Can this be considered the most iconic scene in superhero cinema? Will it still hold up after 30 years?

Can this be considered the most iconic scene in superhero cinema? Will it still hold up after 30 years?

youtu.be/hnzC0CgfP28

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uS9GJNETHsw
youtube.com/watch?v=VRCM0jWEQjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_iOC5ajR51g
youtube.com/watch?v=9Hy6S7urCZM
youtube.com/watch?v=X7LsBMA-rKg
youtube.com/watch?v=1NnyVc8r2SM
youtube.com/watch?v=x_LD0Y1kUtw
youtube.com/watch?v=kEOtJ8cIwDk
youtube.com/watch?v=gHBhKbF2xMA
youtube.com/watch?v=KNAgFhh1ji4
youtube.com/watch?v=qXPOl6EjbWg
youtube.com/watch?v=JNlnQwHWSYw
youtube.com/watch?v=QiAonyJIV_A
youtube.com/watch?v=fFyHTU8tg_0
youtube.com/watch?v=VUsssa6ArAY
youtube.com/watch?v=rXOa5bWFRKw
youtube.com/watch?v=DxRKwKJI_uI
youtube.com/watch?v=wNWy3YmM3Kw
youtube.com/watch?v=aVUDdQS2UxA
youtube.com/watch?v=bvEj5_EkzBs
youtube.com/watch?v=3BtGvV_OqSE
youtu.be/DXAva_gO8Qk
youtube.com/watch?v=394jYH82s2o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Can this be considered the most iconic scene in superhero cinema?
No.
>Will it still hold up after 30 years?
It didn't hold up for 3.

Fuck, Tony doing his 'praise be unto the missile' thing was far more memorable.

Post a more iconic scene

not sure about MOST iconic but people loved it, it's still referenced today, not sure about 30 years, we will have to wait for that

Tony doing his 'praise be unto the missile'

I don't even need to post the image.

I don't remeber that scene at all dude

First Iron Man

The full circle bit definitely leaves an impression on me.

When he launches the Jericho into the mountains?

From a movie people actually remember too.

It didn't hold up after 1. Very underwhelming film.

>Cap's costume

What were they thinking?

Mad dccuks

Lot of contrarian opinions but it's pretty known

For future generations could it have the chance to be considered as iconic as say "Luke I am you father"

The Superman shirt rip is way more iconic and has already been around for more than 30 years. But more recently the Tony demonstrating the Jericho is way more iconic, so is "Why so serious" in The Dark Knight.

Why does everyone hate it?

Bitch please.

youtube.com/watch?v=uS9GJNETHsw

>"You've got me?! Who's got you?!"
>"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?"
>Spider-Man posing against the American flag.
>"Have you ever wondered how I got these scars?"

There's plenty of more memorable moments than that one OP.

Despite of what you think about those movies the Nolan's trilogy is more memorable.

Train scene from Spider-Man 2.

First was forgettable
Second was good
Third was a meme

people still remember stuff from them tho

Yeah, Heath Ledger suicide and Baneposting. The true meme trilogy of our time.

is it really that hard to understand?

>some days you just can't get rid of a bomb

>Can this be considered the most iconic scene in superhero cinema? Will it still hold up after 30 years?
No.

And no.

>iconic
Any post using this word unironically is a troll post.

Wasn't the third a meme only on Sup Forums? Wouldn't it be wrong to judge the entire impact of the movie with the public using only Sup Forums?

I didn't used the site on that period, and I never saw te meme on the most mainstream sites.

> Will it still hold up after 30 years?

It barely holds up now. Unless you grew up with it it's going to look like a joke. And that's mostly because of how shit Captain America looks

If your employer D*sney has its way, maybe.

Hey, after the team shot, when it changes to the overhead, is that noise the sound of people cheering on the Avengers or more of the Chitauri? Always went with the former but was never sure. It'd change the scene for me.

Thor looks equally shit. Like a low budget TV show with an actor that looks like they just found some random surfer dude off the street.

Not to mention ScarJo is doing her best "I'm acting" face

You can tell they spent their entire budget on Iron Man and Hulk.

It's not even the most iconic moment of the movie.

People remember more the Hulk scenes than that on.

Hi. Im from the year 2356. This scene along with the scene from marvel vs DC where captain America takes off batman's head using his shield is considered the most memorable in all of cinema history

Yeah, "Puny God" is probably the most remembered scene from the movie.

What does a memorable scene needs to be memorable, anyway?

What about: 'Thats my secret, Cap. I'm always angry'? I'd say thats the most memorable scene of the movie.

A lasting impression. Imitation or parody out of respect.

The upside down kiss from Spider-Man. It's instantly recognizable to even the most casual fan.

youtube.com/watch?v=_iOC5ajR51g

youtube.com/watch?v=9Hy6S7urCZM

youtube.com/watch?v=X7LsBMA-rKg

youtube.com/watch?v=1NnyVc8r2SM

youtube.com/watch?v=x_LD0Y1kUtw

youtube.com/watch?v=kEOtJ8cIwDk

youtube.com/watch?v=gHBhKbF2xMA

youtube.com/watch?v=KNAgFhh1ji4

youtube.com/watch?v=qXPOl6EjbWg

youtube.com/watch?v=JNlnQwHWSYw

Also,
youtube.com/watch?v=QiAonyJIV_A

youtube.com/watch?v=fFyHTU8tg_0

youtube.com/watch?v=VUsssa6ArAY

youtube.com/watch?v=rXOa5bWFRKw

youtube.com/watch?v=DxRKwKJI_uI

youtube.com/watch?v=wNWy3YmM3Kw

youtube.com/watch?v=aVUDdQS2UxA

youtube.com/watch?v=bvEj5_EkzBs

youtube.com/watch?v=3BtGvV_OqSE

>still refernce it
No they dont

..I can't even remember what that first line is from.

The only thing people really remember from the third is Bane's voice. And, in retrospect, people make fun of Bale's as well. Ledger's performance still gets lots of love though.

You're clearly just posting your favorite capeshit scenes.

Chitauris crying.

Holy shit the Spiderman train scene hasn't held up well. That CG is jarring.

>Tony demonstrating the Jericho is way more iconic

You idiots have NO IDEA what iconic means

It was awesome, but I've rarely heard it mentioned outside of Sup Forums and superhero movie/comic fan circles.

That scene still kinda chokes me up. Reminds me how crazy it is that we actually got this on film. And not just an Avengers movie. A movie that served as a sequel to all these characters' films.

Guy turning his back on something exploting is extremely old, loved the scene in the context of the movie, but it's shit without it. And there's nothing "iconic" about it.

Yes it was iconic. All the faggots posting otherwise have no idea what iconic means. It was the first time in history a superhero team had assembled on the big screen.

As for the second part it depends on if capes shit will still be popular

To be honest it's not actually that memorable. I love Marvel films and I've watched Avengers multiple times. Yet when I watched that scene just now it felt like I viewed it for the first time almost, just hints of it being recalled.

I watched The Dark Knight in 2008 and probs once more when it came out on DVD and I still remember the Jokers scenes for some reason. TDK will be a more classic movie than The Avengers in thirty years I bet too.

I say this as someone who enjoys Marvel films more than DC ones; TDK will be remembered more than all of the current Avengers movies. The reason for that is up to you to make your headcanon.

pure nerdy kino

The Pencil scene in the Dark Knight

Tony's spiel was very character establishing.

And how that would make the scene "iconic"?

It's like when retards think spiderman is iconic and their argument is that the character is popular.

Superman learning to fly in MoS

Avengers was fun, but it's far from iconic. I'd say the upside down kiss from Spider-Man or any scene from BatNolan is more recognizable.

All good choices.

Normally, I wouldn't agree, but this helped cement it in my mind
youtu.be/DXAva_gO8Qk

i agree with you all 100%

Superman.When he flies with Lois for the first time. Most people here are probably too young to remember. The whole "You will believe a man can fly" aspect was a bit part of the marketing.

>2016
>Not posting the GOAT scene that would change the way Batman media and superheroes in general would be perceived from that moment on

Seriously ,you guys?

Mary Jane and Peter kissing in Spiderman 1.
John's death in Superman 1.
"I'm Batman" from Batman 1.

Nolan's trilogy is damn quotable and has plenty of quotes via Alfred, Bruce, and Harvey.

The only thing I remember anbout ths movie is the "we have a hulk" line from the trailer and "Puny god," and I only remember "puny god" because everybody made fun of Marvel for ripping it off in like 5 books immediately afterwards.

These movies are legit garbage

Nope.

>tony demonstrating the jerocho

The what now

Its very unlikely any modern superhero scene will become as iconic as ones from older movies, due to the glut of them and fact that what was once new to audiences isn't as special anymore. That, and people in general watch less commercials, and that's how a lot of these classic scenes became famous. To alot of people, things like the MCU have blended into one long series; and while individuals might have scenes they really remember, its hard to find one that everyone generally does.

The stuff that entered pop culture, stuff like "Kneel before Zod", "I'm Batman", the upside-down kiss from Spider-man all redfined superheroes, or gave them a new view of them to audiences. Zod introduced a truly equal supervillain. Batman's intro made him a dark, sinister figure. The kiss gave an erotic edge to the genre, that had only been teased before in things like batman returns.

Characters may become iconic; Ledger's Joker has, for better or worse, as has RDJ's Iron Man. But scenes will be harder to stick in public consciousness.

In addition to Jonathan's death, which someone else posted, the scene where Clark saves Lois:

"Easy, Miss, I've got you."
"You got me. Who's got you?"

And from the second movie, when Superman tells Zod, "General, would you care to step outside."

That's, of course, completely discounting the "Kneel before Zod" scene.

MJ and Peter's kiss has been mentioned several times and as people said, it's highly iconic, way more so than the Joker scene from TDK (which has the benefit of being played over and over again as part of the trailer and commercials). If you stopped 100 people in Times Square, most would probably REMEMBER the kiss, unprompted, although if you showed them ten scenes, including the Joker one, many would likely pick that.

I's also agree that the Rami Spider-Man landing against the flag pole with the American flag (which actually was in all three films, I believe), would be remembered, even if folks are remembering two or three different images.

Battle for NY wouldn't even be the top three of the most iconic MCU Phase 1 moments (I think Peggy firing the gun at Cap's plain shield would probably be more memorable to more people, even though the movie sold less tickets in theaters than Avengers did).

The Thor/IM fight from the movie or even Loki killing Agent Coulson is more memorable.

Because it looks like utter shit.

Memorable =! Iconic

>It was the first time in history a superhero team had assembled on the big screen.
That's not what iconic means.

youtube.com/watch?v=394jYH82s2o

Superman tearing off his shirt to reveal the symbol is the most iconic shot in all of superhero cinema.

Ironically it was this moment and the big fight scene where I realized I just didn't give a shit about any of the characters on the screen and nothing that happened matters because there's going to be movie after movie with all of them. This one moment killed any desire to see future Marvel movies.

>hundreds of chitauri crawling all over the city
>the team stand there and do an iconic shot
>slow mo
>civilians standing in the middle of the road but walk to safety and remain unscathed by the collapse of a thousand ton creature clad in armour
>steve's little swimming cap outfit
>thor flexing mjolnir
>hawkeye nocks an arrow
>blackwidow cocks a pistol
>these are treated as equally imposing gestures

k e k e d even at the time

That's the same logic behind comics.
Why are you in this board?

Tony who wha? I have never seen a MCU film. I am a casual in that respect. If it was so iconic, I should have a vague knowledge of what you're discussing. Batman saying "I'm Batman"? Iconic. The "Why So Serious" scene? Iconic. Superman's dad dying in the first film? Iconic. That? Not iconic.

Absolutely no one fucking remembers the first Superman movies.
No one cares about Superman nowadays, even Suicide Squad is going to make more than Man of Steel.

>If it was so iconic, I should have a vague knowledge of what you're discussing.
You think the average teenager knows about Superman's dad in the first Superman movie?

Doubt they even know there's 4 old Superman movies.

it was stolen from Michel bay films, if anything its reference to that.

I will say it ONCE.
There's NOTHING iconic in the MCU movies.

Also, you don't need to watch a superman movie to KNOW superman, that's what makes him and batman iconic.

Here is that shot Snyderized!

You don't deserve to remember then

There's nothing iconic in superhero movies at all.
All there is are random scenes that people started referencing over and over, but they are all the same movies about magical good guys beating evil magical bad guys.

You need to be 18 to post here.

>Also, you don't need to watch a superman movie to KNOW superman, that's what makes him and batman iconic.
Then you are talking about characters, not about movies.

Go expose your inferiority complex and fight your virgin brand wars elsewhere.

Hahahah lol xD It's funny because of the filters!!! Nice joke, friend!

Notice also that it looks better.

But it's true, that's how people nowadays think.
Outside of Sup Forums, there's almost no young people who know about the old Superman movies, and I think knowing about them is a requierement to them being iconic.
You only have grandpas and a bunch of comic fans.

Not at all, someone just pissed all over the screen.

The people who need filters for their shots are all talentless hacks, every single one of them.

Stop being delusional. The original film is one of the most popular cape films out there.

Oh yeah, we all know how normies simply CAN'T stop talking about Superman 1, they all have watched it and they all think of how epic it was.
Please, the only people who know the original 4 Superman movies are, as I said, a couple of comic fans and old people.

Clark running and opening his shirt it's iconic, Batman opening his Cape to make it look like a giant bat? that's iconic too.