The Big Lie

9/11 made some comic creators go crazy. Let's look at one example.

Other urls found in this thread:

www41.zippyshare.com/v/Q6xl6nU5/file.html
www41.zippyshare.com/v/DEjcmZ9W/file.html
www41.zippyshare.com/v/44ib3pxQ/file.html
youtube.com/watch?v=FzF1KySHmUA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is true pain.

this is a bad book user and you should feel bad

1 american = 10,000 Muslims

Veitch has other 9/11 comics as well. Why doesn't anyone ever talk about it?

>It's gonna hit big

LMAO

I don't know much about his other 9/11 comics. What should be storytimed next?

those top panels slay me

This is where it really becomes a Chick Tract.

The End

This comic woke af

The premise of someone going back in time trying to convince people to evacuate the WTC but failing would have been fine enough.
But they just HAD to put this truther "controlled demolition" bullshit in and make everyone a stupid asshole.

Can't get no. The art is great, and the writing's not bad.

Honestly part of me likes how murky the subject has become. It's like a creepy urban legend.

I don't think it was a controlled demolition but you can definitely read portents into a lot of the events.

The controlled demolition conspiracy theory is fucking stupid.
Why would the Big Bad Government even bother with the explosives if they're gonna crash 2 planes anyway?
And how would they have placed the explosives without anyone noticing?

This is fucking insulting to the people who died there.

It's not that they had to. The author really believes it. And Image agreed to publish it.

And there are people who present Image as a serious alternative to DC and Marvel.

Blah blah corporations something something oil yadda yadda one world government

The reveal is chilling but it's a truther thing so, dang.

>Why would the Big Bad Government even bother with the explosives if they're gonna crash 2 planes anyway?
Conspiracy theorists believe that the two planes alone weren't sufficient to bring the towers down.

>And how would they have placed the explosives without anyone noticing?
The same conspiracists believe that the explosives were introduced into the building covertly, under the cover of maintenance work.

>This is fucking insulting to the people who died there.
Yes, but conspiracists believe they're honouring the dead by "telling it how it really was".

Not a conspiracist, btw—just interested in how these people think, and why they think the way they do.

It doesn't really make much sense if the goal was to goad the US citizenship into getting behind a war. The twin towers were important and useful to the economy, if your goal is human casualties then it would have made more sense to target somewhere with more people and less institutions.

>What should be storytimed next?
Liberality for All. I'd storytime it myself if I cound find it, been trying for months. It's a comic about a dystopian future that happened because Al Gore was President during 9/11. Here's the official summary
>"It is 2021, tomorrow is the 20th anniversary of 9/11. America is under oppression by ultra-liberal extremists who have surrendered governing authority to the United Nations. Hate speech legislation called the "Coulter Laws" have forced vocal conservatives underground. A group of bio-mechanically enhanced conservatives led by Sean Hannity, G. Gordon Liddy, Oliver North, and a young man born on September 11, 2001, set out to thwart Ambassador Usama bin Laden's plans to nuke New York City."

It's even worse than it sounds.

Not to mention, why bother with the hijackings? Too many things could go wrong, just plant a bunch of explosives, just like they did against the WTC in the 90s.

>lady in the subway talking outloud to herself about temporal shifts and no one cares

this is correct

OP here. I can't find Can't Get No anywhere. I can keep searching but does anyone else have it?

Here's some copies of Liberality for All
www41.zippyshare.com/v/Q6xl6nU5/file.html
www41.zippyshare.com/v/DEjcmZ9W/file.html
www41.zippyshare.com/v/44ib3pxQ/file.html

Not to mention, tons of investigators and physicists investigated and concluded that there were no explosives and that the beams bent from the heat.
Did the government pay off/threaten thousands of people? In order for the 9/11 conspiracy to work, thousands of people would have to keep quiet and never leak anything for 10 years.

Thanks user, so someone finally put it up today.

can't even read their laureates

That sounds amazing.

you dumb nigger, your mistake was believing the buildings and planes were even real in the first place!

They were holograms!

Think about it

It's righ-wing propaganda that looks like a parody done by liberals, but it turns out the authors meant every word.

YA BEAT ME TO IT

Why did they put it so close? Terrorists were planning it for years, they had the entire 90s to get ready.

I'm storytiming Liberality for All for those of you who might care

Why did Image think publishing this would be a good idea?

>she has technology we've never seen before!
>she can't possibly be from the future!
I wasn't expecting much intelligence from a 9/11 truther comic, but at LEAST they could have had basic logic present.

>CTRL + F "jet fuel" "steel beams"
>0 found
I thought you were better than this

>Yes, but tin foil hat wackjobs believe they're honoring the dead by selling as many bullshit books as they can.
ftfy

I think Chuck Dixon's clinton cash comic should be posted next

>It has to be a movie prop!

I really hate extreme skepticism

Jaysus Aitch.

Yup, the tower was literally invulnerable. Completely indestructible

>Oh god I've only got an hour!
>I better try to explain everything to my husband instead of calling in a bomb threat or pulling the fire alarm!

How about the French Bash comics on the eve of the Iraq war and after it?

That's the fun in conspiracy theories.

It's been a long time, but I remember the 1 & 9 went to the Chamber St. - WTC before 9/11

crashing these towers

Yep, no intelligence or basic logic from a 9/11 truther comic.

Best page! That last panel!

I recognize this page, it is from a pamphlet some rando places on a table at the community center I work at. Every Saturday, he walks into the lobby and places a single pamphlet, I am confused why the other 5 pages aren't part of the comic.

After only a few minutes in that building I would stop and leave. There is no saving those people and they're all a group of complete documents.

You silly bitch just pull the fire alarm

So why doesn't anyone seem to take into account that the fact that WTC 7 was bombarded twice by debris from two of the biggest buildings on the east coast. Wouldn't that factor into the collapse?

Because Rick Veitch did good work long before this. One 9/11 truther comic isn't enough to disregard his better comics.

How how many people would the government have to bribe or otherwise silence to keep a conspiracy as big as the truthers say 9/11 was for fifteen years?

Literally thousands, including people that would have no involvement in the events and would need to be bribed after the fact, like every single independent investigator and engineer that took a look at it in the world.

So you're saying the Tupacs hologram committed it?

Bush Administrations style was more discredit than bribe, honestly. Doesn't cost a dime, and it helps that turning on our own citizens on that scale is absolutely unthinkable to the average American.

Seriously why didn't she pull the fucking fire alarm? Did the gubberment disable that?

>Three pages in and already a STEHL BEEMS

Can jet fuel actually melt steel beams though?

Blacksmith here.

Yes. Even with high-grade structural steel. And you don't have to completely melt it to destroy structural integrity. Gravity does a hell of a lot of work for you in that regard.

What temperature does steel melt at?

>youtube.com/watch?v=FzF1KySHmUA

That depends entirely on what kind of steel you are are talking about.

High-grade structural like that of the towers would be really alloyed for strength and durability, and therefore have a higher melting point than, say, the stainless I use for knife blades.

Steel, common steel, melts at a temp of 2750 Fahrenheit (1510 C). Jet fuel burns a 1500 C. It would have and was perfect for bringing down an already foundationally unstable pair of buildings. (Every single tinfoil hatter I've met completely forgets about the '93 WTC bombing, which was never repaired.)

S T E E L B E A M S

Future generations will know
Veitch Was Right

Do conspiracy theorists really believe in these conspiracies? Or do they just pretend to believe in them? Are the theories themselves nothing more than a means of projecting a reassuring sense of order onto the chaos of history? Are they serve to make quotidian existence seem deep and interesting, with the theorists casting themselves as the lead characters in a conspiracy thriller?

>Are the theories themselves nothing more than a means of projecting a reassuring sense of order onto the chaos of history?

Yes, that's a big part of it. Also the ability to shift the blame on the people of your choosing.
If you look into the psychology of conspiracy theories, it's pretty nifty, because the fact that nothing can ever be proven because THEY don't want you to know is built into the conspiracy itself. So it's a hermetic belief system that can never be challenged.

Can you recommend any books or articles?

The "controlled demo" conspiracy was either started or greatly fostered by the government as it served a useful distraction to the real truth - our intelligence services were asleep at the wheel while warning claxons were going off all over the goddam place that this attack was about to occur.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

I think that cranks like Myron Coureval Fagan prove that civilians are capable of coming up with conspiracy theories without government intervention.