well then take a nap THEN FIRE THE MISSILES

What the fuck was his problem?

No time traveling doctor is coming to save you

There was a giant.

I just want to have his British babies

WHERE'S THE GIANT, MANSLEY?

Coward trying to protect the YUUUUUU EEEESSSS AAAAAYYY

but I am directly below the enemy's scrotum

His problem is that he was the personification of the self-destructive tendencies inherent in cold-war era paranoia.

You god damn commiebot.

>His problem is that he was the personification of the self-destructive tendencies inherent in cold-war era paranoia.
Why is Hollywood so interested in the evils of the anti-communist right and not the pro-communist left (see Mission to Moscow which talks at length about how great show trials and gulags are)? Or in fact the Soviets themselves?
Is it because it's more comfortable to demonise your domestic political opponents than to acknowledge that there's an external enemy that is both unrelentingly evil and who you sort of sympathise with?

McCarthy and all that he represents did far more damage to America than the communist left could have ever dreamed about. He saw the tumor growing so he set fire to the entire goddamn hospital, and then shot anybody coming to try and put it out.

I hear this, but what exactly did he do that is so negative? How many innocent people were hurt vs. how many actual Soviet operatives were caught?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venona_project

TL;DR McCarthy did nothing wrong