A couple years ago it was Breaking Bad

a couple years ago it was Breaking Bad

what would be the next big thing after Game of Thrones? the type of show people at work would talk about the next day

whatever reddit shit that gets popular

best faceapp pick i've seen

pickle rick haha

Westworld

Sneaky Pete.

xavier

they wanted Westworld for that, articles pushed it here like 'the new GoT'. But FX kicks HBO's butt everytime

Not Westworld

Maybe Preacher or American Gods? Maybe a Harry Potter tv show. Or maybe HBO will make a GOT prequel or adapt another relatively obscure property with a dedicated fanbase.

HBO pushing Westworld, but it's going to have to pick up some major steam and put out the next couple of seasons a little quicker.
Right now every network is probably rushing to put together something that will fill the GoT vacuum. If HBO is smart, they'll wait a few years to develop the next GoT series, which will likely be Robert's Rebellion (remember Ned and the fat king dude lol.)
CBS probably thinks Trek is it. AMC is probably okay with mediocrity. FX has plenty of good shows but none rise above the mustard for normies.
Like BB, it's going to have to be out of left field and it's going to have to come from traditional cable with streaming option availability. You won't see a Netflix show reach BB/GoT levels of normie popularity.

>Harry Potter tv show
I think you're looking a little too far into the future here, that shit wouldn't happen in at least 10 years.

Four GoT prequels are in development.

witcher series

rickamorty

none will succeed as much

Something crime or politics related.

I don't know anymore,man. In the age of Batman vs Superman and Disney buying Marvel,I think we will get Harry Potter series soon,especially seeing that GOT was a worldwide hit even though relatively unknown before. Now imagine the hype for a show set in Harry Potter universe.

Didn't amc try to fill the void with twd but that turned to shit after a couple seasons? And also use bcs and fear? I think the next big thing should be snowfall, it like most fx shows that's going to go more of the path of SOA. The next big show is hard to tell because no one know what the next big thing is going to be ya'know? Either way it's going to be some pseudo political bullshit like a trump sequel to house of cards

None of them will be about Rhaegar

What was it before Breaking Bad?
L O S T?
What about before that?

rome, sopranos, wire

>the type of show people at work would talk about the next day
that only happened with the second half of the last season of Breaking Bad

Sopranos maybe, not until season 4 though.
Normies didn't watch The Wire.
Can't speak for Rome.

So the 2020 election?

normies loved the wire

Everyone already forgot it existed

HBO has always been the top dog.

Preacher potentially, after how fucking great this season is. American Gods has a premium network that isnt HBO, unfortunately no for them.

Its most likely going to be Westworld, Preacher, and Better Call Saul helming the top 3 spots, with Fargo always there and Legion as a dark horse for Marvel. Walking Dead will always be there but even normies admit its dogshit nowadays.

Game of thrones is shit tier tho

And breaking bad wasn't?

wheel of cucks

how does that invalidate the op?

Survivor

Westworld still has time, it look Breaking Bad until like season 4 to really blow up

westworld is the most overrated thing I have ever seen

>boring as fuck
>not a single interesting plotline
>not a single good character
>hyped in every single internet portal as "amazing"
>you watch it and have no idea why you haven't dropped it after episode 1 or 2, hoping it'll get better
>it never does

>he didn't post in westworldthreads with his Sup Forums bros
Fucking sad lmao

Fargos done, user

Westworld is a fucking dissapointment

Probably that show about Black America being its own country.

This is a better answer.
Survivor --> Last 3 seasons of Sopranos --> LOST --> BB --> GOT.
Those are all the big shows since the turn of the century.

Ahahha do you think The Wire back then was a well-advertised show that normies watched and talked about at social gatherings?
Not in the slightest my dude

I really think American Gods has a shot,despite not being on HBO. There was a lot of marketing and people know about it. Westworld is a dud,no one is talking about it because they really overhyped it and they blew their wad in the first season. I mean robots take over,how do you take it from here?

Raeghar and his slutty sisters

Prison Break was very popular for a time. Sitcoms like Friends and Seinfeld were planetary popular before LOST