Why didn't they cast a child actress who could act for Hermione Granger?

Why didn't they cast a child actress who could act for Hermione Granger?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/wow, that's one of the best written comments I have read on this site./
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I doubt any change in actors could redeem the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>"No!"
>The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."
>I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

I have seen this before.. Twitter?

wow, that's one of the best written comments I have read on this site.
Yet I disagree about cause and effect. Even if Harry potter is setting kids up for shitty literature, it at least makes reading an option for them.
I have a few friends who never acquired the habit of reading books, and at 20+ years old feel like they cannot start.
HP is shit, sure, but it isn't it better than not reading at all?

She was adorable but grew up to be an unlikeable feminist cunt, yuck

because she was probably the only pretty british girl that they could find

retarded newfag

what

>summerfags not recognizing stale pasta

The better question is: Why wasn't Hermione black as she was depicted in the books?

looks like a fucking gremlin you dumb pedo

why didn't they cast koni demiko as hermione

>frizzy brown hair
>attractive

pedo producers
it is the UK you know

typical Hollywood racism

>koni demiko

she's too damn attractive to being fugged on camera, feelsbadman, why'd I have to be born in this timeline

>shitskin
>attractive

Hermione is white. BRITISH white, yes, but still white.

>curly brown hair
>brown eyes
>white

it's copypasta, but it's stolen from Armond White and Harold Bloom

This has to be bait, no-one can be this retarded.

Here's your (You).

Rewatching the original movie i came to realize Rupert was by far the best actor out of the trio

Hitler was blonde.

In retrospect Ron was the best guy of the three.

He has the most personality out of the three, hell iam a huge fan of the books and movies and i even i will admit harry has next to no personality and Hermione becomes a jealous bitch for a large part of the series

Exactly, he's the only one who feels like a real human bean. Harry is the brooding hero archetype that's completely self-centered, Hermione is Rowling's self-insert and exposition device.

From the perspective of the money men they really lucked out.

Emma ended up growing up to be attractive (mainstream opinion) and this probably helped sell a lot of merchandise and get a lot of girls interested.

Despite all their whining, feminists only really pay attention if attractive women are in a film. Fucking hell, if Sarah Palin was Democratic she would most certainly be President right now (media would ignore her more embarrassing early mistakes)

Newfags, Avant Garde shitposting or both?

rare avant-garde

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/wow, that's one of the best written comments I have read on this site./