Why is drawing so fucking hard?

Why is drawing so fucking hard?

How do comic book artists even finish anything?
Can animators really make thousands of drawings/frames effortlessly?

Am I literally braindead why cant I grasp basic art concepts

Because you're stupid

Indeed i have failed

If this were /ic/ people would be incoherently screaming "LOOMIS HARDER" but honestly the only thing I can say is just do a lot more autistic draws until you stop sucking.

>effortlessly
lol k

Just keep drawing

practice my nigga. lots and lots of practice.

Those renaissance artists who made masterpieces were trained by masters from the time they were like 12 years old. They lived off their art and spent essentially every day working on it as a job. If you spend 6 hours a day not just absent-mindedly doodling, but making a concerted effort to make every drawing better than your last one, or to improve a certain aspect of your art, I guarantee you you will see results in a single week.

Treat it like a job and not a hobby.

Take this advice from someone that draws for a living.

You're afraid to fail yourself.

Draw things you'd never dare to draw. Don't mimic or trace or copy what someone else does. Just spend a few days thinking of different people, places and go fucking wild.

You can only think up of a straight line? Sketch that shit. That's a sick fucking line bro. Because you weren't scared to break out of your comfort zone and kick that white sheet of paper's ass in. Add some more sickass lines and be amazed.

if you ever think its to hard
just remember ONE is a successful artist
he use to be much worse, and still is pretty bad compared to other successful artists, but he's always showing improvement and certainly didn't get popular because his art

>practice my nigga. lots and lots of practice.
Not OP but no amount of practice can fix the fundamental problem of poor work ethics. OP doesn't understand how professional artists finish a given project, because OP is unable to finish his own projects.

If you don't have the commitment, you will never improve, OP.

Drawing is no different from writing(not in the creative sense, the technical sense). the only reason anyone can write a sentence is because we spend almost all our early life practicing to write or else they go nowhere in society while most people only have to learn how to draw a stickfirgure to get by in "art" lessons in garde school.

Keep practicing dude. There's nothing hard about the thought process here.

Set a goal and then have the self-discipline to stick with it.

I.e. Stop being an edgy teenager and nut up.

drawing heads and faces is fun, but also easy
practice drawing bodies more

>Why is drawing so fucking hard?
Because it is. Drawing requires a huge amount of knowledge, practice, learning and sometimes just time.

A lot of artists very notably don't finish their projects. There's a reason the Old Masters tended to run their own studios and had multiple assistance.

Not that I don't get what you're saying but like you said, the old masters treated art as their job because it was their job.
Also said artists also had studios and assistants.

Keep it up, dummy. It never gets easier. But you can get better.

>Why is translating an idea that exists in some unknowable dimension within the confines of the electric impulses of my bio-meta psyche into a tangible object that can exist as a shared experience in space-time so hard??? Why isn't everything easy for me?!??

I don't known user. Shit keeps me up at night too.

Any advice here for improving your work ethic when it comes to art? I feel like I keep getting distracted while working on my art, especially after work.

You're trying to reproduce a nebulous idea of an image from your mind (which works in 3D projected on a 2D vision system) on a 2D page, with lines that, strictly-speaking, do not actually exist.

It's hard because it's not fucking natural and you have to train it like any other skill that requires a keen mind-body connection and observation of how your body moves relative to the world you observe around you and the model you've built of that world (or any other world you might dream up) in your head.

Remember that drawing is about recording observations and archiving them to mix and match later. The observation is more important than anything else, followed by how you manage to record it.

People work differently, but when I began to really focus on drawing daily, one of the biggest helps for me was unplugging. No TV in the background, no music, nothing- just focusing on the work itself. After a few months I started playing music again, though I turn it back off if I really need to concentrate.

ONE is literally shit, his adaptations were only good because they were done by actual animators.

Everyone has a thousand bad drawings in them. You need to get those out first before you get to the good ones

You have to practice human figure daily all the time. Hours. And hours drawing the same shit in diferent sizes and from diferent perspectives. Don't do cartoony shit. Do complex. Do hands. Then youll notice you start sucking less and less. And then youll be pissed that you cant do landscapes and youll go throw the same process again. Buy a ton of art courses and start. Thats all.

his art is shit
but he knows his shit; paneling, build up, and fight choreography.
he's the idea guy, that decided to say "fuck it" and make his dream
he's an inspiration.
i find myself studying him more than good artists, because i want to make comics.
he's not just an isolated incident either
Andrew Hussie didn't put much effort into his art, but worked his ass off in other aspects.
there's also Yoshihiro Togashi if you count the original art for HxH hell i want to collect the original version

its odd, the least important thing about a visual medium isn't how good the art is, rather everything else