Hmmmm

Hmmmm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FVzc20Bm8Xo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Clone Trooper
>Trains entire life
Isn't the whole point of the clones that they come out fully grown and trained?

Um, one side clearly one and the other lost, you stupid fuck.

not the best one of these

Die Cis SCUM!

>cant even meme right
The whole final part of episode 2 is to show that clones>droids
Now go on give your shitty "pretending to be retarded" answer

No they're still kids who have to grow up.
It's just accelerated.

Robots would have won in a straight fight. Order 66 doesn't count.

so now this meme is just
>virgin thing i dont like
>chad thing i like

Love it

No, they aren't cloned into full adults. They are cloned as babies and raised into adults. They just do it at like twice the rate I think?

Don't make me cull through script of Episode III, but it was clear the CIS was on its last legs when Order 66 was executed.

>They just do it at like twice the rate I think?
This was based on some EU source. This basically means that unless Kamino had literally had been making billions, if not trillions of clones already, there was no way they could make enough to supply the Republic with troops. The Kamino promise that they could somehow provide more troops given more time was also absurd if they only grew twice as fast. Yet another way the EU was so dumb.

thats how all memes become homogenized m8 is this your first rodeo

That's the joke buddy, sorry to hear that you're a brainlet

The wookies had to cry for help because they were BTFO by droids. Shit they almost invaded corruscant

The CIS was at a point that capturing Grievous would end the war. Seems like they're clearly in a weak position.

I don't think it's only EU. Doesn't she say it aswell? I thought they had like 50-100 years to prepare the clones?

Obi killed grievous and CIS kept on chooching. They only lost because Anakin killed their leadership on mustafar.

Literally Anakin and Yoda say that capturing Grievous would end the war.

They started cloning years before the clone wars.
Qui-gon observes a fuly grown clone army in episode 1 when he's at Kamino

And yet the war continued after they killed grievous. Also:
>believing Jedi lies

Actually, you're right.
It's also said that they're immensely superior to droids. So there.

I'm aware of that, but I find it implausible that a single planet could produce enough clones to supply the entire republic's army, especially since it takes ten years to make a batch of clones.

Roger Roger

The army is half the equation. Who built the ships for the army?

Okay. Palpatine also said the Senate would continue to vote to continue the war as long as Grievous was alive. I guess he was also lying.

Probably Kuat Drive Yards. It doesn't matter. The CIS could easily outnumber the Republican 100-1 with such a limited ability to produce clones.

If you start production 10 years prior to the war, and just continue producing, you will have a new batch every single year. But the republic should've lost because you can make a billion droids every week on every planet.

The clone army was commissioned by Sifo-Dyas immediately after the Battle of Naboo, during the events of Episode I. Dyan foresaw the need to create an army and went behind the Jedi council's back.
The recently-defected Count Dooku soon learned of the project, and killed Dyas to take it over. He chose Jango Fett as the clone template not only for his efficiency, but for his ability to kill Jedi (seen in the Star Wars: Bounty Hunter game).
The Kaminoans were already experienced in providing clone armies on a smaller scale. The clones' genes were tinkered with to make them more effective soldiers (more stamina, better at following orders) and to age twice as fast (a ten year old clone was physically 20).
Some of the ships in the Republic Navy were already in use, others were secretly commissioned by Kamino.
By the time of Episode 2, Kamino had 200,000 troopers prepared for immediate deployment, with an additional million that were combat ready. The total number of active clones during the end of the war is not known, but estimated to be between 3-16 million. Additionally, droids outnumbered clones 5 to 1.

>Hello, Kamino Clone Works, how may I help you? You want an army for the whole galaxy? Yes of course sir, right away.

Are they really though? There was also a shit ton of Jedi there and the vehicles seemed to be doing most of the heavy lifting everywhere else

>B1
>Chad
Fuckinj DYEL manlets, don't you know Chad when you see it?

>dude put all that shit on his debit card

>3-16 million.
This is supposed to be enough troops for a Galactic Republic, with trillions of inhabitants?

>introduce conscription
>no need for clones

who is The Senate

>implying it wasn't always like that

But that's wrong. Rex is on Endor with Han and Leia.

>Chad
>skipping leg day

it checks out

The Galactic Senate?

DUDE

Like I said, those numbers are estimates. The separatists were still in the minority, so it wasn't necessary for every system to be filled with troops. Additionally, planetary forces were absorbed into the Grand Army of the Republic, and they may have used conscripts as well.

Rex aint the only one.

There's Cut Lawquane, who quit to raise a family with some Twi'lek whore.

There's Gregor, and Wolffe, and possibly Kix, who also removed their chips.

Probably thousands of Clones who quit, or at least lived comfortable happy lives after the war.

TRUTH

>those numbers are estimates.
They seem way off even by the most conservative estimate of how many troops should be been available to supply the Galactic Army.

Are tatooine and geonosis in the same system?

Also, why did they fly to tatooine from naboo, if they were trying to get to coruscant with a damaged hyperdrive? Not only is it the wrong way, it's rather far to go with a limping ship.

As much as I liked the clone wars series, I hate what it did to the clones.
>movies
>clones are perfect soldiers who follow orders unquestionably, execute order 66 without hesitation
>video games and 2003 series
>clones are super soldiers who are fanatically loyal to the chancellor, execute order 66 with some remorse
>2008 series
>clones are dindus with distinct personalities who have to be mind-controlled into executing order 66

garbage. Meme is dead now and you killed it.

more like
>chad rebels
>virgem imperials

search your feelings

To be honest, the chips make more sense than literally millions of Clones unanimously agreeing to start shooting Jedi.

ROTS already showed the Clones humanized, with banter and names, TCW was just an extension of that.

And if it makes you feel any better, even the Clones WITH chips could feel remorse and stop Order 66 if they really hated what was happening enough. They explored it in the canon Kanan comic, in which one Clone realized what was happening, and sabotages his ship so that the Padawan of the Jedi that had just been killed could escape.

>To be honest, the chips make more sense

maybe for a brainlet that can't understand following orders

Realistically speaking. Think of all the tech in the star wars universe. Why werent battle droids more like human andriods in capabilities?

Think Blade Runner but with combat protocols made.

>one

The Battle Droids were modeled after the Geonosians. Not kidding niether, it was Lucas's idea that droids, much like how we make them here on Earth, would reflect the aliens that made them.

>but Geonosians weren't in Episode 1!
The Nemoidians originally looked like Genosians, Lucas switched around the designs a bit, maintaining the idea that he would show the Battle Droids creators in the following movie.

It's one of my favorite bits of lore to be honest.

There are some examples (like the droid commandos and tactical droids), but they would be far too expensive to mass-produce.

Yea but how come in the entirety of the star wars universe Im pretty positive we never see an Andriod?

Like imagine the Fallout 4 Snyths. How come all the robots were... well robotic? Did no one in Star Wars try to create a robot that was life like?

If they're clones of a mexican guy, why is the guy in the new movie a black?

Just for reference 16 Million is the number of US military personnel that served in WW2, that's Army, Navy, Air Force, and everything else. Also only about half were combat soldiers or served in combat zones, most were auxiliary troops (mechanics, paper pushers, recruiters, ect)
1.9 billion people living on earth served in the war.
You're gonna need a lot more soldiers than that to fight in a galaxy with a population of "approximately 100 quadrillion sentients" according to Wookiepedia.
You can't clone enough men to fill that roll.

It's just the aesthetics of the universe.

We do see Luke with a realistic prosthetic hand in ESB, so its possible that the tech exists in universe though. So maybe some day we will see a realistic android

in all seriousness though clone troops just seem like a fiscal nightmare compared to droids

what was the republic thinking, and then we get into the ethical aspect of clone soldiers

Did Jorge actually think we would have any emotional interest for either side when it's robots vs disposable clones?

The outcome of the Clone Wars was already decided before it began, the Confederacy was never meant to win, the internal factions have no reason to work together other than their hate for the Galactic Republic and the jedi, if they won the war the separatists would splinter into sub groups and the galaxy would be divided

The purpose of the Clone Wars was to thin out the jedi and centralize as much power as possible, by the time Revenge of the Sith rolls around the Galactic Empire has already been established in everything but name

>he doesn't know about Human Replica droids
Again, they're just crazy expensive to produce and not all that practical. Only the elite of the elite can afford them.

Clone Troopers made sense as special units in reserve. A really good force multiplier with he elite training and everything.

But as an entire army? Kind of retarded. Because Clones like normal men get killed before they ever get into the fight. Get shot of out of sky in the transport. Get Sniped when landing and ect.

The best Idea would have been use Droids as a main landing opening. Then the clones come in when the Driods have established positions and the clones flank and destroy the enemy who is now pinned.

Driods can be built every minute. Clones take years.

It's almost like the prequels are poorly written and fall apart under scrutiny.

>The Republic of dozens if not hundreds of entire worlds doesn't have any military between them

>Again, they're just crazy expensive to produce and not all that practical. Only the elite of the elite can afford them.

Okay makes sense. Kind of seems like a cop out. Because the Star Wars Universe Tech wise has been basically stuck in the same level for literally Thousands of Years. Youd think someone would create cheap andriods WestWorld Style to fight battles

Most Worlds had their own garrison forces like Naboo had the Security Council.

Imagine if the United States of America had no official army. But Florida has its own Forces so does New Jersey and Some states dont but they dont necessarily take orders from the President but the Governor of their states,

Thats the best example of the Republic. No central military until the Clone Troopers led by the Jedi.

I also imagine the Republic had some sort of security force

In the game Bounty Hunter you fight prison guards on Oovo IV which always looked like what I would consider be the standard appearance of Republic troops before the Clone Wars, they had helmets similar to the Imperial Navy Troopers, and the rebel soldiers, and they had what looked like dark green body armor and protective googles, there were also security drones with the Galactic Republic insignia

Part of that is because Knights of the Old Republic was given the same design aesthetic as the movies, contradicting stuff like Tales of the Jedi, which had a more ancient feel to it.

I think it would have been more interesting if all clones didn't follow through with 66 as neatly as they did. Would've been believable and you wouldn't have had to insert the chip nonsense. I think there would've been a lot more interesting ideas with regards to order and the morality of following commands if they went that way

It's not really ancient though if you still have droids, laser swords, and FTL travel

youtube.com/watch?v=FVzc20Bm8Xo

That reminded me of this, nice lore you got there George

Stormtroopers and First Order troopers aren't clones

I guess it could be similar to Renaissance England, where each county had it's own militia for defence but the system was unsuitable for offensive warfare because the militias weren't equipped to travel outside their regions, hence the creation of the New Model Army which could operate on a national scale.

Stop posting pictures of my daughter, thanks.

Not all of those were infantrymen though.

We see that the Republic Navy, except for fighter pilots, is not made up of clones. Presumably all the logistics work, high command, beauracracy, etc are also not made up of clones.

Awful example belying a brainlet level of understanding about how much non-combat work goes into running a modern army. Please spend a few weeks on /his/ and your local library before posting in my presence again. Thanks.

>Sup Forums likes disney marvel wars jj Abrams by the book executive rehash more than the prequels
>now we get force minion seals designed by an executive think tank

say it with my, I'm sorry George.

underrated post

>Takes 10 years to train new recruits

Clones are shit-tier, even ignoring the massive ethical issues of breeding your own slave race to use as cannon fodder.

Robots > meatbags.

>chad droid
>posts dyel droid

>entire life
What, like 10 years?

I figured the intro of Republic Commando happens in the span of maybe a few years at most, thats the only piece of EU I've seen that shows the Clones life/training

Kix doesn't count, he was frozen and came back like thousands of years after all that shit

Yeah, if you're ten years old, your entire life is ten years, believe it or not.

The clone army had two full batches ready on day 1 and basically nothing happened except skirmishes for the first year of the war

They're basically next to each other

>To be honest, the chips make more sense than literally millions of Clones unanimously agreeing to start shooting Jedi.

Why? Clones are literally genetically bred to follow orders. They're only barely a step above being robots themselves.

They were adjusted for obedience so they'd actually function as soldiers rather than all turning out like Jango and being completely uncontrollable. That doesn't mean they're barely a step above being robots, the sales pitch for them is their ability to think creatively.

Except this isn't true, they are human and function as such. They have thoughts and feelings too.

Do one for twi'leks and togruta.

>to be honest, the chips make more sense

>Not all of those were infantrymen though.
From your post

>Also only about half were combat soldiers or served in combat zones, most were auxiliary troops (mechanics, paper pushers, recruiters, ect)
From my post

You fucking idiot.

>They're only barely a step above being robots themselves
I find is so strange that this is a direction the series never explored.
I mean imagine being one of hundreds of millions of yourself, born and raised to fight for a government that has done nothing but sent you off to die. Since you were born, all you have known is war, and the only people you have interacted with are just other poor cut-outs of yourself. Your brothers who you've watched die beside you over and over until you have come completely desensitized to it. That is the image of your own death.
Then one day the fighting stops. The war, what you were born for, and what your brothers died for, is over. You thought you would die but you didn't, and it makes you wonder what makes you so special, why so many other versions of you didn't make it. You're expected to move on now but what is there to move on to? What is your purpose?
You realize only at the end that you and your brother were never any different from the piles of scrap metal you put down in the war. Completely disposable. Born to die, and yet you're still alive.

>being this thick

Lucas had so much he could have explored with them but he didn't.
People give old Georgie a lot of shit for a lot of stuff but he always focused on strange stuff that most people found boring.

It was probably never explored because there was always war within their lifetime and George Lucas is a hack

This has been explored in multiple TCW and Rebels episodes though.