Cotton-pickin' second

>cotton-pickin' second

I presume Archie-Sonic comics are drawn in the deep south.

I welcome any attempt to either confirm or refute this.

Other urls found in this thread:

phrases.org.uk/meanings/cotton-picking.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's a common centuries old phrase that is most certainly not exclusive to the south, and even then few people use it these days, either ironically or unironically.

Source: I'm in Texas and I have literally never heard the phrase outside of cartoons.

Also Archie Comics is stationed in New York and hires artists from all over the country, such as Tyson Hesse, who is in Los Angeles.

Is that supposed to be, like, a long second?
As in, those lazy niggers are taking too long to pick that cotton?

There's an expression in French that's the "quart d'heure Africain", meaning that if you have an appointment in Africa, expect your date to be 15 minutes late.

Dude probably heard it watching Looney Tunes.

>I presume Archie-Sonic comics are drawn in the deep south.
I thought that was crazy at first, then I remembered how Bunnie talks and how Antoine dresses.

I suppose it's possible one or more of their artists might be FROM the South... but it's also possible their artists might have written that phrase down after hearing it uttered on their way to work, which I presume would be more likely in the south than the north.

No, it's not meant to be longer or anything. Cotton-picking is racist for sure, but it doesn't really mean anything in particular, it's just a stand-in for curse words.

They aren't, but the writer for that issue is a black man from the south.

Huh, apparently it isn't racit.
phrases.org.uk/meanings/cotton-picking.html

...source?

No, Knothole Village is just located in the Deep South.

Huh, apparently Knothole Village is in Mississippi.

Never occurred to me to ask what state it was based on, but I'm guessing that if it did, I'd probably have figured it for Washington State from the height of the trees. Apparently Google search confirms Mississippi has some rather tall trees itself.

Bunnie Rabbot even says "the south shall rise again"

The metal sonic one. the first one.

Look up Karl Bollers.

NVM, since found it on my own.

Thanks anyway, though!

Welcome.

>drawn
>issue is with the writing

HURRR

It's "old timey" sayings that lived on through cartoons all the way up to the 90's. Cartoons used to say all kinds of old quotes, especially Warner Brothers ones. Has it really come to an era where anons on Sup Forums wouldn't know this?

So is the artist, Jon Gray.

Archie is located in Mamaroneck.
That's in NY state, if you don't know.

Their freelancers are from all fucking over, though.

I'd have figured the artists would get together to decide on the dialogue, rather than the writers getting to pick it themselves.

Been a while since I read those comics at all, though, I'm just looking back for old times' sake at the ones I did read.

So do they all go to NY to draw this, or do they just e-mail in their drawings from wherever?

>Sonic will never look like this again.

Spaz's art was king back in the day.

that's a writer's decision you dummie