't care. I think he's too concerned with the deadlines the studios give him so he fucks up when it comes to the story. all the movies where he didn't need to meet a deadline have been alright or even really good (Bad Boys 1 and 2, The Rock, Pain and Gain)

Bandwagoning reddit tourist detected. Bay is /ourguy/

>is it that bad that the religious shit is more prominent or obvious?
It is when Snyder acts as if that's next-level subtle geniousnes.

>how does that diminish the fun in the movie at all?
Snyder's movies aren't fun.

Aside from Dawn of the Dead.

>he tries to get the most out of the movies

Yeah, like reused Stock Footage from the previous movies because of fucking laziness.

it's only retards on the internet who pretend that he thinks that. he just likes to put that stuff in his movies because he thinks it's interesting or fun. it's as if you're shitting on a basketball player for the poses he strikes when shooting a ball

Honestly, Michael Bay is a much better director than Zack Snyder. Bay's movies are dumb popcorn trash but he doesn't pretend they're anything deeper than that, Snyder is a pretentious idiot who thinks his dumb popcorn movies are high art because they're full of awkward religious symbolism. Snyder should've retired from directing in 2007.

Read any pre-release BvS interview. Maybe the RT score gave him a reality check, but Snyder used to be very far up his own ass.

If only this was true, there'd be some hope for the movie

>BvS
>substance
I doubt that

The sonic booms are gonna look awesome.

>implying there aren't Dinsey moles sabotaging the DCEU

Do you even know who Chris Terrio is, you cunt? They failed, but they certainly tried to make a movie with substance.

kino confirmed.

Everyone who shits on Bay but watches other trash directors films and praises them are fucking idiots

This. Bay is a fantastic action director whose style would fit DC very well. Snyder is actually kind of a stylistic Bay-lite, and Bay himself is more like a less tech-focused, more pyrotechnic version of James Cameron, who is also /ourguy/
Just because he cashed in four giant robot car flicks doesn't mean he doesn't still have it, I know it's been a few years but Pain & Gain is one of his best and it's basically Fargo in Miami.

>It is when Snyder acts as if that's next-level subtle geniousnes.
What makes you think that Snyder thinks that? He is not the one making all those meme pictures, fucking retard. The guy simply has a hard on for classical and religious paintings, so he recreates it in his superhero movies, that's the extent of Snyder's tought process.

When I say lifted, I mean taking the comic's story too.

I'm not really sure if BvS's plot is based on anything.

Only redditors hate Bay

>tfw Imagine Dragons soundtrack.

Fuck off with the same bullshit you posted on Sup Forums

As long as hell cast another top cunny I'm fine with it

Please don't defend Transformers. We're not at that point yet. His others movies aren't bad Transformers is objectively shitty.

Yeah, shame on him for using what he shot before in another place where it would be appropriate and cost-efficient.

1 and 3 are actually good movies, 1 being the peak of the franchise though. 2 was alright and actually amazing if considering the shit that went down behind the scenes at that time

4 and 5 are objectively a bad clusterfuck. I am a person that always sees the best in movies and even I cannot say anything redeemable about these movies. 5 is legitimately unwatchable garbage

2007 movie and DOTM are robotkino

>Laziness
He used old footage on the highway chase out of respect because an extra got hurt in the new stuff

>4 and 5 are objectively a bad clusterfuck.

Nah, they're fun. Marky Mark, Not!Steve Jobs and Punished Optimus were entertaining.

Isn't it funny that these guys get big names to direct their movies while Marvel gets unknown indie guys who end up making a great movie

I mean a great example is James Gunn

I really tried to find 5 fun but man, the dialogues literally made me angry. the robots cost millions of dollars to animate and they wasted it on bad unfunny quips and shitty dialogue that didn't even make sense

They're only entertaining if you're a child. If you want good action watch something else.

I enjoyed punished Optimus too, but there was really nothing in 5. Not even a good action sequence. Nothing.

A match made in heaven for all the mexicans that love Transformers and the DCEU

this

this made me sick

Yeah, Marvel does a great job of letting indie auters leave their mark on their films, like James Gunn and

I'll watch it.

>Oklahoma
No wonder I get dirty looks when I complain about this is public. Also making people sad. I'm so sorry.

>Greatest film score : Armageddon

this is actually the worst one of all, holy shit.

Yeah, I can"t wait to see how much more they can widen the average box office gap between themselves and Disney's MCU™.

>rebuild
>each movie making bank

Lel retard

I don't even feel like checking this anymore

>MCU
>indie

I think you meant "Indian," user.

Neat.

Fuck yes. If he doesn't phone it in like he has been with a lot of the Transformers movies and actually lets someone write even a semblance of a solid screenplay, this shit could be fantastic.

Bay doesn't do last minute replacement jobs. You're thinking of Brett Ratner.

Based.

Is there anything that triggers the marlel redditors as much as Bay?

He's right you know.

You're a moron that thinks people watched Gremlins for the action.

How the fuck does one calculate this?

Marvel nu-males whining about Bay weren't even alive when The Rock came out.

I hope this is true. Bay is a competent blockbuster director. Also SJWs hate him.

hello viral marketting team! you should make like one of bay's cgi models and dissapear into a cloud of shrapnel.

>he was too dumb to understand Sucker Punch

Sad.

I absolutely do not believe any of this.

NO.

JUST NO.

DCucks are fuuuucked!!!

Flashpoint was the only thing that was gonna save your ass.

No one was banking on it, but this it's worst than we expected.

Yeah DC should've gone for some no-name Feige puppet instead lmao

>literal fake news
Boy Wonder Womam beating Spider-man v Iron Man, Dawn of Flops really did a number on you guys

>implying Bay is bad
Reddit nu-male propaganda

this.

Whenever I see someone trashing Transformers or Bay for mindless action I laugh out loud because, it's clearly hypocritical when any capeshit flick that comes out people explode with glee

When I see people shitting all over Transformers then praising MCU as if they're seriously quality films, I can't help but chuckle.

This would mean DC fully embraces the MCU model. Think about it:
1.- Movies that can't win oscars
2.- Comedic relief up the wazoo for the CGI/death by a thousand cuts clusterfuck that is the action scenes
3.- Still make bank thanks to chink pandering
MCU = Transformers + bought reviews