LASERBEAK, RATBAT, BEAST BOX, EJECT EJECT EJECT

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cXt078379o8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Soundwave, no! Think of the children!

Did someone say Soundwave thread?

AFFIRMATIVE

most powerful G1 transformer coming through

Kind of a pet peeve, but I don't like that the comic writers never write Soundwave's dialogue to be read in his cartoon voice. By which I mean he just speaks the same as anyone else, rather than obviously speaking in monotone, which you could actually do in a comic if you tried.

Soundwave superior
Shockwave inferior

Why should they?
He didn't speak like that in the older comics.

ILLOGICAL!!

>TF vs GI Joe made them brothers

I kinda liked that.

SPECULATIVE: All other Decepticons are faggots except I, Shockwave.
CONCLUSIVE: I'm a Big Guy.

Rumble,Frenzy,Ravage, Ratbat, Overkill eject.
Operation kick that cyclops's ass

>SoundWAVE
>ShockWAVE

The Wave Brothers

Heh, like King of the Hill.

"Ya hear what those whacky Wave Brothers did this time?"

Are there any more members of the Wave family?

Yeah, I liked that it more than I thought I would, especially with the prose story addition. Clever way to show both of the characters' emotional and logic-minded depictions.

Soundwave's cassettes are his kids, so Shockwave is their uncle, too.

Hold it right there! With this smaller version of my gun form that I made killing time in Cybertron, I now have two guns! And with my unlimited precision I can easily dispatch your cronies.

There are others with Wave in their name but don't seem to be related.

>Shockwave has to baby and pet sit while Soundwave is off at a DJ Convention.

Their inbred, hick cousin Tidal Wave.

Haha Yes.

TIDAL WAVE!

And Heat Wave, who enrolled in firefighting academy because he was ashamed of his family and wanted out.

Behold. I shall call him "New Soundwave"

Is the poor guy still spitting out cassettes? That's kind of pathetic. At least give him some CD's so he's kind of relevant.

But cassettes dont scratch up like inferior cds. Also, they look cooler.

I like that Soundwave is pretty much the only competent Decepticon in the show, barring Megatron.

>Cassettes look cooler.
Um, no. Since you are worried about scratching discs in a robot bay, wouldn't the cassette tape unspool and make a big tangled mess when the smaller robot comes out?

I can see this being an actual thing in canon. Hell, Starscream even once called them Soundwaves "deranged children" in IDWs run.

>tfw Ravage ded
>tfw Ratbat ded
>fuck Ratbat
>tfw you're only left with two birds that pretend to be two old guys from Muppets and two guys who bail moment odds are against their favor

I mean, he still has Rumble and Frenzy but they're not his og family like the animals were.
That being said, they're probably going to be PISSED when they find out he's Primes new sidekick.

>the two best casettes died
YOUVE GOTTA BE FUCKING SHITTING ME

RB/FR

Ratbat was an awful person IDW so nobody cared when he died but Ravages death was a terrible blow to the heart, man. Especially Soundwaves, who felt it from light years away.

>not liking ratbat
Are you fucking retarded? Hes a rat, and a bat.

I figured they already know since they're around Earth. Unless I'm mixing up things.
Ratbat got whacked by Arcee back when Bumblebee was ruler of Cybertron, Ravage died recently, killed by Tarn.

I'm in desperate need of Ratbat saying "Don't fuck with this Senator" and other Armstrong lines.

>I figured they already know since they're around Earth.
They just got out of the water and haven't seen the raised Metrotitan yet (which convinced Soundwave of Primes legitimacy) so I don't think they're okay with the situation just yet. The moment Prime and company even reached the embassy, Sentinel Prime arrived and fucked everything up.

Their 80's pop-synth keyboard brother Nu-Wave

Oh, right. They're there but not close enough to see Soundwave hanging out with Optimus.
I totally expect FUCK YOU, DAD moment.
Unless Arcee is there, then they'll just grumble in corner.

Pat Lee always draws Transformers like they are sitting on invisible chairs

Are you saying rumble and frenzy wanna fuck arcee?

I distinctly remember Soundwave being tossed around like a ragdoll at least 50% of the time on that show. First thing that comes to mind is that episode where one of the Insecticons tried to kidnap him.

He did get fucked up a lot, that's the nature of being a villain in a show like that, but unlike most of the other Decepticons he wasn't a goddamn idiot. He didn't blow plans because he was stupid, like a lot of the Decepticons did.

They are scared of her. As they should be. Is an elegant killing machine.

Rumble and Frenzy are deathly afraid of Arcee.
There hasn't been a single moment in IDW where all three have been on panel at the same time and she hasn't kicked their ass. The only exception was under water and were on the same team, both kids agreed to just " hide behind these rocks and let her do all the work so she doesn't hurt us." .

>Pat Lee draws everyone in a slav squat

What makes it even worse is that Soundwave and Optimus seem to genuinely like each other now which makes it even worse for Rumble and Frenzy to witness.

Not exactly the same situation but it's like watching that teacher you hated more than anything in elementary school hit on your single mom.

It doesn't count if they don't hold beer, senpai.

That's because Soundwave, Onslaught, and Shockwave were the only smart Decepticons.

Someone needs to commission Pat Lee and make it happen.

That blue racer Autobot, what's his name. Mirage? He's already blue like tracksuit, and he can squat in front of his bar.

>Mirage
I think you mean Blurr but yes.
Either that or get some group of Decepticons since they're all living in the slums and drinking on the streets.

What does Pat Lee do these days? I'd imagine IDW would want nothing to do with him.

I think he just posts art on Instagram.

Last I checked up on him he was drawing lots of Batman.

Instead of paying him for commissions you should give you the money

What? When? Where?

*He should

I love this commercial so much

youtube.com/watch?v=cXt078379o8

Blurr, yes. Mirage is that Autobot/Decepticon/Autobot dreamer.
>Soundwave has idea for robot utopia
>Galvatron goes with him
>Soundwave wants to live with everyone in peace and prove to everyone his way is just and violence is idiocy
>Galvatron is... well, Galvatron and wants to kill everyone everywhere
>Optimus, Arcee and Soundwave kill Galvatron
>oh, meanwhile Optimus claimed Earth to be under his protection
And now, Optimus and Soundwave are bestest buds.

Blaster not black?

TRIGGERED

Optimus blackmailed Soundwave into submission and forced the poor guy to join him. They quickly bonded and now Soundwave is his sidekick/mascot/waifu.

Because trying to update the cassette's alt modes to more modern forms leads to disaster most of the time.

Hey guys, where's my thread?

Hey Mirage has a bar now too, it could be either one

Fuck you Blaster, you sided with Getaway.

Traitors don't get thre... Oh wait too late.

I like how Soundwave has became a legit good guy who understands that all life forms have right to live as equals and even has began to respect Optimus, who made him understand that. And how Optimus has became more determined. Still noble, but does not fuck around with his enemies anymore.

But I miss Shockwave a lot. He is a rare case of being both stronger and smarter than his boss but falling in line to further his cold calculated, heartless goals. Also, his original suave persona was cool as fuck. I want senator Shockwave to make a comeback so Optimus has both Waves at his side while Megs has to deal with Rodimus' and Ultra Magnus' bullshit.

>why my everything hurt?

Pat Lees art has worse problems than that.

Traitorous B-listers don't get threads.

>Also, his original suave persona was cool as fuck. I want senator Shockwave to make a comeback so Optimus has both Waves at his side
This.
Shockwave was such a good character and I want him to return as his senator persona since the shadowplay diminished after he nearly wrecked the universe. The interactions would be interesting between the trio, especially in regards to Soundwave who always hated Shockwave yet the senator was one of the only people, if not the only person in general, making an effort to hide and protect outlier outcasts from the Senate's grasp that and he also believed in equality for all.

NO WAY!!

TWO CAN PLAY!!

SIC 'EM!!!

TR Ravage was such a fucking disaster.
Who let this pass?

>Traitors don't get thre... Oh wait too late
What traitor has gotten a thread?

Its almost like he does it deliberately.

Was done that way so the former cassette bots can fit inside the TR Blaster and Soundwave toys like the cassettes used to, and for some reason they were also adamant about the toys being triple changers so a third mode had to be forced in there too. The only ones that made it out okay are Eject/Rewind as their robot modes still look like robots.

How do you even manage this?
Don't people normally jot down the body and where everythings going to be before they whip out the hand in perspective?

I didn't grow up on G1, but man Ravage showing up in season 2 was hype as fuck.He's been one of my favorite Decepticons ever since. All his forms look like something from a heavy metal album cover.

Adding a third modes was such a bad idea. Rewind turned out fantastic but Jesus christ, why would you even try to make Ravage a jet?

Shockwave was not only responsible for half the shit happening in IDW (and still is, since ORE-13 made a comeback recently with Sentinel), including the start of Orion's transition into Optimus and jumpstarting Megatron's war machine, but actually had a strong character arc that portrayed him as a manipulator, a hero, a victim, a supervillain and a villain redeemed. He is right there with OP and Megs when it comes to importance for the overarching story. Plus, he is the coolest looking TF in history.

I'm just making a joke about Soundwave

IDWs run is basically all Shockwaves doings. Dude, even the dark universe creeping into their world is his doing.

Hopefully someone drags him out of that singularity.

You know, I ceased reading the comics in his robotic G1 voice. Now I imagine his voice speech more natural and fluid but still with that vocoder effect, also younger.

Always the coward, Soundwave!
Why is Devastation so perfect, Sup Forums?

This asshole.

Say what you want, Laserdorf and Statsaw are brilliant.

It should totally be their new characterization in any new TF show.

It's depressing to go from the early days of Combiner Wars into this current shitshow of a toyline that is Titans Return.

Excuse me, the TR toys have been great so far.

Barring the beast cassettes and Skullcruncher's hips, that is.

Hardhead is GOAT

TR isn't bad, just quite a few REALLY bad misses.
Hardhead, Skullcruncher, Blaster, Brainstorm, and Blurr are Godly toys.

Agreed.
Then again, it's currently their only characterization. They've always just been bland evil henchmen #1 and #2.

Wasnt he chuuni?
Why does Soundwave have no bad incarnations?

I honestly liked how the IDW comic just went beyond the generic Autobots vs Decepticons good vs evil formula and we have Megatron as an autobot, Soundwave still a Decepticon but working with Optimus, Starscream as the ruler of Cybertron, villanous Autobots, etc....

It tried something new and I'm enjoying it a lot.

>I honestly liked how the IDW comic just went beyond the generic Autobots vs Decepticons good vs evil formula
This.
Agreed. IDW is honestly a fun time and has been interesting. It's a world in which the war is over and now everyone has to figure out where the hell they belong in it. It also goes out of its way to show that Deceptions aren't all evil.

Reminder these guys don't deserve to wear the Autobot symbol

BOOOOO

>all those filthy B-list characters
They were desperate for screentime and had to kill off the fan favorites.