Why all the hate for her character? Because she has dragons?

Why all the hate for her character? Because she has dragons?

Well that's the fucking point. To show a kind girl who would otherwise have no power finally having the means to change the world, and how it turns out.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kJQP7kiw5Fk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because if it wasn't for all the characters around her who love and follow her for some mysterious reason, she'd be dead ten times over from her fuckups or the mad king 2.0 (which she is still becoming)

Her smug levels are too high for me to believe she would be some altruistic kind leader, Makes me think she's only nice now to gain favor and alliances. When she finally gets power will become the cunt she always secretly was.

Because she believes she should be Queen because it's her birthright which makes her the bad guy. Seriously, it's one of the main points of the books.

Also Emilia Clarke is a shit actress

terrible character
terrible actress

The only reason she has been angry now is because she's at war. Can someone give me examples of her personality when she wasn't at war?

No because she's a girl and also because her soldiers are brown.

Everyone hates her because she represents white privilege.
Just look at the news about Trump threatening to Drogon all over Korea.
POC are weak, why do think insane whites have ruled the world for so long?

Her character is too Mary Sue, and she fucks up FAR too often to be able to succeed. John Snow is similar, but he's not the one destroying their grain shipments and fighting men with dragons. Of course not that Dany's navy is basically useless She'll have to press her attack, and Dothraki aren't going to get over the walls of Kings Landing, and she knows this. She's fucked up hard and she deserves to die. Mary Sue characters aren't allowed to die though...

Littlefinger needs to win. The niggers pimp hand toooo stongk. #MAGICK #WEPA

youtube.com/watch?v=kJQP7kiw5Fk

how times change

Daenerys suffers from extremely wishful thinking. She hopes for the best, but doesn't plan for anything bad to happen, ever. She rolls through Essos with nothing to her name but dragons. In Qarth, people help her for no reason besides the fact she has dragons. She doesn't even know how to speak to them or train them or anything. People lay down the red carpet for her without knowing why she's important or if they'll ever see a benefit.

Fast forward to her getting the Unsullied. She buys the Unsullied army, but immediately turns them against their masters. Has this never happened before? Has no one ever bought a legion of Unsullied and then immediately dashed on the bill like Dany did?

And then when she decides to free these slave cities, she frees a place and it immediately gets taken over by some brigand or cut-throat (see: Cleon the Butcher). She doesn't understand that the people of Essos only acknowledge the rule of law through power. And then she has the stones to say that she's going to free all the slaves in seven years with absolutely zero assurance it's going to happen. She can't rule over Westeros and just scoot over to Essos whenever she wants to make sure they're enforcing her side of the agreement.

She hopes for the best and other people make great decisions for her. No one around her is a supporter of her wishful thinking. She's surrounded by more realistic, down-to-earth people who have actually seen the lands she wants to conquer.

She doesn't even know why she wants to conquer Westeros. Essos is rich as fuck, and she could rule with an iron fist, make a new Targaryen dynasty. Instead, no, she gets led back to Westeros, a land where people switch sides in wars as soon as one army grows to a greater size than another. Allegiances change hands monthly.

The mad Dany meme is just another feint in her storyline. Each season there's always some issue where they make it look like some big bad change is coming, then it reverses course triumphantly every time. It's just a way to make her not look like the obvious winner age is.

The problem is when gorm first plotted the books and wrote her story, it was meant to be a trilogy and he got like half her story out before he realized he didn't have enough graphic descriptions of food written, so he had to constantly stall her arc for the other 52000 grey joys and sand snakes to catch up.

Plus without the 10 year gap it looks even less plausible.

She's a mary sue, and they're kinda tiresome.

Why are Dany's eyebrows dark brown, when her hair is platinum blonde?

And the whole her being able to walk through fire thing making her a :"goddess" and all in the eyes of the Dothraki. It was cool the first time, but in the Dothraki capital city when all the Khal were getting pissed at her and she started tipping over the braziers, why didn't one of them just get up and smack the shit out of her. It was impressive, ut with the imminent danger, I'm sure at least one of them would've been like wtf someone stop her.

Sure she's fire-immune. But not 200-pound-horse-rider-man-immune

she is a yaas queen and therefore intrinsically annoying

because she's qt in a series full of uggos

She would look like a Matt Smith esque freak

Mort women with super light hair have dark eyebrows anyway.

>yaas queen

Why do you keep saying this? Why do you alt-right SJWs absorb new, obnoxious buzzwords into your vocabularies so easily?

>smug with all her fucking titles
>think she deserves Westoros because of daddy and her dragons
>she was good at first with freeing the slaves BUT
>she's only good at conquering
>she fails at ruling slavers bay (only 3 cities)
>start showing signs of going crazy like her father
>doesn't know how to handle a few riots
>leaves slavers bay after learning nothing
>yet thinks she can rule over 7 kingdoms
>she only has allies due to these allies having the same enemies
>brings over the entire horde of raping and pillaging Dothraki
>doesn't listen to her advisers (Tyrion is dead to me)
>is so smug that she doesn't let Jon be king of the north
>Looses her fleet instantly. she could of used her dragons to protect them
>Uses her dragon on a weak, small Lannister army instead
>burns all the food being delivered to Kings Landing
>she goes into battle without any armour. pleb

It was cool seeing seeing the battle but Dany is turning into the villain in my eyes. She started off good and innocent but has turned into a snobby brat who wants everything but doesnt think it through.

Jamie has always been a good guy who has done a few shitty things. He charged at a fire breathing just so he could end the war sooner. Jamie is our guy

Honestly, I think I'm just getting tired of her.

I think the main reason for that is that her plot-armor is too thick. She's literally undentable at this point and in a universe where everyone can potentially die, it takes the tension right out of her every scene.

I feel that every time she's on the screen it's going to be either:
>A: Her making al the "good" (liberal) decisions
>B: Her talking making all the "good" (liberal) points
>C: Her fighting a fight where she's clearly overpowered through superior armies or means and therefor cannot be beat

It's been so long since this character has met any real resistance, it's almost pitiful.

I think the last time was right after Khal Drogo died. That was the last time I can remember her facing any genuine resistance.

You can't write a character this way and expect people to care.

>Emilia Clarke gives you this look
What do you do, Sup Forums?

rape

In.

It's because she's a fat, dark brown Bong horribly miscast as the most beautiful blonde woman in a fantasy world.

She hasn't shown any signs of going crazy at all

bend the knee

Actually no, it's just very common for people with blonde hair to have brown eyebrows

twirl her curly cue sideburns

In season 5 episode 5

>Harpy attack and kill Barristan Selmy
>Dany rounds up all of the family leaders of Meereen.
>Takes them to her dragons
>lets her dragons eat one of the leaders
>says some bullshit about dragons knowing who is innocent
>effectively made another enemy
>dead leader wasn't given a trial nor did she have any evidence for his involvement for the attack

right so setting some innocent person on fire & feeding them to her dragons isn't crazy?

>saying yaas queen is alt right

Retard Alert.

Simpe.

She's the Dabid's pet character, perpetually on the moral highground (even when she's logically not, the plot will be written as if she was) and an invincible hero. In the book she's incompetent and somewhat eviler, so she's more tolerable there.

She's basically portrayed in the books as a propped up puppet by her advisers and magical flamethrowers with the people around her doing all the work (similar events for shown Dany, but she takes credit for them in the show). The show creators know she's a normie fan favorite and have always written her so all her drama easily resolved without her looking too bad and they exclude all the times she's fucked up and made things worse in Essos. or generally acted like a dumb bitch (basically her intended flaws). And that's not including how effortlessly she wins all her primary conflicts

Now her and Jon snow are the designated protagonist heroes in a series that was prized on featuring morally ambiguous (or at least portraying the few good people as stupid) in a politically cutthroat situation.

Then there is the actress.

TL;DR Shitty Mary Sue character who endlessly wins because of massive unfair number/magic advantages, the fact she gets soldiers as fast as she loses them and is always in the right (even when she's not) in a what is supposed to be a gritty, vicious, morally ambiguous cutthroat political/strategic, semi-magical war game.

Having powerful evil characters is tense, having powerful good characters is boring.

because she's an arrogant bitch, that relies on her three ugly wyverns and mongol rapers that for some reason follow her.. Because of her smugness she thinks the world belongs to her and hence she can do whatever she pleases. Also she is a terrible character with a terrible plot armor.

return the look until she can't keep it and has to either look away or kiss me

Don't forget she is immune to falling debris as well.

She's extremely entitled pretty much all the time.

>who love and follow her for some mysterious reason
1. Because she hatched fucking dragons

2. Because she's kind and strong minded

>she'd be dead ten times over from her fuckups
That's also the fucking point. She's a girl with little experience in wars, diplomacy and governing. Just like her dragons, the advisors serve as a means to allow her to be a player in the game.

If she had none of these it wouldn't make any sense and you would be bitching about it.

The Daenerys and Westeros arcs were so different.

It's honestly painful watching her interact with all the Westeros characters. They all change their behavior to revolve around her and it's so alien. It's like they literally stopped playing Game of ThronesXTM to start playing checkers with Dany with all her pieces being kinged.

>Her character is too Mary Sue
>she fucks up FAR too often
pick one

>start showing signs of going crazy like her father

Bullshit.

Plus, she kills their chiefs, but none of hte Dothraki seem to care, they're just like: "Okay, guess we follow this woman now"... Are these really the loyal fighters you want? And not a SINGLE one thought to take control for themselves? Get the fuck out

read this and prove me wrong

put the last donut back in the box and mumble an apology

>that pic

That's only because overwhelming numbers of brown or dirty blonde-haired women dye their hair a lighter blonde. Look at Charlize's roots ffs.

If you ever meet a natural platinum blonde, their eyebrows will match their hair.

>thinks she still deserves the throne despite never setting foot in westeros before trying to conquer it
>born of incest
>kinslayer
>constantly gets lucky (dragons)
>"saves" a place from slavery then leaves it in fucking shambles and in a power vaccum
>doesn't understand anything about the politics of Westeros yet deems it okay for her to rule
>puts pillows on a purposefully painful throne in meereen (the purpose flies past her head)
>shitty actress
>all her fucking titles
>Stockholm syndrome
>smug
>mentions that she wants to kill the people that kicked her and her family out of the country, despite not understanding that her family was fucking insane and killing innocents
>her fans ignore all of this

Gee, I dont know.

Sure. When any other character uses collective punishment you call them ruthless and decisive, but when she feeds a single asshole noble to her dragon, she's unhinged and evil.

When she does nothing you call her soft. When she tries to limit the casualties by only going after a limited number of people who were for the most part doing worst things than her, she's cruel and stupid.

She simply can't win here. Because she's a woman and liked by the general public.

>thinks she still deserves the throne despite never setting foot in westeros before trying to conquer it

Because she wants to free the peasants in Westeros. And initially she just wanted a place for herself and the people who helped her, which meant getting her own kingdom because she would never be left alone otherwise.

The peasants don't need freedom, they already had it. War is what makes their lives shit, and her stomping in with a bunch of horse fuckers and monsters doesn't help one bit.

>that relies on her three ugly wyverns and mongol rapers that for some reason follow her
yeah instead she should throw sticks and stones at her enemies.

>Because of her smugness she thinks the world belongs to her
She doesn't. She just wants to stop the nobles around the world from exploiting the common people.

>she is a terrible character with a terrible plot armor.
Give actual examples of plot armor that don't involve her using her assets or just benefiting from a margin that allows for a few defeats.

>in a series that was prized on featuring morally ambiguous (or at least portraying the few good people as stupid) in a politically cutthroat situation.
It's been like that for a long time. Now they're doing something different by allowing the good guys to win.

>She just wants to stop the nobles around the world from exploiting the common people.

yet she tries to exploit Jon Snow along with the entire North by demanding the pledge allegiance to her under the pain of destruction

Typical hypocrite bitch

>why all the hate

She doesn't do anything. She's never done anything noteworthy in the entire show. Cercei and Jon have been through a lot. Every major character except her have been through a lot. Dany has never done shit but brag about her dragons and kill nameless dothraki guys and lame masters or whatever. She's the leader but she doesn't make plans or come up with any strategy. Her dragons are a cheap get out of jail free card and she uses it so often it's become tired. She demands respect from everyone but has done literally nothing to earn it. They gave her dragon eggs and that's about it.

>"Are you calling me a child?"

Because somehow the writers and general audience sees her as a protagonist even though she is completely written as an invading villain with weapons of mass destruction.

lol fuck off about making this about gender or whether she is liked by the public or not. thats a piss poor argument when it has nothing to do about what i said. dany could be a dude and id still call out out on its bullshit.

she should learn how to rule first. Jon snow hanged a child yet nobody is against him because the child was guilty and jon gave him plenty of chances. Dany on the other hand is reckless, she thinks she can do anything because of her dragons.

every other player knows how to play the game of thrones except dany. she was my favourite character when i first watched the show. i loved how some young girl with nothing became queen yet she doesnt seem to learn from her mistakes and instead has just become so full of herself.

also i like jamie cos he wet from bad to good. dany is going the opposite way

this guy knows what he's talking about

>Why all the hate for her character?
Bitter virgins.

Last season's finale ended with her burning all the Dothraki leadership because she felt like it. Earlier in the episode, the only flashbacks of the Mad King we've seen showed up; he was yelling about burning people. This season premiered with her threatening to kill Varys for no reason. We've had one character go over her history and make her sound evil (Cersei) and another say to her face that her justification for wanting to rule are bullshit (Jon). She introduces herself with dozens of titles like a crazy despot and keeps getting into pissing matches about absolute authority with everyone.The battle at Blackwater rush was shot from the Lannister point of view, with her not doing anythign except leading a barbarian horde and burning people to death (while one of her advisors looks horrified).

imo in the original plan, when we came back to her storyline she'd be an awful bitch of a queen and we would come to find out why she became that way and see how she improves. GRRM had to find a natural way to push her story in that way, so we got what we got

Mary Sue has now lost all meaning because of idiots like you.

>with weapons of mass destruction.

how is instantaneously getting burned into a cinder is any worse than getting flayed alive or whatever other fucked up shit they do in Westeros. Frankly I'd rather take a full hit from a dragon than get my limb chopped off in a battle field and bleed to death or getting crushed to death by other soldiers like in the Battle of the Bastards

>I dont want to kill anyone
>So bend the knee or die

Both are dyed, and the dark brown roots are a purposeful style.

The point is that most women in Hollywood pair light hair with darker eyebrows coz otherwise they'd look like no eyebrows freaks.

>lel is cos she a women. femisnism for powerr!!1!!

come up with some counter arguments on how her invading army and dragons are so friendly to the peasants of westoros

>completely missing the point

She deposes the old stable regime in the name of the people's revolution.
Then she builds up an army and invades the neighbouring land because she has a heavenly birthright to it.
And she has ICBDs.

She's basically Kim Jong Un.

What is wrong with your faaaaaaace?!

are you a retard? These are same Dothraki that believe in horse god shit or something. Of course they are dumb as fuck.

"Mass" is the key word there. A guy with a sword can kill one person at a time. Dany can burn dozens of people to death at once. And the idea of doing that is solution to everything. Any time she encounters any kind of problem, the answer is always "I have dragons," or to threaten violence some other way. Which is pretty fucked up when you actually think about the implications of it; she has the equivalent of nuclear weapons in that world, and she keeps looking for opportunities to unleash them.

i don't hate her. i hate the author and writers because they killed jojen, rickon and tommen. I HATE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

you're fucking dumb. Everybody is invading everybody in Westeros. How is her invasion any worse than Greyjoys sacking Winterfell or Lannisters sacking High Garden or the Frey's sacking Riverlands etc etc?

lol whats that kingdom she has already? hmm the one with all the freed slaves? hmmm the one she failed to rule completely? can't place the name can you?

>literally not one good argument from dany fans in this thread

Jaime has even worst plot armor than Kelly C.

>builds up an army

Yea. She killed one dude and took his stick and she got the entire dickless unsullied army. She knocked over some torches and killed a few dothraki guys and for some reason those dudes all said "hey let's follow her" and because the Greyjoys needed help they volunteered to join her. Besides the fact that she's a shit leader and most of her army is wiped out only an episode or 2 after actually reaching Westeros, she barely had to do a damn thing to build up her army.

>yet she tries to exploit Jon Snow
Because she doesn't know him fully. Also because she's still fairly insecure and wants to stay firm and not being pushed around by the lords she deals with.

Yeah, to conquer Westeros she'll need to force all the lords to submit to her rule. She'll need to play the role of queen traditionally to achieve this. This is something that was entirely part of her character development and how she slowly came to understand that she needed to act like a monarch before breaking the system.

Dragons are more akin to air force than they are to nuclear weapons. Dragons hit small targets, and they don't leave radioactive waste.

he does have bad plot armour but at least the guy loses a hand, loses his only ability which was fighting. dany has plot armour and the worst thats ever happened to her is she lost her child & husband. that shit was season 1

This. Slavery doesn't exist in Westeros (even if it did, she's fucked up freeing slaves in the past pretty thoroughly, so there's no reason to expect her to do better now), so people don't need to be freed. The common people are fine and give literally no shits about the political situation as long as they can live comfortably. Throwing the country into another civil war for no reason other than feelings of entitlement and threatening to burn people to death (let alone burning crops, which we've seen her do) doesn't help anyone. Literally all she's doing is making a bad situation worse.

they leave magical fallout tho
it's why the targs became tards, too much exposure to magic and incest burnt their genes to a crisp

holy shit I also forgot that she had highgarden AND dorne join her out of convenience (not that she even met with them or asked Varys to meet with them) and she still got btfo and is demanding respect

>She buys the Unsullied army, but immediately turns them against their masters. Has this never happened before?
she uses a dragon to buy them out

>she should learn how to rule first.
She fucking tried. That was the whole point of Mereen. But her situation wasn't sustainable and she needed to invade the 7 kingdoms while the time was ripe

>Dany on the other hand is reckless
If she was she would have burned KL.

>yet she doesnt seem to learn from her mistakes
She does and she's doing things differently now than when she started.
Something that was stated plainly.

is rickon alive in the books?
is tommen?

that's pretty much how mary sue works you fucking idiot

WE as readers see all the shit she does, but the characters inside the story are fucking blind and still worship her sorry ass. it's bad writing and she's a bad character, the end.

>also i like jamie cos he wet from bad to good.
He's still a selfish asshole for the most part. As long as he serves Cersei because he can't get over her and makes the kingdom suffer because of it.
Killing Olenna by poison is one of the biggest act of 'kidness' he's ever done.

>oh hello there person I don't really know that well
>YOU BETTER FUCKING BEND THE KNEE OR I'M GONNA RAIN FIRE AND BRIMSTONE ON YOU AND YOUR ILK YOU TREACHEROUS FILTH

Jon didn't show to "push her around". He came in saying they need to work together or else the snow zombies will destroy the world.

I wouldn't even say she's insecure. She's just drunk on her own farts at this point and think the world owes her because she's got "muh dragons"

I'm always down for bashing the writing but it's easy to see why they joined Dany. It wasn't because they believed in her so much as they wanted to dispose of the lannisters. Dorne lost family and highgarden lost family both due to lannisters.

she's a Dany Sue

>Whole point of ASOIAF is how war is fucking horrifying and nobody wins
>D&D turn this into a girl with 3 superweapons using them to slaughter thousands for her own ambition
>Has learnt nothing from her time ruling Slaver's Bay making it ultimately pointless
>She shows no emotional impact on what she is doing
>This is somehow meant to be empowering of women. Despite the exact same thing being disdained in men.

She's become a shitty cartoon character. It's the same reason people dislike Arya.

Mary Sue is a character that does things perfectly and bests everyone.

Daenerys fucks up regularly, isn't always competent and relies on the advice given to her. And gets lectured regularly.

Well he also rescued Tyrion... and Brianne.

she hasnt earned her possition as the number one to win, shes had everything handed to her show no competence in ruling every one bends the knee for what ever reason just becuase she has dragons which was gifted to her, the army of unics just handed over to her cuz muh breaker of chains lol, and muh million dothraki cuz i burn you leader with my magic fire power shit,

>He came in saying they need to work together or else the snow zombies will destroy the world.
Which was a crazy claim that she didn't believe.

>Jon didn't show to "push her around".
He wants her to give him men, money and weapons. She doesn't know him well and doesn't grasp the threat posed by white walker because she hasn't seen them or even heard about them before.

So yes, she's still unsure about treating with him differently than what she planned with the other lords.

No I know that's why they joined her but I'm saying she had nothing to do with forging that alliance. She didn't meet with them and she didn't have the brilliant idea to send Varys to meet with them either. I know she wasn't in Westeros but I'm sure she should have known that the Lannisters had so many enemies. It just shows that she's a poor leader when not only is she not responsible for making the alliances that she has, she loses all of them almost as soon as she got them.

>she should learn to rule
if she can't manage 3 cities with an army of unsullied, second sons and 3 dragons how will she manage 7 kingdoms?

>Dany on the other hand is reckless
she would of burnt kings landing if it wasnt for tyrion.

>yet she doesnt seem to learn from her mistakes
just because she says she'll do it differently doesnt mean she will. give me any example where she learnt from her mistake

>every other character goes to war and commits atrocies
>Stannis planned to loot KL
>What a badass

>Daenerys wants to limit civilian casualties
>Only goes after soldiers who rape and pillage for a living
>What a monster

Highgarden and Dorne because Varys did all the legwork and made that alliance and the Greyjoys just landed on her doorstep and said "let's be friends"

I don't understand. It happened off screen? And yeah the lannisters were smarter. I'm not saying she isn't a bad leader but I'm confused about what you're attacking rn