youtu.be/3WKN0XF8-3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Bcg5rN-jlaw
youtube.com/watch?v=4Xwmvdll2NE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>that animation
>that music

youtu.be/ziBnCYLJ6zo

WE

The jews were never actually slaves in Egypt.

too bad the Bible is bullshit and fairy tales

Why do the animations of the water looks better than most modern cgi?

>Ask the man you call father, lmao

Who writes this garbage?

THIS WAS MY LIFE

I SEND THE SWORD
I SEND THE -SCOURGE-

>YOU WHO I CALLED BROTHER-!

fuck, I feel it in my chest and in the back of my throat every time.

pure. fucking. kino

Best Song.

Regardless if you think this is propaganda or you just hate religion, that was a good fucking song.

WUZ

It's music kino
youtu.be/3WKN0XF8-3Q

theyre sick fairy tales tho

it was animated by former Disney people who left Disney and went to Dreamworks

t. uninformed user

They are awesome fairy tales, it would have been cool if they were true.

One of the last truly great Disney movies.

One of the best animated films ever. Doesn't get enough love. Likely due to its religious connections. Beautiful animation, awe-inspiring music, great characters, and gripping narrative. Better than 99% of anything Disney has ever done in animation.

honestly fuck you

youtube.com/watch?v=Bcg5rN-jlaw

I remember watching this as a kid and I really liked how it wasn't condescending or anything. It opens with slavery and continues with murder upon murder
I guess they managed to get away with it because it's a bible story, and all the people who would usually send them angry phone calls were really religious.

Also, his fake Egyptian mom was hot as hell

Bluray when? Full HD on digital stores.

PLAYING WITH THE BIG BOYS NOW

>thread is about an animated movie
>bitches about the bible anyways

Either you're an asswipe edgy teen, or you're an asshole troll with some really good bait. Ruining a chance to discuss a good movie with your retardation.

>he doesn't know Egypt was a real place

>the death of the firstborn

>Eloheim, god on high can you hear your people cry
>Help us now this dark hour
>Deliver us
>Hear our call deliver us
>Lord of all remember us here in this burning sand
>Deliver us
>There's a land you promised us
>Deliver us to the promised land

Fuckin kino lyrics

There is no god.

tips

>try to get your people out of egypt
>make sure pharaoh won't grant your request by hardening his heart
>ok we did what we could, time to massacre egyptian babies lol

IF YOU BELIIIEEEEEVE

Really fantastic movie desu, but this movie had the opposite effect on me, it made me start to hate all this Judeo-Christian shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=4Xwmvdll2NE

South Park, right?

So why did god sent the plagues instead of talking with the pharao?
I mean killing firstborn sons and sending locust must take more time and effort than simply appear in front of a man and telling him.

Gold to you sire!

Gold to you sire!

A reddit gold has been deposited into your account!

but it's not as much fun. the old testament god is basically a kid burning ants with a magnifying glass and making them dance to make himself feel powerful

Gold to you sire!

A reddit gold has been deposited into your account!

Shadilay!

>he doesn't appreciate the rich characters, storytelling and historical places of the Old Testament

Pleb detected.

no germanic people see the romans as their ancestors, faggit

Not Disney though (at least I don't think it was). It was DreamWorks second film

>be 12 year-old me
>go to Catholic school once a week for an hour
>boring as fuck and derivative for the most part
>most kids just don't want to be there
>movie day
>fuck yea.jpg
>doesn't matter what it is just happy we don't have to read or pray
>it's Prince of Kino
>mfw

They started throwing that Joseph, King of Dreams bullshit on us, but even as a kid I could tell the difference in quality.

Because in the old testament it was a battle between God and the Egyptian Gods through these two men.

In response to the plagues unleashed by God, the Egyptian Gods hardened Pharaoh's heart to prevent him from giving him. However, when they saw that God could easily kill their people, they let go of their grip on Pharaoh.

In the New Testament this was changed because Christians don't want to acknowledge any other God than their own.

it's part of pharaoh's punishment. in the biblical narrative, pharaoh hardens his own heart several times when the issue of freeing the slaves arises and during the first few plagues. he commits himself to a course of action and his punishment is that he must see it through (and endure the rest of the plagues). his sin was great enough that god removed the option of atonement.

if your objection is that god's methods are too roundabout then why not propose god simply teleport the entire nation of israel to canaan and skip all the unpleasantness and wandering? gee i wonder why that isn't the story that was preserved for thousands of years and is part of the text central to western civilization...

>be devout Catholic family
>mom takes me to see Prince of Kino in theatres when it came out because she wanted me to "understand where Christianity comes from"
>Fucking 7 year old sensory overload at the visuals and songs
>Movie shapes my opinion on animation, musicals, and kino for years to come

My parents were patrician weren't they?

>there's still no television show about gods from various pantheons vying for control of the Earth through divinely-anointed super-prophets

Yes

Through Heaven's Eyes is very inspiring to me as a depressed nogf NEET

Even if I am a filthy heathen atheist now, I still enjoy going to Mass every now and then, especially during Christmas, but that's mostly because I'm a sucker for the songs.

My mom is relatively devout; she goes once a week usually, but my dad has been agnostic since I was 10 or so and goes to church as much as I do.

We fedora-tip pretty hard when we're alone.

My best memories of church were going on Saturdays, breaking down the time frames of each part of Mass to see how quickly it was going to end so I could get out of there, going out to dinner and then stopping by Blockbuster for some rental kino.

Pretty comfy, desu fampai.

>why not propose god simply teleport the entire nation of israel to canaan and skip all the unpleasantness and wandering

let me guess, because the fell beasts would have intercepted the matter stream

The Burning Bush scene honestly makes me tear up.

The voice of God was so warm and calm, yet thunderous in His vitriol when Moses' faith wavered. It makes the fedora on my heart fall briefly.

The OST is one of the GOATs.

>and his punishment is that he must see it through

so god makes sure that once someone makes a mistake, he can never change his mind and mend his ways? how does that gel with the whole contept of atonement? nope, once you go bad, god will make sure you stay that way? awesome, so if you sin once, god will make sure you keep on sinning, preventing you from atoning, and in the end punishing you for the whole lot? wow, what divine mercy

the egyptian gods play zero part in Exodus bro

that's sort of american gods desu

BURRP

According to the New Testament anyway.

Exodus is part of the Old Testament, I have no idea what you're getting at

Yeah and? Still some pretty awesome fairy tales. Go back to /r/atheism.

>even in regards to sin i must equate myself to the highest example
typical arrogant atheist who cannot into textual nuance. it happened to PHARAOH you simplistic, reductionist moron. if you sin to the degree pharaoh does, then yes, you will destroy your opportunity for atonement. it's good that you're too much of an ineffectual faggot to do anything that noteworthy.

>once
and lrn2read

Huh, I had seen threads before but never really was interested.

Will check it out.

You gonna ignore the fact that there is evidence for many stories in the bible?

okay hitler

Why didn't they just use the Eagles to fly to Canaan?

Except they do.

it's mediocre

where?

They do now. The kike god started out as one of many. The origins of most of those stories come from a time when the habiru brigand gypsies who later became known as the jews were still polytheists. And a lot of motives are outright stolen from other races in the region.

>if you sin to the degree pharaoh does, then yes, you will destroy your opportunity for atonement

but of course israel gets one chance after another, because genociding the canaanites of course isn't anywhere near as bad as forced labor in egypt, got it. crimes against humanity are only bad if they're comitted by non-jews

>in the new testament, the old testament was changed

wut

maybe the can'taanites should have gotten a stronger patron god

damnit i just watched it and teared up too

>atheism is reddit
>being conservative is reddit
>most reddit conservatives are christcucks
>but most of reddit in general are atheist leftards
>let's tell this man questioning jew bullshit that he belongs on reddit by implying he's a christcuck conservatard who also worships an egyptian god

You're making my head hurt, JIDF. How do you reconcile all that shit in your head to even make a consistent narrative?

That part of user's post is retarded, but it is edited in modern editions.

However, the point that egyptian gods play a part in it remains.

>So let my heart be hardened
>And nevermind how high the cost may grow
>It will not be so!
>I will never let
>Your
>People
>GO!

they destroyed the canaanites on god's orders, they would only "need another chance" if they hadn't.

>crimes against humanity
lel

That's right, goyim are not human. They were created only to serve the chosen

specifically where

>that whale scene

>ressentiment: the post
canaanites were human, so were all the people of noah's age, so were the israelites massacred at the beginning of exodus. god dgaf, if you fuck up or are too close to people who fucked up he'll run you over.
like most atheists you sound like someone who's GOTTEN run over so you're bitter and resentful towards god. too bad

>what kind of story should we invent for our people?

>that we were slaves for like a hundred years, only escaped because God helped us, then we had to wander in the desert for 40 years because we were too stupid to just listen to what God wanted us to do

hmmm, makes you think

If Pharoah freed the slaves it would be a PR disaster the likes of which history would have never seen.

The whole Egyptian state was founded on the fact that the Pharaoh was an all powerful God King. If he freed some weak slaves seemingly for being intimidated by their god the whole system would collapses and cause more suffering for his people.

The Pharaoh really had no choice in the matter.

/thread

Ramses did nothing wrong.

makes me happy to know my fav movie of all time is appreciated here.

Holy shit do you guys see what I'm seeing?

Gas the KIKES!
But yeah, is a nice movie.

It's weird. Spirit got a bluray release and I bought it because it's a gorgeous film but it's nowhere near as entertaining as El Dorado or as perfect a movie as Prince of Egypt and neither have a bluray yet.

Shit, wouldn't even mind if they did a multi-release like Laika does. I just want my 1080p.

is it sad that i still watch this on vhs?

ANCIENT ALIENS.

MOSES WAS A PHARAOH.

>[thus saith the Lord]
>[thus saith the Lord]
>[thus saith the Lord]
>[thus saith the Lord]
>[because you refused to free my people]
>[throughout the land of Egypt]
>I send a pestilence and plauge,
>Into your HOUSE, into your BED,
>Into your STEAMS, into your STREETS,
>Into your DRINK, into your BREAD!
>Upon your cattle!
>Upon your sheep!
>Upon the oxen in your fields!
>Into your DREAM, into your SLEEP,
>Until you BREAK, until you YIELD!
>I SEND THE SWARM,
>I SEND THE HORDE,
>THUS SAITH THE LORD!
What was God's problem? The average Egyptian peasant didn't deserve to take the fall for Pharaoh's pride.

>You're watching this with someone seeing it for the first time
>mfw they instinctively go for their phone at the start of the movie because "kek movies never start off running."

>However, the point that egyptian gods play a part in it remains.
Citation or stop spewing bullshit. I did a retardedly long report on Exodus in high school and I don't remember a single mention of the Egyptian gods being acknowledged as powerful enough to do anything to Moses or his God.

Furthermore, the bible specifically says that "the LORD hardened Pharoah's heart." This specific passage pre-dates both the old and new testament.

The quote "You will go to the land of Egypt and demand that Pharoah free my people, but I will harden his heart and he will not listen" is from Exodus, not the NT, are you high?

welp back to rewatching it

Beyond the religious tone, one of the latest "blockbuster" animation movie with an actual attempt to create a work of art before selling toys.

Powerful voice acting, stunning visuals and amazing score.

I feel sorry for today kids growing up with "The Emoji Movie", "Despicable Me" and "The Angry Birds Movie".

And yeah, the Pharaoh was right.

Old testament God wasn't/isn't the same God of modern Christianity. Old Testament's God was vengeful and bloodthirsty, and he didn't need a reason to fuck your shit up. He just did it to keep you in line, collateral damage be damned.