I want a television series where all the dialogue is sharp and everyone speaks in an artificially elevated manner...

I want a television series where all the dialogue is sharp and everyone speaks in an artificially elevated manner. No period series. Not Deadwood. No fantasy series. Not Hannibal.

Please

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uBohPAycB0w&ab_channel=MichaelPalmer&user=EthicsByDesign
youtu.be/MFi-phC_048
youtu.be/ZPHSXUS0_1c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rick & Morty

The West Wing

youtube.com/watch?v=uBohPAycB0w&ab_channel=MichaelPalmer&user=EthicsByDesign
Not sharp enough, seems overly verbose, I don't care for the subject matter, and I'm not interested in liberal propaganda. I appreciate the effort, though.
No.

The Parkview Pedo

>The Parkview Pedo
huh?

Gilmore Girls

>Gilmore Girls
I don't believe you.

Your loss.

Can you post a scene which exemplifies this sharp dialogue?

youtu.be/MFi-phC_048

This really isn't what I had in mind, at all, but I like the stilted, melodramatic delivery. I'll check our the series.

I can't really give a good description of what I wanted, but what would also interest me is a sitcom with the same elevated style of dialogue of something like Pride and Prejudice, (the BBC series), with the tone of 30 Rock, while in a modern setting. I doubt such a series exists.

Literally unironically this.

youtu.be/ZPHSXUS0_1c

What a waste of time your life is.

Literally, no. How the fuck would anything coming out of the character's mouths be considered "elevated?"

lel, fuck no.

lel, care to elaborate?

Your loss.

does VEEP count?

No.

I watched the first season of Reddit and Memey and stopped watching the second season when it was clear there was an immense drop in quality.

Mad Men
Breaking Bad
Empire

Your loss.

Why not? The impossibly witty dialogue seems "elevated" enough, and it is modern.

Do you even know what sharp dialogue is?

The first series that comes to mind is Yes Minister. That's almost too sharp. It qualifies, but I want something with a more engaging story.

>artificially elevated manner

elaborate

As in, nobody could really speak like that in real life. I had something more in mind like period dramas of Georgian stories, but those are more eloquent, than smart. The best example I can think of is Yes Minister, but want a series with a continuous narrative.

I think he means cyborgs who use linguistic AIs to improve their diction. Which is why no series listed has qualified.

smoke some weed and watch frasier

Red Dwarf

After watching some of the series, the story seems too soapy and mundane, and the dialogue isn't sharp or elevated enough.

jeez, its almost like its demographic is 13 year old girls

You realize writers stopped doing that because it sounds corny as shit, right? People only talk like that in musicals nowadays.

>smoke some weed
Is this suppose to lower my standards for dialogue, or is just a general piece of advice so I would relax more? I seriously don't know. Thanks, but I don't smoke.
>watch frasier
I've watched a couple of episodes and I don't see the appeal. It seems like a generic, yet somewhat pretentious sitcom. All the cleverness that people here rave about it for having seemed totally lacking in what I saw.

>I'm not interested in liberal propaganda
Then you should watch The West Wing.

Oh, sorry, I forgot you're retarded and see everything as black and white.

>it sounds corny as shit, right?
I think that depends on the context. Never when watching series that pull it off well do I think it's "corny." It doesn't, however, really work for stories that rely on "slice-of-life" stories, or more relateable humor.

>not deadwood
Luck
Carnivale
John From Cincinatti
Justified, I suppose

You like Guy Ritchie, don't you

he'll probably think of some bullshit excuse why he won't like any of those

>I forgot you're retarded
No problem.
>see everything as black and white.
I've seen enough of the The Newsroom to realize what the creator's shtick is. Also, while I realize it isn't that overt, what little I've seen of the series indicated it's liberal pandering.

>MUH SHARP DIALOGUE
>doesn't accurately explain what he wants

kek. I've actually never heard of any of them, which makes it harder for me to evaluate them.

Something like Yes Minster, but fewer gags, a more serious story, and a continuous narrative.
I know I'm not doing a good job, but I'm trying.

It's okay. You'll just watch a minute of something and decide it's not what you're looking for.

Do you really think I would watch an entire episode of each of those series? I am relying on the dialogue mostly, so I think I can pretty quickly determine whether a series is to my liking.

I could spend time trying to formulate why I don't consider it "sharp," but having "fuck," or "shit," in every sentence definitely keeps it from being elevated.

pushing daisies

>pushing daisies
This really isn't what I had in mind either, but this series seems really interesting, so I'll keep watching it. Thanks.

I'm actually really liking this series, and the dialogue in some ways is exactly what I wanted. Thanks a lot.

You are autistic.