>3. Justice League #4
>4. Nightwing #4
>5. Green Arrow #6
>6. Cyborg: Rebirth #1
>7. Walking Dead #158
>8. Supergirl #1
>9. Aquaman #6
>10. Harley Quinn #3

>A weak week for Marvel sees them trashed in the top ten again as DC Comics takes 9 and the Walking Dead takes 1. Green Arrow has to be seen as one of the biggest DC Rebirth successes, with the old creative team just given a lick of paint. And Aquaman beats out everything Marvel has to offer…

bleedingcool.com/2016/09/11/bleeding-cool-bestseller-list-11th-september-2016-no-more-marvel/

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/books/best-sellers/paperback-graphic-books/
dccomics.com/comics/all-star-batman-2016/all-star-batman-1
dccomics.com/comics/all-star-batman-2016/all-star-batman-2
comixology.com/All-Star-Batman-2016/comics-series/74148
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>A much stronger Wednesday than the previous week – lots of good books for people to choose from.

>While DC trades kill it – MARVEL back issues always seem to be the ones I need to restock the most. Boxes are getting TOO loose as everyone still wants to pick up MARVEL back issues.

>Rebirth Domination is back after taking a week off. Eight of our top ten sellers was a rebirth title with only Doctor Strange and Walking Dead giving them a run for their money! Still not every rebirth title is a hit Supergirl didn’t even break the top twenty at our store.

>Nine Rebirth books, nine DC books in our store’s top ten. The tenth place book? Walking Dead #158, helped in part by two covers (a few two-copy purchases helped it to nose out Star Wars: Poe Dameron by three copies sold). So even in a week with a pretty solid Marvel line, the company can’t generate enough reader interest to even crack our top ten. Marvel needs a plan to restore quality and rebuild reader interest–and Monsters Unlimited isn’t going to do it…

>Low-priced 1980s DCs have been moving pretty steadily this week.

>Not a bad week for comics and yet not a great week…it just was. Batman was on top of the list so i guess everything is fine in the the world.

>Venom and X-23 were sought after on the back issue front.Their own books and any other issues they popped up in through out the Marvel Universe.

>Wednesday was great. Usually there is a drop in sales thanks to September being the first full month of everyone back to school unless it is a 3D variant month. The various Rebith titles amazingly all held their high sales. I under ordered thinking we would lose some readers going back to school. Sadly we sold out of Aquaman, Batman, Green Arrow, Justice League, and Superman on Wednesday or sales would have even been hirer. Marvel though is still sinking faster than I am cutting orders. Daredevil did well. Doctor Strange which I thought would do well since it has a movie coming out did not. The Civil War spin offs are dead weight now.

>More surprises with Valiant back issues. The Ninjka announcement of him hitting the really small screen most likely helped. Sold a Golden Age Batman 24 this week. That was a good sale.

>Another Top Ten without a Marvel book (Moon Knight was our highest Marvel seller at 11, so close), but on month 4, Rebirth is still kicking ass in our store. Cyborg Rebirth has sold slightly better than expected and it’s off to an interesting start. Outside of Batman, Justice League and Superman taking our top spots, Walking Dead and Paper Girls were right behind, and will be our actual bestsellersfor the month (along with Saga). Not a lot of customers are signing up for most of the Marvel Now stuff, so we’re not ordering crazy numbers on most of those. I had a few people add Champions, but like Civil War, we’re seeing a lot of price resistance on $4.99 first issues. And if they’re not buying issue 1, they’re not buying the following issues. Sort out your short term money grabs, Marvel. All of my Top Ten books this week (and most weeks recently) are $2.99 titles.

>We’re still moving lots of Walking Dead back issues, tons of Rebirth to new people, and a decent amount of older Spider-Man back issues. Even selling some early New 52 Justice League and Batman to several customers in the last few weeks. September is our slowest month traditionally, so even though sales are still solid, we are seeing a lot of price resistance on higher priced new comics. Also, it’s an election year, and I almost forgot how much we feel the crunch around that time as some people get a little more conservative with their “fun money” the few months before a big election. Hopefully this year bucks that trend, but we’ll see what happens.

>3. Justice League #4
But why?

So does this mean that Nightwing is doing well?

In those shops yes
Rebirth's goodwill and fans missing the Nightwing name and outfit will help overall

Fans buy Nightwing for the outfit but don't notice Seeley shitting on the Nightwing brand the whole time. How smart of Seeley

Name Recognition. Batman, Justice League, and Superman will always sell well regardless of quality

>$4.99 first issues

You need money to play in the House of Mouse.

Everything will be back to Marvel dominating once DC isnt shitting out Rebirth #1's and they botch everything with the new readers they gained again

>Aquaman beats out everything Marvel has to offer
Deservedly so. Aquaman is fan-fucking-tastic right now and riding on over half a decade of quality stories.

Ugh this is just going to make Marvel do another shitty big event.

>Everything will be back to Marvel dominating once DC isnt shitting out Rebirth #1
Rebirth #1's are planned for months and months. If Marvel are waiting for that they are going to be waiting a long time. Super Sons is pushed back to February last I heard.

>but don't notice Seeley shitting on the Nightwing brand the whole time
I've only read the Rebirth issue, what's he been doing?

. Aquaman #6
. Harley Quinn #3

Is this real life?

Like, holy shit, is this REAL FUCKING LIFE?

Is a good book actually beating HQ trash?

GA at 5 behind the big guns too.

That's amazing.

On alternating weeks we have Titans, Flash, WW, Action and Tec smashing things too. Rebirth strong.

FUCKING CYBORG is beating them.

Aquaman is not good.

In those shops, yes.

Overall, no. Aquaman had the lowest of the big 6 before while Harley was 3rd best selling behind Batman and JL, and that's not gonna sudden change.

Yeah but that's a #1, those always punch high. GA #6 and Aquaman #6 are beating everything Marvel has to offer (and Harley Quinn). That is insane.

When are we going to stop citing Bleeding Cool's sampling of like 10 shops as an indicator of sales? It's been proven time and time again that it's rarely accurate.

Just wait like 2 days for the Comichron numbers.

Marvel have pissed off most of their long time readers and their leaving them. This is a good sign of that

Interesting enough for discussion and comichron has also been confirming that Rebirth is flogging everything else.

When they stop having books Sup Forums likes in the top 10

sales != pre-orders

Plus, Comichron preorders will only be out for August -- it'll take another month until September pre-orders are out.

These BC lists show what people are actually buying, which is a better indication of long-term sales/preorders.

Marvel will still have fans that defend them no matter what they do.

Good point. Lot's of guys in the article saying that the Marvel stuff they picked up is dead weight. So pre-orders may look nice, but it's not being sold.

Are you new to the comic industry?

Sadly this is just because DC is still in the middle of a relaunch. In a few months Marvel will dominate again like it always does normally.

Don't forget the 1:1000 variants!

Was waiting for the first drone to pop up. You can't just brush it off as a relaunch momentum four months later. People are just fully aware Marvel is now Disney present Marvel comics and they aren't interested.

Not really. They still have a second wave of Rebirth titles they plan on launching, this isn't even all of it. It's already got better longevity than the New 52 reboot did. They've been smart about how they're launching all of this stuff. Meanwhile, retailers are getting sick of Marvel's 10 events a year and ridiculous incentive variants that just leave them with a bunch of trash in their store that they end up throwing away cause no one buys them.

we all know you aren't really sad about it

looks like a baby patton oswalt

>even the weakest aquaman issue so far manages to crack the top 10.
Fuck yeah.

>>While DC trades kill it – MARVEL back issues always seem to be the ones I need to restock the most. Boxes are getting TOO loose as everyone still wants to pick up MARVEL back issues.

Oh jeez, I wonder why people are buying the old issues and not the new ones.

>Omega Men was the top seller on Amazon

Feels good.

Got a link to the trade sales?

>Midnighter got a mini because of trade sales
YOU KNOW WHATS COMING PEOPLE

Not Prez lol

I can't wait for Champions #1 to beat out Teen Titans #1. All the Marvel fags will brag about it and then they get hit with the sales for #2 where TT will have hardly dropped and Champions has sunk like a stone

nytimes.com/books/best-sellers/paperback-graphic-books/

Don't know about Amazon, but it's #4 on the NYT Best Sellers

I don't have the numbers, but it was #1 on Amazon's top sellers and top 5 on NYT.

>Persepolis at 5
>Maus at 8
>Persepolis also at 9
Is it 20 years ago?

Don't follow batman, what is happening in that cover? Is he going to rape her? Kill and eat her? All three? He looks like a fucking puma pouncing on a gazelle.

Well considering TKJ has never left DC's top 10 OGN best sellers

Oh oh oh i know i know i know.
Its because marvel used to be much better.

It will be glorious. Champions #2 will just beat teen titans #2 and marvelfags will take sollace in the fact they technicly won

Then issue 3 will hit and not sell at all.

Gotham Girl was brainwashed by Psycho Pirate and is afraid of everything. The issue is about Batman trying to help her get through that.

Psycho-Pirate ramped up the girl's fear, making someone like Batman seem like he's stalking her.

But isn't psyco pirates mask still in the black room at argus.

>Not a lot of customers are signing up for most of the Marvel Now stuff
>we’re seeing a lot of price resistance on $4.99 first issues
YES

Wait if somebody broke into the black room again maybe the haunted tank is out

Meanwhile DC is giving you $2.99 issues all around and a $2.99 80 page issue to kick things off.

They did raise the price on later printings of the rebirth special.

>all around
Isn't All-Star Batman more expensive?
It is. I own #1 cause the shopkeep seemed really enthusiastic. I'm probably gonna tradewait it though. I liked it a lot, but not for that price point.

All rebirth. All star Batman isn't a Rebirth title.

isn't DC planning on shifting back to normal prices & less issue releases soon?

that's just a rumor so far

Yeah there is a small handful of more expensive stuff.
Speaking of which what do they mean when they say dark mansion of forbidden love is prestige format does that just mean it lacks ads

they'll have to eventually and most of the writers seemed to have planned out for about of a year's worth of stuff

I doubt it this price point has been a smashing sucess.
I can see them maybe taking a few of the lower sellers off double shipping but action and detective at least will keep going at 2 a month for that sweet #1000 money.

Yes, but that's not a Rebirth title. The Young Animal stuff is also $3.99 I think.

Still 2.99 online, though, and they did a BIG online push for it -- giving away copies of it for free via their Twitter accounts (main DC account, Flash account, etc.). That's how I got my copy.

Neat

huh, says Rebirth right on the cover.

Admittedly, I've been out of the loop with D.C.'s press releases.
Pardon my confusion.

I don't even mind since it's like 2 for 1, better actually, but still.

>The Young Animal stuff is also $3.99 I think.
yeah, so is the Hanna Barbera books

they gave away a shitload of digital copies, I got mine for free too

No that was a clickbait rumor trying to slander DC

Does it?

dccomics.com/comics/all-star-batman-2016/all-star-batman-1
dccomics.com/comics/all-star-batman-2016/all-star-batman-2

Regardless, it's not part of rebirth so it's not part of the 2.99 thing.

All-Star Batman IS a Rebirth title, you bakas.

comixology.com/All-Star-Batman-2016/comics-series/74148

It's the only one that is a full 20 pages + backup story every issue, hence why it costs more.

So, DC finally wins again in comics, but totaly fails in animation and movies. I'm confused how to feel.

Good? Who gives a flying fuck about the movies.

Those guys are wrong. It is a Rebirth book. what makes it $4.99 is that it has more pages. Not enough to warrant the price, really. But at least it is a little bit more unlike the 1's Marvel will be releasing

It's just using the brand to help get sales. It didn't have a Rebirth one shot and is an elseworlds story, it's got nothing to do with Rebirth.

I was completely unaware, more you know I guess.

Do Marvel's 4.99 #1s really not have extra pages?

You should feel good, you fucking movie casual.

>totaly fails in animation and movies
According to who?

>Fails in the movies

SS has made just over 700mil and it got a shit load from merchandise. DC is shitting the bed with animation but nobody is challenging them in that area . I am looking forward to watching JL Action when it comes out next month though

Its not an ongoing. Its an ongoing graphic novel like DKIII. Essentially a creator owned work, they can charge whatever they want for it. At least DC is still doing OGNs. Marvel hasn't done one in years and likely never will again.

STOP

Comic thread. We're not doing this

Nope. I just checked #1 for Black Panther and that was 23 pages

>and is an elseworlds story

Not true at all.

At least, according to all the interviews with Batgroup writers, All-Star Bats is definitely in-continuity. It's just happening...some other time.

Of course not.

Wait if somebody broke into the black room again maybe the haunted tank is out

What am I supposed to believe?!

The most sad part that animation is utter shit nowdays. I want muh DCAU to be 10/10 again.
According to quality
We both know that SS could easily make 1 bil if it were, at least, good. DCAU is waste of potential.

Also, it feels like Rebirth looks good only because new52 was meh and shit, and Marvel is unreadable sjw-garbage. Still happy that Superdad and Arrow are awesome af. King has memetrain in Batman, but still ok. All other stories are from good to meh. Except JL. It's so generic shit I can't handle it. Didn't read Harley Queen and Batgirl though

The August 2016 charts are delayed.

>Comichron numbers

>implying those are any more accurate
>Champions #1 is going to sell over 400,000
>mostly to Scholastic
>the rest to bargain bins
at least these lists are what stores actually selling.

I don't know, about line-wide, but there was a 4.99 issue of Uncanny X-Men and it has more pages.

See

>We both know that SS could easily make 1 bil if it were, at leas

No, we don't know that. A billion is not easy to make. The MCU can't even do over 800mil unless they have Iron Man in the film. Fucking Winter Soldier only did 715mil and that was the best movie they ever made .

>We both know that SS could easily make 1 bil if it were, at least, good.

No blockbuster would do that much in August.

Also don't forget that DC had full returnability for the first 5 or so issues.

>We both know that SS could easily make 1 bil
These goalposts have no brakes.

That's neat, I'm still vexed by the banner though

>fails in animation
But Action and Caped Crusaders look great
>fails in movies
True but hopefully Johns can save them as well.

Fuck off moviefags seriously go make your own fucking thread. This is drone deterrence 101. Go into a thread about comics and say WELL LOOK AT THE MOVIES. Just stop responding to these faggots, they don't read comics thats why they always try to shift the conversation.