Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/watching-the-river-flow-for-heroes-con/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> bedt

illiterate

sh-shut up

>bedt
Off to a great start there, user.

Your grimdark weeb waifu sucks, btw. Leave her in the '90s where she belongs.

I'm currently reading No Man's Land just to see her origin.

Fuck me, this better be worth it. I've just finished Road to No Man's Land after getting through Cataclysm and Aftershocks, and it's all been a bit shit so far.

You're the reason I can't say Cass is the best Batgirl without being called a waifufag you piece of shit.

You could technically skip Cataclysm since there's only a few good issues/stories.

But she is, even if you are a waifufag it's a FACT.

Babs was never as capable as a non-rookie robin
Steph was terrible (but that was her charm).

Cass was great in universe, and she also had great interactions with bruce that forced him not only to be a father, a guide and a teacher, but an actual loving dad.

No Man's Land is okayish but there's a lot of shit and a lot of tie ins.

That was the peak of how fucking big the Batfamily was. I think everyone who was part of the Batfamily was tied in except maybe Nightwing. Then again I never went out of my way to read Nightwing.

>Steph was terrible (but that was her charm).

No, there's nothing charming about incompetence when you have people depending on you.

Nightwing was tied into No Man's Land. He took on KGBeast and Lock-Up to take back Blackgate Prison.

She and OP were made for each other.

She was best when she stopped being mute, too bad Dixon or someone went full retard on her

It was Kelley Puckett who ruined her when he ,add the telepath story that fixes her mind.

>Please help my book not to die
(:^)

But Dixon made her evil

Then they retconned it to Deathstroke's brainwashing.

Wasn't Dixon, it was Adam Beechen.

>skipping best boy

And? They handed her over to Beechen TWICE after he fucked her up worse than Dixon.

>It was Kelley Puckett who ruined her
He was the one who created her. That story arc was a bit of a mess, but it was obviously becoming increasingly difficult to write mute Cassandra.
Dixon never did anything wrong to Cass.

TWICE.

user it was four times. FOUR TIMES. Each appearance written by Beechen burned into my mind.

> Dixon never did anything wrong to Cass.

Exactly. He brought the character back to normalcy and began an all-too brief friendship with Katana.

Cause well.. he rage quit over DC basically fucking all the set-up he was putting in this and Robin.

I only remember Dragon Lady and RETCON Drugs.

What is that Naruto shit Deathstroke is doing in panels 1 and 2?

Also, I hope to fuck that Dick isn't knocking out over-eager allies while they are lying on the ground when fighting Deathstroke the fucking Terminator. They need all the help they can get against that guy.

Basically the four times are these. The ones NO ONE should ever read unless they want PAIN.

> Robin #148-151 (OYL, with #152 dealing with the "fallout" aka Bruce shrugs Cass off as a child with ISSUES).
> Teen Titans #43-46

Started by Geoff Johns, then co-written by Beechen. Then Johns abandons ship at the end and Beechen writes alone. RETCON drugs.

> Robin #160-162

Right during when Titans East is going on we've got this arc. We're supposedly to think this is a prelude to Titans East. It's not. The story takes place after. So yes. Cass even off drugs is still.. EVIL! It's only after she kills a criminal who was so smart Tim couldn't get any evidence and was okay with this dude getting murdered that snapped her out of the EVILNESS.

> Batgirl V. 2 #1-6

Just when Chuck Dixon puts all the goodwill back in, ignores most of the fucking stupidity, and had given a fill-in arc prepared for Tec that featured Cass before RAGE QUIT happened. We get Beechen for the final time and he finishes the job.

He's just standing there. Letting all the Teen Titans past and present rush him and he still wins. Thanks to Inertia.

Deathstroke was disgustingly strong for the most part after Identity Crisis. I sometimes wonder if Slade's role in Cass's heel turn after Infinite Crisis was DC editorial's revenge for showing up their favorite villain.

Cass NEEDS TO GET FUCKED

By who?

For the love of god, stop making it Tim. That shit is sad and pathetic.

tell me its nor a perfect ship

It was Adam Beechen working on orders from Pete Tomasi who was told to make her more edgy by Dan Didio.

You can thank Bat editorial for that.

Tomasi for listen to Didio and later quitting himself after it got too much

And then Mike Marts deciding to suck Morrison's dick by having all the books line up with Batman RIP and then later Batman & Robin.

And your reasoning via this is?

Via Tim and Stephanie? I can live with that.

Actually Johns abandons ship in the middle. The last issue he did was the one with art by Daniel apparently ragequitting over issues with the artist.

There is also the one shit guess appearance in Supergirl by Joe Kelly with Cass trying to kill her.

>I sometimes wonder if Slade's role in Cass's heel turn after Infinite Crisis was DC editorial's revenge for showing up their favorite villain.

More like Johns or Beechen trying to salvage the character. Johns reputation back then was unfucking up characters other people had messed up.

Dan Didio actually repeatedly tried to explain the entire his reasoning behind this shitty ass decision and defending the story back when it exploded in Bat editorial's face. And it wasn't even about Beechen's reasoning or editorial's, but actually why HE did it.

Yes, I know about the Supergirl one but that was written by Kelly and not Beechen.

Link?

I just remember him throwing Beechen under the bus at conventions.

No man's land is pretty fantastic. But for awhile it shook up the status quo. So you'll probably hate it. It barely even has The Jokester.

>cbr.com/watching-the-river-flow-for-heroes-con/

I only have this. But it's the reasoning he repeatedly used across several con appearances in 2006, but unfortunately newsarama deleted a lot of their intverviews and reports from that era.

Of course Rama did. They culled their back log of stories when they got bought out. I'm still amazed they didn't cull the podcast that was part of their sister group that had the Chuck Dixon interview talking about his numerous plans one of which included Cassandra.

How is she grimdark?

Just shows that the user doesn't know what they were talking about when suggesting she is grimdark.

>le super strong cute autistic asian that can beat everyone thanks to her super autism but is actually a little girl inside who needs to be loved

She was shit out of the most generic manga/anime I could think of

Maybe it's the death wish aspect that made up her first character arc.
>And then somewhere on the way back to my office I had this crazy vision of a new Batgirl. She was young–late teens, I thought–and Asian, because, well, at the time we had an awful lotta white faces in the DCU, and I thought, if we’re creating a brand new character in the DCU, why on earth would we make her white when other races are under-represented? And in my vision, she was cheerful and chipper and always up and good-natured and she had a complete and total death wish.

>This did not seem like a good idea. In fact, it didn’t seem to even make any sense. But it wouldn’t go away.

>So I called Kelley Puckett. And I said, “Hey, new Batgirl. Young–late teens, I think–and Asian. And cheerful and chipper and always up and good natured and she has a complete and total death wish.”
>“But,” he replied reasonably, “that doesn’t even make any sense.”
>“I know.”
>“That’s completely contradictory.”
>“I know.”
>“How…how is that supposed to work?”
>“Got me,” I said. “And it’s not my problem anymore. It’s yours. Go!”
>I’m pretty sure I could hear him, after we hung up, clear on the other side of the continent, still saying how stupid this idea in particular, and editors in general, were.
>The next day he called. “I know how to do it,” he said.
>And as we all know, he did.

My favorite thing Dixon did with Cass is minor, but early on in her history. Its when Tim meets her for the first time and he's scared shitless of her.

Dixon also was the one who established the friendship she had with Stephanie. So yeah, he did a lot of good. I loved that Tim scared shitless of Cass was a recurring theme that extended all the way till Tim teamed up with her in her ongoing.

terrible
OP's pic is pinnacle

Nice thumbnail

Why not post best Batgirl instead?

I always wanted a merging of her costume with Gordon's. Finally got someone to do it for me.

By Batman, if Babs can do it - Cass can totally do it.

So you got a larger of this one?

That I do

I just reverse image search with google to get larger images

rare cass

> Deathstroke's expression n each of those panels.
Wilson is fucking great.

artist?

There's a signature there dumbass.

Bart Allen as Impulse.

Kelley Puckett wrote both those comics you are referring to. IIRC, Dixon only wrote 2 issues of Batgirl v1.

Damian Scott also did that one story in his Solo one shot where he paired up Tim/Cass together in the future post-Bruce. Of course even back then it read a little bit heavy handed SJW/BLM sjw-ish.

Cassfags are cancer

Damnit, I need to pick up crime fighting. When is our world getting a cross over with DC?

Grant Morrison is working on it.

user they'll never know. These kids these days. Only into that ching chong wong dong chinese chick shit. She is the best and always will be. Peace out senpai.

I pity the poor fuckers who only know the Iconic Batgirl.

I'll always be grateful to Psu and his/her Cassboner

This character either looks great or awful. No inbetween.

Weird.

Cass still is alive in Tec, other Bat characters with potential got forgotten forever

I miss him.

Cassandra's book was cancelled ten years ago and isn't coming back (:^)

Cass knocked Nyssa when she a leading the League of Assassins.

BTFO

I-I like both.

Literally who?

>Cass still is alive in Tec

In name only, really. They discarded everything about her.

Yeah Cass.

>Batman Incorporated

You read comics?

This, honestly i'm okay with Tim and company fucking off until a better staff takes over.

So do I. Just Cass a tiny more.

DC's treatment of Cass is nothing sort of motherfucking disgusting and they just don't seem to know how to fucking stop themselves. Even in Rebirth, an event that's explicitly about setting things back to their "right" state, they have her running around as a third stringer's sidekick with an entirely different backstory and no trace of her real self left.

It's just fucking garbage. Cass is the best female character they have by a million miles. The only comics I deemed worth buying for real money were Watchmen, DKR and the three first Cass trades. My sister doesn't even know of any DC characters except Batman, Superman and her. And they just shit and shit and shit on her for TEN YEARS and they're still doing it. I've long since moved from anger to apathy mixed with infinite disgust for DC.

Yeah Tim, you seemed a little friendly with Jean-Paul when you were helping "train" him before Knightfall started.

Bat Fist?