Why does Sup Forums dislike when Arya does it but when Oberyn does it's fine?

Why does Sup Forums dislike when Arya does it but when Oberyn does it's fine?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/epxdxcy6dYs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

HE GETS SMASHED

Ancient Gay Spaniard Kung Fu Secret

He dies like a bitch, whereas Arya will never ever ever lose another fight in the show, unless maybe to a white walker.

Sup Forums is mostly fine with the Arya sparring match. It's only a few very vocal autists who constantly get mad about it.

>Guy who spent a life time training and practicing his martial art
>Girl is trained for a month as a little girl

Gee
I can't tell them apart either

The size ratio is smaller between Mountain and Oberon. Arya is a little girl.

speak for yourself, faggot. It was probably the worst scene of the season so far

>lots of corny 'heh' quips from arya
>tiny rapier blocking overhand swings of an ogre of a woman
>shitty jumpcuts constantly

fuck that scene

oberyn is using a huge spear and the mountain even breaks the fucking thing like a twig at one point

no

He was a trained fighter and fought with a spear knowing full well getting close wasn't a good idea

Fuck off retard that shit was awful

like a little duck egg

Well mate, while Oberyn's use of flashy shit can be equated to Arya's fight scene, the truth is that using a spear against an opponent armed with a sword is an excellent choice.

I mean, you never played Fire Emblem?

hmmm maybe because Oberyn trained all of his life and Arya learned all that jumpy nonsence in a year? Maybe because Oberyn was a legendary fucking fighter of Dorne!?

Also Oberyn's spear was coated in extremely painful contact poison that ensured The Mountain was a dead man the moment he got scratched. Probably hard to focus on breaking a guard when you're feeling that shit burn its way up your leg.

Does "it"? What is "it" user, use your words you piece of shit.

it feels like kicking the brienne character when she's already down and hasn't done anything for seasons now.

Season 4 is actually the best season

I liked the part where the CGI'd her face on a stunt double when she got up after being knocked down by Brienne. That fat slag couldn't jump up that fast even if someone waved a paki dick in front of her

>Oberyn has enough humanity to save the son of the man who killed his sister
>Ellaria was a full-on crazed bitch who took her vengeance out on innocent children and virtually destroyed the Martells when they stood in her way
but I thought the show was all about muh grrl pwwr slay queens now??

post the webm

Oberyn was the last likeable character. That helped a lot. He had a noble cause, he was the good guy, he was charasmatic, and he was a trained, adult fighter.

He's the only character I've actually liked since Robb Stark.

Why would you like Robb?

>He had a noble cause, he was the good guy, he was charasmatic, and he was a trained, adult fighter.

and knew how to take a dick!

The man was a legend, through and through

Don't forget Pascal could actually act and as such gave a likeability to the character that we hadn't seen in a while.

His whole shtick was that he was very intelligent and cunning, not to mention an almost peerless warrior, but his weakness was his passion and pride that blinded the other grounded qualities he had and which ultimately led to his death.

Really great character.

>Season 4 was actually the last good season
FTFY

oberyn is a world class fighter, arya is a 12yo girl

He's the cool big brother in the first episode

Mah niggah

>mfw the Fire Emblem series does medieval political intrigue better than Game of Jews and doesn't have to pander by using sex and over the top violence

He was the only competent Stark child, he was (and still is) the only leader and only half way decent actor out of the lot. He was more his father's son than any of the others.

He was being a dick to Theon for absolutely no reason when Theon was trying to help Robb rescue his brother by saying "This is not your House"

Robb's good leadership extended to battlefield and battlefield only. But then he lost the war TWICE by first marrying Chaplin's granddaughter and then executing Karstark.

>this is what redditors actually believe

Meanwhile people who teach sword fighting for a living think it's one of the best fights of the series apart from Arya trying to cut with a blade made for stabbing.

yes 90lbs girl parring brienne's sword with a toothpick is realistic...

First, because female "fighters" are a fucking joke. Second, because men have twice the speed and strength of women, let alone girls, like Arya, and even a smaller dude like Spanfag could knock out the "mountain" if he connects.

Pic related: guess who wins, and it's not the fat negro.

youtu.be/epxdxcy6dYs

Is that what you tell yourself at night?

Because girls are stupid and dumb and I'm so lonely no one will ever love me

>people who teach
then they are shit teachers
you don't block a broadsword with a fleuret, simple as that

Could 2-hand Jaime have killed the Mountain?

Arya gets disarmed for attempting

Because Oberyn had to cheat using poison to weaken the Mountain and he got BTFO in the end anyway.

>These triggered Sup Forumsedditors
Fucking lmao, whiteknighting for hoes on Sup Forums. You'll never get laid you permavirgin leftist weak pussies LOL

It's just retarded that a teeny girl with a teeny sword can just deflect heavy blows from a big strong woman with a big sword like it's nothing.

If Wolverine were ducking/weaving and doing water dance shit using agility to her advantage, it would be one thing, but it's like she's somehow overpowering Brianne's attacks.

She's just deflecting the force. There's no resistance on the blade perpendicular to the direction of the swing.

>rapier

It's a florete

>competent
>completely fucks over the realm because he had to get his carrot wet

get a load of this retard

Arya is basically god now.
>she wants all her enemies dead, she just snaps fingers and they all die LOL
>she wants to show her subjects she really knows magic she just flips 4kg of steel wielded with 2 hands by a 2m shemale with a 300g stick out of the way

>snaps her fingers

She can change faces, which is extremely useful. Doesn't make her god. Just imagine the things you could do if you could wear any face.

It was a really shitty thing to do, especially after they had built Brianne up as the best fighter of the kingdom, beat loras beat the hound, lose to a girl that does memey back turns and such.
Also Im not sure who but someone has an obsession with flashy quick guys always winning v brute strength it feels really childlike

But surely there must be a downside of doing the change facey thing because otherwise what's stopping everyone joining the faceless then just leaving

Because Oberyn is a legendary fighter with decades of experience and an adult man instead of a little girl who had a month's worth of baby lessons in fencing and went to an assassin school for a while.

By the way, stop making endless got threads because your bait didn't get enough upvotes in the containment thread.

They kill you

>best swordsman in essos
>supernatural assassin school
>stark blood

face it, the butthurt comes from fragile white males who couldn't stand women and minorities can have agency and competence over them

how the fuck can she mimic voice though? She's not T1000

There is a scene I never see referenced in these threads, which is strange because the characters directly discuss speed vs strength.

>Dany and Daario watch a tournament fight, big guy vs manlet
>Daario says "the quick guy always wins"
>Fast speedster looks like he's winning
>Next cut he just stands fucking still while Team Strength decapitates him
>lol they dont always win!!!

That scene is a good representation of D&D's view on fighting tactics. It's so video gamey it hurts. Superior strength doesn't mean you have to hit someone once and kill them really hard, nor does an agile fighter have to make fifty quick cuts before the HP bar is empty. They could have used this scene to show how strength enables you to pound your enemy into the ground with a flurry of hard blows, shattering their guard, or the relentless stamina and speed of a well-trained fighter. Instead it's big slow guy and small quick guy video game logic over and over again in scene after squandered fight scene.

Arya = getting her ass kicked for 2 seasons by the Waif makes her a great sword master

Sansa = getting her ass raped by some Psycho for 2 seasons makes her a great leader

he'd win without it either way

>mountain has his arm already fully extended, can't apply more force without moving forward
>wounded
>is holding the weapon in one hand

>Oberyn can easily apply more force by simply extending his arms
>has firmy planted his legs, allowing him to push harder and be pushed without losing his balance
>is holding his weapon with two hands

>Sneak into The Twins
>Murder two Freys
>Carve enough of their meat off to make some pies
>Take said meat to the kitchan and prepare pies made from it

The first three parts are pretty straightforward, especially if you can change faces and are small and unobtrusive. It's the fourth part where things fall apart. Any kitchen is run by cooks, and you can't just randomly show up with meat and start making pies for the Lord's table, a task that in any kitchen would be in the hands of professionals. Making pastry is enough of a problem in the first place, and then there's the issues of the meat. The cooks are going to be asking what the meat is, where it came from, how fresh it is, and so on. They're not going to let some random kitchen maid do this, which is all Arya's going to be able to be unless she butchers some innocent who works in the Frey's kitchen.

Basically, even if you can change faces, there's a heap of other factors that show up. Her poisoning all the Frey's is another. Where's she get this poison from anyway, and a shitload of it to boot. Why does no-one notice her dragging Walder's body away to have its face carved off? She doesn't have a temple undercroft to do all that like the Faceless Men do. You can handwave some of this stuff, but it does start to stack up, and when it does, the character stops being reasonable. The ridiculous sword-fight was just the icing on the cake. Compare it to Arya vs the Hound and see why people are upset.

She killed the fuck out of a bunch of innocent kitchen boys and probably one or two cooks, yeah.

this is the Sup Forums extremist that hates women scenes so much he rates it below Sam / Gilly literally cleaning shit scenes.

Two handed Jaime couldn't even beat Brienne...granted he was hungry and in shambles.

he was handcuffed

After 10 times, sure.

magic n shit

Brienne is either a monster who can take out the hound or she's a lightweight who can be defeated by Quasimodo.

One or the other

...Oberyn didn't do it. That's the entire point.

>a man who has trained his whole life vs a man who's been smashing people to bits his whole life
>a woman who has been training her whole life vs a girl who trained proper swordfighting for a month

It's pretty much the same thing.

>t. give me yous

>wear a chad face
>still have the skinnyfat body
just kill me

D&D contradict themselves all the time.

>Meryn Trant beat Syrio because Trant had armor and a big fucking sword
>20 minutes later
>Shirtless Ramsey with two knives fights off a bunch of Ironborn with armor and longswords

I find it interesting that you use a picture of Fates for that post when the big criticism people have of the 3DS Fire Emblems is that they lessen the political intrigue in favor of... well, waifus. I don't know, I think they're full of shit, I started Awakening a while back and I'm enjoying the story just fine. The music is a lot more memorable than the old ones too.

There's waifus to be sure, but at its core it's still a JRPG in a fantasy Western setting with simple yet elegant core gameplay.

who'd win though?

depends on the angles

>drop sword and just use your body to try and grab her
>ignore all cuts

This story makes no sense. How is The Mountain not the head of a whole house? What would have stopped him and the hound running into say Frey's house and killing all of them and taking that house for himself?

Why was he just a bodyguard?

One guy with a crossbow could end his life even if he was wearing all his armor

Arya is a strong, independent woman, Sup Forums aka /pol2.0/ hates women and especially the strong independent ones.

>>lots of corny 'heh' quips from arya
she literally didn't say a word during the sparring match

A grown man parrying with a spear doesn't break my suspension of disbelief where as a little girl parrying with a tiny rapier does.

[citation needed]

>What would have stopped him and the hound running into say Frey's house and killing all of them and taking that house for himself?
the point of being the head of the house is having some fucking people to rule over, who would not desert a tyrannical sadist with negative IQ

>dragons
>multiple people brought back from the dead
>dark magic

but you draw the line on the combat realism?

Yes. Just because you add fantastical elements doesn't mean all rules go out the window. Unless they established that she got super strength she's still just a little girl with a tiny rapier.

They establish that she was trained both by a master sword fighter and the faceless men of Braavos.

>"we don't hurt little girls in Dorne"-Oberyn
>"let's honor Oberyn by killing a little girl"-Ellario

BRAVO DABID

>Oberyn
he cheated using poison

that's not fine

Oh and that's why she blocks the overhead swing with a longsword from a very strong person with her tiny smallsword, thanks I see now.

So they should have choreographed it in a way that shows that. Rather than Brienne mindlessly swings her sword and stops it before it really connects with Arya's sword. then Arya spins it around and points it a bit at Brienne who's 6 foot something in full plate armour, ohhhh wow you got her. Arya should have dodged every single sword swing because it can't not look retarded having her stop Brienne's swords with that fucking needle.

She can literally change shape, face and size. I'd say that isn't that far out there. Unless of course you have a bad cause of autism.

We still have no idea what Needle is capable of after we saw it had shock absorbing tech built in to withstand Brienne the brutes 2 handed swings bounce of Arya's sword/spike and not even stagger Arya or make her mis-step,Needle probably has some fire enchant to destroy whitewalkers.
the only thing that somehow worked was the big boot to the chest and send her flying? Arya is going to die in a really dumb way.

Because Oberyn trained his whole life.
Arya was cleaning corpses for 2 seasons

It was badly choreographed anyway it didn't look like she was some master swords woman it just looked like Brienne turned into a retard. She should have dodged like 5 quick blows and then put the dagger to her neck to end it and then walked away.

executing karstark was the right thing to do

and say "nothing persenel kid"?

hehe I like this lil lamb
he got TUDE

That's literally what they were going for they might as well do it good.

This irks me as well. Slaughter machines should get fed up of being henchmen and just seize the power for themselves, securing their place in nobility through brute force. Bobby B was a good example of this, The Mountain and Hound should've done the same.