NEW GODS TO BE ADDED TO COMIXOLOGY

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

WE'RE FINALLY GETTING DIGITAL RIPS OF KIRBY'S NEW GODS

>Heads up: Starting this week, DC is finally putting Jack Kirby's New Gods up on Comixology.

twitter.com/AmyZiegfeld/status/775401217874857984

Based DC, literally can't do anything wrong.

WHAAAAAAAAAAA?!

>tfw no omni ever
I'm ok with this as a consolation prize

Adding to my pull list. Priority A1.

bump

in b4 bad recoloring

I fucking hate Comixology, hopefully they provide the cbrs. Fuck. This pisses me off.

Whether they provide a backup has more to do with the publisher than Comixology. DC probably won't allow it.

Thats so god damn stupid. If I buy something I should own it, not be restricted to using their terrible fucking platform. Hopefully amazon offers the kindle versions which are just the cbrs. This upsets me, literally the only major story in the DC lore I've never been able to read.

Stripping DRM is a huge move that almost always angers publishers and content owners in any industry. So it should surprise absolutely no one that only a limited number of publishers are on board with Comixology's pro-consumer idea — at least right now. So far, those that have signed on include Image Comics, Dynamite Entertainment, Zenescope Entertainment, MonkeyBrain Comics, Thrillbent, and Top Shelf Productions. Convincing Marvel and DC to proceed down this path likely won't be an easy argument.

Just the New Gods series or the whole fucking saga?

>DIGITAL

Yuck. But i wonder if they'll reprint the hardcover omnibuses if the sales are good? Or if they'll have more of a reason not to?

You get what you get.

I'm so scared right now

I rather have higher quality scans, I hate seeing Kirby's work recolored without four color production dots. Really takes me out of the whole "these are comics from the 70s" appeal.

Also worried it's not the whole 4th world saga.

I'd prefer new omnibi's or Absolute Fourth World.

They're releasing both the original and reprint.

>digital comics from anything before the 80s

no

I read this when doing a comic book in summer camp and I thought it was the hypest shit. Does it hold up?

bout time.

i am very happy about this.

wait what

thats great you would think with the lack of original colors for killing joke they wernt willing to do this (not that it matters for the killing joke though they are both terrible colorings)

well if i recall correctly they already have forever people and mr miracle so its just new gods and jimmy olsen to go.

wait scratch that only forever people
they have the second mr miracle series

i hope they bother to combine them into the omnibus because people are going to get very confused about the reading order otherwise

Same

Remember that thread a couple weeks ago where we all begged anons to scan the omnibuses because DC was being anal?

I'm starting to believe in hypercrisis meme magic. Miracle and Olsen better be close behind. And Demon.

>And Demon
the fuck is up with the demon trades they have on comixology anyway.
they have hells hitman collecting #40, #42-#49 and the annual #2
demon from the darkness is the 4 issue mini and #22 of the ongoing (im guessing this one was put in to get people reading the trades of the ongoing to buy it so or they will miss an issue)
then things finaly start to make a little sense with the demon vol 2: the longest day collecting #50-#58 and #0

Hopefully after Dark Universe, Demon, Swamp Thing, and Deadman will all get better treatment.

Just meme hard enough an it will come true.

Wonder if it'll just be $1 a pop like Kamandi.

>paying for comics
It's like you don't want the industry to improve.

It's Ennis' run. He didn't write #41, that's why there's a gap.

ah fair enough

well explains why thats all thats on comixology anyway still seems retarded to skip over a single issue in the physical trade imagine if the hellblazer trades did that.

Starting this Thursday to be exact.

New Gods miniseries from 1984
>Essentially a reprint series, this volume packaged two issues apiece per single issue of the original 1971 series