What made the early seasons of Spongebob so good?

What made the early seasons of Spongebob so good?

Other urls found in this thread:

abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellness/watching-spongebob-makes-preschoolers-slower-thinkers-study-finds/story?id=14482447
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You were a part of its target audience back then.

Then you grew up and realized it was a shitty show made for children.

This.

But I re-watch them and still find them enjoyable while not enjoying the recent episodes.

Probably these comfy pirates backgrounds.

Perfect characters and comedic timing.

any other answer than this is delusional

It had solid humor the whole way through

Must feel sad having shit taste, doesn't it fellas?

Still explains why you like them. They change the medium to target the current age and then make an effort to keep you at that level of maturity, via "be yourself".

Near perfect comedic timing.

This is some bullshit, it's okay that you never liked the show but don't project your thoughts onto others when there's an obvious tonal shift between seasons 3 and 4.

>
>86231324

These answers are wrong.

Spongebob's earlier seasons are remarkably cleverly written, have expert comedic timing, and were made for a general audience. Even when I watched it as a kid, my dad loved to watch it with me because of how clever he thought it was.

Nowadays it's pretty much only for kids, with gross out humor and obnoxious characterization.
Plus the pacing in a lot of these new episodes range from so fast the other characters start talking before another finishes his sentence, or so slow 11 minutes feels like an eternity.

>rewatch the episodes
>still good as i remenber
Weakest bait ever.

You like shit don't you Squidward?

Because they changed SB's voice (Though still Tom Kenny), mannerisms and design as part of his big screen debut, then replaced the creative team starting with season 4. It became a totally different show.
Same thing happened with AtLA and the sequel series.

Did they change his voice on purpose, or was it just something that happened? Like was the old voice hard on the actor, or did it change gradually but people realized suddenly that he sounded different.

I haven't seen the changes addressed officially. People who grew up with the "original" seasons understand that there is something profoundly wrong, but few can determine what it is exactly.

the creative team weren't exactly replaced (though the effect is the same): Most left of their own accord before/during/after the movie, a lot of them stuck around for the earliest few episodes, and many of the crew invovled were around pre-movie, just in different positions or were only previously involved with season 1

there was another partial crew exodus surrounding the 2nd movie

Shows rarely make it past season 3 and remain good

Season 9.2 has been getting suprisingly decent though with the writers being replaced again and Hillenburg back on board. Also, slightly hype for Season 10, the supposed real game changer.

Artists with vision are eventually cycled out with normies who only know meme versions of the characters. Add that to the fact that after 100+ episodes your characters have nothing left to do. Ta-da you have a hot steaming pile of shit.

Happens every time. Even in live action.

C.H. Greenblatt.

Better question:
Band Geeks or Krusty Krab Training Video?

wow fuck off

Fpbp

it was funny

From the newer stuff I've seen, he's even squeakier and more annoying and for some reason is portrayed as having bipolar emotion where he just fucking breaks out crying like a toddler over petty shit. He used to cry but it was in examples like when he got fucked up on april fools day or felt like his grandmother didn't love him the same way anymore.

god some of the episodes recently have been horrendous

I made the mistake of watching one where squidward gets brain damage and reverts into a baby and spongebob and patrick change his shitty diapers

except that you're wrong and a fag

nostalgia

They weren't good. It's been proven that kids that watched Spongebob grew up to be less intelligent.

Got a source to back up that claim?

Frankendoodle

abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellness/watching-spongebob-makes-preschoolers-slower-thinkers-study-finds/story?id=14482447

get fucked, loser

what are you? a teenager going through a phase?

Because the flanderization process haven't set in yet.

>S1 Spongebob is a lovable, good-natured autist
>S1 Krabs is not a turbo jew on crack
>S1 Pearl is not a vapid beverly hill girl
>S1 squidward is not the protagonist of a Kafka black comedy

Coconut Fred pls

>pool of 60 four year olds who aren't in the shows age bracket
>article says its the fault of any fast paced show, not just spongebob

nice dude

why
my peanus weenus of course :)
xD

Good pacing and focused plot, jokes were quick and the comedic timing was great. Modern episodes drag out gags and feel much longer than they should

Stop taking the bait retard.

A number of elements. Good clever writing. Simple characters. The humor wasn't cynical or forced. The plots were were pretty organic with the comedy went hand and hand with the humor too. Squirrel Jokes is a good example of this.

I considered that possibility, but realized when comparing new seasons to old, there are genuine differences. In some of the newer ones it's weird, it's like they're supposed to be funny, but there aren't even any JOKES. They're just 11 minutes of nothing. The low amount of effort effort is tangible.

>They weren't good. It's been proven that kids that watched Spongebob grew up to be less intelligent.
>post a study from 2011, meaning post-season 3 Spongebob episodes
So not only did you fail to back up what you were saying, you proved other people were right when they said the new episodes are stupid.

Witty and clever writing. That and they utilize and acknowledge the fact that they're underwater. That and characters hasn't been flanderized

>that image

I was a kid an it made me laugh. Mission accomplished.