What was this film even going for?

What was this film even going for?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chair/Legends
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

your money

To be a prequel to A New Hope

/thread

I literally and figuratively cannot name any of those characters other than the girl and even that I'm not sure about

I don't even know why OP needed to make this thread
They aren't characters. They are action figures

i love Stair Wares
DARF VADER!

This isn't really a valid criticism because plenty of films don't mention character names frequently and nobody knocks off points for being unable to remember those. Rogue One just didn't mention any name besides Jyn Erso all that often.

RLM hated it so i did too.

Funny you mention that, Jenny Nicholson didn't like it and I agree with her.

Them hating RO is invalidated by them loving TFA which was just as bad if not worse.

>the chinese market
Stuff in a bunch of chink characters except Disney can't into interesting characters so all of Lucas' characters that had 2 seconds of screen time are more memorable than main characters in this installment.

>young people
Jyn like Rey and Kylo are hunger games tier actors made to appeal to young teens who will get into the franchise and insure future sales. Another Mary Sue made to appeal to anyone.

>toys
Lots of gimmicky shit and new vehicles. Although all of the vehicles are based off of Lucas' designs, just slightly modified to sell new toys.

meaning they shouldn't have existed at all

I don't hate it, I just can't even perceive what the purpose was. Like, what sort of tone are they trying to achieve? I can't remember much about any of these characters.

+Last 20 minutes or so were good
+Meme droid wasn't completely insufferable
+That few seconds of Vader
+Krennic was a good villain

-Horrible casting and characters
-Story that didn't even need to be told
-Apart from Scarif the entire film was bland forgettable shit
-Le meme ninja asian walking through gunfire without getting hit

I thought it was just plain dull.

The blind dude was awesome, don't even try to deny it.

No. This isn't a valid criticism because plenty of films don't mention character names frequently and nobody knocks off points for being unable to remember those.

it looked like he was just reading lines from paper with monotone voice, what else did he even do other than die? was I supposed to care?

- Insulting CGI actors

if you can't remember main cast's name after watching the flick then the makers have failed, it's useless to try to defend them

>the blind dude

Yet you don't know his name. hmm

Name the characters from Drive except for Standard Gabriel.

Because it was not stated a single time during the movie. It's something for the nerds who care about the EU to look up. It's Chirrut Îmwe, by the way.

I can't name characters of a movie I haven't seen

CGI Tarkin wasn't THAT bad CGI Leia looked really bad though

>hasn't seen Drive
So you don't have the right to give your opinion on film. I'm outta here, don't wanna share this thread with a fucking pleb.

Maybe i've just outgrown Star Wars, but the entire movie was a bore to me. Almost fell asleep waiting for it to end.

CGI Tarkin was impressive and (nearly) worked for me, but it was still completely unnecessary.
Just have an actor that kinda looks like him, some makeup and call him "Tarkin", just like every other movie did it in the past.

>WTF he hasn't seen every movie ever made? OPINION INVALID

The film would've been better if blind Asian guy (chirrut) escaped to the rebel flagship and was able to hand the chip to the other rebels. Perhaps he uses the force to resist vaders pull. Then Vader completey wrecks him and gloat tells him the force was not with him or some shit.

I thought the exact opposite. They never zoomed in on Leahs face like they did with Tarkin, and her face looked more natural due to her not having a very weathered and angular faced unlike Tarkin.

It would be 10 times more effective if you only saw Tarkins face indirectly, like angle the shot so we're only seeing his reflection on a widow or something. They always insist on going up close and personal whenever a studio uses CGI to replace an actor and it always look like a video game spliced in the movie.

mightve been the best fan service ever desu

keeps the fuccbois hooked as you feed them reboot after reboot

Where eagles dare with Stormtroopers instead of Nazi's

the vader stuff wasn't cool though, it was ridiculous and out of character. it was literally a fanfiction of vader

Like Krennics abusive dad

This, the story was already over at that point but they just added it so that people would come see it. Why didn't he just force grab the info thing he wanted?

>Just have an actor that kinda looks like him, some makeup and call him "Tarkin", just like every other movie did it in the past.
Yeah didn't they do this with Tarkin at the end of Revenge of the Sith? The shot was pretty zoomed out, but anyone who had ever seen the first Star Wars would have known who that was supposed to be.

Leia would have been even easier. All you have to do is get a brunette actress with the side buns (one of the most famous things from star wars) and the white dress and everyone would know who that was.

It certainly explains why he was so pissed at the start of ANH. Like he tears into Leia with the "YOU ARE A FUCKING LYING DIRTY SPY" thing because he literally just followed the ship with the plans.

Yeah I don't know how Leia could play that one off.

The purpose was to explain why the Death Star was so easy to blow up and how the Rebels got the plans because God forbid anything in the Star Wars universe be left unexplained. Same reason they're making that Han Solo prequel so they can explain everything about his life right up until the point he appeared in A New Hope.

When will we get movie about chairs?
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chair/Legends

To BTFO white men and Drumpf.

I was watching this jsut last night before moving out of my apartment. I made it about 40min before finally turning it off, packing up my PC and moving out. Utterly boring amd the main "actress" is just awful.

>group of terrorists are nonwhite
what did the jews mean by this

>we want the star wars audience

Great movie. Walking around in that sand city is probably my favorite Star Wars scene of all time. So many different ayys and customs all while showing that the empire are just some armed bullies everyone ignores, it's the closest Star Wars has ever gotten to feeling like a real thing instead of a fairytale.

The characters were great because they died. That way we don't have to pretend characters in Star Wars have depth or story arcs. Rey is stuck with us forever, like, fuck.

>The characters were great because they died. That way we don't have to pretend characters in Star Wars have depth or story arcs.
>rogue one fans actually think this is a positive

It's not. But it's not a negative.

Do I even have to point out which fucking movie had recurring fucknuggets everyone hates as a negative?

i got what i want tbqhwyf.

I'm pretty sure user meant the characters were all fucking forgettable, you autistic cum stain.

If it had been allowed to go darker it might have been better, but then the characters would still be the same so I can't be sure.

I really really want to watch this movie. That doesn't make me gay, right?