Can anyone explain to me this culture of hate they're talking about...

Can anyone explain to me this culture of hate they're talking about? The internet is nowhere near as vitriolic as it was 10-15 years ago, mainly because of normies and social media.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/opal/opal/issues/941
telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/11732143/Sir-Tim-Hunt-deserved-to-lose-his-job-over-chauvinist-comments-Nobel-Prize-winner-says.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We are fighting, Kameraden.

The internet didn't become more hateful. People became bigger pussies.

Also

>(((Stein)))

Exactly.

>Stein

What did you expect from a Jew?

its what happens when we all dont reset our router at least once a week. The internet gets mad and makes stuff like tumblr and yik yak.

Oh no, it couldn't possibly be that people are misrepresenting the facts to push their agenda

The internet is mostly filled with opinions people would normally with old in public. They belive it is "hateful" because most of those opinions are not in line with theirs.

Classic bait and switch. They want the Internet to be a tightly-controlled SJW paradise, so they pretend that it is and complain that the real Internet is "invading" or some such bullshit. Same thing with the USA and whites--these kikes want it to be multiculti paradise, so whites be rayciss n shit if we want to keep our country for ourselves.

>we
fucking normies need to stop appropriating our culture rn like omg i cant even

The internet is dangerous. We better start censoring everything (curating information) to ensure that future generations are not exposed to hate. We can begin with these disgusting people who pretend that Sharia law is not beautiful.

i get this feeling like advertisers have had too big of a voice recently and sold the internet to the common person with this kind of "everyone gets their own planet" attitude and now people are upset it just isnt possible

There are more SJWs than there were 15 years ago, yes, but the cynical and hateful people are more hateful than they ever were before. It's clearly a reactionary response.

The problem is just the sheer amount of idiots there are in either camp. When you have people slinging insanely depraved insults at Leslie Jones, who is an unappealing and abrasive character, yes, but she could just as easily be ignored, these people are unable to do that, and as a result, the media see things in her favour. Of course they will. The left has a narrative of "being on the right side of history", and any reaction to their antics, be it a well reasoned response, or a shameless moron's trolling, serves only to reinforce the left's attitudes. It's an unfortunate feedback loop.

I think the biggest problem is the people who think of the internet in terms of social media only.

They either weren't around when Facebook, twitter, and even myspace were around, or that's literally all they knew of.

To so many people, these walled gardens of PC etiquette are what the internet is. Some either don't realize that places like Sup Forums or even some parts of reddit exist, or they do and willingly ignore them.

So when those places do seep out onto other places, they can't handle it, whereas people like us can.

Maybe I'm not traveling in the right circles, but I don't get anywhere near as many death threats as I used to way back when AOL chatrooms and IRC were the big things. I only get called a fag maybe a few times a year and I almost exclusively hang out here.

Again, this is anecdotal, but still.

I think the internet becoming more centralized has kind of kept people in their echochambers, with the "trolls" being people who cross post from various boards and forums.

Nail on the head m8.

This, also anyone who says the internet has been 'invaded by normies' is usually a 15-19 year old parroting others, because the internet has been mainstream as fuck since the mid 90s. Everyone had an AOL account, etc. Myspace pages. Etc. Jesus fuck, 2004-5 era Sup Forums was all normies by the newfag standards, we had jobs, we went outside, we were just outcasts. Now if you mention being employed, or being married, or any function of normal life, some moron parrots "lol NORMALFAGS LOL"

I blame /r9k/ and the truism that any group that pretends to be idiots will end up being invaded and replaced by idiots who think they found their true home

Most people are Pansy's and faggots and whither at the slightest criticism so they have turned to the Internet to feel important and safe, however those same things they fear in real life still exist on the Internet as the Internet is a personification of real life thoughts views and minds so the internet isn't as safe as they want it, but on the Internet they can attack and fight back and band together to try and stop it.

Basically it's a bunch of people with really thin skin. Any really really really aggressive hate speech on here or Twitter is either a joke ramped up x10 to purposefully offend the easily offended, or if people truly believe some of those fucked up things they're in the extreme minority. In any case it's fucking stupid and written by a corporate jew, what's to be expected

>Can anyone explain
It's pretty simple actually, pic related

>go to class in the morning
>go out and work an awkward 3-11 shift at the local box store
>chill out and booze on Sup Forums and Sup Forums for a few hours after work
I miss 04

If we go by sheer amount it's true, by intensity per capita it is not as bad as before.

Out of curiosity, is the article about internet lynching mobs that make campaigns so that people lose their jobs or are ostracized in some way if they have a different opinion?

Say, something like this:

github.com/opal/opal/issues/941

Or the witch hunt against Tim Hunt?

telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/11732143/Sir-Tim-Hunt-deserved-to-lose-his-job-over-chauvinist-comments-Nobel-Prize-winner-says.html

Or are they talking about the Sup Forums boogeyman that has the crime of disagreeing with mainstream media opinion?

I think it means people say mean things.