Is this the best music documentary ever made?

Is this the best music documentary ever made?

Tenacious D the pick of destiny.

Montage of a Heck

Some Kind of Monster is

both OP and user are right

Yes, its pretty much unknown. I don't even like metal but the documentary is fantastic

There's also this documentary about Pentagram that's fucking amazing. I forget the name

Last Days Here, pretty solid if you like metal/rock

"The Rutles" tops it for me along with spinal tap, but I never see anyone mention it

This isn't This Is Spinal Tap.

This is Spinal Tap isn't actually a documentary, though.

saw them open for acdc in 2008, they sucked balls

Good god no

Monterey Pop, Dont Look Back, Gimme Shelter, Woodstock and Jazz on a Summer's Day are all better

oldfag detected

Theyre not

They were always shit.

Canada had way better bands, Razor, Annihilator, and fucking VOIVOD. Anvil just wasnt good enough to be more than what they are.

That was a great docu.

No, it's a decent movie but it's too partial.

I saw them recently, mainly for Night Demon.

They have a few good songs and one great one, but yeah, they're relatively mediocre. Great guitar/drums, but the vocals don't really work. Still, I was happy to see them being able to make a successful living now doing what they love. Plus the guy played guitar with a vibrator, so that was pretty cool.

Can we get a /heavymetalkino/ thread going?

What does Sup Forums think of Todd and the Book of Pure Evil?

i second this.

I'm desperately waiting for the Lords of Chaos movie

I saw Deathgasm last week. Some kino shit in there, some crap shit...I would recommend watching it for a laugh.

What do you recommend?

Todd and the Book of Pure Evil for one. Its similar to Dethgasm, but a series and better in pretty much every way (I like Dethgasm too.)

Basically Buffy combined with Tenacious D and Metalocalypse. It won two awards in Canada.

>Tenacious D
>Heavy Metal (obviously)
>Terrorvision

nothing else comes to mind at the moment though.

>anything other than The Last Waltz

I saw them play in some little shithole Ontario town. They put on a pretty good show, but it's kinda sad that this dude didn't know when to give up the dream. When they're talking about their new album and he genuinely thinks their dated music is gonna finally make them big...