Get nearly wiped out by alien race

>Get nearly wiped out by alien race
>Alien race mysteriously surrenders
>Your race is offered a war bride they went out of their way to make genetically compatible for you.
>The commander of your only earned combat victory in the war takes her as his wife
>They lead a galactic empire that survives a million years and destruction of Earth in a supernova

Other urls found in this thread:

syfy.com/syfywire/6_things_we_learned_from_1
midwinter.com/lurk/misc/cc-leave.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Delenn a cute
>that episode when she has to get help sorting out her hair from Ivanova
CUTE!

Mira was my first scifi-waifu along side with Gillian Anderson. Not sure which one came first, it's all blurry but still great times!

well because of sinclair's actions, he linked our species back by a thousand years of propegation.

The minbari of earth-minbari war were essentially as a species, our cousins. The minbari-pre-valen were completely different species.

So not that bad once she figured out we were essentially killing ourselves.

Sheridan taking out blackstar was just a great use of nukes. Especially considering how cocky they were.

Also in the end of the episode Ivanova starts to sort out her periods. Mmmmm...

>tfw you tell both the Shadows and Vorlon to fuck off.

WAKE UP CAAAAAALLLLLLL!

>When that one human loves using nukes for everything

He can't help it if others keep flying into his nukes.

oh yeah I forgot

>one of your random front line warriors became their most revered religious figure and originally founded their civilization after a great galactic war a thousand years ago

>find giant space gate in hyperspace
>open giant space gate
>giant aliens bent on galactic domination fly out from space gate
>nuke them with your bare hands

>During dreaming they figured out like 1 in 4 minbari had human dna.

>they gave delenn shit for hybridizing herself more so she could have a family with sheridan.

>the guy helped drive both vorlons and shadows out of the galaxy and basically made minbari pre-eminent race in the galaxy, followed by centauri/humans

Sheridan helped minbari more than humans even. He literally put them on top of the food chain.

>She's so honest that it's endearing
>Sheridan's so honest she often gets confused

B5 might be one of the few shows that extol military figureheads as a force for good in the universe, especially in scifi, they often shit on military.

classic sci fi literature doesn't, I wonder if that has anything to do with the jews staying away from anything but screenwriting

There were plenty of Earth military fuckheads though, let's not even get into Psi-Corps

SG-1 doesn't except for the occasional shady officer

Leaving the Enterprise really changed Chekov.

what really grinds my gears is how some of the warrior cast are still butthurt over losing that one battle. they nearly wiped out humanity but can't get over loosing like a couple of hundred soldiers in a war?

They take slights as symbolic against the whole species.

You're thinking of it as an individual.

Their dominant identity, culturally was the symbolic not literal.

So you hurt one of us, you hurt all of us.

>J. Michael Straczynski
>Straczynski
tricky one but im gonna say jew

Did any of them ever get hostile or bitter in Sheridan's presence though, I can't even remember if they did

Or even better, imagine the galaxy as a prison yard, vorlons/shadows are shotcallers. Then some young punk rolls up on you when you're used to running things(Minbari) and punches you in the face.

The evil officers almost always work with a civilian organization like the NID though.

>J. Michael Straczynsk
Straczynski's family religion was Catholic, and he has Polish ancestry.[9] His grandparents lived in the area which today belongs to Belarus, and fled to America from the Russian Revolution; his father was born in the US, but lived in Poland, Germany and Russia.[9]

He's literally from the anti-jew.

Hell poles still hate jews.

>Nuke flagship of invading alien race
>Nuke largest city of oldest hostile race in the galaxy
>Jump from city's tower because what the hell
>Come back from the dead to nuke same alien race again along with another quasi-spiritual one
>Nuke an even older alien race from another spacetime by hand-delivering it to them personally
>After all this go to war with your own race but not use a single nuke

Based Sheridan.

>vorlons/shadows are shotcallers.
>bunch of butthurt faggots can't even fight their own battles start handing out forbidden tech like candy from behind the curtain
>one guy pulls back that curtain and calls you out for the petty faggots you are and tells you to get the fuck out
>get so buttflustered you can't leave the solarsystem fast enough

Fuck those fucking guys.

They don't call him John "Nuke'm' Sheridan, for nothing.

get the fuck out of here you boneheaded fucking shit. symbolic genocide

>Sheridan got original OG to help call them out too.

Bitchmade

>yfw Johnny comes home early

But he never nuked his own race, despite going to war with him. In fact he stopped the earth president from nuking humans and even rammed the final weapons platform when he had nothing left.

Suicide by honor as a falseflag to help finish off humanity, I think you mean.

Which then turned into a civil war when it didn't work.

and obviously humanity got raw end of the deal nobody said otherwise, but he was asking why minbari were so butthurt over 1 loss and loss was mostly symbolic.

Sheridan with a busted ass, lowly human ship that couldn't even directly target their flagship got smoked by backwards human tech and gave humanity it's only win in the war, which also slowed the war down considerably when they lost it.

for minbari a symbolic loss is really bad to them, saving face is practically a racial identity quirk.

In a lot of ways Klingons and Minbari share that.

It wasn't that they lost the battle, it was the way they lost it. A distress signal was sent out and when they came to investigate it they were caught in a mined asteroid field. That pisses them off as it was seen as underhanded.

>Are you one of the first ones?

No, not one of the first ones. I am… the first one.

>When he turns sheridan's probing back around on him and he's being held up by a giant energy ball

that freaked me out as a kid.

>tfw you'll never see the last season as intended because some fucking cleaning lady through out JMS's script while cleaning up his hotel room.

This show would be decent with a reboot and modern CG

>When you've been dead for 500 years and you still cleanse the Earth with fire

>also you'll never see the last season as intended because a fucking alcoholic actress decided to throw a last minute hissy fit

fuck you, and fuck all of you that bitch about the CG, you spoiled fucking babies.

The distress signal was from a Earth ship they were coming to blow up. Fair is fair, space nigs

granted it was a long time ago i saw season 2 but weren't sheridan hunted into the astroid field?
i think i hate minbaris even more now.

It was top-notch for the mid-90s television. But the music and animation has now aged enough that it might be confused for a modern British production.

how i despise you

How incompetent do you have to be that your propaganda machine turns against you and wrecks your fascist ass, that was great.

>tfw I have forgotten about this waifu for literally 20 years
Thank you OP. I feel like I understand myself better now that I remember the original waifu

Can you imagine living your life in such a way that when they create a historical simulation of you, you gain sentience and alter the fate the known universe?

I want to live my life that way.

What the hell is this from?

i don't think i've heard this one. care to share?

>implying
Just compare it to TNG's CGI.

I hate to be the asshole but DS9 did way better in the 90s with CGI.

I imagine someday, maybe many decades away, we'll have the ability to just pop episodes in and have some computer program upgrade the CGI, that would be pretty nifty

They will fail to make Lando an Gjakar today. And they are the best part of the show.

Look from 2010.

can't blame the guy for trying desu

I like how Ivanova handled this, remember kids, do your research or you might get cheated out of prime human pussy

If you meant the situation... Claudia Christian pretty much failed to arrive to work at some point and there was this huge mess with her, WB, her agent, JMS and so on. Even Boxleitner was furious as hell.

>Look from 2010
What does this sentence mean?

nigger explain yourself!

The sad truth is we've had every right to complain about the DVD CGI because it was inferior to the broadcast quality, except for "The Gathering," which was absolutely excellent. The entire show needs a re-release in DVD-quality 4:3. That would give us better CGI!

G'kar would be a huge hulking black guy and Lando would be a effeminate gay white guy with Nazi-tendencies whom constantly gets the finger wagged at him by his superior enlightened multicultural friends.

aw fuck im sad now. she always reminded me of my sister

Daily reminder: Lando did nothing wrong. He single-handedly saved the galaxy twice.

"Look" from 2010. IMDB this shit man.

I watched this again on go90 after 20 years and season 5 isn't as bad as I remember.

it's really not it just felt like it at the time

There are many different version of this. Bruce has talked about this at some point, JMS has his own point of view, Claudi her own...

Truth is at least three-edged sword.

syfy.com/syfywire/6_things_we_learned_from_1

midwinter.com/lurk/misc/cc-leave.html

That is why we got Lochley as a commander instead of Ivanova and Lyta falling for Byron instead of Ivanova.

>it's a Londo fucks up episode
I used to be crying my fucking eyes out at how badly things were getting for him and overall the entire cast of characters but especially was on this runaway train to just fuck my shit up

the centauri were forced to sacrifice hundreds of thousands of their own people to blow up the shadow fleet because of his fuck up. he only redeemed himself. now G'kar on the other hand .

>that part where the other Narn asks G'Kar what did he sacrifice and he just laughs and walks away

>tfw we see Londo was right about G'Kar being the one to kill him.

>that episode when years after the war with the Centauri ended he finds out his aide was still alive and imprisoned on their homeworld

I loved the way they broke her out

G'kar had a 10/10 laugh/chuckle, felt like everything was going to be okay no matter.

>Lyta falling for Byron instead of Ivanova.

what? why would susan fall for Byron

I read it as Lyta falling for Ivanova.

byron get's to much hate. the guy had passion, was a born leader and had great hair.

Have you hailed your lord and savior Abrahamo Lincolni today?

i miss sinclair, he was a perfect troll(

wew lad, time to go cheat at cards

>suppose to be a perfect genetically engineerd waifu
>toadface
uhm....

I have always been here.

Londo deserved to have his teeth kicked in for that shit.

I'll find and kill you motherfucker
Don't hate the player's prehensile penor, hate the game

u jelly?

Toads are cute

You forgot
>decapitated Shadow leadership
>overthrew the emperor, gave Centari ships to the fleet
>freed Narn
Also unstated but he helped rearm Earth after the space elves fucked them up

Then they should never have let them in during the middle ages. They still complain about muh 6 gorillion.

SHADILAY AND ONWARD TO KEKISTAN!!!

Seriously? You don't know this? What kind of a fan are you?

Originally Ivanova would have been the captain of B5 and she would have been torn between her duty for EA/Alliance/Sheridan and Byron's telepaths especially when the situation turns dangerous. She would have fallen for Byron because she would have somehow reminded her of Marcus (ugh... I know... maybe with a different actor) and also because of her latent telepathy. In the end as a twist she would have been the one to call in Bester and his bloodhound units to collect Byron in.

>she would have somehow reminded her

she -> he

I'm a crosseyed fucker today.

Not him but that sounds fucking awful, even worse it would be shitting on Marcus' memory.

I remember I wanted Marcus' actor to be Sirius Black in Harry Potter but I guess Gary Oldman was ok...

So what are you gonna do, Mollari, huh? Blow up the island?

JMS said somewhere at some point IIRC that it would have totally been a sad depressed PTSD/guilt trip for Ivanova and that is why she was as she was in Sleeping In Light - a bitter old cunt. She learned everything the hard way.

Oh that makes a lot more sense now!

I liked his character too. Not a bad guy, but the odds were too stacked against him.

post biggest cunts

Marcus' death made me so sad

Actually, now that you mention it!