But really though, Return of the Joker is so fscking good

But really though, Return of the Joker is so fscking good.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VzmoE9SKlDg
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There's only one better version of the Joker.

He looks so bad in that outfit and hair tho.

The outfit could use a little work but it's fine.

And the hair is great.

The point is, they ditched the season 4 B:TAS design.

I remember I was really surprised at how he was kicking Terry's ass and was actually kind of rooting for him to get away

>dumb premise
>dumb plot devices
>le quipping will make the Joker snap! ending

It was average but considering the age of most people on this board I am not surprised is so overrated.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but wasn't the reason for that because the whole "technological possession" from the Joker was flawed in that it would only generate the craziness of the Joker without any of the mental control? Like the only reason telling the Joker he wasn't funny worked was because it wasn't REALLY the Joker but a weirdly extreme version of him (i.e. what every faggot who claims the Joker is their favorite villain believes him to be)?

>>le quipping will make the Joker snap! ending
Buddo, you're implying this movie isn't awesome in SPITE of that.

Other people seem to like that Terry heckled him into submission.

I was not one of those people. But even so, this movie is THE TITS. Second only to Phantasm in my opinion.

But isn't the Joker's whole deal that he's basically a big bundle of insecurities trying really hard to be a spooky scary clown?
Like, he loves to put on a show, but the second you pull one over on HIM, it's all over (see Mad Love).

kill yourself.

Good taste

There was once a great copypasta about how, fundamentally, BTAS Joker is just an angry, hateful man. When the chips are down and the jokes stop he's just a sadist and a monster who wants to hurt as many people as he possibly can. I wish I had the screencap saved.

The one thing that will make a comideian snap more than anything else is being told they arn't funny.

Its kind of make sense with the body being Tim

Totally

Fantastic film, loved every minute of it.

>Joker being able to create a chip that changes people DNA into his own and recreates his personality
>this is considered good writing

Mad Hatter lives in this universe, Mate.

I liked how Terry started fucking with him by doing the one thing Bruce never tried, laughing and mocking him
All of you fuckbois that never watched Return of the Joker yet you need to get on that, but don't watch it until after you finish at least season 1 of Beyond or else you won't get a good sense of Terry's character and background.

Think of it like a nanotech version of his Joker Gas.

Does anyone remember the time he tried to copyright the fish?

Joker was way into this dumb shit. It's within that same league of absurd.

This has always been the impression I got.

He's CAPRICIOUS, in the purest sense. And capricious people are rather horrifying.

Like drinking lemonade, and suddenly a seed goes up the straw. It's just unpleasant and annoying, and you're never truly comfortable drinking it again. Chik Fil A sells their lemonade like this in case you were wondering.

>Terry: Drop your pants

>le quipping

I swear, words mean NOTHING to you people despite this medium being one of reading. He was taunting the joker, not quipping with him.

I actually love the design. It's simple and futuristic, but still feels like the Joker.

I actually hated most of it. It's slow and the plot isn't very compelling at all. Luckily the flashback scene is there to salvage it. It turns for me what would be a 4/10 movie to a 8/10.

Seriously that flashback might just be my favorite Batman moment of all time

Dude, remember Mad Love? BTAS Joker hated nothing more than having someone swipe a joke under him. Terry not only did that, but he was making jokes *at* him, and saying that his jokes were better than Joker's.

BTAS Joker, remember, is not this weird amalgam of perfect chaos that the comics have tried to make Joker. He was a hateful, cruel, capricious, narcissistic as SHIT fuckhole that was also clever and crazy. He needed to be important and the center of attention. Terry was basically treating him like a second rate dumbo, and that makes Joker want to put the brat in his place.

>s

I'm just doing a thing I've been doing for years user.

You'll live.

Oh ok, we can move forward then.

can't even tell you how many times i jerked off to these two

what are you talking about the whole reason i disliked BB was the fucking quipping. it was made to appeal to a younger audience and it showed in everything

to add to this i think it helped a lot that i knew it was melissa joan hart screaming and grunting all the time

It's probably the greatest non-theatrically released superhero film, yeah.

Yeah, going from a two piece suit to that just doesn't seem right. Give him the flower or something to break it up.

Twice?

>twice

>we'll never see Terry animated again

Man, it's been so long since I saw this series. I can't even remember these two's names.

dee dee

What was stopping original Joker from putting Joker chips on multiple people?

what about the other one

dee dee

Other people didn't know so much about the Bat as Tim knew, I guess

thanks dee dee

maybe thats how the fucking joker keeps coming back to life

>On the commentary to Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, the producers said that the twins' facial makeup was based on that of Raggedy Ann, while their clothes are reminiscent of a fashion popular among manga fans in Japan.

Ah, that explains the sex appeal.

The flashback and Harley's appearance at the end were the best.

Seriously, with all the stupid ass Suicide Squad shit lately it's nice to remember that originally she eventually gave up being a manic pixie girl to realize that being a fucking psychopath criminal is, y'know, BAD.

> it was made to appeal to a younger audience and it showed in everything

The show was by far the darkest of the entire DCAU.

For some odd reason I fucking love the idea of a Joker that can toe to toe with Batman physically. Also I love the idea of Terry switching to Joker-Esque tactics trying to get under the Joker's skin. It's one of the neatest reversals of tactics for both characters I've ever seen.
youtube.com/watch?v=VzmoE9SKlDg

>e show was by far the darkest of the entire DCAU.

go back and rewatch older shit and tell me a lot of those stories werent dark and depressing.

watching a bad guy fall to the center of the earth or living half dissolved isnt NEARLY as dark as being robin watching some chick you just met and kind of care about getting fucking sucked back into clayface while he laughs and says fuck you

It is, though.

I've watched all of DCAU multiple times and can say that batman beyond wasn't as dark as a lot of shit.

batman beyond had a lot of bad guy meets his demise episodes, that isnt dark. thats kid shit. there wasnt nearly as much story or emotion in the episodes of batman beyond as a lot of other stuff made in DCAU

>that isnt dark.
It is, though.

okay well this is your third post saying nuh uh batman beyond is dark so i'm going to sleep

good luck arguing with people in real life senpai

Can you explain your side beyond "It is, though."? Because if not you look like an imbecile.

I love a lot about that film but Joker just understanding and having bleeding edge tech that even Bruce overlook and missed in his prime was a buzz kill.
I understand no matter how you pitch it it was going to be a hard pitch but I feel this was more a cope out.

>Suicide Squad shit lately it's nice to remember that originally she eventually gave up being a manic pixie girl to realize that being a fucking psychopath criminal is, y'know, BAD.
thats because the DCAU had continuity and progression....the characters were aging instead of being in the same loop forever.....
and even then, iirc in gotham city sirens, harley had mostly moved past the joker until a new writer came in and
back to the start

>What was stopping original Joker from putting Joker chips on multiple people?
maybe he just hadn't managed to tag other people before he died?
or maybe he DID and it just didn't really come to light because whatever individual got caught quickly.

The flashback sequence is the only truly great part of this movie. The rest is very well animated but not impressive narrative wise

Yeah you can fuck off now.

I thought he would want to be the only one. Also it does tb ha

>fscking

It's okay, you can say fuck here. Your mom is too busy taking my dick to care about what you post on Sup Forums.

I always found the death by electrocution to be more horrifying than simply shooting him because of the death scream Joker gave.

Am I a pleb for liking them in their club disguises more? Don't get me wrong, they looked good in their usual getup, but still...

They looked good, but a dress can't compete with hotpants, m8.

muh dick

That is a very disgruntled Terry.

Why is Bruce old?? I thought he died at the end of Dark Knight Rises?

Their lemonade is still delicious

But Terry joking didn't make him snap, it just made him angry and sloppy enough for Terry to get a sucker punch in at just the right moment.

Joker is a genius in the DCAU. Plus he could have borrowed some tech from Jervis plus the Cadmus tech he stole.

not that guy but I'll never stop being a damn sucker for their fries, I like the skins bc its a nice change of pace

Everything about Chic fil A is pretty delicious, even the tears of the protestors

He's supposed to look like a mime

>well-if-its-a-whoopin-you're-a-wanting.jpg

mimes wear stripes

Fuka Mi

Fuka Yu

The only good thing about ROTJ

Without nostalgia goggles, Batman Beyond was pretty shit desu desu

Joker stole a bunch of government black ops tech when he freed the Royal Flush Gang from that top secret facility, including the Dark Heart nanotech Cadmus had confiscated and was doing R&D on.
Terry brings this up to Waller in Epilogue. The same nanotech was used to overwrite his father's DNA with Bruce's.

So it's actually very clever writing albeit retroactive.

Batman Beyond was a WB executives idea to get some of that Marvel money - they decided that adult superhero wasnt relatable enough, so they made Batman into a Spiderman ripoff - Terry is a highschool kid with girl problems , raised by a single female, almost all his vilans are direct ripoffs of Spideys enemies,hell his suit can make him stick to walls and cellings

Does that make it bad through?

Well, now I'm picturing him with a beret. It doesn't change the fact the one piece suit is just an ugly splash of dark color. He just needs anything to break up the monotony

Hey, you old fuck. I got Super Mario Sunshine. I hear you 90s kids like CDs.

I don't remember those characters. Are they from Jabba's Palace?

They were scrawny as fuck, but damn were they still hot.

>Not knowing Harley's & Ivy's granddaughters

They are called the Dee-Dee twins

Its a meme, you dip.
Fsck is a linux command.

Surely not every minute.

THAT'S A MAN, BABY

That wasn't the thing that got my goat, what did get it was why would the Joker use a space laser to do shit in the first place. You'd think he'd do something more in line with his motif just like all the other shit he did before in TAS. The smiley face doesn't count.

No. His villains are expies of Batman villains.

>to get some of that Marvel money

Marvel money didn't exist then. They had no animation and I don't even think X-Men was out at that point

>Batman in da future sounds like the lamest cash grab ever
>It's just as good as TAS and the villains had sinister and violent ends

Bruce Timm and Paul Dini with their crew can really spin gold