Why???

I just watched Watchmen for the first time in my life.

This guy is such a fucking arsehole.

Fuck him so much

You would be too if you had your body destroyed.

who was in the wrong here?

Sup Forums utterly BTFO

Well he became an all knowing godlike being able to analyze and manipulate every fucking thing you can imagine to the core. It's not right to call him an asshole. He simply can't help it.

You'd become completely emotionless and stoic as well if you'd learn the truth about literally everything that ever existed or will come to exist. The earth or humans don't mean shit in comparison to what the whole universe and all the other galaxies out there hold in store.

and this is why Dr.Manhattan is the most op character in any comic

>You'd become completely emotionless and stoic as well if you'd learn the truth about literally everything that ever existed or will come to exist. The earth or humans don't mean shit in comparison to what the whole universe and all the other galaxies out there hold in store.
Yeah, the exact same thing happens in Lucy. This is the logical result of omniscience.

lol

>wants to save mankind from nuclear war while pleasing his girlfriend
>is actually able to achieve both at the same time
>stupid bitch gets mad because hes not solely doing the latter

retarded

Not if I came back ripped with a big blue dong

RORSCHACH DID NOTHING WRONG

>super omnipotent god superhero
>gf cheats on him
how the fuck do you stop women???

are women really the worst species of all time?

Thread:

he was using omnipotence the wrong way

she would have respected him if he hadn't tried so hard to please her or satisfy her

she was probably craving the electric dick after he finally dumped her on mars

But Ozymandias put up an ad-blocker so he couldn't see the details of the plan.

The actor who played his body was killed when he tried to out run a train and was run over.

>Plitt was hit and killed by the southbound Metrolink Antelope Valley Line train 268 in Burbank, California, on January 17, 2015, while running between the rails. His death was recorded by the camera mounted in the cab of the engine.
>After examining the video, police reportedly told TMZ Plitt may have been trying to outrace the train when it approached for a video he was shooting. He was shortly after knocked off the tracks and out of frame
>He may have believed the train was coming up behind him on a parallel track, not the one he was on. The video was for a self-produced energy drink commercial.

Cant make this shit up.

>all knowing godlike being
>He /still/ doesn't realise everyone, Manhattan included, overrated his powers massively for the sake of propaganda, even though the comic and the movie tell you this at the end

He explicitly states that he is not omniscient you fucking brainlets

>He /still/ doesn't realise everyone, Manhattan included, overrated his powers massively for the sake of propaganda, even though the comic and the movie tell you this at the end
???

Got cucked by a fucking owl

He's a selfish arsehole who doesn't care.

Fuck him!!!

this
Manhattan is not and was never God, he's not omniscient or omnipotent, he can do a lot but he can't do everything. The US government pushed the American God angle because they needed an ultimate doomsday weapon against the Soviets and Manhattan himself just didn't know, if the ending is anything to go by he severely overestimated his own abilities (the 'the worlds smartest man means no more to me than does it's smartest termite' line is in the comic and the movie).
But even though both works go to pains to tell the viewer that he isn't everything everyone thinks he is people just hear most OP superhero ever and take it as red

Why does Dr. Manhattan just show everyone his blue penis? Why doesn't he cover up?

Cause he doesnt care. He can become hung like an elephant if someone teases him for his dick-size.

And now apparently he is fucking with the DC universe.

Why doesn't he turn himself into a girl? Then he wouldn't need a woman.

>This guy is such a fucking arsehole.
>Fuck him so much

Huh?
How is he the "arsehole", and not the mass murdering psychopath?

>arsehole

Read the new comics, DC retconned him. In watchman he intentionally removed his own free will so that he could go "trough the motions" until his plan of preventing nuclear war was complete.

He basically removed a decade from the DC universe creating the new 52 universe.

He totally just steamrolled Eobard Thawne, dude is super OP.

Rorshach like usual

>Has the power to reverse time and fix things like he did with the smashed TV
>Doesn't use that ability to reverse all bombs that dropped and save the cities

He didn't even try to do that.

>Read the new comics
'no'

I don't think he was literally reversing time just putting things back together. Trying to that with things as complex as humans on a gigantic scale would be extremely difficult even for Dr. M

>>Has the power to reverse time

No, he doesn't.

>i missed the point of the entire book/movie entirely

He is a dick for falling for the underage

That part always confused me. He doesn't really have a reason to fall for Laurie at all, comic or film.

>Janey accuses me of chasing jailbait, and yeah she's getting pretty old.
Kinda goes back to this guy's point
By the time the same shit happens to Silk Spectre it's chalked up to "He's such a god now that he's losing interest in humanity" which was bullshit until Ozy made it true.

Not really. Not trying to be a dick, I'm just taking about consistency within the narrative. Manhattan fell for that fellow nuclear physicist lady for a reason. They had shit to relate to and whatnot with their passion for science. Laurie was 16 when they became an item, what the fuck did he see in her? He makes a comment on her beauty, but this is as far as it goes. Why didn't Moore go on some kind of tangent about man's insatiable lust for younger women?
>which was bullshit until Ozy made it true.
The scene where:
>Yeah I did. And you know what you watched!
says otherwise. He was already drifting for a while. Why do you think Laurie is able to convince him to save Earth? They spell it out.

>Trying to that with things as complex as humans

He was able to reconstruct his own body when he dematerialized for the first time.

That was one human. One. And it took forever.

Destruction is much easier than creation.

I wanted that bitch to die.
I laughed my ass off when Ozzy beat her and Nite Owl was white knighting pathetically

His current gf hit the wall and got old and there was ripe 16 year old pussy for the taking.
Are you saying you wouldn't hit that if you were an OP demi-god that could do what he wanted?

See my post here:

there's nothing wrong with lusting for younger women

That's not near enough what I was saying. My primary concern is consistency of character. If you're not going to have consistency of character, then Moore should have done something else i.e. examine men's lust for younger women. He did neither of these things.

Don't you realize he didn't stop her cause he didn't care

>examine men's lust for younger women
Should he also examine the rule of gravity while at it?

>That's not near enough what I was saying. My primary concern is consistency of character. If you're not going to have consistency of character, then Moore should have done something else i.e. examine men's lust for younger women. He did neither of these things.

Guys, he only fucked Laurie because he saw Laurie in his future. Both the comic and the movie made that clear.

Manhattan wasn't really a free guy. When he saw Laurie in all her 16 glory he recognized her from his own future where he was plowing that tight pussy everyday. The same for why he left his first wife. He knew that they eventually would break up.

>The same for why he left his first wife. He knew that they eventually would break up.
I was with you until this point. It's clear that Manhattan's wife leaves him for his lack of interest in their life together. He lacks interest in humans because he knows all there is to know about them. Or so he thought, which is the lesson Laurie teaches him on Mars.

It's just that when they were fighting about him being interested in Laurie he talked about how in the future she'd be leaving him.

watchmen is not about powerlevels please fucking kill yourself

Darkseid could still fuck him up with Omega beams

Yet he never saw that coming. What shitty writing.

Just reread Issue #4. He doesn't mention leaving his wife when they argue about Laurie or her aging. Though having just reread it, Manhattan has this to say:

>Outside, Janey accuses me of "chasing jailbait." She bursts into angry tears, asking if it's because she's getting older. It's true. She's aging more noticeably every day...while I'm standing still.

Manhattan, still with the mind of a man but thrust into near omnipotence, seeks comfort in the younger Laurie because after all humans seek comfort in each other. Especially in the opposite sex. Manhattan feels closer to the younger Laurie due to his lack of aging. He still yearns for a physical relationship which an older woman could not provide. Mystery solved.

Please remind me. I haven't read the comic in years. How does ozzy do it?

>Literally goes back to the dawn of time and destroys every variant of the universe that doesn't have him become Dr. Manhattan just so timefuckers can't go kill him while he's still a human.
>Can regenerate himself from atomization
>So mindfuckingly immortal that the writers of the DCU just kill him offscreen because in the DCU Death is the strongest character (ignoring literally God).

Tachyon satellites.
Manhattan only sees events he is present for. He wasn't present in all of Veidt's life.

>Tachyon satellites
Aha so that's why I forgot. It sucked

There is nothing wrong with leaving her.

He didn't fall for her because she was a physicist, he fell for her, because she threw her pussy at him (first time a girl bought me a beer).

Then when he was going to die in a horrible accident, she left him inside that timelocked vault.

He already knew she wasn't there for him.

The interesting part is to what degree he is or isn't post-human.

On the one hand the comedian thinks he gets manhattan: he really doesn't care and could have prevented his vietnam ho from hurting him, or prevent the comedian from murdering her.

But Veidt shows that manhattan does have at least a remnant of humanity in him and manipulates him emotionally through that tv interview until he REEEEEs.

Going after laurie is a recognition of his natural male desires as well as not giving loyalty to the woman who abandoned him when he was dying.

>tfw too intelligent to hide my below average dick

See my shit here man: I don't think Manhattan resented whatsherface for leaving him to die, however. I didn't get that impression at all.

Middle-aged men don't go to young girls for comfort.

That's a euphemism. The same the japanese empire used to make conquered rapeslaves sound less degenerate when they called them comfort women.

I'm not saying he resented her. That's just projecting your own passive aggressive way of dealing with frustration on him.

He knew at that moment she wasn't truly loyal and as such, there was no value in being loyal in return.

>Middle-aged men don't go to young girls for comfort.
He's 30 with the knowledge that he will stay 30. Never heard the cliche "she makes me feel young again?" There's more of that in this line:
>She bursts into angry tears, asking if it's because she's getting older. It's true. She's aging more noticeably every day...while I'm standing still.
Than your
>He knew at that moment she wasn't truly loyal and as such, there was no value in being loyal in return.
of which there is none of that in any of his lines. If anyone is projecting anything here, it is you. But nice try trying to snipe at me.

What is this "op" meme?

You interpret him as standing still emotionally. If you think about he isn't 30, he is infinite. Counting age doesn't matter when you're assembling your own body with your mind.

His comment isn't that she emotionally is getting older. His comment is that she isn't attractive anymore, in both comic book and movie.

Gaming term. Overpowered.

The whole thing is about the common theme of what happens when the sexual market values between men and women swaps.

So you replied to me without actually reading my post?
>Manhattan feels closer to the younger Laurie due to his lack of aging. He still yearns for a physical relationship which an older woman could not provide.

trolling this hard

And finally, the phrase "she makes me feel young again" is also a euphemism, as it isn't very polite to say "I enjoy pounding teen poon"

See: and

I was asking sincerely. I don't know what it means when people say someone is an "op" character.

Jesus, you are dumb. You just keep linking back to shitty posts while not even engaging with any ideas other than your own.

So Manhattan is a villain now in the comic books?

One of the things Watchmen tried to do, both comic and movie, was that if this whole superhero/masked vigilante thing was to be taken seriously, then the first thing to be shown is that these superheroes/masked vigilantes do what they do for selfish reasons. Sexual gratification being one of the main aspects, like in everything else socially related.

So you had Owlman II who only felt a alive and a virile man when in costume dolling out costume, to the point he couldn't even getting an erection while without it. You had Ozymandias that fancied himself humanity's great man and savior, while in truth everything he did was to feed his enormous ego. And so on.

So of course Manhattan's humanity is exemplified by his manly urges to fuck young tight pussy.

Me and that guy were already in agreement you imbecile. He failed to read the entirety of my posts where I already covered the fact that Manhattan seeks Laurie physically due to his lack of aging. Go suck his dick and get off mine.

You mean in the new DC comics ? no one knows, but he is set to clash with superman sooner or later.

I read the comic book for the first time recently and was amazed by it

what's another graphic novel that's objectively 10/10?

wait, what the fuck is this? they're bringing dr.manhattan back?

Im sure he was present for that sad attempt at killing him, along with killing Rorschach

He never left

>Not being an eternal cougar hunter
Manhattan is 100% not /myguy/

His hand appeard on The DC Rebirth series. He has been fucking with the universe, removed 10 years, creating the new 52 universe.

BLUE'D

Can we all agree that Watchmen is the best comic book movie of all time?

>inb4 muh graphic novel and muh squid

wtf I need to read DC rebirth now

read the Rebirth special from last year and then 'The Button'
After that, wait for Doomsday Clock in November

Rorschach is the only one who is right. If humanity can't survive knowing the truth they don't deserve to survive.

If you suddenly found yourself an omnipotent god robbed of your humanity, would you really give a shit about humans anymore? Put yourself in his shoes so to speak...how could you even relate anymore?

He's not omnipotent. He can only see his own timeline, which was obstructed by Veidt at that point anyway.