Was Voltron a dud?

Was Voltron a dud?

Other urls found in this thread:

shinka.tumblr.com/post/150283858600/casually-notices-the-bisexual-color-gradient-in
toychestnews.com/Home/1/1/4/678?articleID=183700
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

gotta love the mice

Pfft. No.

At its worst it's not living up to its potential, but there's enough to keep it above a flat out "dud".

It seems to be doing far better than most animated netflix originals.

Do you mean in terms of how good it is or in terms of finances?

I think it's a good example of why Netflix shouldn't release entire seasons in one go like they do.

Now I know it sounds weird to actually WANT to wait a week between episodes but consider what most of the discussion was for most of Sup Forums favorite shows on regular TV: Speculation.

We'd talk about different theories for how the story would go and and talk about big reveals episode by episode. It was something to chew the fat over and it was fun. Voltron was just plopped out in one guy and there's nothing much to discuss other than the next season. It dries up fast.

I'm really hoping they don't do the same with the next season of Wakfu. It's already only 13 episodes without being rushed out.

I agree completely. We have speculation between seasons but that gets old and we end up with people reaching too far and pulling out shit like shinka.tumblr.com/post/150283858600/casually-notices-the-bisexual-color-gradient-in

I haven't watched it, but I've heard it's massively successful and everyone loves it. Where the hell did you get the dud idea?

Thirded, but I think there was a solid effort to keep the generals going for a surprising amount of time.

You know, the point of telly is to watch it, not talk about it.

please, if people only WATCHED tv half these franchises would have no money. They need obsessed people who go above and beyond to provide them more money for shit

Honestly that idea is probably fueled by how unsubtly Korra actually used the same thing.

...i got bored

Tell that to soap magazines and every single fandom general you can mention.

Why do you hate Glitter Force? Too girly for you?

No, the dub is just shit.

Now let me have the opportunity to watch the original Japanese...

Agreed. I don't think it helps that there isn't a big underlying mystery to speculate about yet either, so far it's just shit about Keith being an alien or taking over leadership.

Why are you even on the internet if you don't want to talk about anything. Just live in complete isolation with a tv.

It's extremely annoying to me that 4Kids is dead and yet they're literally still pulling 4Kids bullshit with these heavily Americanized dubs.

I watched the second season last week, the dub script is mostly meh but the voice work as rather solid, three of the villains have the same VA and he shows off his range well.

didn't it fucking flop financially

They should've just did a dub of Fresh instead.

Drawings of Paladins as Precure when?

They brought us the best boy animation has seen in years, so at least they did something right.

Shiro is overrated and boring

Nah, you just have no taste.

>only character besides Pidge to have an engaging plot heavy story
>boring

Kill yourself

Literally the only reason to watch this show. Pidge is alright too, but I'm not a pedoshit.

Hating Shiro won't make Lance special.

he's a generic gary stu but he's a hot one made for suffering

Nope. The threads got bad real quick though, mostly due to what said. We burned through theories fast, and all that was left was shipping shit, kinkposting, and posting dumb shit Tumblr teenagers say.

This is probably a stupid question, but humor me: how do Netflix shows make money? I assume Netflix and the producing studio come to some kind of agreement, but then is it just DVD/Blu-ray sales?

Voltron is pure

The value's mostly in how many new subscribers sign up to the service to see the new show(s). Most of these Netflix Originals were put together because the networks were pulling out and making their own streaming platforms. Netflix's money making ability is in its library and stuff like hype is pretty important.

Subscriptions I think. They get BluRay/DVD sales too, I'm sure.

Define dud.

Nah, the Netflix format is fine. Especially given how aggressively passionate some people can get over their speculation. At least the wank doesn't have time to build up between episodes, or multiple hiatus.

Wow Pidge hates gays

>a nonbinary transaubergine aromantic otherkin cryptolesbian hates patriarchs
Sounds about right.

*slow clap*

It has the worst threads of the board.

Worst than fucking /sug/.

...I don't even know what half of those words.

Time to audit a gender studies class, Cap!

The show wasn't a dud. The fanbase certainly was one though. If I could erase all avatard shipfaggots from existence I'd do it.

>Watching Precure dubbed
>By Saban, even
How about no?

toychestnews.com/Home/1/1/4/678?articleID=183700

Toy news I guess. 1/8 Shiro figure when

Wait for the prison version with removable cloth ragshirt.

Only at parties, just like Keith.

VOL!

...Voltron?

Yeah, that's hardly true.

Why the fuck would they DiC the dub like this

Nah. There's far worse on here. Personally, the millionth Marvel vs DC bait thread gets my vote.

He's still way better written than any of the other heroes aside from Pidge so far. So for him to be only meh says something about how garbage I find the other 3. Though Hunk was getting up there in the last two episodes once he stopped with the fucking food and puke jokes.

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT, KEITH.

Altean Pidge y/n?

This. Though I imagine the user you're responding to is a bitter Lance stan like implied.

n

The show and its fandom would be so much better off if Lance and Keith either didn't exist or both got killed off.

Keith has purpose and potential. Lance is just an annoyance

I don't get why people in these threads trash Keith so much. We don't know if he's going to be good or not, and his fans have for the most part been perfectly fine, or at the very least miles better than lancefags.

Maybe but we had a bunch of people in general early on who thought he was a boring take on a boring archetype to begin with, and I can't entirely disagree with them on the first part. It's not a problem for me because I already like understanding big brother leader types to begin with, but the writing for Voltron in general is pretty mediocre. It's just functional as opposed to fundamentally screwed up like Korras.

My opinion (as someone who genuinely likes Shiro) is that Shiro is a good side character but kind of bland and too perfect to be a lead. They have the galra shit that can fuck him up more and more but he's already the penicle of leadership and maturity which isn't that fun for a main character.

Keith has potential, but until they actually follow through on that, he's just painfully boring. Lance is kind of an overused trope, but if it's not a trope you particularly hate, he's at least kind of fun.

>or at the very least miles better than lancefags.

They're still part of the problem. You'll see just as many tumblrinas with Keith icons screaming about pedophilia and attacking people as tumblrinas with Lance ones.

Keith is also just meh as a character. The guarantee that he's going to be the main focus of season 2 is enough to make me not want to watch anymore.

The less ironic preggo Galra Keith fetishists got pretty bad too.

Four ears....

I don't hate the trope, but Lance is a particularly grating and obnoxious take on it.

the "too perfect" issue is why I think he's gonna die. He's had bad things happen to him, but he never really makes mistakes. That's not a recipe for an interesting character.

>You'll see just as many tumblrinas with Keith icons screaming about pedophilia and attacking people as tumblrinas with Lance ones.
Yeah but they're still usually lancefags. Icons can be misleading. Though I do disagree and will say that people with Lance, Allura, and Matt icons are typically the worst

Keith's current path is in danger of turning into a generic prophesized Chosen One which isn't any better. Lance is shit right now but if Hunk and especially Pidge are around to tone it down he can be made legitimately entertaining.

Except there are just as many Keith fans that ship sheith. Plus a lot of Keithfags multiship

They're not going to kill him, they're going to have him turn evil. Do you have any idea how big a waste of his story it would be (with all the "you're our greatest weapon" talk and his coming to terms with that) to just fucking kill him?

Only Lotor can save this show.

This is still all speculation. Any of them COULD turn out good or bad

Fair point. Turning heel is also a valid option. Basically I just seriously doubt he's gonna stay the current course.

>but he never really makes mistakes

Which of course means he can never make mistakes and needs to straight up die.

Your reasoning is dumb senpai.

I really think the lance/hunk/pidge dynamic could be really fun if they developed it more. I would have loved to see more Garrison shenanigans.

>they haven't heard of vld-keith
>they've never browsed the Sheith tag

Yeah no, Keithfags are part of the Klancefag rainbow and are just as obnoxious. This is like arguing that dry shit is better than explosive diarrhea.

I would like the Lance/Hunk/Pidge dynamic if it wasn't just Lance being an obnoxious dick to them all the time.

It's more likely they'll knock him down a peg than kill him off. Him staying perfect but dying early would turn him into a Space Jesus martyr figure which really, really doesn't jibe with the PTSD subplot they've introduced for him and which they only started to kick off.

>Maybe but we had a bunch of people in general early on who thought he was a boring take on a boring archetype to begin with

When? I only heard about Voltron from everybody raving about "space dad".

Not Pidge. Pidge is more than capable of keeping him in line.

Vld-keith is cancer. But I don't see people ITT claiming all pidgefags are cancer because of the tumblrina trans nb otherkin pidgefags. Keithfags get an unfair reputation

Season 2 trailer seems to imply more Shiro abuse and a recent interview pretty much outright admitted Shiro is their own character at this point rather than a copy of his previous incarnations.

Pidgefags aren't part of, nor do they contribute to, the monstrous tumor known as Klance and its fandom. I'm sorry, but you're going to have to accept that your husbando and a large chunk of his fans come with that cancer. Saying "oh, icons don't represent their favs" is just reaching.

A smaller percentage of Keiths are shit than Lancefags but that doesn't change the fact that numerically speaking a lot of Keithfags are indeed shit.
Maybe it's because I've been lucky regarding crazy transkin Pidge shitters but they don't seem to go on the warpath nearly as hard as the Klance shippers do.

I wish she'd punch him in the face every time he opens his mouth, he might be a tolerable character then.

Pidgefags on Tumblr do cause a lot of the bullshit though, even if not the klance bullshit. Before the age pedo drama most of the drama was surrounded by Pidge.

Also yes, Keithfags do cause problems including some of the very worst. I'm just saying they're not the worst and are collectively not as horrible as people make them out to be. Putting them on the exact same level as lancefags is frankly...wrong

Looks really nice, but no way am I getting that at 300 dollars.

On the one hand I agree; even if chunks of it are obnoxious, there's simply not enough pidge-posters for it to reach critical mass. Klance is HUGE and just totally dominates the voltron tag which gets a little old. But also, the mindset where if you like a ship or character you're automatically responsible for every other person who likes that same thing has always been super weird to me.

>But also, the mindset where if you like a ship or character you're automatically responsible for every other person who likes that same thing has always been super weird to me.
Yeah. These threads seem to think that fans of a character are all some hivemind. Well, more than that actually are

>he never really makes mistakes
He started to at the end there though. He shot Sendak into space because he got triggered, lost Allura, then made the decision to risk everything to save her because he felt bad when it would have gotten them all killed and Voltron stolen if it wasn't for Thace. He lost his own end fight too and needed saving, and now they're separated and red lion is busted.

>I'm just saying they're not the worst

No one said they're THE worst, it's inarguable that Lance's fanbase is the absolute worst. I'm just saying Keithfags probably come behind them because a lot of the bullying and rampaging going on on tumblr is perpetuated by them as well and they are part of the Klance umbrella.

Maybe the staff has kept calling her a she hard enough that it's died down somewhat.

>there are people in denial that Zarkon was the Black Paladin

This, Shiro is probably going to continue on a downward spiral and it will be arousing to see.

I'm pretty sure this whole dumb argument started from and