youtube.com/watch?v=xdWRG5UB6fA
youtube.com/watch?v=rzJ-wM45O2c
youtube.com/watch?v=SmUtDm4-iwM
youtube.com/watch?v=S6P62b17uRc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

hot garbage
not even ironically funny

rich is a terrible actor

I stopped watching this unfunny garbage fire about 10 minutes in out of respect for them

RLM regularly say

>Bad comedy is awful beyond reckoning, depressing and exhausting to watch
>They also state "bad on purpose movies are worthless shit"

RLM then unironically creates Space Cop, a bad on purpose, unfunny comedy

it's shit expect for a few bits
rich evans does a ok job though

I liked it but I watched the VHS version first. It really had a different vibe to it.

It's a spiritual and economic disaster

I think it's a 5/10 literal standard movie. So I could say it was worse than a bad movie as well as a good movie. Also I hope patton oswald gets a flesh eating virus.

RLM are hypocrites, as evidenced by their TFA review in comparison to their prequel reviews.

They deserve to be sodomized for this piece of crap.

examples?

It was shit but still far better then the need movie.

Jay was hot in it. That's all that really matters.

best of the worst is the only thing worth watching from rlm.

>DUDE INTENTIONALLY LOW BUDGET IT'S SO BAD IT'S LE GOOD LMAO

yeah reddit kino

he could zap me with his blaster any day if you know what I mean

You have no idea what it means to be a critic or a film maker.

pie

Movies made to be 'ironically' bad are always actually shit and waste of everyone's involved time.

>mike "i hate millenials but pls support my patreon because no baby boomers will watch us" cucklasa

I TURNED MYSELF INTO A TUMS, MIKE

TUMS RIIIIIIICH

It was much better than Feeding Frenzy.

My copy of Space Cop arrived this morning.

When I opened the box, the disc had a blank cover. I thought they were maybe trying to be deliberately b-movie ironic. So I put it on and there's muffled talking over a black screen. Like there was a physical sheet or cover over the camera as it was rolling. At this point I thought it was just a "le so bad it's good" introduction to the movie and that's when someone aggressively pulls the sheet or cover off the camera, there's that moment where the camera tries to adjust to light in what turns out to be a bedroom. Someone's picked up the camera at this point. There's a fuzziness and lack of focus and it's clearly not an expensive camera. Then the guy behind the camera starts swearing under his breath and it's clearly Mike. Distinctively so. There's a weird rapidness and heavy breathing in his voice and he's clearly drunk. He aimlessly zooms in and out on shit around the room. He finally corrects the zoom and contrast and he pans across to a bed. And Jessi is fucking sitting there wearing jeans, but topless. What the fuck? She looks coked up and like she's been crying cause there's smudges around her eyes that you can see even from where Mike is. Then suddenly he gets really vocal and starts saying all this racist shit and he makes her repeat it. She doesn't seem into it at first but she's clearly getting horny. And then out of nowhere, and I'll never forget this, I hear this weird but immediately recognisable noise of a guy jacking off. Mike directs the camera down to his cock and he's shaking and the camera's shaking and he's just jacking his uncut cock as he makes Jessi keep saying this shit to him. Then it just stopped.

typical ironic gen-x bullshit

its listed as a comedy u realize right. also rich has said multiple times how much he cant act and how much he hates how he acted in space cop get over urself.

When future generations sift through the smoldering rubble of postmodern America, they would do well to locate a hard drive with RedLetterMedia content on it. They could study Mike and Jay and, with that thin slice of information, fully understand what it is that killed western civilization.
Those two are bitter, cynical nihilists. They have devoted their lives, the prime years of productivity, to pithily lampooning cultural ephemera and implying "we could do better than these idiot filmmakers, but we're too cool to actually try."
They are every strain of societal AIDS melded together into a super AIDS of cultural death...
Well into middle age, they're still obsessively analyzing adventure stories for children. They're childless, unmarried, stubbornly avoiding an actual profession, opting instead to beg for Patreon donations. They are subsisting on the patronage of even more embittered, more lonely, more cynical losers who need virtual friends to swim in their vast Petri dish of misery with them.
Look in their fucking eyes, man. It's a joyless, pointless existence they're living.
They are so afraid of sincerity or honest artistic effort that they'll leave behind hours of footage of them chuckling about Tommy Wiseau. They are artistic cowards and abject failures in every respect.
Each time you catch a glimpse of them, you're reminded that we peaked as a civilization a long time ago. We're done creating. We're done feeling real emotions. All we can do now is analyze, criticize, and ironically pick through the dessicated corpse of our once great nation.

8/10 I LAUGHED!
9/10 I started to criticize your post and then realized that would prove you mostly right...GOOD JOB!

it was a spiritual and economic disaster

This opening scene with Patton Oswalt is the biggest turn off imaginable, its just Space Cop looking at a monitor for 5 whole minutes while Patton just adlibs unfunny lines. I think Mike was stoked to have a well-known comedian in the film so he felt like he had to use absolutely every take in the final edit, when it drags down the film so much. Its probably the worst scene in the entire film and its one of the first ones, so its a huge chore to sit through.

The whole opening is so long and uninteresting. First you have an unfunny establishing scene on the Moon which is pointless to the plot, then a long title sequence, then Patton Oswalt's unfunny, pointless scene and then Space Cop travels into the past. It takes 15 minutes to establish Space Cop going back in time, and even then it doesn't make sense because the streets Space Cop drives around on just look like present day anyway, they shouldn't have bothered with that part. It should have just started with Space Cop chasing the main bad guys in space and then travels to the past. But then it still isn't done, as main plot still hasn't been introduced; there's another pointless establishing scene in the present with another holdup and establishing Space Cop in the present, even though there's no point. It takes 20 minutes to get into the main plot of the film and introduce both main characters; Space Cop and Past Cop. This should have happened within the first five minutes at most. (1/2)

Its like the 1997 Mr Bean film, where it takes 10+ minutes to get to the main plot of the film and you get so bored of it. Its not some sort of complicated character piece or film with a complex plot, its a retarded comedy film so there's nothing to engage with. In a comedy film like this the main premise and plot should be introduced in a short period of time so that the main plot can happen and the jokes can start happening. Despite taking so long, the opening of Space Cop does absolutely nothing to establish the character or film at all. Later in the film, Space Cop mentions his wife for one scene because that joke was in the trailer, but in the film she's never seen and its just a throwaway line. The opening would have been a good way for establishing Space Cop's wife and some scene with her so there would be at least something for Space Cop to care about. Instead of a boring ass 5 minute scene of Patton Oswalt failing to be funny how about his wife gets kidnapped so that he has some reason to be doing things throughout the film, instead of nothing. It doesn't have to be some serious scene either, it could be played for laughs but still give Space Cop some motivation throughout the film to do things. In the final film I didn't understand what either Space Cop or Past Cop's goals throughout the film were, they were just meandering from unfunny scene to unfunny scene.

Another serious problem is that there is no reason for there to be a time skip of 8 years other than the original trailer for Space Cop came out in 2007. Despite having lived in the present for 8 years he still seems clueless of present day culture, so the time jump should have just been a few months to a year instead. This relates to a serious problem which is that the whole film has this injokey feel to it that just makes you not care about anything. The film seems to love the idea of Space Cop but never does anything with it, or give any reason to care him, its not a character. (2/2

>posting in a literal shill thread

>waaah everyone that discusses things I don't like is a shill
Back to /Pol faggo

>shit on movies all day
>cant even make a decent movie

like being a food reviewer and you cant even cook a steak right. Why the fuck should anyone listen to you

apologize for your careless comment right now or you will be met with fire, fury, and quite frankly power

>JUST SO U GUISE KNOW I HATE ACTING AND I'M NOT GOOD AT IT AND THIS ISN'T EVEN A SERIOUS ATTEMPT SO ALL OF YOUR CRITICISMS ARE MEANINGLESS AS I'VE PREEMPTIVELY SABOTAGED THEM
predictably pathetic

fuck off shill

Even the nu-Ghostbusters is better than Space Cop

Patreon videos, don't tell Jay

Nerd Crew
youtube.com/watch?v=JyDSqWyEMWw
youtube.com/watch?v=_vmzC40dxM8
youtube.com/watch?v=pAx3joUhIR8
youtube.com/watch?v=lZ-76cEkUPw
youtube.com/watch?v=xH-F4_wMwCg

Best of the Worst
youtube.com/watch?v=1vHZu-eFhx8
youtube.com/watch?v=55EjTXdMkfg
youtube.com/watch?v=8bwXUopLfu4
youtube.com/watch?v=xQwLseLtgx4
youtube.com/watch?v=XEAnJATsCIk
youtube.com/watch?v=CQ1pfdrhcPM
youtube.com/watch?v=2Qb2lt4ZzYI
youtube.com/watch?v=cRZTDEJUilE
youtube.com/watch?v=fztfb6XCzXE
youtube.com/watch?v=gy8Abf38QMo

Half in the Bag
youtube.com/watch?v=CTN6z5e7LFw
youtube.com/watch?v=f9GaG3UPjDo
youtube.com/watch?v=kqLnbRKdw6c
youtube.com/watch?v=IRLCtLe6XY8
youtube.com/watch?v=kc27aY7UU9U
youtube.com/watch?v=IQrS04Qzv0E

Other
youtube.com/watch?v=2e5x64K3F44
youtube.com/watch?v=tTM07-S8ICE
youtube.com/watch?v=9lvhvsc_TZA
youtube.com/watch?v=xdWRG5UB6fA
youtube.com/watch?v=rzJ-wM45O2c
youtube.com/watch?v=SmUtDm4-iwM
youtube.com/watch?v=S6P62b17uRc

Also this post doesn't break any rules you fucking faggot janny from last time.

really disappointing. I don't know why they choose to stretch themselves so thin. when they could have made it 30 or 45 minutes and it probably would have been half as bad. especially script wise, what were they thinking?

thx

No, it sucked. I like RLM, mostly just the Plinkett reviews, but this movie was horrible. Looks decent for the budget though.

AVGN: Movie > Space Cop > piss = shit > Kickassia

Space Cop is so bad you can find very few supporters of it even on pro-RLM message boards.

These guys can be funny, but Space Cop wasn't. They fall apart when pressure is on them. Like when demanding money to see their work as opposed to watching it on Youtube. That seems to happen to most e-celebs though.

It both fails as a "so bad it's good movie" and as a genuine effort. Regardless of their intent, the movie is really, really bad and not funny.

It did, however, succeed in making them lots of money because the movie sold out in a matter of days when released, which is I guess the only thing they really cared about in the first place.

I don't think it failed as a genuine effort, it really does almost look like a feature film.

>Preparing to write an intentionally bad screenplay for my last year of uni major project
>See how badly I could fuck it up
Shit.

>does almost look like a feature film
AVGN movie does almost look like a feature film, Space Cop doesn't.

just make sure it has actual jokes and stuff that acknowledges the genre it's trying to emulate, don't pass off uncreativity as 'it's just anti-humor bro, look at our budget!! t. jay'

I liked it. It had charm.

>RLM are hypocrites because they didn't hate a movie that I hated
That's not what a hypocrite is, user.

The movie would have gone up a good 2 or 3 points on the rating scale if Rich Evans didn't play Space Cop and Mike didn't play Past Cop. Seriously, they know how to make a movie and can write some funny jokes. It's just that their terrible performances just suck the humour out of everything.

Yes, it is. Jay thinks that the preqeuls fans are brain damaged, yet he is fanboing over that stupid twin peaks reboot.

Again, someone enjoying something that YOU don't personally like doesn't make them a hypocrite. Are you brain damaged?

Kek people still aren't over this. Kys faggot.

itt Sup Forums is full of joyless fucks/experts of comedy and feet

Could reach any further up your ass?