Dead Career General

>Although Dunst has been working for decades now, she says good roles for women remain scarce, and are divvied up between whomever is hot and bankable at the moment. “You’re almost better off being older,” she says, since Hollywood doesn’t know what to do with actresses in their mid-30s, who are past the point of “the young girl who’s just, like, beautiful and things are happening to her.” Dunst cares more about being in good projects than starring in not-good ones. “A lot of the choices I make are director-driven,” she says. “I’d rather do a tiny little whatever in a good film.”
nylon.com/articles/kirsten-dunst-nylon-september-cover

>Dunst discussed the new pressure for Hollywood women to be on social media. ‘You can get jobs based on your Instagram following these days. That’s insane’ she said, ‘but that’s why I have it now. As a man, you could get away with not having it. As a woman in this industry, I think you gotta do it now. It’s just part of the game.’
marieclaire.co.uk/entertainment/kirsten-dunst-marie-claire-july-511120

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/game-of-thrones-star-sophie-turner-says-she-got-role-due-to-social-media-following-2017-8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>waaahhh I make millions to look pretty
>waaahhhh people have to pay attention to me to have a job that's entirely based on people paying attention to ms

this two

she isn't coming off as cunty though, more just telling it like it is desu

Well yes.
Who want to look at old women? They are useless.
Not even young girls want to see old women in movies.

>old women
she's 30 something ...

Woman considered old past 30.

a talanted guy, but without lynch he is nothing

It must feel awful knowing your biggest role was in a comic-book franchise that was aired 15 years ago.

>why I can't I get roles playing 20 year olds when i'm 40

From other actresses I respect this more but from her I feel like it's kinda eh. Her role in spiderman was to stand there and look pretty and barely required any acting. If you do those roles you get those offers, and unfortunately those offers will go to whoever is young and pretty right now. There's plenty of actresses who are good, and do movies that require acting and giving a good performance, and they continue to get roles in those movies as they get older because they actually have something to offer.

But it's true that men have a simpler time of it all. Someone like chris hemsworth can do 10 roles that are "stand there and be handsome" and still get offers to do real roles.

he is orson

most of this seems like common knowledge but the only part which is complete bullshit is

>as a man you get away with not having it

which if she means instagram or social networking in general. only established actors who would get any role they wanted anyways can do that shit.

younger actors completely rely on social media and younger kids giving them relevance.

her complaint shouldn't be about being a woman or man, it should be her being middle aged woman who is unwilling to do anything that's not dramatic/artistic

maybe if she had more range and tried action, comedy, drama, adventure, horror, chick flicks. but if she only dignifies indie dramas as worthy of her presence then yeah she's pretty much fighting for the same roles as every quirky actress who thinks they too are artist.

granted in her youth she did a lot more of anything available, well that's why she was commercially successful. she should go lift some weights and ask DC or marvel for a role. but no she's probably going to keep vanishing, because of her "artistic pride", which is great, but movie stars aren't made on that stuff.

Why does Sup Forums hate women so much? Hell i get less pussy than a eunuch but still i don't hold any hatred against women.

>‘You can get jobs based on your Instagram following these days

any examples of this??

>complaining about a lack of good roles for women
Get the pen out and start writing then.
"Be the change you want to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi Rubba Bandhi

how is any of that hatred

Why is it hatred?
It is reality m8.

Women have expiration date and it is around 30.

Name one thing wrong with any of what those guys said

thing is she's admittedly turning down roles. you can't turn down shit and then ask why you're not mainstream. a lot of popular mainstream movies that give you that A list position aren't great. you need to do your shitty mainstream to pay the bills and then your art house to get awards.

The Paul brothers.

GoT actress, google it.

Reducing a woman's job just to "looking pretty" definitely reflects a deep-seated resentment of women.

>'Game of Thrones' star Sophie Turner says she beat out a 'far better actress' for a job because she has millions of social media followers
>"I auditioned for a project and it was between me and another girl who is a far better actress than I am, far better, but I had the followers, so I got the job," she said. "It's not right, but it is part of the movie industry now."

businessinsider.com/game-of-thrones-star-sophie-turner-says-she-got-role-due-to-social-media-following-2017-8

>not liking miles
Just go back to your gay board

they're actors, a lot of different movies just need both men and women to just stand there and look pretty.

not everything is the godfather, some roles such as mary jane just needed a pretty girl for him to save. if it was something like misery where you needed them to act really well then that's different.

I've always liked Kirsten Dunst. As a kid I would always self insert myself into Peter Parker and dream of kissing her upside down. Also she was wonderful in that dub of that Miyazaki film

This is actually a shame because Saiorse Ronan is a far better actress than Sophie Turner

Pretty sure they dubbed her lines in apoc. Because of her accent.