Holy shit this movie is terrifying. I hope this fucker is on a terrorist watch list now

holy shit this movie is terrifying. I hope this fucker is on a terrorist watch list now.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_2017
youtu.be/XoLUSK_hrAI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why?

What is it?

jesus camp

God do Americans really try to teach their kids god and morality and shit? Don't they know god doesn't exist and it's scientifically proven and people should just do whatever they want.

Looks like Jesus Camp.

Makes you good and leery of fundy christians. Like ISIS with a different coat of paint and less terrorism.

>ISIS
yep

Well you have to keep in mind that it's a documentary, so the director is always going to be looking to create some kind of narrative out of what is occurring which could have been fairly benign in reality.

Don't forget, this was back during the Bush years when atheism wasn't that popular yet and some were convinced that Bush was this paragon of Christian virtues.

>and it's scientifically proveb

um the chick flat out said she wants to train the kids to fight against islam like they do in the middle east

Fuck off, kike.

Fundie Christians are just boring and lazy, and they don't kill you when you stop going to church.

I think having your children participate in a 100% optional VBS for one week and dismembering people for disagreeing with you are a bit different, but maybe that's my crazy, non-atheist, non-Rick and Morty fan speaking.

>when atheism wasn't that popular yet

The only thing they did that was morally questionable was getting them politically involved in the abortion stuff. It's one thing to teach them that the Church believes abortion is wrong, it's another thing entirely to use the children as political props.

there are some fates worse than death

Given how Islam has invaded a lot of communities, I can't say I disagree with that sentiment.

Bush years were when Atheism became mega popular.

>it's scientifically proven
Umm no sweetie. There's no proof God doesn't exist. There's no proof a pink unicorn who shits lucky charms doesn't exist either. God is humanity's longest mystery and "the unknown" for a reason.

>teaching kids to murder is wrong
>somehow teaching kids murdering babies is wrong because its political

really makes me think

So what's your excuse? You sound like a "a trusted church official molested me in my younger years so that's proof God doesn't exist and Christans are all psychopaths" kind of neckbeard.

>less terrorism
That's quite the fucking understatement buddy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_2017

Go ahead and click through the rest of the incidents in 2017 alone and tell me if you notice a common thread tying most of them together.

You literally just ignored my post. Teaching them is fine. Having them strap tape to their mouths, drive to Washington and cry in public is exploitative. No child belongs at any political rally or event of any kind.

>Atheism
>Popular
I'm sorry, which belief system still makes up the majority of the world population?

>Implying you can murder something incapable of thought
Like saying you're commiting genocide every time you pull a scab off

its popular among idiotic millennials

youtu.be/XoLUSK_hrAI

A lot of kids from the camp have been interviewed since then and this one comments on how his mom was interviewed for the documentary and said:
>there are two kinds of people in the world, those that love god and people who don't

And they cut her off as she was finishing by saying:
>and they both deserve love and respect

SO yeah the movie seems like it probably was manipulating quite a bit to paint a grim portrait of what was happening.

Personally, I blame Rick and Morty.

christians don't want gays to get married and this is as equally evil as blowing up thousands of innocent lives and beheading atheist and nonbelievers

Depending on how you measure the Chinese, atheism might actually be the largest group. The problem is there's a lack of reliable records because in most countries you don't have to sign up to an 'atheist register'. Whereas the Catholic Church in particular uses dishonest and misleading methods like baptismal records and marriage records to inflate the estimated numbers of their believers. In reality there is no way to reliably count religious believers because it includes a wide spectrum of belief from die hard confessed fanatic, to culturally religious, to people who are still on church records but renounced belief years ago, or atheists who live in secret.

id rather christians kill me before I live in a christian state

Probably because it teeters the line of child abuse?

>muh false dilemma
>there are only extremes to religious brainwashing

>atheism is idiotic
When will this meme end?

No, really, were you molested by a priest in your younger years? Teaching your children Christian values is not the child abuse. Giving them beatings and berating them for blinking in a non-Christian way is, but the child will decide for themselves what they believe in eventually anyway.

Around the same time the "Christians are all twisted, bloodthirsty psychopaths, no exceptions" meme dies too.

>Like ISIS

I know this is a troll but I still raging a bit

BUT THE CRUSADES BRO

Stop worshipping invasive religions
Start worshipping Paganism again

its pretty much proven in every thread that atheist are brain dead kids that recite richard dawkins quotes and have no intelligence of their own

Why don't you watch the documentary, sweetie and see how extreme these parents get? Or fuck off if you aren't going to be honest with yourself about how toxic these parents are in this documentary.

What's funnier are that all these atheist would be on spikes if Christian nations weren't protecting their rights

Why don't you quote me where I said that, Mr. strawman.

Amazing thread about movies guys

Does she mean literally fight or does she mean spiritually fight?

>I am so insecure about my arguments that I have memed every atheist into a cartoon so I can pretend that no intelligent atheist exists or can challenge me.
Gee, never saw that before...

t. butthurt braindead atheist

America isn't a Christian nation, Cletus. But yeah, teehee so funny that atheists would be beheaded in third world nations. What a great argument.

If they physically and verbally assault their children, I'll believe it. I don't deny there are abusive Christian parents out there, but them being abusive doesn't center as much around their beliefs as much as it does them being mentally ill and unfit to be a parent. Saying "THESE CHRISTIANS DO THIS" is not that same as "ALL CHRISTIANS DO THIS".

I also watched this kino tonight after the documentary thread

>having chruch and state so close together you can pretty much pass anything as long as you make it about religion

how can the most powerful country be so fucking stupid

Just because there's a seperation of state and church doesn't mean you can't be a Christian country

>most powerful
>so fucking stupid
durr america so dumb that its so amazing and powerful

Feel free to actually have a discussion with me then, if your autism doesn't get in the way.

Here, I'll start: how do you feel about the fact that the Shroud of Turin doesn't predate to the Roman occupation of Israel era? Or how no current translation of the New Testament is an exact carry over from original scriptures written a little over a 100 years after Jesus's death?

That's literally what that means...

you confusing organized faith believers of a catholic church with ordinary religious believers of a god you braindead atheist

god you guys really need to stop drinking bleach and getting your panties in a twist everytime someone points out how stupid you are, you just end up making yourself look stupid

There being a lot of Christians that occupy our country, do not make our country a Christian nation. We are a secular society with freedom of religion. Theae is like, entry level, VenonfangX, teenager arguments.

I wanted to have a conversation regarding cited foundations of Christian theology and how basic scientific inquiries have made certain texts and iconography less transparent and less rooted in any historical fact or validity.

But fine, I guess you rather screech about bleach and not discuss anything meaningful about Christianity as a faith.

>people ask questions
>religiousfag gets triggered
every time

I hope someone told these kids that they aren't real christians

That's your assumption you braindead atheist, all non-atheist who believe in god believe in Christianity or a form or organized religion

Nobody is saying "all Christians", but this is a pattern of behavior found in fundie Christian communities. Watch the dochmentary, it will make you sick, how these parents use their children as political and religious tools for their own ends.

It is most definitely emotional abuse what they go through.

That's like me going, HURR DURR YOU BELIEVE IN GOD, HOW COME ALLAH RAPES LITTLE GIRLS THEN?

You aren't bringing up any points other than your own atheist talking points about how god is bad that you found on /r/atheism

There is in Australia.

Government runs mandatory census on citizens in which if you do not participate you're fined 180$ per day until submit

1800$ if you submit false information that compounds for each item falsified

why are you automatically an atheist if you can make the basic observation that religion is total bullshit? you could just like be a normal person who doesn't give a shit either way

>sweetie
the tumblrinas showed up early I see

As a christian I have seen this type of shit in most churches I have been to. Where I live this may even be the majority. This one is particularly extreme but there is a lot of shit like this out there. I don't go to church because I couldn't find any that wasn't like this.

>all non-atheist who believe in god believe in Christianity or a form or organized religion
That's quite a generalization but whatever, sure...so let's talk about the tenants of Christian belief, the Bible. Funny that no denomination can explicitly agree upon either a strict or allegorical interpretation, huh?

I'm trying to be patient with you and offer a discussion on the validity of these core belief structures and was using historical examples. Perhaps we could talk about conflicting passages between Matthew, Mark, Luke and John that help outline how the New Testament is less of a complete and cohesive vision and more of a collection of works that contradict esch other? How do you feel about what they did to the NT during Vatican 1 and 2? With changing key interpretations?

>You aren't bringing up any points
I just did, three times now. How do you grapple with literalism in Christian theology (a literalism you need in understanding as a Christian, the foundational messages and beliefs of the faith) given historical inaccuracies in both text and well-known examples of iconography? Like the Shroud?

what about treaty of tripoli?

>tell you that you are brain dead atheist who always assume a non-atheist is some christian or roman catholic or believes in organized religion
>proceeds to ignore you and go on to the next pseudo intellectual talking point about christianity he found on richard dawkins blogpost

its like talking to a brick wall with a fedora

>um the chick flat out said she wants to train the kids to fight against islam like they do in the middle east

and that is ... b-bad?

...what about it?

God is not real Morty

This thread is about Christianity, the documentary is about Christianity...

Half of the posters here are talking about. Christianity. But fine, let's talk about the merits of general belief if you prefer a broader approach: using evolutionary biology as a perspective, along with human societal development, what necessitates continued practice in believing in supernatural answers to replace mechanical answers we may already have or are going to have? Is there a threshold where faith becomes a detriment to progress? If so, why?

I like how you literally asked for a discussion, then got one but are actually mentally retarded so you flake.

Pretty funny desu

>MY religious extremism is better because it's not YOUR religious extremism.

>what necessitates continued practice in believing in supernatural answers to replace mechanical answers we may already have or are going to have?
>going to have

Yeah okay you idiot, science hasn't proven shit about god or the origin or meaning of life. And it will probably be a long time before it does. There is no threshold that faith becomes detriment to progress, the church has been responsible for preservation of art, literature and culture. If you want to look at what a society's modern culture looks like without faith you only need look to China.

>Yeah okay you idiot, science hasn't proven shit about god or the origin or meaning of life.
That isn't the question.

Fighting against Islam is a good thing. Islam sucks.

The question is why do people believe in the supernatural answers if science can prove it.

I'd given the answer, science will never be able to answer those questions fully you retard.

>There is no threshold that faith becomes detriment to progress
Extremist Islamic sects are not an example?
>the church has been responsible for preservation of art, literature and culture
So what? That's not an argument, neither are they the only ones to do so. The Chruch is also known for censorship and book burning...
>If you want to look at what a society's modern culture looks like without faith you only need look to China.
A global superpower we owe trillions of dollars to?

Regardless of that last strawman, China has a religious population of millions of Christians and Buddhists.

>Destroying cultural artifacts, mustering and raping is the same as disagreeing with you at what point abortion is acceptable.

Murdering*

I'll quote the question for you if you didn't follow:
>using evolutionary biology as a perspective, along with human societal development, what necessitates continued practice in believing in supernatural answers to replace mechanical answers we may already have or are going to have?
Example: rejecting Evolution and replacing it with creation myths.

>there is only one form of extremism
>I can't think of a single time Christians acted like this.
>muh false dilemmas to avoid criticizing Christians because they aren't literally Hitler.

So how comes only American Christians fo retarded shit like this?
I mean every christian I met in Europe is completely normal.

>>Destroying cultural artifacts, mustering and raping is the same as disagreeing with you at what point abortion is acceptable.

implying """"""""""""""benevolent"""""""""""""""" christian colonization and interfering in the guise of """"""freedumbs""""" doesn't exactly do this

Almost incoherent.

Are you illiterate?

Let me guess..
Muh event that happened hundreds of years ago to drive out hostile invaders?

After reading your response I did have a moment of doubt.

Unfortunately, no.

Yeah, extremist Islam sucks as an immediate issue and all religion is more or less a problem.

chritianity is objectively worst because even after eliminating local culture

white christians parasitize the unsuspecting country into funneling resources to themselves and putting up racist systems to paint the local population as inferior

Again why does that have to do with believing in god or not believing in god? The official catholic church recognizes evolution and many people who don't follow religion and believe in god believe in evolution. You have made this idiotic myth that somehow people who believe in god can not believe in science as well.

China has no culture and no soul. I suppose overworked factories and smog towns of grey are what you consider atheist paradise but they will no Sistine Chapel or Divine Comedies in their literature. All governments religious or non religious can resort to censorship and book burning book. Your global super power China is one example. The fact is Christianity

So you are a spineless liar who isn't really interested in a a real discussion?

Glad we figured that out.

>islamic extremists
>want to kill westerns, innocents, women, children

>christian "extremists"
>want to kill islamic extremists
you should just kill yourself for being such a little cuckold

You're trying way too hard.

has preserved much literature and knowledge through the dark ages when others were flinging shit at each other

Yes, all 5 times those poor dindu Christians went and slaughtered the people of Juraselam was all just to fight back the barbarian hordes of infants and women.