Superhero shit should of ended after this

i mean theres literally no point to do superhero shit anymore after this, no cape stuff will ever be as good as this most likely (Kingdom Come is close though)

I could have sworn that this thread was made a while back.

there can never be enough Watchmen threads

OP is right tho

Born Again though

>should of

I dont know, Owlman is better than Nite Owl

They shouldn't try to "top" this. They should steer clear from it. Watchmen is a great as it's own contained story. I hate when other writers try to emulate it.

the whole point of the book is that it fails at being cape stuff

Fuck off Watchmen tards. It's boring arse pseduo-intellecutal masturbation. Like the awful rambling prog rock albums of the 70s.

Give me the punk rock artistic fire of Ennis' Preacher, Ellis' Authority, or Millar's Ultimates any day over that pretentious old hippy shite.

thats the thing.....many people saw Watchmen and the Dark Knight Returns as an excuse to do grim dark superhero stories...

I wish cape comics had the same tone as the Silver Age these days.

is "pseudo-intellectual" the new "im too dumb for this shit"

Not being as good as absolute perfection doesn't make something unworthy of existing or lacking merit on its own.
That is like saying no films should be made every year besides what wins best picture.

lol Preacher is childish garbage

Which is a good thing.

but i think Alan Moore's point was that, we need to move on from superheroes, he said before that he was aiming for this to be the "final superhero story" and that he wished after this the comics industry would move on

Superhero has been hurting the creativity of comics for decades now

did he really say that..that he intended Watchmen to be the "final superhero story"?

>genres should end as soon as a deconstruction becomes popular
no

Yeah! And people should have stopped creating art after Jackson Pollak!

>Superhero has been hurting the creativity of comics for decades now
how, there are MILLIONS of content own stuff you don't have to stick to the big two you know

>should of

Sure, but its aware its childish garbage. Every point made is lampooned, none of the characters lecture without their own flaws coming through the lecture, and it revels in nastiness because that's what's funny to the writer and the writer isn't going to act like he doesn't enjoy that.

its way better to enjoy childish garbage and other things then to say that enjoying childish garbage is unacceptable purely out of principal.

when did Alan become the jesus of comics, he hasnt done anything worthwhile in years and hes just grumpy all the time because he didnt pay good attention to a contract

Alan Moore, don't you have a shitty book about fish rape to start shilling for?

>should of
Consider suicide.

>I don't bother to read any comics other than the Big Two who produce cape comics.

Also.

>Capes are killing the creaitivity of comics. No one should be permitted to do anything creative with them.

Moore's a cunt who wrote some good books decades ago. He's been reduced to a raving lunatic with shitty books and would make even the biggest hipster blush at his counter culture tendencies.

>Fuck off Watchmen tards. It's boring arse pseduo-intellecutal masturbation. Like the awful rambling prog rock albums of the 70s.

now this gets it-

>Give me the punk rock artistic fire of Ennis' Preacher, Ellis' Authority, or Millar's Ultimates

nevermind...just kill yourself

>

Y'know, I'm not a huge admirer of Geoff Johns, but posts like this are exactly why I love Rebirth and it's meta point about Watchmen being the villain of the Dark Age.

To an extent. Not all superhero stories should be that.

Westerns didn't stop after Sergio Leone deconstructed the genre.

Cape comics won't stop just because Alan Moore did the same.

If watchmen had caused the end of capeshit i think allen moore would have killed himself.

Yeah, they all should've transitioned to fish rape comics after this.

Who'd win a fight?

Comedian or Ozymandias?

at their peaks?

>should of

This tells you everything you need to know about Watchmen fans. They're literally nothing but fedora autists.

I can't enjoy Watchmen. I mean, I'm sure it was revolutionary for it's time, but I feel like every point it tried to make has been made again since but much more effectively.

Expecting Watchmen to end the cape genre was just silly. If it was any good, it was just going to inspire more stories. That's kind of how fiction works.

I dont think moore wanted capes to die just for there to be some serious compition with capes.
Look at watchmen itself when capes died in watchmen they were just replaced by pirates he would not have been any happier with that situation.

Thing is its not watchmen thats to blame for comics getting grimdark it was writers missing the point.

The villan should have been somebody from outside both universes who was somehow inspired by the watchmen universe instead of the watchmen characters themselves.

Or alternatively it might just be i guess.

10/10 post

>audiences would've thought a giant alien dummy was too weird
But that was the point.
Admitidly i never noticed that was the point until you mentioned it but it took me just a few seconds to come to that conclusion.
Synder had weeks and a bunch of people who knew stuff about comics he could have consulted

>should of
Hello Rorschach.

Because people still wanna see there favoritr characters, and your a faggot

Fuk ya boi

Because Watchmen is overrated.

astro city is well loved because it is a return to the classic ideals of a superhero, rather than trying to one up a trend

superheros are a cycle not a liner progression, its best to enjoy things as they come, since we humans tire quickly of things and its best to revitalize interest every so often

the beauty of things is that they are different not the same, so be happy no one ever tried to do watchmen again

was there some reason nuclear war was considered inevitable or was that just a plot point to put conflict in there

fuck off alan

Casual cuck

being this retarded

I suppose you'd have to read it in the context of Cold War era America.

It still seems sort of ham fisted since we totally did get through the cold war without killing eachother

It was written during the Cold War, you dingus.

>preacher
Having an FX TV show is so punk rock

>cute girls doing cute things anime should have ended after k-on

>Mecha should have ended with Evangelion.
>Magical girls should have ended with Madoka.

>unforgiven should have been the last western

>Unforgiven
>Not Once upon a Time in the West

This is why Rebirth is important.

Watchmen should be destroyed.

>"we should move on from superheroes"
>goes on to write a comic that dredges up literary characters and treats them exactly like superheros

But they don't have costumes so it's okay.

>Watchmen should be destroyed.

It's objectively the worst, most damaging comic ever written.

Good thing user provided a citation, eh?

(You)

but then we wouldn't have had supreme

I'll do it for him :^)

morrison was the logical outcome of moore

>should of
Please don't trigger me like this.

A citation for the claim that Moore said "we should move on from superheroes" after Watchmen.

Well Oztmandias became basically unbeatable when combating ordinary people, he even caught a bullet, so him.