So, will DC's experiment with bringing back non-PG superhero books be a success or a failure?

So, will DC's experiment with bringing back non-PG superhero books be a success or a failure?

Middling

DC is already on the path of healing.

Depends how the actual issue is, that preview didn't make a strong impression

Could be a slow build, but yeah, I'm more hyped for Cave well, just the backups and Shade right now.

Success storywise but failure saleswise.

Most people trade wait for these kind of stories/characters. So even if while people may love the stories, most will just Tradewait to read it.

Plus the die-hard fans for these kinds of things is small.

The young animal line will survive longer then 7 of Marvels line wide reboots

>well, just the backups
Yeah I'm buying Cave Carson just for Scioli as well

I kind of see Young Animal as kind of a much needed successor to Veritgo, because the latter has most certainly seen better days

This. They'll have good reviews and word of mouth, but they certainly won't do well in floppies. Possibly in trade. Which seems to be what DC is pushing towards, especially since they make more money on trades than floppies now.

If there is any scenario for them to succeed, it is now- DC has tons of goodwill right now and people might be more willing to give YA a shot.

Depends on if Way fangirls show up to pay I guess.

I imagine at the very least Doom Patrol will launch higher than the previous series. I wouldn't even be surprised if it ended up in the Top 10.

The rest of the line though doesn't look as promising.

I imagine DC is judging these books based on the sales metric of Vertigo though.

Regular superhero books aren't PG, Gerar Way is a faggy hack and every single Young Animal book is objectively terrible. Take a shower, read Image, get a clue.

So you've read them?

Hopefully a combination of Rebirth + Way DP sales will help keep the other titles afloat.

Critical success, commercial failure

At this point I'm not sure if you're trying to be funny or if you're serious.

I really want YA to succeed.

If they're bad I hope it fails. If they're good I'll dread the inevitable failure.

Why are you so fucking negative? All of you want it to be good, consider it good for what you've seen so far and yet you are almost sure will fails.

Why is Cliff always the one who gets fucked up?
He just lost his head and it's the cover.

wizard bump

>Why are you so fucking negative?

Because we've all seen enough sales figures to know what the average person buying comics wants. Star Wars and A tier characters

>Why are you so fucking negative?
I can't help it. I'm just negative, man.

It's not being negative, it's being realistic.

Doom Patrol will probably do okay but everything else will do pretty poorly, trades could go either way, and DC will let them go on for a 1-3 years before killing the low selling ones.

>DC will let them go on for a 1-3 years before killing the low selling ones.
>mfw it took me several seconds before I remembered that killing books after a year isn't actually normal
Marvel has ruined me.

Post more Larry.

You say that as though DC hasn't killed books before 12 issues

rip vibe

>Mfw Prez

>mfw prez backup in a finch catwoman oneshot

It makes me a little sad that DC will probably just toss these books to the direct market and let them sink or swim.

It just seems like a no-brainer that with Gerard Way heading this line, that these books should be put in Hot Topic. If DC was smart, they should try and work out a deal with the store and get a display of these comics right at the cash register. Music stores like HMV already sell trades and comic merchandise, try and get some in places like that.

Young Animal certainly has the potential to be a mild success if they just put in that little extra bit of effort to actually market it to people outside of the comic shop scene that might give a damn, and then put it in a place that's easily accessible to them.

>Hyperion
>Nighthawk
I am still mad

Anyone know if Larry's in this book? That's definitely the Negative Man costume, but the green jacket and shades are definitely reminiscent of Rebis. I hope it's just a shout out to the Morrison run, because I prefer the more classic version of the character.

Poor Larry, he is the one the Chief fucked up most.

man were any of these silver age doctors not massive assholes. throwing in doc magnus and xavier

Doom Patrol movie when?

He's called Negative Man and Way's said Larry's in the book, so guess.

Hopefully never. I just don't trust WB to make a good Doom Patrol movie.

Yes but I think the Negative Spirit has a collective mind from the persons who were the Negative Man/Larry and now is hungry for destruction.

>My struggle, by Mel Gibson

Alright Sup Forums what character you want to return in the series? Can be anyone, from Mr. Nobody to Super Hip.

>Yes but I think the Negative Spirit has a collective mind from the persons who were the Negative Man/Larry
So... Giffen's Larry. It's still Larry.

He's not "hungry for destruction," he feeds off negative energy now. One of the solicits literally said this.

Pretty much. He is wearing Rebis green jacket because he has good taste for jackets.

I know but there was something with being hungry for mischief.

I predict It's gonna go down like Tom King's Omega Men...too obscure to attract new readers, gets cancelled, then the sales of the trade paperback just fuckin skyrocket.

Omega men did good in trades because of batman