What do you think of Chuck Dixon's latest comics? I like this and Joe Frankenstein...

What do you think of Chuck Dixon's latest comics? I like this and Joe Frankenstein. I also heard his Clinton Cash comic is doing well. Do you think he could ever get another DC or Marvel job?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicsalliance.com/bane-creators-royalties-chuck-dixon/?trackback=tsmclip
brevoortformspring.tumblr.com/post/89256978568/is-chuck-dixon-blacklisted-by-marvel-as-he-claimed
thebatmanuniverse.net/chuck-dixon/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Isn't he blacklisted from both Marvel and DC?

I don't know. I think he hasn't worked at either company since the 90's. Someone here said he was fired because he's conservative

He left Marvel in the early 2000s, and DC in the late 2000s. Supposedly blacklisted for going full conservatard, or something.

>moral ambiguity in fiction is inherently liberal

What?

>I never take his reason that he was fired for being a conservative seriously, while EVS is an outspoken Trump supporter and is one of the biggest artists at DC.
>He led Batbooks for a long time that I don't think there should be any complaint about it being dark and morally ambiguous as he wrote Batman as an insufferable asshole.
>Superman was a lot less patriotic in the silver and bronze age where he was more Kryptonian than American and a honourable citizen of every UN country and a part of UN itself, and had to solve big scale problems around the world. It was Byrne's autism which depicted Krypton as a cold planet and Superman as sternly american and a local Metropolis hero.

Who are you quoting?

>Trump supporter
I thought you were better than this, Chuck.

The WSJ article.

>he wrote Batman as an insufferable asshole
What?

He definitely is, said so himself in some interview he did with Milo about Clinton Cash.

What did he do?

He says it's because of his political beliefs, but I guess he got into arguments with editors and important people about those politics, so naturally people don't want to work with him anymore.

Like this user said EVS is also a conservative and gets plenty of work in the industry. EVS probably keeps it to himself and doesn't butt heads with editors.

>EVS probably keeps it to himself and doesn't butt heads with editors.
Weird, I thought Dixon did the same. I mean, I never saw his DC books reflecting his ideology.

Not in the comics themselves, but in real life. Maybe he got into arguments with editors/publishers and now they don't want to work with him anymore.

That's the one about a storyline about AIDS not being right for children.

Is it? I don't remember.

Yes but he respect DC since he gets pay for bane. We always get a piece of what Bane makes. We’ll see money from this movie. They have graphs and charts to figure out how much based on how many lines of dialogue he has and how much he’s in the movie and how much impact he has on the story… I still talk to Licensing at DC. They still e-mail me and talk to me on the phone. We’re copacetic there. I can’t say a bad word about DC there. They’re very diligent about following up on that front.

Read More: Bane’s Co-Creator On ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ Royalties: ‘We’ll See Money From This Movie’ | comicsalliance.com/bane-creators-royalties-chuck-dixon/?trackback=tsmclip

>EVS probably keeps it to himself
EVS is an artist, not a writer (someone correct me if I'm wrong here)

He's an artist, yes, but he can talk and write too!

He was blacklisted from DC, Marvel, and Image (and rumor has it Dark Horse and several other publishers as well) for answering a question on the DC official forums about "why don't DC let feminist groups censor their comics" by saying something to the effect of "writers should be allowed to write what they want". He was IMMEDIATELY fired from DC and was blacklisted from the majority of the industry.

He is

Brevoort said they didn't blacklist him, but also said that no editor wants to work with him. So yeah, pretty much the same thing.

brevoortformspring.tumblr.com/post/89256978568/is-chuck-dixon-blacklisted-by-marvel-as-he-claimed

Brevoort said a couple years ago Dixon isn't blacklisted from Marvel but "his latest campaign", which I'm assuming was him going on fox news to tell about his blacklisting (which is why somebody asked if he were blacklisted), is something that will make editors uneasy about working with him.
Which makes sense considering why would an editor want to work with a writer that would lambast them so easily. DC went through that a couple years ago and their image among comic readers didn't recover until Rebirth, really.

Also Simone said EVS being the only open conservative is wrong and sad and I'm more inclined to believe her than somebody on Sup Forums

>Cuck Dixon

>says "writers should be allowed to write what they want"
>becomes a pariah
Bullshit.

lmao, Seeley said this on twitter and is just fine.
weak b8 m8

Isn't Edmondson a conservative too? He just finished working on Red Wolf.

Hell, Kot doesn't want to work at Marvel anymore because they keep him employed. It's clear that both Marvel and DC have conservative writers/artists, Dixon must've done something to piss them off.

>Isn't Edmondson a conservative too?
Yes.
>He just finished working on Red Wolf.
It was cancelled soon; I guess no one trusted the writer.

Or no one read the book.

As it turns out, writing a new season of Longmire but with a comic-book character in the lead role doesn't turn out a lot of viewers.

Crime genre books like that always fail.

It was cancelled because of the horrible sales, not because of the writer.

Marvel is not DC, they don't let comics that do poorly get 12 issues. Unless it's a critical darling like Vision or Squirrel Girl (even if you don't agree, it's a fact that outside of Sup Forums everyone felates the comic on review sites) or stars Carol Danvers, your poorly selling comic will get cancelled at 5-6 issues.

>Crime genre books always fail.
Ed Brubaker would like a word with you, user.

>Isn't Edmondson a conservative too?
Yes

>Dixon must've done something to piss them off.
Brevoort's answer makes me think he's probably like Byrne and some other comic veterans in that he's very... opinionated and loud. And by opinionated and loud I mean very open to bitching incessantly. And marvel especially doesn't want people talking bad about them, and I doubt DC does either considering they just went through it a couple years ago for a couple years, so editors are probably hesitant to calling him for a project when they can just get somebody else or somebody new.

Yeah, but Seeley is young and likes to write gay Dick; Dixon is old and hetero.

If only Steven Grant was that lucky too.

Yes, Brubaker and Rucka are the exceptions.

ALMOST always fail, then.

His forum avatar says something like "Dixon is a river to his people!". That's not Byrne tier ego, but ego in any case.

>a storyline about AIDS not being right for children

I wonder if it was Ostrander's The Spectre, the first story arc AIDS . I mean I'm pretty sure that came with a mature readers label

He's actually conservative. But is wrong. He was blacklisted at DC because he got crossways with Dan over RIP, the editorial treatment of his books. That's the official story.

He's definitely a Trump supporter. He might not be an old school bring back Jesus in school, think of the children conservative like Dixon, but he's definitely a conservative based on where he's putting his vote.

The unofficial story was he got McDuffie'd. Just before he was shit canned he was interviewed by a journalist. He was asked why he didn't have more gay characters and his position was Robin was a kids book and sexualizing a book targeted at teens wasn't good.

Important to note is he wrote Midnighter as well as Outsiders with openly gay characters and no problems.

>The unofficial story was he got McDuffie'd
I heard he had a lot of plans for Tim Drake that got thrown out by people higher up. I believe he wanted Tim to become the new Blue Beetle

>I believe he wanted Tim to become the new Blue Beetle

And? How is it bad to favor what forty percent of Americans do?

Simone is one of those people who realizes that the echo chamber is there. I think Batgirl was a wake up call.

Early '00 he planned to have a Tim Drake/Bruce split with Steph taking over as Robin was the rumor. BOP was introducing a Tim/Ted partnership. DC nixed that.

The guy is a professional. If he's told to write LGBT characters, he does.

>I believe he wanted Tim to become the new Blue Beetle
Interesting.

Idk how it makes him bad, but it definitely makes him a conservative.

>The guy is a professional. If he's told to write LGBT characters, he does.

And not every conservative is going to hate LGBT people.

There's a difference between the groupthink and what individuals actually think. This is something Sup Forums could remember every now and again.

Oh shut up. We're discussing comics here.

Literally up the post is the word conservetard.

And thinking LGBT issues don't belong in a book targeted at children isn't hate.

>Interesting.
Yeah it's easy to see Tim and Ted becoming friends. It would've given him something to do other that cross his arms and pout when Damien was introduced years later

And they are discussing an issue of comics, specifically content.

No, it's retardation, Drumpf : )

>Oh shut up. We're discussing comics here.

wew lad

All I was saying is that him being a conservative doesn't make him homophobic by default.

>And thinking LGBT issues don't belong in a book targeted at children isn't hate.

Well it depends on the issues, what's the context here?

>being a conservative doesn't make him homophobic by default
True. Conservatism is so gay, after all.

Part of the problem was Dan Didio didn't know what he wanted. He thought, "let's do a weekly series." DC's biggest writers make it work, but not how he pictured it. He gets upset and rewrites some of their work, after giving them the go ahead.

Dan doesn't really work like Joe Q, who likes big year long plans. There was no five year plan for the Nu52 or either crisis. Johns and Jim Lee's biggest contributions are when they force Dan to plan ahead.

I'm a liberal m8, so if you're trying to b8 me it's not really working.

I didn't realise walking across the aisle for a bit would stir up shitposting like this.

LGBT, children, or comics?

>I'm a liberal m8
Suuure you are.

You, Drumpf : )

Context was really the issue, wasn't it? Dixon isn't even Orson Card. But homophobic is a bit difficult to pin because not digging teh gay doesn't make you a phobe. Card's a homophobe, someone who was irrationally scared of homosexuals. BTW he got over it.

>he got over it.
He finally tasted cock and liked it? Good.

Are you under the impression that all gay people are liberal or something?

The face of the alt-right is a gay man, so I don't know what to tell you.

Meh, Rush Limbaugh's last book sold more than the number one comic. Jordan said it best, conservative buy sneakers too.

I mean honestly I haven't read much Dixon outside of his Nightwing, which like every other Nightwing solo run was dull as dishwater. It seemed to be a parade of assassins and not much else.

So I don't really know much about Dixon as a writer and what his tastes and likes are.

>trying to No True Scotsman me

TBU: How had the Bat-Offices changed in the transition from the Denny O’Neil days to after his retirement? Had that factored in any amount to your decision to leave your titles?

Chuck Dixon: They changed entirely. Denny’s retirement was the end of an era in comics. What replaced it was a clique system that morphed over years into something closer to Caligula’s court. Any interest in continuity or producing quality comics became secondary to shock value and deep cynicism.

I was out of favor with my main editor who made a case for firing me to anyone who would listen. The only reason he wasn’t successful was the fact that I had three titles that sold steady and in numbers close to one another. It was like this trio of titles that appeared near each other each month on Diamond’s 100. I guess the 7th floor feared they’d see a sales drop on those books when I left. And it wasn’t like readers were complaining.

But I couldn’t get anything else done. I had ideas for crossovers and such and got blocked over and over again. My time was over. When they refused, over and over again, to allow me to have Steph replace Tim as Robin for a six month arc, I knew my salad days as a creator for DC Comics were over.

Not content to having forced me out, my editor continued to work on my rep until, when new management took over DC, I was totally burned and blacklisted.

More like he figured out gay people weren't going to attack his church or his marriage. (Despite the best efforts of a small minority of radicals doing just that)

thebatmanuniverse.net/chuck-dixon/

As I said, conservatism is gay. Gay conservatives only suck Aryan cock.

>his marriage
Did he finally marry Ender? I always knew he liked them young...

>retirement was the end of an era in comics. What replaced it was a clique system that morphed over years into something closer to Caligula’s court. Any interest in continuity or producing quality comics became secondary to shock value and deep cynicism.
>Not content to having forced me out, my editor continued to work on my rep until, when new management took over DC, I was totally burned and blacklisted.
Just like post-Shooter Marvel. POTTERY

Why would you be a fag unless you want some liberal points?

He's an action writers who favors an old fashion feel. He's written war stories, Detective Comics. He basically created BOP, Spoiler, Bane, Conner Hawke, and some others. The episode Bullet for Bullock from BTAS was lifted from one of his 'Tec issues.

Ah alright. Yeah sure, there's a place for that cape comics along with everything else.

Why would you be a fag and support a party that wants to bring Muslims in your country? That's the better question.

>not wanting to be rammed by sexy Muslims
What kind of homo are you?

[citation needed]

It's called getting curbstomped and it's not something you want happening.

Dunno man, getting thrown off buildings is not exactly my fetish.

>The face of the alt-right is a gay man, so I don't know what to tell you.

The leader of the SA was a gay man. He got dealt with.
A self-loathing gay man is a perfect face for the alt-right.

Like always, the thread has gone into politics and shit like that.
So, to answer your question, all I've read is Winterworld and I liked it. Hope he makes more of it.

Does he have any ongoings? If so, what's worth pulling?

Because the only thing worth talking about is his politics

Nothing, he's the definition of a mediocre writer.

>it's only OK if they're white

ok. closing tab.