Justice League : Adjusting the tone of the cyborg character was part of reshoots

>IGN: Can you say what's different? Is there's any difference in tone?

>Morton: Well, the stuff that I had to do were just really small little bits and pieces, nothing necessarily having to do with tone. I know that with Ray [Fisher], the young man who plays Victor, there were some adjustments that they made in terms of the tone of that character. I think what I heard was that there was a need from the studio to lighten up the film in a way, that the film felt too dark. I don't know what that meant in terms of how it actually got translated in terms of the reshoots but that's what I heard. That's what I thought some of the reshoots were about.

uk.ign.com/articles/2017/08/10/justice-league-adjusting-the-tone-of-the-cyborg-character-was-part-of-the-reshoots

The important part
> I think what I heard was that there was a need from the studio to lighten up the film in a way, that the film felt too dark.

Guess that means we're getting a Joss Whedon Justice League?

Blame Wowo's massive success, and Whedonitis.

Thankfully, there is only so much they can do with reshoots. JL will still keep a lot of the tone that was originally intended, so will be at least pretty dark if they felt the need to lighten it up.

It DOES mean that we'll likely be getting lighter (none Gotham) films after this though. Sort of fitting really, for the setting to get lighter after the resurrection of Superman and the formation of the JL.

Also, we might not have too much to worry about. Wonder Woman was plenty dark at times. I mean, the death of her aunt, all those dying and injured on and off the battlefield, and the city she had her first dance and fuck with the man she loved being gassed out of existance hours before his death. Heavy shit, really.

better cyborg coming through

Parts of Wonder Woman was also done before the studio tried to lighten things up as well.

For one the ending was changed. Originally the movie ended on a more somber note.

>he says Boo-Yah
well thats cool anyway

>Cyborg
This literally-who jigaboo is one of the most blatant instances of tokenism I've seen.

You're assuming they are revamping JL to look like Wonder Woman. They are not. The reshoots are a last-minute attempt to piggyback onto Marvel's formula (see Suicide Squad) because they have less than no faith in the material.

We're in for another schizophrenic mess born of two directors, endless delays and the usual reshoots.

>Thankfully, there is only so much they can do with reshoots

like completely destroy a movie because they can only patch things up and edit shit to try to make it fit and ending up with something that is neither one of the two directions nor something in the middle, but a mess that tries to be everything at the same time

>They are not. The reshoots are a last-minute attempt to piggyback onto Marvel's formula (see Suicide Squad) because they have less than no faith in the material.

They said the same thing about Wonder Woman. That the movie was a mess, the studio had no faith in the movie, that Chris Pine as the man on set had to help the female director control things, that the script had been changed to lighten the movie up after BvS...

They really should dropped Synder and and his wife after MoS, or stick with them until the very end. This cinematic shitverse they're creating is the movie equivalent of a stillborn.

Kek

DCuck in mad zone :DDD

Fucking homo

Snyder said Cyborg was the heart of the story. What a shame that they're butchering whatever he and Terrio had in mind.

How much more somber can you get? The war ended, but she was mourning, and WW2 was looming. She can never return to the island. She is trapped in a society that will treat her as a second class citizen for decades to come. She may not be alone, but all those she is really close to are dead or far away, and those she knows will age and die long before she meets Bruce and the JL.

I mean, fuck. Just because it ends with celebration and a timeskip. The start and beginning of the film is her melancholy over the last memory of that time she has.

I think there was no celebration at the end, i think.

Wow he looks like shit

Told you, you fucking faggots.

IGN: So what does Dr. Stone think of what he's done to Victor to help save him? I can't help but think, again, like Terminator's Dyson -- unintended consequences. In this case, though, it seems more benevolent but still unintended consequences.

Morton: I think you're correct. It is unintended consequences and then at first it's not looked upon by Victor as something that's correct. Unlike the other members of the Justice League, Victor has no alias, he has no way of hiding behind another personality or some sort of mask in order to protect themselves. He is very much like Frankenstein [Frankenstein's Creature] again in that there's no disguising who he is. So that what I think ends up happening is that section of the movie and certainly that character, Cyborg, is a metaphor for being The Other. Which is why I'm glad it's being played by -- that I'm playing dad and Victor is a black, young man. Because I think that is the metaphor in a certain way, that it is talking about what it means to be The Other. Even if you have something that you can contribute to society, very often society doesn't view you that way. Because when you are The Other, the first response by the mainstream, if you will, is to ostracize. So I think that's what Victor's fears are. He has to figure out how to overcome before he then eventually becomes benevolent and understands that the powers that he has can be used for great good.

Niggatron

That would make sense, as it didn't really fit. It was pretty jarring, all things considered.

I'm not worried about JL. I'll just go into it with an open mind, looking forwards to Batfleck and the return of Superman, and of course Flash antics.

shit we're going to get quips aren't we?

Know what happens to a parademon when it's struck by lightning?

n-no?

The same thing that happens to everything else.

Nah, let me explain this to you:

Years ago a no name guy worked with DONNER and made a lot of friends in WB, his favorite superhero was HAL JORDAN, Green lantern, the one that got that terrible movie years ago. He worked as consultant in that shit, eventually he got promoted, to CCO of DC, he knew WARNER wanted to replace Hal jordan with the black green lantern in the failed 2011 JL movie. So he had to stop it!

1. SOMEONE pitched CYBORG as a terrible monster, a guy that hates himself and it's losing humanity, and that see himself as a monster

2. ZACK and the designer had to work with this character, they were FORCED to work with cyborg.

3. WARNER announced a CYBORG movie, but as time passed everyone discovered said SOMEONE lied, and that cyborg wasnt an interesting character and that nobody liked him

4. Warner cancelled the cyborg movie, and tried to push it into flash, 2 different directors quit and one passes on the movie, you can't put this self hating monster in the movie!

5. Turns out Cyborg not only doesnt really have fans or stories, he also was only popular in the teen titan comics as a football player with lots of energy and well, a teen that loves pizza. Turns out SOMEONE turned him like that, becuase Cyborg replaced MARTIAN MANHUNTER, an isolated martian, why? Because if you include CYBORG, you don't need another black in the team.
Geoff Johns also happens to be the writer of Flashpoint the movie that now will be the new flash movie (that means royalties), he used his
influence as: EXECUTIVE, CONSULTANT, and top dog in DC to make his own work into a movie, same thing for the next shazam movie. He is also known as someone that hates batman, he gave himselñf the job to work with affleck in the script of the movie... The script was trash and rejected bu both WB and new directors.

Quips with a side of fries please

DC execs keep fucking everything up with their reshoots

When will they fucking learn not to panic and emulate other shit

How does HBO manage to have better CGI than a hollyjew film with a 150million dollar budget?

why the fuck are they putting cyborg in the center or near the center of everything that's coming out of jl?
the fuck?
he is the least important and least likable character.
in the trailer he looks uncomfortable as fuck when he says, 'thought u were myth'

Because John Boyega is racist and thinks black people don't get enough work.

>150 million
This will be $250 million at the least

I have no clue. Cyborg is such a boring character you can't really do anything with him. The only thing you can do is just keep him a supporting role. Seriously besides being part computer Batman can do all the tech stuff better and is a good charger.

Geoff Johns.

If they screw with Snyder's vision, they won't be seeing any money from me.

It is good that we were able to at a least get two amazing CBM that stuck true to Snyder.

gigga nigga

Meme away, faggot. Isolate and blow up YouTube clips all you want. This shit actually looks pretty good. Quibble all you want about the design choices, but the effect itself is pretty solid.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>Niggatron

Mr terrific or jon stewart would have much better diversity picks. Fuck even static would be better

fuck off, weeb

>we want the Robocop remake/Transformers audience

Kek, underrated