Is CPA

>is CPA
>does things only tax lawyers can do

Uh did anyone fucking proofread this shit?

Dr. Pavel, I'm CPA.

He could always have more than one qualification, you know

He skipped on a loan.

You don't get to bring legos

HE DIDN'T FILE SO GOOD

uhh he has more in common with einstein than a typical cpa. I'm pretty sure he could do thimgs a tax lawyer could do and even better

>tfw finishing your LLM in Tax Law

What am I in for bruhs?
Is it gonna be a shitty degree?

Don't worry no interests for them

THE BUDGET I JUST FILED WITH THE AGENCY LISTS ME, MY MEN, DR PAVEL HERE, BUT ONLY ONE OF YOU!
FIRST ONE TO SELL ME THIS PEN GETS TO STAY ON THE COMPANY!

and why would i list them as dependents?

they were trying to grab your prize...the collateral...

WRITING THIS PLANE OFF
WITH SUM OF YEARS DIGITS

Have we started a mortgage plan?

Or perhaps he's wondering why you would list an asset before deducting depreciation

You are a big business

uhhh you don't get to bring markers

You're going to help rich fucks avoid taxes all day and will end up hating yourself and your life.

You will also be hounded on phone by these ungrateful rich fucks who are mad at you for not getting them as low of a rate as their yachting club buddy got.

As a CPA I can tell you most people have no idea what a CPA is or does.

Is this the dawn of autistismkino?

So what is a CPA and what does a CPA do?

>implying most tax lawyers weren't CPAs first
Only a special kind of autist (CPAs in this case,) would go into law and would WANT to deal with numbers

CPA stands for Certified Public Accountant. Most start their careers working for the big 4 public accounting firms auditing large companies before going into corporate finance.

working for the big four and moving back and forth between your countries tax agency/various private institutes every two to five years for a pay raise. An okey life if it did not seem so boring. My friend did tax law at PWC, quit after two years, complaining it was too little law and too much being a "business consultant." make of that what you will.

>tfw Arthur Anderson is making a comeback even after all their scandals

FIRST ONE TO AUDIT THIS COMPANY GETS TO STAY IN MY FIRM.

Really? I remember an article about ARthur Anderson blowing up and reducing the big five to big four suddenly making the remaining firms much more profitable and reducing the competition. The bigs are going to fight any return to less profitable, more competition driven times.

I think the old partners are behind it so they mention they worked there at dinner parties again without being embarrassed. One the partners at my PwC office worked for them and always looked so self conscious when he mentioned it.

I'm a CPA in the audit practice at a big4 accounting firm. We pretty much just piss off the accounting departments of large corporations all day and make sure they didn't fuck anything up that quarter. The majority of CPAs are also in audit departments of big 4 firms. 90% of time is spent documenting how we audited each company to comply with our regulators 3% of time is spent actually auditing the company and 7% of time is spent trying to get the team agree on where to order dinner. Go get engineering degrees.

It's a good practice niche and you'll always have a job. I can't say whether you'll like the work because I'm in a totally different area, but if you were looking primarily for money and job prospects/stability you're in good shape.

From what I've heard, Arthur Anderson returning is going to hurt KPMG the most.

People can have multiple degrees and qualifications, you know

That's AA for you, their only purpose is to fuck shit up.
I would laugh my ass off if Enron somehow made a comeback too.

The AA return is just a meme no reputable company would risk losing investors because they decided to drop a Big4 for the firm that audited Fuckin Enron lol

>He didn't go into the advisory practice

You fucked up.

THE FORM I FILED WITH THE AGENCY LISTS SMEE

Does being a CPA really suck so much? That's kind of the career path I'm on right now.

Went to a shit-tier school so I took what I could get. After one busy season as a senior I'm out

They'll get clients from Grant and RSM (McGladrey) though, which will cut into mostly KPMG's growth.

>took three courses on accounting
>loved the first two and hated the third one
Kind of glad I'm not pursuing it anymore tbqh

The exam itself is actually pretty difficult and most of the shit you wind up doing is pretty awful. The pay isn't bad . I'm not really sure how safe the profession is from automation is though

>Does being a CPA really suck so much?

Yes.

based crossmeme poster

It'll never be automated

Only if you believe in morals and all that magic.

>I'm not really sure how safe the profession is from automation is though

It will never be automated. The very nature of auditing requires a human CPA to sign off on the numbers being valid. A computer program can't be sued.

That's what I'm thinking too there's a lot of shit you can't automate, especially with audit. As for private industry accounting, I think that's a different story

What do you mean?

>A computer program can't be sued.

...yet.

t. Lawyer

'accounting will be automated in 10 years' is my least favorite meme

Tech companies have endless money to lobby to make sure that never happens.

I think it's about as automatated as it's ever going to get

Fuck you.

based fpbp post poster