Why do people get so triggered by laws against Holocaust denialism?

They insist that it's the matter of freedom of speech, but the only people who really deny the Holocaust and try to mitigate it's severity history are usually neo-nazis and alt-righters or white supremacists.
So who cares if they're the ones getting jailed? Serves them right.

Other urls found in this thread:

dw.com/en/german-neo-nazi-lawyer-sentenced-for-denying-holocaust/a-3058271
youtube.com/watch?v=DFrJF-noN7A
holocaustcontroversies.blogspot.com.ar/2017/06/debunking-david-coles-auschwitz-video.html?m=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>hungary defending poland
I didnt expect anything else
>ywn see polish-hungarian commonwealth

because Poland is using those laws to put the blame on Germany

I agree. I think we should make it illegal to question anything that the state tells us to believe in.

>what's the point of principals
dumb steppegoblin

questioning something =/= claiming it didn't happen

Well, most people just know that there is something terribly wrong with a topic that many cunts prohibit discussing.

It's counter productive. It turns neo-nazis into martyrs for freedom of speech.

um, no sweetie. also, even questioning it is illegal in germany.
in fact, there was recently a case where a LAWYER in germany was scentanced to jail for defending his holocuast denying client!
lmao

The problem is the state can make it illegal to say that something that really didn't happen didn't happen. That is what is wrong with state censorship on a fundamental level. As to OP what is more of a problem is that any investigation in to the holocaust is also illegal. Truth does not fear investigation, so why make it against the law? Why not fund investigations so the truth is made clear for everyone to see? This is not to deny anything but rather to lay those denials to rest.

This.

Source or gtfo

>Literally get so triggered you have to ban people from having opinions/asking questions and throw them into jails if they have opinions regardless
>"Nooo ur the triggered one not me"!

Hello shlomo

Holocaust deniers are trump supporters and white christians.

dw.com/en/german-neo-nazi-lawyer-sentenced-for-denying-holocaust/a-3058271

>Stolz made the remarks in 2006 while representing "historian" Ernst Zündel, who was handed a five-year prison term in Germany last February for repeatedly disputing the Holocaust as a historical fact.

> while representing

also, to my knoweldge, stolz isn't a neo nazi, but you germans gotta drum it up so the public will get onboard.
imagine a LAWYER being prosecuted for arguing the holocaust was false when her CLIENT is being charged with that.

uh, I wasn't specifically referring to Poland, but yeah, Polish people suffered a great deal because of Nazis. I'm uncertain how much they cooperated with them.. I mean we in Hungary were very...eager to assist.
So. But we hadn't had death camps, and people aren't denying the fact that we did help them. A lot.

It's not the state that tells you that but history.

>It turns neo-nazis into martyrs for freedom of speech.
Even freedom of speech has its limits. Hate speech. Inciting people against a particular group. Let us not pretend Holocaust deniers are connoisseurs and studiers of history. Most of them barely even finished elementary school. It's not like we're talking about a debate amongst professors and scholars.

>what is more of a problem is that any investigation in to the holocaust is also illegal.
>why not fund investigations so the truth is made clear for everyone to see?
It's not illegal. And what is there to investigate? We have documents, records, photos and videos. The truth is clear for everyone to see, except those who can't accept facts that differ from their worldview.

>It's not the state that tells you that but history.
no, it's literally the state. lol nice orwellian double speak, though.

>Even freedom of speech has its limits. Hate speech.
there should be no limit to speech.

>Let us not pretend Holocaust deniers are connoisseurs and studiers of history.

what about the jewish holocaust denier, david cole? youtube.com/watch?v=DFrJF-noN7A

>It's not like we're talking about a debate amongst professors and scholars.
but if that was the case, it would be better for the official narrative. that's not the case, though. it is a scholarly debate.

>The 44-year-old also signed a motion during Zündel's trial with "Heil Hitler" and shouted that the lay judges deserved the death penalty for "offering succour to the enemy"
She wasn't sentenced because she was defending a holocaust denier, she was sentenced because of the public death threats you fucking idiot, you didn't even read the article, did you?

holocaustcontroversies.blogspot.com.ar/2017/06/debunking-david-coles-auschwitz-video.html?m=1

Because laws don't exist for a groups ethnic interest, there is nothing unlawful about claiming that a German government didn't kill Jews, now begin to tell me how forcing a political narrative is lawful, democratic and free.

There are no laws against gravity denial or hungarian deaths in war denial there is nothing unjust about investigating a claim.

Holodomor denial is illegal in Ukraine, what do you make of that?

>Mentions freedom of speech
>"People with opinions I don't like should just go to jail lmao"
Apparently the idea that whole truths can be hidden doesn't exist in you mind

Is this backwards mindset common in Hungary or is this guy just a Jew on a really cheap holiday? I don't personally care about deniers and the holocaust in general, but to want to punish people for their opinion or vehemently deny the process of fact cheeking is just ridiculous.

You can deny gravity doesn't exist, you can deny air exists, why would denying some allegations of crimes be illegal?

Just simply, I think when Polish ask people about Poland, Polish don't want people to said " Holocaust " or "gas chamber".
Especially Polish tourism industry has a lot of damage.

what the fucks the holodomor? nothing should be off limits.

If Holocaust denial laws are to be taken as proof of it not being real, why couldn't the same logic be applied to the Holodomor's denial being illegal in Ukraine?
I've yet to hear a Holocaust denier applying that logic to both events.

I dont know, I kinda like freedom of speech.

anyway, my main problem with the german law for it is that it's specifically about the holocaust, not about other genocides.
for example, our government didnt officially recognize the armenian genocide until very recently, out of fear of angering turkey.
hypocritical cowards

Poland literally did nothing wrong

i think people who are for free speech are against both. what's your point?
i don't think anyones ever heard of the holodomor though.

The only limit to free speech should be the ''yelling fire at a crowded theatre'' type of limit

The only reason for holocaust denial laws are for because it benefits Jews economically and politically, do we make laws because it benefits Jews?

You can deny that millions of whites were kilked in ww2, I don't care because the evidences are there and I have no economical or political stake in the matter, the very basis of holocaust denial laws are Jewish economical interests.

None of us get propaganda ans books fir dead family members in wars and such.

And the only reason to use the state to use force to enforce the holocaust is because it can't be proven.

It's a matter of principle. If you have laws limiting freedom of speech you do not have freedom of speech. Holocaust denial is an issue that can be resolved by proper historical education, not by penalizing it. Penalization leads to nowhere

This.

Could you give me a source to one person who claims things along the lines of "the truth doesn't fear investigation, it was a holohoax" that denies the Holodomor by using that same logic?

>There are no laws against gravity denial
Looking at the state of your country, it's education, and how many Americans deny evolution, believe in flat earth, vaccines that cause autism and a whole host of other retardations maybe there should be. But only in your country. Others don't really need it.

You're talking about freedom of speech as an absolute, when it is not. I fail to see how not penalizing Holocaust denialism benefits anyone but neo-nazis and their ilk.
And the rise of the far right, and muslim extremism in Europe is the direct result of being so liberal with freedom of speech. Western Europe allowed ISIS members and radicals to preach their shit, and look where that got them. So how are neo-nazis different? We all know what would happen if they could have their way. Oh, except them, because apparently the holocaust didn't happen :^)

>but the only people who really deny the Holocaust and try to mitigate it's severity history are usually neo-nazis and alt-righters or white supremacists.
>only certain people have the right of freedom of speech
That's very progressive of you! You should be proud to be so open minded.

Assuming that you are intelectually honest and you apply the same standards of evidence for the millions of whites killed in WWII and the Holocaust, I infer that the former is asserted by some type of evidence that the latter lacks, right?
So what is it? What type of reliable evidence is there for the millions of whites killed in WWII which the Holocaust lacks?

>You're talking about freedom of speech as an absolute, when it is not.
But freedom of speech is absolute. You cannot say "I'm free to say anything I want unless it's...", cause the two parts contradict each other.
Freedom of speech implies that dumbasses who do not know better and have shit opinions are also allowed to voice it. If only a certain group with certain beliefs can voice their opinions it's not freedom of speech.

>I fail to see how not penalizing Holocaust denialism benefits anyone but neo-nazis and their ilk.
It's actually the other way around. Holocaust deniers thrive in places where it's penalized because they feel threatened. If it was undeniable objective truth why ban saying it didn't happen? Why out of all the fucking things you can say that are bannable only negating the holocaust is forbidden? You're not fined/jailed for saying Viktor Orban is a shapeshifting lizard are you?

He never said anything about causality, just that it's immoral to have investigation be illegal just because of the subject.

>Freedom of speech implies that dumbasses who do not know better and have shit opinions are also allowed to voice it.
I agree that harmless idiots should be able to say shit opinions. But it's not just them. And what do you achieve with that?
But freedom of speech can be harmful. Just look at anti-vaxxers, and shit like homeopathy and how many people died because of them and their activity. Or extremists. Certain ideas are dangerous, that's just a fact of life. Forgive me if I place reason and public safety above ideals and morons.

>It's actually the other way around. Holocaust deniers thrive in places where it's penalized because they feel threatened
I'm pretty sure that's not true
>You're not fined/jailed for saying Viktor Orban is a shapeshifting lizard are you?
That's slander, and we have defamation laws, so yes I would.

If you're interpretting I'm assuming that he establishes a causal relation, perhaps I expressed myself rather poorly, my bad. I meant as a rethorical question if that's what made you think I assumed that. I didn't conclude that he believed that, that's why I asked him what he made of that law in Ukraine.

>But freedom of speech can be harmful.
Then ban it. But don't say you're a free person afterwards, because you are not.

>Forgive me if I place reason and public safety above ideals and morons.
Can you elaborate how exactly a bunch of morons with swastika patches on their leather trenchcoats threatens public safety?

>reason
I think we just established that you're not a very reasonable person.

why are you so butthurt all the time?
the meme died out already after few days of kvetching

>tfw saying "polish death camp" gets you interned in a polish death camp

Triggered because WHAT ELSE ARE YOU NOT ALLOWED TO SAY?!?!?

People can say the earth is flat, that mass shootings did not happen, we did not land on the moon etc...

because they think the holocaust numbers are largely inflated and the people creating the laws and false history are jewish
western people are a very brainwash-y attitude towards it. if you mention negative to them there brains shut off and tell you that you sound alike hitler and any other propaganda they recall

this, to be honest

>I kinda like freedom of speech.
only after Ivan Pizdonov BTFO'd you, historically Germans have asiatic hive mind mentality

individuals have the right to be a wrong