Explain why RnM is bas WITHOUT mentioning,inferring, or implying Reddit ONCE

Explain why RnM is bas WITHOUT mentioning,inferring, or implying Reddit ONCE.

Ill wait

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MhpkLe8kdcE
twitter.com/RickandMorty
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's literally 9gag the show

jews

>2 episodes where all they do is watch tv
>an episode where they do the most cliche thing in sci fi, shrink themselves and inject themselves into a human body

because you suck dicks

Female writers

Dumb cowardly mobile poster

What's bas?

name 83 other sci fis where they do this

*burp*

The comedy is extremely formulaic, the show also preaches with a condescending attitude meant only to jerk off its overwhelmingly liberal audience.
Remember that scene in Avengers when Cap says "There's only one God"? R&M is that level of cringe but for atheists.

Only Morty was shrunk.
Rick observed.

where my /picklebros/ at xD

>tfw same user snipes me as a cowaedly mobile poster for the second time in a week
Spooky

>tfw to intelligent for most this board save for the RnM viewers

The first season was good, second was seriously hit and miss and now it just isn't funny
>What's wrong with this comedy show
It just isn't funny

It uses irony as a crutch instead of saying anything really funny or meaningful. It's philosophical junk food, toxic candy that is rotting the brains and souls of those who ingest it.

>an episode where they do cliche thing

...that's literally EVERY episode. It is a show about sci-fi cliches.
Was this really the only episode you noticed was a reference to a movie?
Hell, in the Purge episode, they directly talk about the fact that they are referencing the Purge movies.

Based mods have finally started deleting that garbage on sight.

Don't open your Sup Forums app tomorrow

Reddit

It's hit-or-miss. I can't think of more than 3 episodes where both the A and B plots are good. Like Community, Season 1 was consistently good, Season 2 was hit-or-miss but had a couple great episodes, and Season 3 will be the last hurrah. After this it will turn to shit.

The bad episodes and cringey bad though (Interdimensional cable, Schwifty, Mr. Poopybutthole). Nearly unwatchable a second time.

based redditposter

It's the perfect show for the generation raised on Family Guy.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Rick and Morty when it's being a sci-fi comedy. When it tries to be "deep" or "nihilistic", that's when the cringe comes because it handles those subjects so poorly.

>>intelligent
>>cartoon

wow, you really belive this?

Too much emphasis on edge, dark humor and shock value rather than good writing so it's appeal is limited and short lived. I got into it and thought it was pretty funny for about 2 months, then I just got tired of it because I realized there was no reason to ever re watch it. Rick and Morty is to Futurama as a paper towel is to a regular towel.

Holy shit guys, don't cut yourselves on all that edge.

RnM is literally the best western animation ever, and one of the best animations world wide. Could it be a lot better? Of course. Is it cringy as fuck at times? Yes. Is there a less cringy animation? Absolutely not.

It's okay to like something that reddit/9gag likes guys. Just tell yourself that you appreciate and understand it better, if you want to satisfy your egos.

Or read a book if you want real art, tv is generally shit, RnM is just the least shit.

It's worse than Family Guy because it and it's viewers are participating in the charade that it's saying something meaningful

Also the voice acting is lazy and uninspired. Literally any guy can do a decent Rick or Morty impression.

That was just the most egregious example I could remember

>RnM is literally the best western animation ever
Stop this.

>> the best western animation ever
>>one of the best animations world wide

>calling cartoons "animations"

What are you, an e-celeb?

Other than maybe Futurama and certain The Simpsons seasons, you know I'm right.

On Sup Forums, Reddit is perceived as a bunch of naive tools who believe that being a nerd is cool. As a result, they're childishly enthusiastic about their hobbies (which they've only barely scratched the surface of), find random humor completely hilarious, and are notoriously pedantic. This is due to the fact that they believe that nerds are some kind of "cultural elite" simply because their interests aren't completely mainstream.

BUT, since they don't see themselves as particularly alienated by society, they haven't developed the pleb/patrician paradigm, unlike Sup Forums. Consequentially, they also have the prudish, politically-correct mentality that goes with the delusion that they can still be normal members of society and accepted by potentially anyone, or that they have moral standards to uphold. This makes them very prone to being shocked or amused by the cheapest transgressions and subversions.

I love doing these threads for days.
>People actually like that this writer basically stole two characters from a movie and made his own twist
>comedy is entry tier nihlism, clearly meant for sad white kids who just can't make it in this world today
>The delivery is bad and horribly obvious
>forced pickle rick meme didn't help
>is basically a shitty overedgy version of flapjack
>the fanbase thinks its a "smart" show for "smart" people
>this same fanbase are people who are just going into college or finished their B.A.
>clearly fanbase is full of college kids who think they are smart because they put themselves 40k in debt for a degree

Lets keep going Sup Forums blow this cartoon fag the fuck out

Didn't wanna rustle any jimmies by calling anime "cartoons", so I opted for "animation" because it fits the sentence better.

What are you, an e-linguist? Fuck off mate, English is not even my first language, argue the fucking point.

this

Do you mean from an animation standpoint or "a successful animated comedy?"
I could understand the latter (though Simpsons has it beat) but R&m has fucking terrible animation.

Avatar The Last Airbender is better than Dick and Moldy

Stop breathing

i thought this was a diff gif sorry lol

Reddit

It's obnoxious, pretentious, poorly animated, and has shitty dialogue.

>I-It's not unoriginal, it's cliche on purpose!

Here is a list of better or equal "animation" as you call it.

teen titans
my little pony
x-man
pinky and the brain
animaniacs
metalocalypse
even fucking power puff girls

Yes, I meant a successful animated comedy. But the animation itself is not bad either, although I don't think I really have an eye for that sort of thing, so I don't really care.

And I could agree with Simpsons beating it, because it has grace that shows like Family guy lack, and do an awful parody of. RnM's parody isn't awful tho. It's just the right amount of exaggaration, and even when it's completely overboard, it makes the viewer uncomfortable. Not like Family guy or some other shit, whish is plain boring and cringy with randomness and exaggaration.

>show is supposed to be nihilistic and purport that "life is meaningless, do whatever"
>goes against this and focus on single version of rick and morty, despite infinite ricks and mortys
>increase focus of developing family dynamics
>sci fi used to be the focus with dysfunctional family as the backdrop, now it's a show about the family that explores their dysfunction through sci fi plots
>season 3 has completely given up on the A plot/B plot structure in favour of a plot
>move away from monster of the week/non ordered episodes towards a series you have to watch in order to understand the current state of the family
>edginess has been upped to an uncomfortable degree, like when rick talks to the one rat "i could have given you an identifier like scar but then you would be different from the rest of the hordes of you i kill man am i cool" was cringey as fuck
>the writers think it was clever (not just kind of silly or fun, but a legitimately clever way to get across the feeling) to have rick go on a needless murder spree while the family sits through a mindlessly boring therapy session
>the self insert character who gets to BTFO the god character of the show was stupid
>they wasted the voice talents of danny trejo and peter serafinowicz

Because one of the creators is a closeted 4channer.

[citation needed]

Only fucking angsty athiests from the youtube comments section like R&M

Go to their Twitter account. See those echoes?

>shock "humor"
>xkcd-style "geek" references
>power fantasies.

Funny, I'm 38 and even though I have an IQ of 160+ (super-genius) I love the incoherent nature of Rick and Morty, h3h3 and other pointless toilet humor. I gotta let my CPU cool down sometimes, y'know?

A lot of people here watched 3 seasons of the show they say that don't like.

It's okay guys. To admit that show has flaws but is still good. You can probably dissect any piece of art/entertainment and argue it's shit because of it.

Could it be better? Yes. Is it okay/good anyways? It is, or you wouldn't be watching 3 seasons of it.

Or you would just so you could justify your hatred for the show. That's new levels of autism tho, if you ask me.

loooser

Harmon's or Roiland's?

Pickle Rick episode was fucking terrible.

it's literally
PICKLE RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICKKKKKKKKKK
youtube.com/watch?v=MhpkLe8kdcE

>what is a parody

The official RnM account. And Roiland is clearly the guy. He's just smart enough to keep it low.

>game of normies
Both of you need to go and stay go

You imply xkcd style is bad, and whilst xkcd is hit and miss, it is pretty funny when it does hit

*based
Sorry for the typo

>>and stay go

You are sure a kind and decent one. Can you fuck off to reddit now?

>game of Reddit poster
Lmao

You guys all have your cringe detectors turned up too many notches. It's a comedy. I believe some of the writing is pretty smart without getting up its own ass; something that is hard to balance. I may not be a professor at Harvard but I have read almost every big existential thinker out there(Sartre, Camus, Dostoyevsky, Neitzche,etc). I think they do a fine job of creating the "angsty" mood that comes with nihilistic thinking. Of course not much is said of what to do in response to this feeling but that is because the characters are experiencing it due to their circumstances. They don't know how to deal with the trivialization of their meaning.

The art style is not graceful but the animation is pretty smooth in complex movements like the fight scenes. I don't think the show would work if it looked much better, but the movents look and are designed far better than in Groening animations. Again it's a cartoon, it's not meant to be a grand spectacle. Yes that is an argument. It is absolutely fine to focus on one part of a product and simplify others to suit its function.

It can be preachy but I think that is part of its charm. It brings things up that are usually kicked under the rug. Today's culture can fixate on entertainment. I have a hard time with a lot of friends because they are so driven by humor that I can't have a single serious conversation. The packaging of these admittedly obvious issues in a popular comedy is a nice segue into more stimulating discussion.

Even if all that is bullshit, call me a faggot but I actually laugh watching it.

This 100% tb h familiar

roflmao dude, I'll upvote >;)

went from futurama tier to family guy tier in 3 episodes.

holy fuck is he fat

Why does this show trigger christfags so much?

>>while eating salad at the game

I like it but maybe it's because there's a lack of humor diversity in TV so I eat filth like a starving rat.

This guy would have died from a severe heart attack 2 month in his presidency had he won

faggot

Since we are all talking about the new episode anyway, during the last bit of the therapy session the therapist says "Some people are okay with going to work, and others would rather die. It's up to you." What does she mean is "up to you"? Whether you die or go to work, or whether you are okay with going to work or bring someone who would rather die?

Because if it's the latter then I have a feeling that I disagree. I can not do a lot of things but I think I do what is best for me that is within my ability considering my situation. I would be better at piano if I practiced longer but I'm not good enough yet to enjoy practice for long periods. Because of this I accept the fact I will be learning at a less efficient rate than possible. This is all to say that I do not necessarily choose how long I practice( work) but that it is my situation that influences my decision.

How could I take responsibility for my lack of skill when my circumstance determines it? I wouldn't say that I am responsible for my amazing guitar technique. I enjoyed learning, but that wasn't up to me. I just did it every day for a decade because I was compelled to. Just as I could be compelled to the streets to avoid labor. Even against my better judgement.

200% refuted

explain this then

Lol xD

Salad?
That's nachos with salsa

Literally the official twitter page twitter.com/RickandMorty

He is dead, no?
If not: he is half as fat as Christie

oh wait, I know what comes next
>but it's not a GOOD parody

B-because they made f-fun of my beliefs. Made me sad and angry, and now it is my mission to convert you all and fight against Satan's work

Rick and morty works only if it has a heady concept. The characters are either too cynical or too boring to have in a show that doesn't use a trippy Sci fi idea behind the episode, like get scwifty, the one where the devil shows up, the one where rick finds his ex gf again, and tiny rick

The 8th episode of the first season was pretty good.
I don't remember much.

It's just not that funny. Plays way too hard on edgy shock value for humor.

It's slowly turned into primarily Dan Harmon's project. He's been known to do this when writing for shows, where he'll slowly try to take over and spearhead the show's progression and style. I legitimately cannot stand this fat fuck, and his "woe is me, life is so hard as a writer" bullshit. I even tried watching the documentary about him to see if it would change my perspective a bit, and it just made me hate him even more. He a lazy sack of shit that doesn't do his work, and gets anxious and churns out shit quickly because he has to and we're supposed to feel sorry for him and the awful decisions he makes.

I like Justin Roiland.

underrated

If only there weren't dozens of others shows that did it first and did it better

this is why we don't like R&M fans, who the fuck writes this much over a cartoon with nothing but burp, fart, and suicidal/homicidal jokes. You all are /mlp/ tier to me but atleast they stay in their containment zone. You faggots keep coming here from Sup Forums even though Sup Forums doesn't like or watch that dumb ass show either.

STOP TRYING TO BRING YOUR NEXT GEN FAMILY GUY TOO Sup Forums, YOUR SHOW FUCKING SUCKS AND IS DEAD ASS UNAPPEALING. IT WILL NEVER BE FLAPJACK. OR FUTURAMA. OR BACK TO THE FUTURE. YOUR ASS IS GOING STRAIGHT TO THE SALE RACK

based Reddit user

Dude pickle rick lmao

But user. All of those shows are garbage. Futurama is literally "well if nothing else is on" the show. Flapjack IS just random bullshit and I guess back to the future is alright. The fact is you have to rerepresent the show as something with nothing but toilet humor because you know if you honestly judged it you wouldn't be able to hold your contrarian position. Can you honestly not read a few paragraphs? I'm just trying to be specific enough to get a real debate going. You all say it has elementary philosophy but you have yet to say what that even is or what would constitute something more worthy of your oh so perfect tastes. How can you guys even begin to say you have the refined taste when you can't even have a proper discussion on why you like or dislike a particular show. You literally just check how many upvotes a show has on Reddit and if it exceeds "x" amount you cross it off your list, make a bunch of garbage ironic memes, and flame anyone who has a sincere opinion about something they like. Explain to me how that is good taste and not insecurity.

Fantastic Voyage, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Ultra Seven, Captain Planet, Beetlejuice, Futurama, Mr. Young, Doctor Who, Magic School Bus, Dexter's Laboratory, Dream Park, Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey, The Middleman, The Mighty Boosh, Transformers, Jimmy Neutron, Iron Man, Rugrats, Fantastic Voyage II: Destination Brain, Quack Pack, Wolverine and the X-Men, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Homeboys In Outer Space, Ultraman Eighty, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, A Wind in the Door, That Sugar Film, Ultimate Spider-Man, Tiny Toon Adventures, Animorphs, Ren & Stimpy, Danger Mouse, Osmosis Jones, Looney Tunes, Teen Titans, 2DTV, Regular Show, Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventures, Mighty Med, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Weird Science, The Secret Saturdays, Kroll Show, Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures, Totally Spies!, SpongeBob, Codename: Kids Next Door, Mega Babies, Rex The Runt, Journey to the West, The Simpsons, The Space Cow, The Aquabats! Super Show!, Dex Hamilton: Alien Entomologist, ReBoot, Sealab 2021, The Fairly Oddparents, Family Guy, Gawayn, Invader Zim, Samurai Jack, Lilo & Stitch, Mickey Mouse, Oggy and the Cockroaches, Phineas and Ferb, Mona the Vampire, Pinky and the Brain, and The Real Ghostbusters.

>STOP TRYING TO BRING YOUR NEXT GEN FAMILY GUY TOO Sup Forums

Holy shit, rick and morty fans on suicide watch

because pickle rick is in the house tonight
everybody just have a good time