youtube.com/watch?v=sCoJvu8PF7Q
hadesandtheafterlife.weebly.com/respecting-hades.html
religioustolerance.org/chr_sat2.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Hercules doesn't go insane and kill his wife in the first few minutes
>Hercules doesn't have to clean up stables full of shit
>Hercules' dipshit cousin doesn't appear
>Neither does Newton the centaur

It's still my favorite Superman movie, though. They really nailed Lois Lane and Jor-El's personalities.

It is a good Superman movie.

>disney upholding contemporary western values of right and wrong in front of contemporary western audiences
How dare they.

Hades is a chaotic evil bitch nigga

I'm very glad this is your first day on the internet, that you stumbled upon babby's first Greco-Roman cultural trivia "Hades wasn't actually evil DUDE!" on a clickbait website and can now feel smug and intellectually superior about a children's movie getting something slightly wrong for the sake of entertainment. Really congratulations my man. We haven't heard this one in like two days, so thanks for the update haha. Keep us posted.

>it's a OP complains about accuracy to source in one of the 2 Disney movies he knows the source of episode

He literally has 4 living parents at the end.

At least Hades is the best Disney villain.

>"Will you listen to him? He's making the story sound like some greek tragedy!"

>"Lighten up, dude!"

>"We'll take it from here, darling."

The muses are unrealiable narrators.

I thought I was the only one who saw it that way. Nice to know.

>no Iolaus

dropped.

Marry fuck kill

I'd watch a cartoon that was just all of the Greek gods being fucking assholes to each other for no reason.

Someone needs to make It's Always Sunny On Mount Olympus.

WHO PUT THE GLAD I GLADIATORRR?

youtube.com/watch?v=sCoJvu8PF7Q

>Hades wants to depower Hercules with some weird potion that is never explained or alluded to again
>He, the lord of the dead has to ask his underlings if Hercules is dead.
>Prologue states Zeus defeated the Titans on his own, but he was wrecked at the climax of the film.
>Hades' prophets couldn't forsee Hercules becoming immortal or Hades defeat
It's a badly written movie.

I would never give up this fantastic evil Hades for the sake of a more accurate and neutral character.

The only better evil Hades out there is the Kid Icarus Hades, and I was pretty shocked he was an even more fun villain than this one.

Disney's Lolita when?

>Hercules is not Godzilla

>stumbled upon babby's first Greco-Roman cultural trivia "Hades wasn't actually evil DUDE!" on a clickbait website

???

I'm pretty sure most people are aware Hera was evil and Hades was alright based on the Hercules and Xena episodes they used to watch. Did you not watch those shows back when they were airing?

Wait for Gigantic in 2018.

was that show even any good?

I think the implication here is that OP is too young to have seen either of them.

Isn't that sort of what the Hercules animated series was?

>>Hercules doesn't have to clean up stables full of shit

Actually he does. Phil advises him not to wear his good sandals

Grant Morrison also thinks it's the best Superman movie ever made

They sort of montage through a lot of the labors.

The Hydra fight was the big show piece of the film but stuff like the Nemean lion is a sight gag cameo

>Giving a shit
>Thinking Greek mythology is important enough that every interpretation has to be accurate every time

kys autist.

Fuck off Bellcross, go punch some black holes

>>Hades' prophets couldn't forsee Hercules becoming immortal or Hades defeat

Oh no they saw it. The Fates are just dicks

seriously you'd think he'd have been the obvious comic side kick character

Even if they'd told him it wouldn't have changed anything. Fate is a bitch.

Fun fact, Hera was originally suppose to be the villain as Hades as a snarky sidekick to Herc, but they changed it for unknown reasons.

If Disney's Hercules would be made into a live-action movie like Cinderella and Jungle Book. One of the changes I would make is for Hera to be the big bad guy behind everything using Hades as a puppet. With Hercules as a bastard son by Zeus' many affairs using a smokescreen to cover up Herc's true origins.

Also Robert Downey Jr. as Hades.

Ah, my bad - I'd forgotten about that bit.

>Fun fact, Hera was originally suppose to be the villain as Hades as a snarky sidekick to Herc, but they changed it for unknown reasons.

yeah gee I wonder why the family movie would change things so the mother is the loving figure and the lord of hell is the villain. Got a real mystery on our hands.

I knew it went down on that, but we live a new era, plus Disney has a major hard-on for twist villains since Frozen.

yeah okay, but Hercules came out Jesus fuck almost 20 years ago.

I honestly don't remember that bit from Hercules.
All I really remember is there was Hercules, and Ares
Rewatching it does not hold up
>They made Typhon a bumbling giant Fred Flintstone who had his toe trapped under a rock
Also I remember a sexy Drider Snake Lady but that may've been Beastmaster.
Hera makes sense, Hades being the sidekick doesn't.

>Actually falls in love with Esmeralda instead of using her as a one night stand and then watching as she burns after being framed for his murder a sentence he could have easily stopped but he said, "meh" and went off with some socialite

Seeing Hades as evil only makes sense if you look at him as "lord of hell" instead of writing it as "someone has to keep the dead in their place".

>Isn't a priest who worked tirelessly to raise and educate his ungrateful brother and Quasimodo. A brilliant man who sought knowledge, almost too much knowledge, who was corrupted entirely by a bit of not-actually-a-gypsy ass.

At least we know he is miserable in his marriage.

Christianity just fucked up the western perception of Hades all to hell. pun intended

>At least we know he is miserable in his marriage.

Eh, for a Victor Hugo character he's still riding pretty high

>too young

It aired during the 90s though, how fucking young can you be to not at least have seen it on TV while growing up? Are these the children born after 9/11 that we used to meme about showing up here eventually? pls no, I don't want to be old.

Yeah he is. I love Hugo's novels but I hate how he elevates stupid, innocent love above all things. It left a sour taste while reading Les Mis. Enjolras and his ideals were too good for this world.

source?

>Jafar is evil

He's cool in that Magi anime

Hercules goes insane near the end.

I think Tue shorts were bro gods.
They're on YouTube.

>Still believing Hades wasn't bad before Jesus

hadesandtheafterlife.weebly.com/respecting-hades.html

He's less of a dick than Zeus and Poseidon, for sure, but Greeks and Romans weren't as chill with him as we like to pretend.

Uh, Satan was a concept before Jesus. Old Testament and the Jews and all.

Worst thing he did was steal his wife.

I mean, sorta, but he wasn't quite as well-defined.

religioustolerance.org/chr_sat2.htm

Not saying I understand why people see Hades as a bad dude, just saying that it's not something particularly new.

I think Disney-Hades would have made a good anti-hero, complete with used-car salesman meets sleazy Hollywood agent wit.

Doing good, but for totally selfish reasons.

Shit....I never thought of it that way.

I'd fuck all of them and marry either second from left or third from left. You can't kill any daughter of Zeus and I wouldn't want to.

or they can write their own fucking story?

Center muse is so hawt.

is a clickbait website where YOU learned about greek mythology?

>but they changed it for unknown reasons.

Not really. The writers said that as much as they tried, they couldn't find a sympathetic angle to portray Zeus cheating on Hera and fathering a child out of wedlock.

I don't think anyone could honestly they gave it the old college try though

This never bothered me the Lightning thief on the other hand fucking hated that book.

>>arguing that movies should be the same formula bullshit everytime

I cannot identify a point you could be trying to make with that statement that would require an additional comment, much less a reply to my own.

>I'd fuck all of them and marry either second from left or third from left
mah fukken nigga

>Hepheastus not portrayed as a hideous creep.
>Ares is fat
>Aphrodite being lovey dovey with Heph

Haha yeah ok.

is it even actually clickbait if it's actually kind of educational?

Satan isn't well-defined in the entire Bible, Old and New Testament. 90% of the shit people "know" about Satan comes from Milton, Dante, etc.

Regardless compared to his brothers, Hades is the nice dude really. He has way less stories about him, so it's not the best comparison, but Zeus fucks everyone and cheats on his wife and Poseidon is a rage monster who can't let shit go.

Lucifer is mentioned all of once and Satan has a scant like 3 appearances. Im amazed it's even become such a central figure at all.

Just realized that I don't know ANYTHING about 1001 nights and don't know how much of Aladdin is made up or how much is true. Is there really a Jafar? Is there a Jasmine? Jasmine sounds suspiciously western. Is there a female character that they renamed? Is there an Abu?

I also am waiting on that source.

and Poseidon is just as horny as Zeus

well it's all made up, but if you're asking what the original was like

It was set in some ambiguous part of China to start with and Al was indeed a street rat. A sorcerer pretended to be his brother from another mother and tricked Al into stealing the lamp from a boobie trap filled cave.

In the story there's a couple genies. One from a magic ring Al was given by the sorcerer and the one in the lamp. Also Aladdin's mom is more important in this version

There is a princess but her name is not Jasmine it's Badroulbadour, so uh... probably a smart marketing move.

Anyways, things are pretty kicking till the sorcerer finds out what's what and tricks Al's mom out of the lamp by swapping it for a newer one. (She didn't know it was magic)

Al uses the ring genie to go where the sorcerer is and the princess does the whole seduction thing to get the lamp back.

As far as Disney adaptions go this one isn't too far off the mark. There's some stuff with the sorcerers brothers coming back for revenge tossed in there but eh.

Born 1998, they'd be 18 at best 9 months or so and I don't think Hercules or Xena were airing much in the early 2000's and any channels that do are very niche

>lord of hell
He's the lord of more than just that. Lord of the awesome parts of the afterlife too.

>Cloth was purple
Well I never did...and knowing me I probably never will.

>makes the pharoah a dick
>then punishes the egyptian masses because he made the pharoah a dick
>pharoah almost releases the slaves
>makes his hard stone cold again
>kills all of the first born in egypt along with a couple of innocent young sheep just to paint the doors red
>this is supposed to be a kind and merciful god

Moses pls

Look, Im just going off what the general populace sees. I read the myths I know his bag.

That greek myth was so brutal wasn't the reason of course.
They could have bowlderized it a thousand ways without messing up the character relationships.
Look at Frollo, he's made into an unanbiguously bad guy, but he's still Quasimodos caretaker and obsessively in love with Esmeralda.
They could have made Hera the villain easily. She wouldn't be the first evil stepmother.

The reason they changed it is because they wanted to tell their own story and figured kids wouldn't care about it being called Hercules without being about Hercules.

You're allowed to roll your eyes at that. That doesn't make you pretentious.

American re imaginings of mythology always have the god of death or destruction as the big bad. Gods like Hades and Anubis get the bad end of the stick due to this.

>Oh no they saw it
must be why they were surprised when his lfe thread wouldnt cut

It's thanks to fucks like you Disney is gonna make Death the villian if they ever fet the rights to mort.

>Disney is gonna make Death the villian if they ever get the rights to mort
seriously?
or is this an example

Looks like God is Dead.

Bonuspoints for being old.

He's mentioned all the time in the New Testament.

God is Dead. Iirc Lucifer dicked around with everyone and he ends up dicking Persephone. Hades is hilariously spineless there.

Don't forget that the penis-faces don't make an appearance.

What bullshit is that?

Greek mythology has plenty of different interpretations of the characters, though. We just have accepted the words of specific authors over others. You can perfectly write Hades being a dick and it still would be in line with what someone has written.

Isn't Lucifer's first appearance in the old testament in the book of job where god just starts putting job's livelihood and family on the line because he wanted to brag to Satan about how pious job is?

But what about Prince of Egypt?

Which is a shame because Anubis is the best Egyptian god.
>"Sorry my dad killed your husband and cut him up into several pieces."
>"If it makes you feel better I'll help you find all the...bits? and uh, I don't know. Wrap them together or something?"

Doesn't that cut up god get brought to back with a blowjob too? I know one Egyptian god was brought back from the dead with a blowjob. Then you have the uncle rap and cum salad story. Sekhmet being made to get drunk to be turned into a less moody/bloodthirsty god is pretty funny too.

>Hades stealing lines from GLaDOS