youtube.com/watch?v=CpP4TUWUrVY
youtube.com/watch?v=G6lVwym8BKA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What we know so far :
Geralt - Idris Elba

youtube.com/watch?v=sxL8ywUpXQg

Thoughts?

imdb.com/list/ls069411772/

Why do you fags keep posting vidya Geralt when it's going to be based of the book version?

Terrible

That's Ted Danson Geralt.

youtube.com/watch?v=ERzXmhegD-w

We kill by the bamboo.. incaseyou are interested.

we wuz witchers and shiet

Netflix knows why The Witcher is popular right now, they're going to make it as much like the video game as Sapkowski will let them.

Rivia,

Geralt of Rivia.

The question is... Will they follow the books directly or will it be loosely based and merely lift characters and certain arcs from them?

Will Netflix be able to Poz the Problematic Pole?

Thoughts?

youtube.com/watch?v=CpP4TUWUrVY

>50+% of the cast is white
>2017

ahahahahahahahaha

Why not Charles Dance as Emhyr?
Hell he already voiced the character.

Daniel Day Lewis wouldn't act in this trash even if he wasn't retired.

Fuck off

Embarrassing.

What do you think?

youtube.com/watch?v=G6lVwym8BKA

This show better be mainly white with the only real exceptions I can think of are like succubi or something like that

Retired? I thought he was starring in the new Paul Thomas Anderson movie.

He announced his retirement earlier this year. That PTA flick is his final movie.

Nvm I didn't know it was going to be his last movie. Didn't even know there was a title and release date. Can't wait

These games blow huge dick, especially the last one.

You think Sapkowski remembered to take the royalties option this time?

Who will play Brewess?

Amy Schumer, the game already wrote all the slutty dialogue she uses, so why not

She would be a great Ciri.

hopefully not
netflix is absolute shit at making oc

Is this supposed to be Ted Danson?

Yeah, some people think he should be cast as Geralt.

>imdb.com/list/ls069411772/
Strong is good for Foltest, Gemma might work, scrap everything else.

It will be a black woman with a big affro.

That's the current funded character design they are forcing down everyones throat.

36th for best waifu

Eydriss elbow will be too expensive for Netflix

>only game characters
>only based on appearance

37th for best waifu

no one, doesn't exist in books

This image is the reason why Witcher will never be Kino

>Beckham
>Acting
Cast by abbility not by who looks like the one from the Vidya(even though it's based on the book) you idiots

They don't even try to hide that outside pressure groups fund this shit anymore.

This fucking witcher fags on suicide watch

>netflix will ruin the witcher
Well...

This triggers the Witcher

I see that the shitposting Elric faggot has finally discovered the thread on Sup Forums
I wonder how much will it take for the autistic gothic shitposter to find it too.

Elric Thread?

Geralt and Elric have literally LITERALLY nothing in common except for the hair color and the nickname. Now fuck off to shit on some anime with white haired protag.

not the shitposter but from what i've seen Elric was named the white wolf long before Geralt was you can read the novel if you like its pretty similar not the powers though or the scenery but its pretty much plagiarism

Oc name donut steal

Ted danson?

No. Go away.

is that you moorcuck?

did anyone remember this?

I have read both Moorcock and Sapkowski and the two are nothing alike.The only thing that connects them is the characters' hair color and one of their nicknames. Geralt isn't called 'whitewolf' by everyone ffs.
I love Moorcocks work including fucking song lyrics for Blue Oyster Cult, but Elric fags are literally the worst. If there was any leverage he'd sue Sapkowski and CDPR into oblivion.

This i'm a chill dude Elric and Witcher are both good stuff i prefer Elric more due to all the lore behind it i don't post often on Sup Forums but when i see some cucks talking i shut them down as long as nobody is talking shit to each other i'm fine with it

Why not just make it animated and use the vidya cast then?

No seriously, why not? It would sell.

HOL UP

Watch it be entirely about 16 year old master assassin Ciri and Geralt's true love Triss of Zerrikania calling him a mansplaining misogynist for 48 minutes.

lets be honest, theyre going to make it as much like GoT as possible

CDPR is not a part of the equation and CGI is still supe rexpensive and time consuming.

I miss the golden age witcher threads.

Bigger people have been brought lower for less.

They're good but TW3 was a disappointment for me.

They're actually taken from a non-Witcher Sapkowski book.

Best fancast coming through

What does black Yen have to do with Thanedd?

No one likes you anymore Moorcock go away

I can deal with big nostrils and big lips but I fucking hate afros. I really fucking hate afros. They are ridiculous and ugly.

Already ruined before them tbqh. Remember to buy your gwent cards and waifu pillows

They both have a conjunction of the spheres too. But none of those are hugely creative ideas. It's an homage at most.

Anson mount fucking Kino my boy someone tell him on twitter about witcher man

I didn't say CGI.

>CDPR is not a part of the equation
Don't need to be. Just use the localization studio they used for the English version to record dialogue.

This. Get ready for Yass Queen Slay Calanthe and Literally TV Arya Ciri

Pretty good actually. Probably need to substitute Beckinsale for Eva Green though given it's Netflix.

The trans-dimensional stuff works much different as well.

If they stick to the books over half of these characters won't even be in the first season.

True. As litigation happy as Moorcock is I have to wonder why he didn't sue Games Workshop for lifting the Mark of Chaos wholesale. That was way more blatant.

>Kate as Yennifer

this could actually work.
we need to petition this.

Eva Green or Kate Beckinsale as Yennefer have been brought up almost as much as Mikkelson as Geralt. I guess Sup Forums is new to this conversation though.

>implying they won't race bend all the white males

>Emhyr the hobo with a baby mama is the Black Flame Dancing on the Graves of His Foes
checks out

Why do you post the comic version then?

It's even a shitty bootleg without Geralt's mustache.

He's already in Inhumans. Don't think it will be easy to get him from there

I came here to post this

any idea when the actual cast is gonna be announced?

Came here to ask this. Where did OP got his info?

>Cheers remake taking place in a slavic fantasy setting

I never even knew I wanted this.

I don't mind the characters but why the fuck does everyone have a 70's afro?

Why do people always cast prestigious actors in shitty video-game dramatizations?

This is embarrasing. What would Daniel Day Lewis and Ralphi Fiennes think? They would be offended!

>video-game dramatizations

>video-game dramatizations
>t. faggot who doesn't know the books came first
kys

Kate doesn't have the presence and I don't think she could pull of that icey demeanor that slowly melts away.

>isla fisher
>rose leslie

are you casting the gay parody or shemale parody?

She's in stuff besides Underworld you know. With the right script and director she can shine.

>and I don't think she could pull of that icey demeanor that slowly melts away.
Fuck they're going to ruin Yennefer aren't they? No way Netflix can pull off that character in the modern climate.

Calling it right now we either get a black yennefer or black triss.

Triss might not be in the show. She's a pretty minor character in the books.

>Buzzfeed: "5 reasons why Geralt's gender shouldn't matter!"

>David Beckham

>Fuck they're going to ruin Yennefer aren't they?

That is a granted thing. Her character is to unconventional and complex and requires exceptionally good acting to do it right, acting which Netflix can't afford. They will just turn her into an unlikeable bossy dominatrix that everyone hates, or a one-dimensional mary sue YAS QUEEN that need no man.