Now that the dust has settled

How useful was he?

I'm on him

and absolutely no memes spawned from this movie, and the dark knight rises remains Nolans meme movie for another 2-3 years until his new film comes out.

is the fucking br rip out? no? then I don't know.

somewhat

I genuinely feel sorry for everyone who will watch Dunkirk first time when the torrent is out. I can't imagine someone experiencing the same thing when that first Stuka beach attack comes in if you watch it on your computer. The cinema experience is worth it for the sound alone.
That first shot when the brit is drinking water visibly startled the entire theatre where I was, every single shot in the film had weight to it. Undoubtedly one of the best cinema experiences of recent times.

Pretty good. He almost destroyed those stairs with his head. Two more hits and the jews would have come out.

>he dun' kirked his head

he accomplished literally nothing but dying. what a shitty way to participate in the war.

reminds me of those shots in saving private ryan where dudes get shot the instant the doors on the boats lower. it just stuck with me for the longest time, they spent all this time and effort training to fight and die without managing to fire off a single shot, without managing the smallest effort, it fucked with my head

Yeah, but just because they had a rifle beside them most people think their death is "great", while it's equally as pointless and senseless as falling down a couple of stairs and dying

I just saw it in an IMAX theatre and I thought I would struggle to actually tolerate how loud the gunfire was in that scene. I don't know if I'm just a pussy or if the theatre had it just a little too loud, but I found that scene and the scenes with the Stukas to be so loud as to be distracting from the experience.

Can't believe they got upset when he died.

I would just be like "told you so!"

They never needed him. He just took up the space that one more GI could have filled. His corpse took up room that one guy watching them float away could have been in. They should have rolled his body overboard as soon as he said he was blind.

I felt like I should drop down on the floor right with them at the first Stuka bombing. Real war is even louder, way louder.
You can get lifelong tinnitus from a single rifle shot near you, let alone multiple Stukas blaring with sirens and dropping bombs left and right.

The difference is that they trained for months on end and inspired others, even if they did die for nothing.

The faggot kid just died because he wanted attention and was important to nobody.

is there a clip of this scene online? i havent seen the movie and i want to know what accent he says it in so i can hear his voice whenever i see this thread on the catalog

George is a metaphor for dunkirk. If you examine the events, he's a colossal fuck up and borderline embarrassment, but when the story is told, it becomes much more human and endearing. At the end the movie calls him a hero just like the soldiers on the beach were heroes.

welcome to war user

what about the canadian soldiers that got friendly fired killed by bombs from american jets in the opening months of the most recent afghan war?

war is hell

Yes, but both of their deaths are equally as pointless, just like their months long training and preparation before it. That's the point.

>Real war is even louder, way louder.
At times, yes. But the scenes I am talking about I feel were a little heavy handed with the sound due to the location of its source.

The gunfire in the first scene sounded like the rifles were being fired right next to the camera, as opposed to a couple hundred yards away from the actor.

The Stuka scenes made a little more sense in that the plane got up fairly close to the ground, but again the sound where I was sitting was ridiculously loud and not really realistic due to it only being a single plane.

check out the Dieppe Raid if you want a reflection on pointless Canadian deaths

You forgot about twinkino posting

LOCAL BOY, GEORGE MILLS, JUST 17, HERO AT DUNKIRK

>due to it only being a single plane.
Have you ever experienced a low plane fly by in real life? It's not only painfully loud but it shakes you to the core. Now imagine that with literal sirens attached to the plane and with bombs dropping. The theatre is nothing compared to that, you can literally lose your hearing in real life just by being in a brief situation like that.
Also you may have head bad seat position so the sound position was not calibrated to you exactly

Watch Dunkirk trailer 2 user, you can hear his voice.

Agreed

If there's any film to watch in a cinema, it's this one

The fear and tension won't be the same sitting at a computer, you need to hear how loud the Stuka is, then hear it get even louder and actually start getting scared. Anyone on their computer will just be like "Hey that's pretty loud" and not have the same experience.

English

When he died I thought "Toss him over the board to make room for living men".
Strange how dead people are disposable when life is on the line.

Harry Styles is better looking than this gorp