Book sorceresses edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/84552238/#84554437
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Idris Elba as Geralt

I bet they will cast really ugly actresses to play Yen and Triss

rihanna as yennefer and leslie jones as triss

>I bet they will cast really ugly actresses to play Yen and Triss

They probably won't even cast Triss at all since she doesn't show up until the third book.

Anyone casting CDPR characters will be shot on sight.

Buy a a fucking ad

I've made two of those.

Janet Montgomery for Yennefer

Fuck all you Eva Green fags, she's 37 and looks old now

>tfw you know for a fact they will replace at least one cast member with a black person

It won't be one of the big 3 (or 4 if you count Ciri).

>Le books are better than the games
>t. Reddit

The author is just salty that people prefer CDPRs take on his universe more than his own.

This is going to be such a massive shitshow

>garbage shill thread is still up
deceleration of anti Sup Forums noted, zero

He's more referring to the fact that so many idiots here pick castings for CDPR characters without realising the show is based on the books, not the games, so those character like Olgierd, Bloody Baron and Roche won't even be in the show.

>there are 10 threads about the GoT meme of the week being bumped on average.
>complains about this one.
Stop.

These threads are made by a /got/ posting scum, scum
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/84552238/#84554437

Memes aside, are there any actual news about the casting? Have they started it yet?

No news yet, but I would imagine if they announced and started production in May then they must already have a cast planned or already signed on.

I remember reading that Sapkowski said in an interview that they had an actor for Geralt for when it was a movie, I dunno if he'd stay on or if they get a different actor for the TV series though.

Geralt gets with Yen
/ourguy/ Lambert gets with Keira
Eskel gets with Triss

It's like pottery.

>Yennifer = Eva Green
thats a great idea actually

Lambert was a faggot

Nigger what the fuck are you talking about, she's one of the main characters in the first fucking book.

You're a faggot.

>this woman playing a woman who looks 30 with the body of a 20 year old

maybe 10 years ago, but she's too old now

What you guys think of my cast?

>lead writers says no niggers except for oferi merchants
>books never feature any oferi, just a couple zerrikanian babes
???

probably means they're taking inspiration from the games??

In first novel, but 3rd book.

turns imbiding gallons of semen is not a secret to agelessness

>17 year old playing a 10 year old
>pro wrestler playing a fat man
>bulky 5'10 man playing a very tall, thin man, also assuming he'd bother to be in a Netflix series
>weak, literal skeleton playing a self sufficient archer woman

What he wanted to say is that she isn't in any of the two short story anthologies. So yes, you are most likely not going to see her in the upcoming show, which is based on those.

Books:
>Gerald uses witchering potion exactly twice
>The saga has him lose his box o drugs and witchering swords, both silver and meteorite iron
>uses magic tricks maybe 5 times in the whole doorstopper
>all the monsters have been driven out by peasants with pitchfors, only the toughest motherfuckers like manticores remain

Games:
>Gerald is able to make witcher potions
>Chugs them all the time
>carries 2 swords like a retard
>monsters everywhere

I'm so excited for some of the short stories, really hope they do them justice.

Are you retarded, no shit in the games it has specific gameplay shit that's not in the books.
I meant plots and stories outside said gameplay.

Unimportant ones are OK, important ones are terrible
>Daniel Radcliffe as a womaniser
>Jane Levy as a confident woman
>Olgy Kurylenko as someone not whatever ethnicity she is
'no'
Casting isn't just about whether or not the actor looks sort of like the character I found in this one piece of DA fan art

pic related is honestly the best story in the first book.

People like to talk about Lesser Evil, but Grain just hit me like nothing else.
Say what you want about Sapkowski, but the guy knows how to write a final line.

Every god damn thread someone falls for the b8.

Damn that's almost the exact image i had in my head when reading the book.

REMINDER ONLY THE MOTHER OF DRAGONS IS PROPER FOR CIRI ROLE

you must be a nigger

Baginski:
'Just like I said. Patience. This year just testing the waters'

>pic related is honestly the best story in the first book.
And it is just one of the many characters that CDPR basically copypasted in the games with minor adaptations.

Nivellen:

>Was the leader of a gang of thugs...
>That at some point raided a temple...
>And he raped a priestess to death...
>And with her dying breath she cursed him and he turned into a monster.

Sounds familiar?

>BUT MORKVARG CURSE WASN'T ACTUALLY FROM THE PRIESTESS, BUT FROM ONE OF THE GUYS IN HIS GANG!
>ORIGINAL CDPR CHARACTER - DO NOT STEAL
fuck off and read the goddamn books.

What did he mean by this?

Lambert, Lambert, what a prick.

The perfect casting for Ciri

>Sounds familiar?
Blood & wine has another black sun curse bitch as a major plot point. Totally-not-renfri of house gets-totally-shagged-by-gerald.

"jokes on you, I was only pretending to be retarded"

Luckily she will be busy with GoT and starring in cinebombs for a couple of years more.

You're probably memeing, but in case you're not, that bitch is over 30

It's not clear how old Ciri is, plus actresses take roles that aren't age accurate all the time. Khaleesi would be great

Which GoT actors should be in the Witcher?

I have a couple ideas for some characters.

If the show is based on the books then for sure it will start with Ciri as a little girl and have her grow up as the show goes on, so no mother of dragons Ciri.

Katie McGrath for Yen pls.

They could dye Charles dances hair

In Time of Contempt it's said that she's 14. Her age is not given in the short stories, but she was obviously a couple years old

>It's not clear how old Ciri is

She's clearly described as child in the second and third book, people have even narrowed down her age to figure out that throughout the books she aged from ~10 through to ~16.

Who cares faggots they can just do a flashback

I second that

No they can't. If they did short stories as flashbacks it would be shit.

That would be the worst way to ruin this show.

Get ready best Ciri coming through

She's 25 years too old.

>It's not clear how old Ciri is
Actually it is clear as the sun. Around 8 when she first meets Geralt in Brokilon. Around 12 when she training with the Witchers and later meets Yennefer. By the end of the novels, she is not older than 16-17.

>Khaleesi

back up Tumblr with you thot

Excluding the fact that Ciri is very obviously a child at the start of the books and ages roughly a year between each book, Emila Clarke is literally the opposite body type of Ciri completely.

Ciri is described as quite tall for her age and gender (around 5'9) and slim. Emilia is 5'2 and not really slim at all.

flashbacks get used all the time faggots

are you retarded

cast them, zerosugar you fucking Sup Forums shill

But they wouldn't make sense for this story.
Why would you care about the conclusion of Sword of Destiny when you already know what happens?

not to the fucking main saga you idiot

no one's gonna bypass the entire fucking story of the book and only mention it in flashbacks just to cast your shitty waifu as an older Ciri

Thats why there is CGI and body doubles

then how old is Geralt retard, you just made that up.

There are no "Sup Forums mods", all mods are site wide

Do you think they should have all polish actors or have people do polish accents or just accept British accents in a polish story?

you're a shit troll

What does your employers market research say?

IIRC Geralt is around 70 at the beginning.

maybe this shot will convince you. Her acting range is huge as she has already displayed and she would be a perfect fit.

He is a few years younger than Yennefer. Yennefer is around 90 at the end of the novels.

Technically the world of The Witcher is in a different world based off Europe so they don't really explicitly need Polish accents since it's not actually set in Poland.

In fact at one point Ciri somehow teleports through worlds to North-West Wales and chats with a knight with no trouble at all, so language, accents etc. aren't really an important thing

2old2ciri

he got sent to an island where time had no affect so there's no way of knowing how old he or yennifer are

Emhyr var emreis

>Her acting range is huge

go troll elsewhere user

Character: Ciri—Actor: Jennifer Lawrence
Why: "It can’t get any better than this. For those who have played the whole Witcher 3 game and seen/read The Hunger Games how similar is Katniss Everdeen compared to Ciri? Both or stubborn, hard headed, visually appealing young teenage girls who try to do their own thing and save a bunch of people."

Almost as bad as black Geralt that was posted in one of those clickbaits.

>Character: Triss Merigold—Actor: Angelina Jolie
Why: It honestly was pretty hard to find a female actor who matched Triss’s persona and had a similar appearance, and I also couldn’t find any with red hair so it came down to Angelina Jolie. Triss plays a tough yet witty and sarcastic character/sorcerer and I think Jolie would fit perfect into the role. She would also have to die her hair Red and I don’t think it would look as off if some of my other choices did that so she won the part.

Too old for book Emhyr unfortunately

Rufus Sewell however is perfect imo

>Character: Yennefer of Vengerberg—Actor: Anne Hathaway
Why: To be quite honest, Yen and Anne have almost a 1:1 appearance or as close as it gets comparing a digital character to a real person. Her role would be very similar to the one she played in The Dark Knight Rises so I’m sure she would be thrilled to participate.

>Her age is not given in the short stories

I'm almost certain that in The Sword of Destiny, or whichever story where she and Geralt first meet and go to Brokilon, it says that she's six years old.

Calorealel. The child of high colesterol. The lady of burger and taco bell. Also known as Fatka after her brief career in the Fats gang.

then why would eva green be "too old"?

Who is the autist who writes this shit?

>Rufus Sewell however is perfect imo

No, he's too old too. Emhyr is in his mid 20s, at the OLDEST, when he's first introduced.

Isn't she naked among the dryads there?

Is there a actual release date for the cast list

>Character: Vesemir—Actor: Sylvester Stallone
Why: Ahh man this has to be my favorite choice. Sylvester Stallone playing an older, wise, battle-tested and rugged warrior—Basically describing his part in Creed. Stallone would be awesome for this part without a doubt and has the perfect persona to do it. He is tough, deep voice, relatively in good shape and bigger human being than most and also has that movie stigma of being wise and a warrior thanks to the Rocky Movies and creed.

No.

Because, unlike Yen, Eva Green's body kept aging after her mid 20s.

Is it Brokilon they first meet at? Thought that they meet in Cintra the first time Geralt goes to collect her and gets refused when she's 6 or so. Brokilon she's 8, then 13 when she goes to Kaer Morhen.