New Sup Forums Trek thread, because the last one was so fun

New Sup Forums Trek thread, because the last one was so fun

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=thoQ_XLOUyc
youtube.com/watch?v=rVHR0UPHERQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This will be a fine thread as long as no Spoon-heads shitpost.

Go to bed O'Brien.

Bajoran pls go

I enjoy the repetition of it.

>hair draped over the ears

Why is that so hot?

Damar was the best. He gave everything for his beloved Cardassia.

Darmok and jalad at tanagra.

Darmok on the ocean.

Glistening in the dark at 10,000 K.

Quick rank Damar, Garak and Dukat from best to worst Cardassian boy

Damar > Garak > Dukat.

Remember when Dukat was a Romulan?

Remember when Sarek was a Romulan?

>The animated ST Final Frontier will never be a thing

i've only seen TOS and finally planned for TNG this year. just not around to it yet....

Comfiest uniforms, reporting in.

don't forget TAS you pleb

i am sprinkling it in but it doesn't seem as like urgent as live action.... and more episodic which is probably bs

How are the IDW comics?

Pretty good. The Q/Ds9 story arc was fun. Even had a cameo from Picard and the Enterprise E.

Why are Nazi episodes the best?

Why were there so many?

Lucien is best boy.

Those are the sexy uniforms

comfy space pajamas. truly the uniform of an enlightened utopian society if i ever saw one.

The TMP costumes looked comfy too, even if they were hideous

10/10 would defend in court

WIZARD court

Honestly, the TMP uniforms have grown on me a lot over the years. Kind of a lifeless color palate compared to the classic division colors, but maybe more appropriate for the non-military nature of Starfleet than the reds that followed.

That episode was like crack fic given form.

They're kinda weird, and I understand why they're derided so much but yeah, they've grown on me too. Feel like they narrowly missed the mark of something iconic and smart by a couple questionable design choices. I rather like the color scheme even.

The admiral's uniform at least looked great, and I was happy to see a nod to it in ID.

>Star Swingers

Shakka, when the walls fell.

>Feel like they narrowly missed the mark of something iconic and smart by a couple questionable design choices.

Agreed. If all the uniforms had better color balance and contrasting similar to Kirk's, they could have rivaled TNG's uniforms in terms of stylishness.

>They're kinda weird

They're Seventies, I'll give them that. They're kind of the leisure suit of Star Trek uniforms. If they'd used them again in TWoK, they'd probably seem hopelessly passe to the eyes of 1982. But the TOS uniforms were very Sixties in their own way - the shift from the original blue & tan uniforms in the pilots to the richer Gold/Red/Blue uniforms in the show proper was at the behest of NBC, whose parent company at the time was RCA, and they wanted bright colors to sell color TVs.

>dat v-neck on McCoy

But Starfleet is the military

Starfleet isn't a military

Wasn't most of the animated series? And why do the novels based on the first series (like Uhura's Song) read like novelized chakat stories minus chakats?

They are the Federation's armed forces

This is what always confused me about Star Trek. Doesn't help that the new movies obfuscate the point further.

Did anyone ever read that one where Uhura decided to protect some space seals that were being hunted because their tears turned into valuable diamonds?

Or the one where Uhura's Starfleet Academy best friend was a catgirl, who got sick with a plague so they had to go to the original catperson planet (the ones in the Federation were an offshoot race), go through a ritual to become considered catpeople adults, then find a cure?

Or the one where the Klingons and the Enterprise are trying to convince a dilithium-rich planet to join them, so the people of the planet decide to just humiliate everyone, make recordings, and blackmail both crews into saying that the planet is neutral? Complete with a free-for-all pie fight at the end?

McCoy at the beginning of TMP is amazing

If anything, they're the military and then some. They do things exactly like the military, from ranks to punishments (court martial = military court). They're a military that doesn't want to be CALLED a military.

goddamn, that belly

They're an armed, uniformed service, but they're really not supposed to be a "military". One could argue that's a matter of semantics, but it was important to Roddenberry.

The second one is Uhura's Song, which I mentioned. Yes, I only read it cuz of the cat chicks

Their tears of sorrow, yeah I read it

They're an armed, uniformed service with a rigid command structure, authorized to fight and kill, and they wage wars.

If they're not military, then what are they? Mercenaries?

Sure, but when is he ever not?

Roddenberry was a total wanker to be honest

>If they're not military, then what are they? Mercenaries?

If I were to try and describe them, it would be a weird combination between the Coast Guard (which straddles the boundary line between military and law enforcement) and NOAA/NASA.

How's does this work?
Did the star trek crew go back in time?

Necron pops up and ends the DCU, the Lanterns are thrown into the Star Trek universe and start up their fucking war all over again.

That specific one sucked.

The Legion/Star Trek crossover wasn't fantastic either.

No, the DCU died and the lanterns end up stuck in the Trek universe

True but the beard and the medallion and the disco hippy look were just beautiful

O'Brien had a hard life

feelsbadman

youtube.com/watch?v=thoQ_XLOUyc

that was endearing. but also a little haunting with how old it looked and felt. enterprise blowing up at the very end was a nice touch.

Nonsense! Every shitpost I make is for the greater glory of Cardassia! And if you spineless scum have to be triggered, so much the better. All that matters is Cardassia. I love my homeland. That's what justifies my actions, that's what gives me my strength.

>when the frontier pushes back

Nothing justifies shitting up an entire thread

What you call shitting up a thread, I call a days work

My Dad sent me an email a few days ago on the Fiftieth Anniversary. He had been a fan during the original broadcast and had even written into the network to save the show from cancellation. He remarked how crazy it is to him that this now happened fifty years ago. It made me think about the stuff that I watch now, and what it might mean to me in fifty years.

>No saucer

Heresy!

Don't talk to me about that newfag! He was good for nothing! He used to cover his eyes and weep like a woman because he couldn't bear to see the shitposting!

youtube.com/watch?v=rVHR0UPHERQ

Rand is my waifu.

That hair must have been a three man job.

If we're talking waifus.

I regret nothing

XBox consoles are the new wave, man.

>Rand
>not M'Ress

What would have Picard done? Would the Alpha Quadrant have lost?

>tfw hair fetish

This'll never be a real show.

>long hair kes

No thank you!

That was hilarious.