Why are there no action cartoons currently being made? Why is everything a slice of life show or a comedy...

Why are there no action cartoons currently being made? Why is everything a slice of life show or a comedy? Can't we get a show with some decent action?

Nope. Action cartoons are outdated in the new millenium.

Ninjago is an action show.
How to Train Your Dragon was an action show.
When those shows were current you still whined about there not being any action shows.
Maybe creators just aren't interested in making them at the moment?
>Ninjago doesn't count it wasn't dark and serious
Fuck off.

Voltron
Samurai Jack

Switch Adventure Time with Pickle and Peanut, bring down Bravest Warriors and Bee/Puppycat one tier. other than that, perfect taste.

Also, TMNT is action, and Nick is coming out with Mysticons next year.

>Bee and Puppycat High Tier

If you say so.

action requires animation

>Adventure Time
>Not Mid-tier

>MLP
>Not High tier

Either way this seems like a really old tier chart.

who are you quoting?

Your chart is full of shit, the only one on that list that is really top tier is MLP, Gravity Falls, Gumball, and Wander would be high tier, most everything else should be mid tier other than all AS and anime shows which are low tier along with Oddparents, Spongenigger, Bee Puppycunt, and Uncle Grandpa

Also Loud House would be high tier if it was included

And anyway to answer your question, action is simply out....same reason "serious" is out in general, people hate anything that takes itself seriously in the 2010s because it reminds them of the 90s where things were praised for being overly serious, "edgy", and even "grimdark"

It just is what it is, trends change and every generation of nitwits hates what came before them....it's why MCU is so beloved for being lighthearded and basically kids movies

Also, you're kind of an idiot because action shows in the timespan of all the shows you listed to exist/have existed, you apparently just didn't watch them

>Transformers Prime
>Transformers RID
>TMNT
>G.I Joe Renegades
>Beware The Batman

Seriously, stop being a fucking moron OP

Action cartoons came back in a blaze of glory, then got their very own bad end as most were canceled after one season
>Motorcity
>Sym Bionic Titan
>Tron: Uprising
>GL: TAS
>Spectacular Spider-Man got two, which is a mercy
etc.

But look on the bright side: Korra got four seasons.

Stopped reading at MLP. You're the fucking moron here.

>reads the first paragraph
>"Also Loud House would be high tier if it was included"
Typical

Plebeian white trash.

Loud House is one of the better shows on the air, yeah.

If you really feel like MLP should be top tier, WOY high tier, and UG low tier, I struggle to believe you've actually watched these shows.

Transformers: Robots in Disguise?
Voltron: Legendary Defender?
TMNT 2012?

RiD 2015 had the misfortune of being shifted into the Dead Zone

is this image trying to say something about Rick and Morty by including it in a list entirely comprised of shows geared towards children

If you don't agree with me then I think you haven't watched these shows.

But leave it to someone who apparently likes Uncle Grandpa to have shit taste. The show is the epitome of ugliness, unfunny, lack of tactfulness, and overall unpleasantness. The show looks and watches like a fucking pair of dirty crapped briefs smells like.

The line of what shows are geared towards nowadays has been blurred to the point of not existing anymore

Because no one's making actions figures anymore (other than toy companies wanting to cash in on preexisting franchises.)

No new action figures means no need for new action cartoons.

Isnt some new justice league shit out next month?

>top tier
>first logo

Discarded opinion

Way back in the 80's you had parents groups fighting against the evil corporations advertising to kids through toy based cartoons.

They even got a few laws passed, which got a little worse in the 90's. Action cartons are expensive and only draw hatred from parental groups.

Because they forgot how to make good ones. There hasn't been a good one since Generator Rex ended.

Exactly, Barney is never a good show.

They just aren't popular with kids anymore. If they sold they would make action cartoons.

Is Penn Zero really that good?

>implying

Yes. Well, it has a top tier premise and ok execution.

>MLP is le bad
nice you really fit in now user

Kids have shit taste

Well, Barney really isn't a good show.
I almost thought I could watch ironically, but then I tried watching A Pot Full of Sunshine and literally half of the episode was taken up by songs. In a 12-minute episode.

But isn't your precous SU also chock full of songs?

That makes no sense. Doesn't that just mean that video games, along with cartoon and movie tie in games, have just supplanted action figures as what kids spend their time playing with? Hasn't that been the case ever since the early 80s?

>great songs mostly by the talented and amazing Daniel Ingram that are better than anything even Disney has produced recently other than that one Frozen song, which has even been ripped off a couple times by Dan the Man and in some ways possibly made better
>Good characters who are likable, not a bunch of douchebags like in every other show
>An interesting and creative world for the most part and an actual story that progresses with dramatic moments at times that don't feel asspulled
>Uses classic cartoon humor in the sense that there are actual jokes and gags and a bit of slapstick, not "haha laugh cuz the arms are noodles" or "its randumb so its funny" or some shit
>good messages and with a dose of feminism that actually doesn't feel preachy

Yeah MLP sucks, I'd much rather watch shit like Uncle Grandpa or Spongebob

If someone mentions Barney when talking about forbidden horse show, dont reply

Good, sure. Better? No, not really.

You think MLP's blindingly bright palette and happy peppy constant talk of friendship is appealing, you have no right to shit talk UG.

Nigger I wasn't saying it was bad, I was saying it wasn't a Top Tier show.

nothin wrong with liking mlp but if you do you might as well admit that you'd equally enjoy franklin, care bears, the get-along gang, and p much any other cartoon aimed at preschool to lower elementary school-aged children

it's all pretty much the same type of show that's been made for decades

>Barney
>good songs
Yeah, even if they were, they get used so much that they hardly advance the plot.
>good characters
Stereotypical and one-dimensional, and they don't really have room for development since they get changed every few years.
>interesting and creative world
Yeah, Barney's imagination sure does seem quite delusional.
>classic cartoon humour
Yeah, nope.
>good messages
Yeah, if you're 3.

Franklin is top tier Barneyfag, fuck off with your shit taste

Its also sad because you watch the show more than any other person here

Premises don't mean for much

Cartoons are now aimed at teens, teens think action cartoon are childish and they settle with half assed emotional situations thinking they're mature. It's actually smart business, because the people who make the cartoons are pretty much as immature as the audience.

Clarence, however, it's an actually smart show.

Wait teens think think action cartoons are childish? I thought teens were the ones that were hyper obsessed with serialization, action, and drama.

>Yeah, even if they were, they get used so much that they hardly advance the plot.
Not really, it's not a song an episode show like say Sonic Underground, songs are used sometimes and that's good...it's a musical show but not one based on it, nothing wrong with that, the music is a big part of why I got into the show as a songwriter and singer myself.

>Stereotypical and one-dimensional, and they don't really have room for development since they get changed every few years.
What?

Ok, you're a white trash piece of shit, I'm not replying to the rest of your post. Enjoy your Uncle Grandpa you cheeto stained mongoloid, HAHA MEMES, REALISTIC FLYING TIGER GIRL....ITS FUNNY CAUSE ITS RANDOM LIKE THINGS ON THE INTERNET ARE, AND I FIND COMFORT IN UGLY ARTSTYLES BECAUSE MY LIFE IS UGLY AND SO AM I

>le MLP is Barney meem
Get real. It pretty much exclusively panders to the 20 something neckbeard brony these days. A few weeks ago there was an episode about fanfiction and fan conventions that referenced anime and had a dakimakura joke.

It was better and less cringeworthy to watch when it shot for the Barney target audience.

Stop replying to Barneyfag

That chart is autism incarnate

MLP has has pop culture references since very early, there are a lot of differences between the old eps and new ones but the whole "pandering to bronies" thing is complete and utter bullshit

And literally the only thing you could even compare to super young kids shows that isn't present now in the beginning were the every episode letters to Celestia, which pretty much are still present as every episode is summed up with a lesson, just not in the form of a letter to Celestia

As a show for kids it's probably got some of the highest production values and consistant quality of stuff currently airing if I'm being honest. Not saying that guy isn't a fucking idiot for some of the other shit he said or that the chart in OP isn't full of poor rankigs but purely in terms of rankings for quality as perceived by the target audience it probably deserves to be there

>Oh, you don't like Barney? You must like Uncle Grandpa then!
Actually, I think Over The Garden Wall is definitely a modern classic of animation, and We Bare Bears is pretty comfy as well.

>It pretty much exclusively panders to the 20 something neckbeard brony
Who all have the mindset of toddlers, so Barney's audience.

WHERE IS JOHNNY TEST THOUGH??

>there are actually people willing to defend Barney on this board
Did I stumble into an online nursery?

*whipcrack*

> Sup Forums - Comics & Cartoons

HUH, I WONDER

MLP is a kids show...so is Adventure Time and everything on CN, shut the fuck up

We Bare Bears is shit, MLP has a plot

The show is good, the fanbase is almost as cancerous as (you). That's why it has a containment board, not because of the quality of the actual product

fixed it

This thread is a Barneyfag false flag attempt, if you were smart you'd report it, not that I would do that

I know I'm supposed to stop replying to Barneyfag, but the show is more on par with say, Arthur or WordGirl.

And if you even begin to imply that either of those shows are anything less than 10/10 top tier masterpieces than you're more of a shitstain than I'd ever thought before

But also, stop replying to Barneyfag

>pgbc low tier

Son,

MLP's production values are nothing special and it doesn't really have much to show for animation compared to say, WOY. It had good music in the first two seasons, but it's been on a constant downward spiral. Let's be honest with ourselves, it's a 7/10 show that got big purely because of the novelty of having something watchable come out of the franchise, and because there was a lack of classic slice of life cartoons on the market at the time. But it has largely outstayed its welcome.

If this was Barneyfag, he'd spam the thread to oblivion by now. It's just some sad, mad user.

never wached the show.
almost everything nick now is unbearable

Except the former literally airs on networks that also air Barney and Friends. CN hasn't done that (at least not yet).

>MLP has a plot
Of course it has plot, you fap to it all the time.

Ok, I will admit that Arthur is pretty top-tier. Haven't watched a lot of Word Girl though. Barney is still fucking shit-tier.

Literally the only thing here that deserves low tier is Breadwinners.

Tell me isn't barneyfag

Also this isn't a reply to you, so don't treat it as one, barneyfag

I happened to catch it when it was still relatively new. It's alright, nothing special. Fun style that's very reminiscent of older Nick. Doesn't deserve low tier, but not something I'd go out of my way to recommend to someone.

>Except the former literally airs on networks that also air Barney and Friends.

No it doesn't, it airs on the network that airs Transformers and G.I. Joe

Nobody cares about your third world country, queer, only the US matters, you need to learn your fucking place

>Let's be honest with ourselves, it's a 7/10 show that got big purely because of the novelty of having something watchable come out of the franchise

Exactly this

how about now?

>WOY not in Top Tier
>Bee and Puppycat not in Mid Tier

You were so very close.......

Barney is animated now??

>not even 3/10 at best, 0/10 at worst
Sure smells like shit taste

I'm talking about MLP user, not NuPPG.

This is mostly good. I'd personally bump up FoP, Spongebob to high tier as of this season, and also Pickle and Peanut. But that's personal. This is a mostly fine list

Well, Top Tier needs more shows too and Clarence needs to get the hell off of there. Clarence is like a bad Harvey Beaks

It has better animation, humor, story, and characters than any shit meme show on CN

How does it feel to be stuck in a perpetual state of infantilism?
You still have that security blanket with you? I think you might need it if you lose your pacifier.

Underage detected

Stop replying to Barneyfag

I don't know. You're a fan of Uncle Grandpa, NuPPG and TTGO, so you tell me.

Don't insult UG like that you pleb

what, like dragon ball z?
have you went back and watched that garbage? i used to love that show but dear lord it does not hold up

ill take slice of life with hints of action over action with hints of slice of life

I didn't say I was a fan of any of those shows.
Closest you could say is nuPPG, but I merely watch it and have no opinion on it. I just kinda watch it because it's there.

i dont get it

Faggification of America.

But I watched both TF shows and BtB. The network literally put Beware out to die.

They are being made, you just arent looking in the right places.

Maybe if you watch expensive shows you should try actually watching them when they come out and buy the merch instead of downloading off MEGA and only buying fanmade body pillows

I'll take "Things you pulled out of your ass" for 500 Alex

want expensive shows*

Well Samurai Jack is coming back later this year. As for other cartoons, I think the new Voltron show on Netflix is an action cartoon

There are tons of Marvel action shows on Disney XD that Sup Forums never talks about. They may be bad but they exist.

They don't count because they are trash

>clarence good
It's accurately describing your childhoods and you have an orgasm everytime you say "HAHA I USED TO DO THAT TOO", but that doesn't mean it's good, well-written, funny, or interesting

There's a very recent trend of attempting to get an international audience in every market to multiple changes in demographics over the last few decades that all point to americans consuming less and less media that was popular in the past.

One of these is that american children for the most part do not really watch cartoons anymore, the bulk of them just play videogames and watch youtubers. A big part of this is because videogames are more personal than cartoons and immerse kids in a fantasy world that doesn't have a limit of involvement like cartoons do, and most of the media doesn't treat them like babies. The thing cartoon executives don't get is that kids flock to anything with the veneer of maturity and absolutely despise anything overtly kid friendly. That kind of media only really works with very young children, and to be honest most of that media is just very transparent money laundering.

So in attempting to market to international audiences they're trying to keep things safe by only really greenlighting purely family oriented content with very little risk in terms of content and just a wee twinge of multiculturalism thrown in. Most channels couldn't give less of a fuck about Timmy from the suburbs playing call of duty, they want kids like Karim from India and Juanito from Brazil because those are the only people technologically behind enough to still want to watch television in general, and they're more numerous than american children.

The thing these executives don't seem to realize is that these are kids from parts of the world where people still make ultra violent terminator knockoffs and are culturally closer to the 80s and the late 90s in terms of sensibilities. There's a reason dragonball z was ridiculously successful in these kinds of places.

(Cont.)

The most likely scenario for these kid media companies is that they'll either die outright, shift focus into a subsidiary Aimed mainly at a foreign demographic, or shift all focus to a purely online presence and into multimedia projects (which seems most likely for cn).

What you're sing is actually avery interesting and unprecedented time where not only does a society slowly shift all of its workforce to foreign places, but eventually even the media shifts to those places. Eventually there will be very little traditional content aimed at american. Instead, what will happen is that americans will mostly be entertained by niche products and highly technological oriented content, and the rest of the world will likely fall back a couple of generations and subsist off a downgrade of media that is, commercially, outdated in the west. If it does reach that point, we are likely to see a boom of independent producers and media makers filling the niche in the market that wants good animation. And with the Hollywood system currently getting closer and closer to outright blowing itself up, were very likely to run into a situation similar to Japan post world war, where nobody could really afford high end live action costs and so resorted to animation. As the main form of film making. However, we will still likely see many independent film makers make due simply because the technology has propagated a lot since those days.

There is going to be a very large shift in culture throughout the next two decades, and we are likely going to see the end of the traditional studio system and a move towards globalized independent media aimed at everybody and nobody, with every niche thst could possibly be being filled by people funded through niche manufactorum items and companies as well as crowdsourcing. Its already happening with youtube and all the people shilling loot crate and begging for patreon bux.

(Cont.)

The end result, I theorize, is not a demonetization of media, but something very close to it where the sources of revenue are very eclectic and ethereal to the normal consumer. I believe in 30 years time there may be grounds for there to be an animation golden age for all of these things to allign.

However, I believe this system will only last a decade before it is killed by the upcoming oil crash that will leave the world in an unprecedented economic crisis. When the time comes that trucks cant get the gas to deliver food to supermarkets, most of the west will likely have a wake up call that investing so much capital into things that don't really exist may have been a huge mistake. At which point, one of two things may happen.

This bubble will pop as most focus in the job market will go towards local manufactoring and agriculture and a boom in alternative transportation, and we will likely revert to pseudo feudal populations where only the wealthy can afford to partake in dedicated entertainment.

Or

The bubble will work in tangent with these new alternative transportation methods and and agricultural markets as a method of promotion. What will likely happen is thst still, vast swathes of artists will go out of work and only the successful will make it and be able to get paid by food chains to make their content. However, there may be a shift towards more local media focused on community, as at this time, outside of the internet, very large groups of people will be disconnected from one another. Also what's likely is that small towns will suddenly have huge new population booms as cities would become unsustainable without the oil needed to import produce. So you'd likely have less places like new York or California where they're huge artist hubs, and a whole lot more online interaction being needed to get into any industry. We may even see studios run from basements. Which begs the question, will nepotism get worse or better on an online market?

In summary, action cartoons are likely to come back once the market adapts, but I'd only hold out for one very magical decade before it goes to shit. We're probably going to have a massive videogame crash too, and Hollywood might not exist even five years from now.

So yeah, keep things in perspective, and pay attention to the oil as well as food industries as well as the evolution of globalism decaying into new feudalist nationalism, shit is gonna get crazy.