Watching Hannibal (2001)

>watching Hannibal (2001)
>french guy looking through fbi most wanted list
>full shot of bin laden
>look up release date
>Feb 2001

Wtf

He was already a known terrorist in the late 90s.

What did they mean by this?

Every time I go back to watch Hannibal I forget how much of an absolute garbage film it was. I've never seen Rising. I read the book unfortunately which in itself was pretty dreadful and actually put me off going through the rest.

I can't believe how much they dropped the ball in Hannibal though.

did ridley scott do 9/11?

Indeed. Manhunter and SOTL are the two winners in that franchise.

>I forget how much of an absolute garbage film it was.
care to expand? Genuinely curious as to why you didn't like it (not just dislike it apparently, "absolute garbage")

It was better than manhunter

He did Covenant which is almost as bad

Hannibal rising still had that whole thing with Hannibal and his step mom which was pretty hot, but the rest of the book really is shit

This. For some reason, Harris let the hype about Hannibal really get to his head after SOTL and he did really weird shit to the character.

hannibal is fucking trash
how am I supposed to watch it without jodie foster as agent starling?

Hey, it's a masterpiece compared to the book.

Just focus on that other chicks great ass

She was Starling until she read the book, same for the director.

really? is the book that bad? whats wrong with it?

big if true

I read it years ago and honestly even if I remembered it well I wouldn't know where to begin, it's a complete fucking disaster and makes the movie look masterful.

The only big thing I remember is Starling and Hannibal do run away together at the end.

It's not hard to look up, it's even in the Wikipedia article for the film if I recall.

>The only big thing I remember is Starling and Hannibal do run away together at the end.
After Hannibal tries brainwashing her to turn her into his dead sister (that he ate during WWII).

I don't remember everything about it, either, but it came off to me a bloated mess that didn't have any of the interesting concepts from the first two books. And it basically ruined Hannibal as a character by turning him into some kind of evil mastermind with superpowers. It seriously reads more like a work of fanfiction than a sequel to Silence of the Lambs.

>tfw remember seeing him in the news in december of 2000 on some story about westerners getting killed in Saudi gold courses by his men and thinking nothing of it

This. The actual writing is much better than SoTL, but the story is abysmal in comparison and almost every character got raped.