Just marathoned the MCU. Why do the Thor movies get so much hate?

Just marathoned the MCU. Why do the Thor movies get so much hate?

They're on par with most of the movies. They aren't as outstandingly bad as AoU or Incredible Hulk. They don't have massive plotholes like Iron Man 2 or 3. In fact Loki is practically the sole villain in any of the movies with depth.

So whats the problem? The romance? You guys seriously can't be that autistic but love Peggy and Cap despite them kissing just once.

Other urls found in this thread:

celebritybottoms.com/multiple/t-multi/ass-t-movie-multi-TessaThompson-Copper-s2e2-hd1080.jpg>>86210292
celebritybottoms.com/multiple/t-multi/ass-t-movie-multi-TessaThompson-Copper-s2e2-hd1080.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The thing that doesn't work about the Thor movies is that Thor doesn't work as a joke.
All the mythology and history of Thor is pushed aside for visual gags. Mjolnir has no weight or importance, it doesn't feel like the most powerful weapon in the MCU so far- in fact some random asshole can block hits from it in Thor 2.
There isn't anything about Thor in the Thor movies. He's just some alien.
And now Ragnorok is going to be wasted on Thor 3 with no buildup and most likely no Jorgamundr.

>but love Peggy and Cap despite them kissing just once.
I actually can't stand Peggy because as a high ranking military leader you do not fucking open fire in a room of fucking soldiers and scientists at the two most important and expensive one of a kind experiments you've ever had just because you're jelly he macked on someone other than you before you've given any inclination of actually having a relationship.

>on par
Lol no they're fucking not.
1 wasn't bad but 2 was so fucking boring and forgettable.

I'm pretty sure the plot was something about Loki because tumblr.

>They aren't as outstandingly bad as AoU or Incredible Hulk.
So where did the meme of Hulk being a bad movie come from? As for Thor, I can't speak for Thor 2, but Thor 1 was one of the worst movies I've ever seen, and took me right out of their little universe since.

>Incredible Hulk.
Was a decent movie, and Norton was infinitely better than Ruffalo. It's better than MCU thor in any case, but I mean then again, so is cancer.

Nothing in TIH is bad let alone as bad as the comedy in both Thors or as flat as Malekith. (I say that as someone who likes both Thor films also)

And AOU is great aside from too much humor & Ultron not being quite menacing enough.

>Random Asshole.
No Kruse really is a big fucking deal on the comics.

Thor movies are secretly chic flicks.

What plot holes, what the fuck are you talking about?

Really? I would say 2 was better than 1.

What about iron man and how thors little "magic" lightning did absolute fuck all but send himself through a tree? Or how he was shitting himself from the idea of getting dropped from someplace really high? Or the fact that he nearly got taken out by a pocket knife?

>Loki: A BLU BLU BLU I'M NOT A REAL ASGARDIAN. I'M SO MISUNDERSTOOD.
>Jane Foster: I'm a horribly boring character even when the entire movie is about me.

>but 2 was so fucking boring and forgettable.
You just described Incredible Hulk, Iron man 2, First Avenger, Iron Man 3 and Age of Ultron.

So yeah, its on par.

>Norton was infinitely better than Ruffalo
Why do you think this?
Banner has never been the 'cool cocky guy' that Norton tried to play him off as. In fact the only time he was was in Ultimates, which is why the rumormill started pouring out that he was going to be the villain in the Avengers movie to mirror that. He may as well have been a green Jackie Chan 'not wanting no trouble' in that movie.

It was a decent movie, but Ruffalo definitely nails the minutia of the coyly unhinged Jekyll & Hydian temperament of Banner.

He's a neutered weak mess in this universe and he's played by a block of wood with no presence.
Norton did something and played an actual character. I have no idea where you get the "cool cocky" bullshit from. Ruffalo played nothing but a generic nervous scientist trope.

>>but 2 was so fucking boring and forgettable.
>You just described Incredible Hulk
Incredible Hulk was actually decent, so no.

the fuck, incredible hulk was better than both shitty thors

It's regular lightning and it didn't send Ironman through a tree.
Iron Man & the Hulk was able to push Thor around out of general physical impact but none of their blows was actually damaging him.
It's less to do about the fall and more about the cage crushing around him upon impact.
The Knife was asgardian metal.

>marathoned the MCU
Why?

TIH is a pretty good movie, so I dont know why it gets so much shit.

The thor movies aren't terrible, but they're just NOT GOOD
and thats the problem.

>he's played by a block of wood with no presence.
to be fair they give him practically nothing to work with.

Ah. I see your problem. You have no experience with women. Wotta surprise.

>and it didn't send Ironman through a tree.
No, it sent thor through a tree. Not to mention he was going crazy and trying to kill everyone, while everyone else just danced around him barely taking him seriously.

Thor should be a massive epic fantasy film. Instead we spent time in a barren wasteland planet.

That user is a very specific dislike. Especially considering all the shit IM gets away with concerning the DoD.

What are you talking about.
His Lightning bolt hit Iron man powered him up and that's it.
The only time Thor went through a tree was when Iron man kicked him through one

so what Thor 2 was before they demanded it be recut?

Had Valkyrie and 9 realms.

Salty as fuck that Valkyrie is dark chocolate meaning we don't be getting the amazing pony tails.

That said her ass is nice.
celebritybottoms.com/multiple/t-multi/ass-t-movie-multi-TessaThompson-Copper-s2e2-hd1080.jpg>>86210292

celebritybottoms.com/multiple/t-multi/ass-t-movie-multi-TessaThompson-Copper-s2e2-hd1080.jpg

>Just marathoned the MCU. Why do the Thor movies get so much hate?
I'm guessing you're a female.

>Norton did something and played an actual character
You're not really doing a good job convincing me, and I was very receptive to being enlightened.
>I have no idea where you get the "cool cocky" bullshit from.
From watching the movie. The way he talks to people, how he acts when confronted with the shit he did/does as the Hulk. All disingenuously unconflicted and banal. He acted more like Jason Bourne than a genius with demons who got carried away.
>Ruffalo played nothing but a generic nervous scientist trope
That's not a trope just because you say it is, and his characterization was far more multifaceted than that. Even his 'cocky' scene where he fucks with Natasha in the beginning of Avengers is more informed by how he's perceived by other people than being a 'super sleuth guy on the run who don't want no trabble'.

>You're not really doing a good job convincing me
Who said I was trying to convince you of anything? The fact that you even consider hulk to be a lesser movie than either thor shitflick is enough for me to not really take you too seriously. Christ alive, it even had a better cap than captain america 1.

>implying I'm the same person as OP just because
Okay, you're just a combative Sup Forums retard.
Sorry for thinking otherwise.

>Sup Forums
Fucking typical.

Who fires a fucking gun at a shield made of vibranium, woman or not?

But AoU was good.

Tesseract reactor

It made Thor do a backflip without causing any real harm, kind of like everything Stark tried to do to him.

...Norton didn't play him like that.

Women. Women do that.

I think the switches from Asgard to Earth or back can be a little jarring in some scenes. Love story was kind of bland I suppose, is it sort of necessary for Thor to find some human that he likes for a short while? Sure I guess, still seems odd.

First Avenger is good though. The Cap trilogy, all things considered, may be a better trilogy than Nolan's Bats.

Movie for movie it averages out pretty good.

>First Avenger is good though.
Eh. It was more generic and by the numbers than anything else. The action and fight scenes were awful. And all the best parts of the story were reduced to a montage. They fixed that in Cap 2 at least, but it's still pretty damn funny that Incredible Hulk had a better cap than Cap 1.

>plot holes
What plot holes?

>TIH
>bad in any sense
It's still bottom of the MCU barrel but I still enjoy it. Making the first bit a monster movie starring the villain as the good guy was a great idea. The Captain America foreshadowing was also great.

But in general about Thor and Thor 2: The Lokining, I agree. They get too much shit. The romance is awkward and unbelievable but fish-out-of-water Thor and viking-warrior Thor are both great. Odin is the best MCU character.
BUDT CHER NAWT KIENG YETTE
YOR BIRDTHRITE WAZ TEW DIEAH
Hopkins adds so much legitimacy to the Asgardian aspects of those movies.

>secretly
Maybe if you're oblivious.

They took David Bowie Two-Face and turned him into an incredibly boring and forgettable ripoff of Prince Nuada from Hellboy 2

How long do you think MCU Cap with his shield could keep Hulk at a standstill? Was Blonsky's fucked up pre-Hulk-blood serum as good, better, or worse than Erksine's version? How fast would bug-out-Bucky kill human Blonsky?

Im fucking pissed that we're getting a buddy team up in Thor 3 and its not Beta Ray Bill. Yeah I know Hulk has to stay relevant but damn I want that horse faced bastard.

There is not a bad film in the MCU. IM2 is the weakest but it's still good.

They're bland as movies, and they are trash as Thor movies.

Thats the thing, despite the faults the MCU may have time to time, its overall a solid film universe. None of them invoke "Man, fuck this movie!", more like "Meh" at worst. Though I will admit Thor has a lot of wasted potential

I am so sick of people jacking off to that blonsky scene.

He literally did nothing. He barely avoided getting chopped in half. All he fucking did was flip around, fire a gun pointlessly and then look at it like a generic action fag when he emptied it.

Incredible Hulk was shit.

Wasted potential, sure. Tonally speaking, sure. But they're a nice tonal change in-universe from the other films. They make me chuckle but I don't think the humor detracts from the seriousness of the films like people say. Thor himself is only funny in the context of his fish-out-of-water interactions with humans. Because his way of life is so different. His supporting cast of Earthlings is where the semi-wacky comedy comes in to play. It's not like it doesn't contextually make sense. It's just that Thor happened to meet these particular upbeat people when he landed on Earth.

>Incredible Hulk was shit.
And still better than more than half the MCU, to say the least, either Thor flick.

He also ran faster than people who were jogging.

Is he a big fucking deal in the movie?

Strongly seconded.