Are we entering an age of avant-garde television?

Are we entering an age of avant-garde television?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qIGjr3MuL3g
youtube.com/watch?v=ywIfhavpQrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4IKUeIEdRMY
independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/david-lynchs-german-guru-angers-students-with-goebbels-rallying-cry-758742.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ZPHSXUS0_1c
youtu.be/pXth84G7dkM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, we aren't.
One show got cancelled, the other utterly stupefied even the most loyal of Lynch fans. The only way we could have shows like these on a consistent basis is by the means of crowdfunding or very, very niche, micro-budgeted shows

>putting those 2 side by side

twin peaks can't even compare to sam's genius

It's insulting to lynch to compare these shows

Both are very different from anything else on television

I liked some of the skits of World Peace but it's a fucking mockery to put it anywhere near Twin Peaks.

I'm not really comparing it or holding one's standards up to another, I'm simply saying both are very artsy and experimental compared to anything else on TV right now

twin peaks isn't avant garde you dumb retard. and ''le weird stuffs habbening 2 ppls body 0.o" isn't avant garde you fucking idiot. MDE's style is nothing new.

>utterly stupefied even the most loyal of Lynch fans
you mean coffee and pie Lynch fans.

World Peace was about as "avant-garde" as fucking Loiter Squad,

budgeted shows

I doubt you've watched word peace apart from a couple skits

Listen, I like both Sam Hyde and David Lynch, but if you think that Sam Hyde's genius is greater than Lynch's, then you're just a retarded kyke

muh man right here

David Lunch lol

Twin Peaks S3 is meh. Makes me wonder how Mulholland Drive would've been if it actually became a television series as was originally intended.

lol

this

both shows have been probably the only actual interesting shows (4 ME) in recent times

>tfw Samuel and David will never be your lads

why even lift

s3 is the best so far as all is written by lynch instead of muh soap pie bullshit.

When did you get into the show?

>I'm a Sup Forums contrarian and my taste in television is fucking superior starter pack

World Peace is literally just LOLSORANDUMXDDD garbage just like everything else in Adult Swim.

>Both are very different from anything else on television
How was WP "very different" to other sketch shows?

haha

American Gods is more worthy of that title than TP:TR

Lynch made MD as a made for television movie. It actually exists and has most if not all the actors in it as well.
Anyhow, the Return is better than the original. The original is just a soap opera surrounding a paranormal detective show. It was comfy and intriguing but the Return is on a whole other level. Both the comedy and intrigue of the Return knocks the original out of the water.

There's nothing at all avant-garde about American Gods.

They played dark ambient music in the background

t. people who didn't watch the show

>tfw plebs ruin everything
pleb genocide when?

world peace was a sketch comedy show and twin peaks is not much more "avant garde" than a show like Lost

Moon man XD vs quality filmmaking

really makes you think

That's "The Return", not Twin Peaks. which is a whole different ballpark than anything else on television.

I've been holding off from watching the thid season until it ends: is it more in the vibe of the original Twin Peaks or Inland Empire/Fire Walk With Me?

there was much more to it than that

Very Inland Empire in style and tone, but touches leans heavily on FWWM for plot.

>Very Inland Empire in style and tone
Ratings must have gone way down if that's true fucking love it

they have, it's just us /tpg/ autists enjoying it these days as all the normies have been lynched

No wonder Lynch wanted to produce it all in bunk

Let's be honest world peace was just recycled tim and eric with two or three good spoofs/goofs. And most of that is just because sam hyde gives 0 fucks.
youtube.com/watch?v=qIGjr3MuL3g
Would be more fun if it was more offensive but it already got shut down.

Twin Peaks is just absolute shit. Just complete garbage.

>Twin Peaks is just absolute shit. Just complete garbage.
Opinion discarded, I'm going to watch World Peace now because you're probably wrong about that as well

Let's be honest there was literally one sketch that was anythign like Tim and Eric and it seemed to be making fun of their type of comedy

>this thing is edgy and offensive i like it :)
>twin pekas sucks!!!!

He should really stick to vertical videos with his cellphone. It's much better than anything he did on adult swim.

God, I wish. Sadly, both have been utterly rejected.
>Ew is Sam Hyde a member of the alt right? omg I had no idea, I thought he was so funny because his jokes were making me laugh and getting a positive reaction, but now I will ignore that because it must have been some kind of alt right trickery and he must not actually be funny! Cancel his show!!!
>Ummm... lol wtf? I went to my Twin Peaks viewing party dressed as Audrey for the premiere and she didn't even show up??? It was just a bunch of weird nonsense??? Also what's up with all this violence against women??? I'm going to the bar across the street to watch Khaleesi instead

Ha ha ha ha it's because it's his name and he's eating ha ha

Now that's what I call avant garde.

Twin Peaks is just garbage. It's bad beyond something that is possible to describe. It's like when you were 14 and thought you were a genius and thought you could make a movie no one else had made where like a toad has cockroach wings so avant garde le wow xD. Also there's a hidden meaning not something philosophical not a genius metaphor to explain some deep theory about life no just the plot is encrypted behind cringeworthy CGI looking like something from newgrounds anno 2003 and every scene is way too long so it's like trying to translate finnish in slow motion to get the message "freemasons did it also actors poorly pretending to be stupid is hilarious xD".

Okay it's basically loiter squad meets eric andre meets tim and eric. The humour is mostly in how little sam gives a single fuck. I feel it could have been fun if he got go all out like he wanted. And it had a lot of potential to grow.

Things are funny because they are offensive yes. That is correct.

You are so stupid you don't even know why you are stupid.

it was very unfunny.

Lynch is somekind of weird Scientology-tier cultist now (look up LynchFoundation) and Sam is a tranny-fucking self-hating closet case.

They are both trash tier.

Lynch is pretty much a neo-nazi nowadays, actually.

>A cancelled show and a vanity project that almost no one is actually watching means that we've entered a new age of television

Just read the emperors new clothes by H.C. Andersen. It's a kids book. You should be able to handle it. The new TP is a perfect example of the phenomenon.

It's objectively shit. You trend cucks are sad. You 'get it'. I just don't 'get' why a shitty metaphor, dated cgi toad is enjoyable to watch for 30 minutes.

Lycnh's fetish for american cults is the only fun element of the show. From putting his own meditation playlist as the out of place soundtrack to the constant references to everything from freemasonry to moloch to the bohemian grove... Imo that's the good part. And season 1 was kind of comfy in an unintentional way.

Sam being a tranny fucking (and underage girl abusing) crazy person just adds to the show. The setup alone of a pseudo-libertarian beast of a man with mental issues who gives 0 fucks makes for a good spoof and a goof.

daily reminder that world peace actually does have hidden swastikas

the avant-garde is online where there's more freedom and experimentation

youtube.com/watch?v=ywIfhavpQrQ

Holy shit.

>a made for television movie
It was a tv pilot that ABC didn't pick up. It ended around the scene where they put their wigs on. They shot additional scenes for French money and turned it into a crazy movie, like a much more refined version of Twin Peaks' international pilot.

what a retard!

Jam is the fucking best. Chris Morris is the man.

Why are Lynch fans so delusional?

i fucking hate bandwaggoners so much

band wagoners*

1 g in wagon, you biggot

>World Peace
>avant-garde
pffr

I don't get the comparison to Inland Empire, it feels more comparable to Mulholland Drive to me

>when he results to ad hominem because he can't argue with it

Are you implying the video you posted is avant-garde?

OG viewer. Watched the original series when they were first broadcast in 1990.

Another good reason to support his work. Dubs confirm.

Haha lol

>being this much of a fag
have a (you)

>le meme fallacy
You're going back

It's the best thing he's ever done.

>twin peaks is not much more "avant garde" than a show like Lost
Epic kek

Post another show that has a scene like this one

youtube.com/watch?v=4IKUeIEdRMY

independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/david-lynchs-german-guru-angers-students-with-goebbels-rallying-cry-758742.html

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

i call it masochismceore

Candie look at me

>people losing their minds over literal words

2 minutes of hate tier programming

>One audience member yelled: "That's exactly what Hitler wanted." Mr Schiffgens further enraged the audience when he replied: "Yes, but unfortunately he didn't succeed."

You're fucking kidding me?

>only argument is to go on and on about a cgi frog that appears for five minutes in one episode
>liking a series that has been hugely popular for thirty years makes you a "trend cuck"
edgy 14 year old pseud detected, go back to your thread about batman v superman being kino.

Which show is worse i can't tell

The word that literally translates as invincible germany is what the student was saying 'hitler wanted'. I'm sure hitler didn't coin the word.

The future equivalent will be if anybody ever invokes the idea of making america great again and somebody screaming "THATS WHAT TRUMP WANTED!!".

'yes well unfortunately he didn't succeed'.

Do you see how insane it is to get mad at a person for suggesting that The despised leader failed to accomplish a long standing ideal?

You're forgetting about context bro, in the context the guy is basically saying he was supporting Hitler achieving an Invincible Germany which means he supports Hitler.

The secong example is the same thing, it becomes clear the guy is a Trump supporter, I don't have anything against someone who supports Trump (even though I think his politics are trash), but saying you support Hitler is a totally different statement.

>You're forgetting about context bro, in the context the guy is basically saying he was supporting Hitler achieving an Invincible Germany which means he supports Hitler.

uh wrong. The context you're viewing his statement in is doctrinal and narrative based. He could be referencing the clearly catastrophic consequences of Hitler's behavior, while still implicitly supporting the general concept of making germany an invincible nation. Its just a wry way of acknowledging that the person whose stated goal was to achieve an idealized solution for a particular problem actually accomplished the opposite of what he wanted.

The indoctrination is in full effect if you are basically checkmated into being a nazi or 'trump' sympathizer the moment somebody attaches your aspirations to the aspirations of the Evil One.

Is it trumpesque to want america to be a great nation? Does that make the lefty as left can get writer of the west wing 'trumpesque'?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZPHSXUS0_1c

Yes, MDE is a preview of what's to come when right wingers start gaining traction in the media. It's no wonder they shoa'd him.

>implying Trump won't be the most revered president in modern history

Wow sick contribution bud, you have the best conversational relevance and everybody knows that

Friendly reminder that it's been confirmed that Eddie Vedder recorded a song that plays during the Twin Peaks finale. It confirms Agent Cooper never gets his mind back. (Pic is evil Cooper)
Listen youtu.be/pXth84G7dkM

Every decade has "that" show.

oh look

90 posts and 57 users

fuck off hyde you fat downs cowfuck

In fact it's syntax, I just analyzed the sentence. If the guys says unfortunately he didn't succeed it means he wanted that specific leader to achieve it's objective, which is an idealized nation, and that comes with all other bullshit nazism has, which you and I both know (racism, facism, genetic utopia, dichotomy of good and evil, economy and society based upon the progress (good) while wiping the ones that may discuss or critique the ideal they are pursuing).

You're probably a guy that hates PC, and I'm not a big fan of it either, but some statements contain dangerous ideas, and the one good thing PC does is to bash the fuck out of those ideas, even though it creates some paranoia because everything they see now has this dangerous ideology.

But I'm against those idealized goals, those utopias, they are generally dangerous for the people itself when they see it's a lie, for the people who are against it and are the main argument for populists and dictators.

Btw, that clip you sent is bullshit, USA is the greatest economic country in the world and it's better now than it was, they forced dictatorships over some countries (including mine), try to dismantle our business so they have the economic monoply over our countries (FTAA), destroyed Iraq for oil and push their shitty culture of consumerism and some demagogic freedom ideals to the whole world, while everybody know they just want to keep taming the world under its rails.

No saying its unfortunate hitler didn't succeed at making germany invincible is not saying that you want invincible germany accomplished by hitler and hitler alone or bust. It can mean that an invincible germany is a desirable goal, and its unfortunate that a person who tried to accomplish it was a failure. This is the problem with polarizing people against analyzing their values by ascribing them to an evil caricature (which is what the popular concept of Adolf Hitler is).

The clip is bullshit but not because america is great and he is wrong to say otherwise. Its a bunch of idiotic namby pamby rhetoric. The point of the video was to show that 'making america great again' is literally a slogan and concept that predates Trump with a natural audience that can easily be suppressed now that the whole notion of restoring economic and social prosperity to the majority of Americans is tainted by the persona of Donald Trump. That is how a concept with mass appeal gets a bad public image and distorted by the majority's detractors.

I don't think there's much rebuttal to that but that the message can be subjective or that the dude was drunk. Good rebuttal for a discussion that didn't deserve it, cheers.

lol wtf am I being shilled for? Are you pretending to have participated in this conversation? Its been a 1 v1 the entire time.

I'm congratulating you for a good rebuttal mate, not much else.

oh you replied to yourself, I thought somebody else was pretending to be the other user in this exchange and ending the conversation prematurely. Alright m8 peace among worlds