What did yours turn into?

What did yours turn into?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elan_Media_Partners
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

a Little Caesars

Seasonal Halloween store then CVS

chase bank branch

A Chipotle type restaurant but it has Italian food instead of Mexican food. I prefer it to Blockbuster desu.

Domino's pizza

Is OP in Jumanji?

credit union

Sneeds feed n seed

I went to Hollywood video (the patrician's choice)

It's now a starbucks

a subway

Its still empty.

Idk but I remember walking into one back in like 2012 and they were literally trying to sell me their lights and shelves for 80% off

one of those emergency medical practices

A bed/mattress place.

lol, no.

shakeys pizza.
then that closed

a Goodwill

Panera Bread

One is still vacant and one turned into a Papa Johns.

I was pretty glad when they closed, actually. Blockbuster was pretty terrible, or at least the ones near me were. A local place (which is still open somehow) was much better to rent from.

virou uma firma daquelas que ninguem entra e tem uma secretaria que nao faz nada hauahuah

One is an advance auto and the other is a uniform store.

some

it turned into a bulk barn, if you arent from canada its basically a place where you buy shit for baking purposes but they also have candy/chocolate that you cant really find anywhere.
yeah i have to agree with this. its funny how my family and friends would always shit on blockbuster because of how cancerous it was and now those same people are talking about how they miss blockbuster and video rental stores in general.

Amscot

Sherwin Williams

The other is like half Chipotle half AT&T.

>tfw my internet is so bad i still rent movies

Yeah, I noticed the same thing. Everyone hated Blockbuster (maybe unless there was no local alternative) back in the day. There was even a website specifically dedicated to Blockbuster hate. My guess is that all of the nostalgia is coming from people who can't remember how terrible they were, or who were too young to deal with their bullshit.

It only very recently became a medical office.

Auto parts store

Original Joe's restaurant

Blockbusters were community cornerstones where you could chat up local town folk. When BB died its almost like a part of the community died with it.

>mfw I see people lined up at the redbox machine

a dialysis clinic

Mattress store.

One is an Indian restaurant, the other is some kind of school

A mattress store now, I didn't really care for the movie selection even as a kid though. What was impressive was the video game collection, I probably played my first PS2 game from a blockbuster and it took me for a ride ever since.

Mine too

They tore it down and extended the parking lot of Walmart

Nothing. It's been derelict ever since and has never changed, this photo is old but i've been in that area recently and it's still just an empty, dark, sad blockbuster.

A pizzeria rape dungeon

is that the blockbuster across the street from the hillside mall?

That's actually pretty beautiful, where is that?

>mine was abandoned for years and then it turned into a dollar store :(

i think a verizon store. i miss it, i remember taking like 5 out every 2 days and watching everything that won oscars for the past 40 years. i can never be that into movies like i was before.

My old Blockbuster is now a beetus clinic. The one independent place I used to go to is vacant. JDIMSA.

you guys do realize video rental stores still exist, right?

Aaron's

A shitposting hall

They eventually bulldozed the one near me.

Sherwin-Williams Paint Store

You were in the last thread a month ago

doubt it.

it's not the same

A burger king

It was a small hardware store for a while, but now it's abandoned again. I squatted in there for a couple weeks shortly after it first closed down. Shit still had power and water.

Pancho Villas. Never ate there before. I might just look up their food menu online.

The Video Station I went to in the NES Genesis days is now a fucking women's health clinic.
The Video Update I went to in the PS1 days is now a vet clinic and a doctors office
Hollywood video is now some indian grocery store.
Rogers Video is now a Subway and a Donair place.

A small grocery store. Movie Gallery was much closer and now it's a Boba Tea.

a wells fargo bank

lol

An Imo's pizza.

Don't lie to me faggot
We're not in a relationship

One half is a party supply chain & the other is a knife store.

I live in a country with third world internet (Australia) and mine's still chugging along because of it. Just.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elan_Media_Partners

Where do you live? Mine became a Woolies.

A pharmacy with a doctors office.

Autozone

My secret lair.

A Subway and a pasta place

Nothing, because we never had one, lol.

There's still an active video rental place in town, at least. Plus they sell fudge!

Subway

Hollywood Video > Blockbuster

Lonnie.

Verizon Wireless

Tower Records

>Hollywood Video
We're not all numale liberal cucks living in our parent's second homes, buddy.

Speaking of Blockbuster, how did you guys feel when early 2000s TV shows and culture concluded in 2006? Sad? Bittersweet?

One is a shop mart type place and the other is a restaurant I believe.

mine is still open for business. ya'll jelly?

Buddy's Home Furnishings

No because that means u live in Alaska or Mexico

Most of them turned into phone stores and other stupid retail spots. One turned into a bad ass bar/billiards place that I go to quite a bit.

Or Texas, or Kentucky, or Oregon, or Florida, or North Dakota, or South Dakota, or Michigan, or...a whole lot of places.

blockbuster.com/franchise.html

Thats 3 years old pal

And? They're in areas with poor internet quality and/or penetration, and are removed from the portion of the company that closed down. They're franchises, individually owned, and in areas where the owners would still be making money.

With the exception of a few from the list, all of those are still open.

Hastings was the dominant video store in my area. The one closest to me is now a gym.

this always makes me laugh

>tfw no Blockbuster
>tfw no video rental
>tfw no Redbox
>tfw garbage internet
Somebody save Canada, please.

A mattress store, a liquor store and demolished. On a similar note, I wonder what will happen to all of the Macy's and JC Penny's and Sears and Best Buys when they are wiped out.

Dude there are exactly 12 still open in USA as of 6 months ago. 9 in Alaska, 3 in Texas.

I loved them back in they day, but why in gods name would i go rent video. In fact, why would I even bother paying for a streaming service when there are zillions of free streaming sites and torrents.

right in the feels

>posts no source
Sorry, but no.

Kelly moore paints.

Absolute Dental.

All the ones near me turned into Verizon stores

None of the big chains survived

The small mom and pops ran by spics are still alive. One of them still has a super faded out Superstar bus shelter poster proudly on display by the entrance

It's now a locally owned BedBathandBeyond-ish mom and pop shop.

>posts a source from 2014
Yea, I don't think so squirt

A gym and insurance company.