“Was that racist, or did it just seem racist...

>“Was that racist, or did it just seem racist?” That was the basic idea of the conversation that my friends and I had as we left the movie theater in the spring of 2007.
Do you believe he thought that?
Why is he digging at this movie just now if he thought this so long ago?
avclub.com/article/zack-snyders-300-presaged-howling-fascism-alt-righ-259286

everything that appeals to males (especially white ones) is facist in current year. get your facts right shitlord.

also donate to my patreon

reminds me of the 'king of the hill reboot for THE TRUMP ERA' article, just reaching so hard for some extra hits

Honestly looking at that image of Butler I wouldn't be able to say "yeah Leonidas is white!"

>giving a shit about some kike leftist's opinions on jewish mind-sludge on a tabloid website

yet he reeks of toxic masculinity

>2007
So the year before Obama swept to power for his first term?

Yes, yes: everything is racist. We get it.

>howling fascism
That sounds badass.

It was racist - the contemporary literature of the Ancient Greeks frequently describes blondes and redheads which the movie 300 did not.

It inaccurately depicted the overwhelming majority of Ancient Greeks as swarthy black hiared folk. Also the Persians should have been shown as far hairier and more obsessed with gaudy jewellry than they were.

For who? Fascism is the opposite of "badass," the opposite of masculinity, the opposite of individuality and agency. There is literally nothing less than bad-ass than a fascist, boot-licker, worshiper. Fascism is inherently submissive, which explains why everyone on Sup Forums is so emotionally fragile and whiny.

That's true. Maybe I need to rewatch the movie. If Leonidas clearly was not white then surely this faggot would be sucking his dick. Or maybe this guy is solely going off the meta knowledge that the actor is white. I don't know I am not crazy like this faggot who lives off making clickbait. Greeks are brown from what I've seen.

Greeks
Are
Not
White

I think zack just wanted to make a cool Spartan movie based off a comic not some social commentary on toxic masculinity

>Film has white guys
>Instantly must be racist

I hate this timeline

The phrase ''howling fascism''. Fuck me, stop being such a melodramatic little faggot.
>emotionally fragile and whiny
Wew lad

Of course 300 celebrates fascism. You can analyze the story without being pretentious about it. These limp-wristed idiots have no idea what is the nature game they want to start playing.

>howling fascism

And howling fascism is as badass as howling dress wearing, or howling ballet dancing

My favorite scene in this film is when they all bust out in laughter as the "blot out the sun" arrows are raining down on their shields. I never imagined that this movie would be controversial. If you love World War 2 movies you have no right to hate this comic book movie about Sparta.

who's that leatherclad antifa semen dominatrix in the back?

>Wanting to defend your country from slavery and eradication is 'alt right'

I really enjoyed the movie. I do remember there was some SJW media talking about it being controversial at the time but it was pretty discreet. It would have been interesting to see the reaction if that movie was released in 2017.

You should have already known liberals HATE this movie. I remember reading a Cracked article back before it went to complete shit that advocated that the Greeks should have just let the Persians conquer them on the the grounds that they were fairer to women and were a multi-ethnic society.It was a sign of things to come.

>Fascism is the opposite of "badass," the opposite of masculinity
Then why are you crying about it so much? It should be a non-issue of it's so feminine. That's the opposite of masculinity. Femininity. You saying women are a joke? Hmmm.

I can't wait until these nu males are hanging by their entrails.

I guess Tom ((Breihan)) is a cunnyseur

Is that Jordyn Jones?

>Holds conflict, war, and the male form in high regard
>Values tradition, honour, loyalty
>Not bad ass

Being a degenerate isn't masculine

I love racism.

is he saying the spartans are racist for opposing a conquering force?

We need a remake for MODERN AUDIENCES where the Persians just come in and enrich Greece. Let's disregard the part where Persia saw the Greeks and anyone not explicitly Persian as natural slaves.

>he opposite of masculinity

that would be liberalism/progressivism lmfao

The media are trying to turn everything that's masculine into something "bad". All they will get is the opposite of what they want.

>defending your homeland is racist
>violence is toxic masculinity

Shoo, shoo, sneaky jew

Says the fucking communist

Snyder is a hack

#notallpersians

But the Persians have all the cool shit. >monsters
>explosives
>cool beards
>the black guy from Spartacus
>based Xerxes
>special units like in a fuckin' RTS game

In the sequel their ships ride a tsunami and Eva Green is their leader and rapes the Strike Back guy while showing her tits in 3D.

The Greeks are nice and all but the Persians are the equivalent of the Empire from Star Wars

On topic reminder

whom*

>dont defend yourself, its racist
>lilterally anything masculine is "alt right™"

holy fuck i hate jews so much

>MUH ALT RIGHT

lol, doesn't exist. You libcucks just lost to white people sick of your shit. Mad?

I didn't think believing that the government should grant me a small roof over my head, healthcare and the right to smoke weed meant Muslims and women should tear apart my country. Why can't we believe in taxes while also wanting to preserve our species?

what ru a fuckin faggot?

It was very obviously about getting people hyped up for the wars in the middle east but yeah sure racism.
Fuck's sake

>Fascism is inherently submissive, which explains why everyone on Sup Forums is so emotionally fragile and whiny.
Just like all Feminists, huh? Food for thought.

because nu-feminism has now entirely infected the old mainstream left

MACCED

>rewrites history to cast a society of feudal slave owning pederasts as heroic freedom fighters
>Then goes on to cast the Persian empire, one of humanities great civilizations, all retarded Sup Forumsfags memes aside, as a bunch of perverts and monsters. Goes on to demonize them for owning slaves as if the Spartans were any better
>Somehow casts brown swarthy greeks as white europeans with english and scottish accents
>Somehow casts brown Persians as blacks and fat hairy arabs
>Ninjas? In ancient Persia? Are you a fucking retard or something?
>Movie launched at the same time Dubya was agitating for war with Iran so clearly a way for big corporations to incite the idiot dude bros into yet another war

I don't think anyone can deny it was racist. It was basically modern day Birth of a Nation. If Lebanon released a movie about heroic muslim pushing back Crusaders from Jerusalem, people would literally be shitting themselves in autistic rage.

Even aside from that, it was just a really fucking shit movie. Slow mo is over used as hell. The characters are way too full of themselves and one dimensional. There's this grimy dark filter which makes the whole movie look like shit. You know how you watch a movie and you start actively rooting for the bad guy to win? That's how I know a movie is bad and I was feeling it hardcore here.

Look I'm a sucker for historical movies and there is an incredible story to be told with the battle of thermopolye. If they had told it like Kingdom of Heaven or like the Rome tv series, I would have loved it. But rewriting history to act as war propaganda is fucking disgusting. I try not to be a retard conspiracy theory but a small part of me suspects that ((Zach Snyder)) got CIA backing and support to push out this movie so that Bush would have an easier time convincing the public to go to war with Iran. I suppose in that case, we should be grateful that Snyder is a fucking hack.

because wanting to be provided for is a feminine quality

>brown swarthy greeks
WE

It's not a historical movie, it's a comic book adaptation. When you watch it that way it all makes sense.

by far the WORST thing about this movie is how the cgi blood splatters magically disappear upon touching the ground.

Well it's a pretty shitty comic book.

I found it pretty good. Small army of super strong guys fighting against all odds and a huge army of strong guys, wasn't really expecting more of it.

How dare white people be in films

>The Persian side, on the other hand, looks like a lot more fun; the orgy pit, which we’re apparently supposed to see as some sort of appalling gender-fluid hell, looks like a more pleasant place than anywhere in Sparta.

it is rare something lets me jumpstart photoshop with such motivation

When you let drug addicted single mothers have control of the child for so many years before the straight laced father is granted custody you can't say "hurrr fuck you for wanting a safety net!" This is why eugenics should be enforced. You can't set kids up for failure and then tell them to go fuck themselves.

This shitty videogame does not warrant any replies.

What? 300 was just a fun action movie that appealed to nearly everyone. You've got crazy mythos shit going on, action, half naked men for the ladies/homos. It was successful because it was like lighting in a bottle.

I remember History channel, you know back before they were nothing but fucking reality tv, did a really neat documentary on the whole of Thermopylae and compared/contrasted elements of the film.

Fuck I hate the revisionist clickbate shit.

Should have included the Baphomet from that scene too

its not clickbait. its theme is quite real - i say this as a german.

ummm, carrots

>16 year old newfags shitposting about a 10 year old controversy

people were calling this movie racist when it came out, particularly in the middle east. the idea that it "presaged" the trump administration or whatever is fucking retarded though, its just a shitty movie that was originally for dudebros but is now beloved by politics-obsessed online nerds

Christ. The word 'degenerate' has never before been so apt a description.

>defending yourself from foreign cucks is fascist
sign me the fuck up

ALEXANDER DID NOTHING WRONG

This
Might as well call Rambo 3 racist, wanted dead or alive racist or any of the numerous films from the 90's

They were peaceful refugees looking to culturally enrich the stagnate Greeks.

300 was just fun to watch you fucking faggot. It wasnt meant to be 'historical' or historically accurate

It was just the story of the battle that was told the way the spartans would have told it. Seriously go fuck yourself with this social justice faux fedora tipping overly analytical bullshit. Youre not nearly as smart as you think you are. Its just obvious that you were very uncomfortable watching a traditional display of masculinity in a fantasy setting and needed to justify that feeling with a bunch of idiotic rambling

Last i checked nobody went to war with iran.

>particularly in the middle east.
The third world didn't have any ground on the internet until after everybody had smartphones in their hands. The iphone only just released in the year 300 came out. Sorry that most of us (surely) are not shitskins.

300 is and always has been a numale fantasy flick right down to gorgo
how is it alt right

Fucking hell. This rustles me on two fronts. One, being well everything stated there and the second that it's a fucking comic that purposely put the Persians in that light because it's just that and it's how the Greeks saw them. As fucking degenerates.

Back in reality the Persians basically didn't give a fuck what religion you were and would allow every king of every country to just keep on keeping on. They just wanted taxes. It was a pretty efficient way of ruling and the Persians were very tolerant.

how about this

>The mother with a crazy smile
>The dindu with a rapist monster smile
>The daughter with a slut stand
>The father with a "you may wonder how I ended here" expression
>The boy not realising what's going on
It's so dense in so many levels. Pottery.

>>Then goes on to cast the Persian empire, one of humanities great civilizations

Stopped reading there, you have shit taste in ancient empires

>avclub
STOP
GIVING
THEM
HITS

Use Archive you lazy jackass OP

Also AVClub is a liberal SJW cesspool about PC in every movie nowadays
Why would you read their RT-tier garbage 'opinions'?

and too make it worse i dont even think those are his children

>Only the females and niggers are grinning
Jesus fucking Christ

>Use Archive you lazy jackass OP
I did originally but somehow their website circumvents archive.org. Don't believe me? Try it yourself.

it's weird seeing images like this when you know the biggest poster of capeshit on this board is facing this exact same thing in real life yet he spends all his days here
god save sweden and germany

This is obvious $$$ bait.

what the fuck is this

But according to Sup Forums the Greeks arent white. Actually, noone is white except for albino Norwegians.

iran was all over this movie condemning it and it was definitely a news cycle item for a while around 300's release (especially considering the iran-usa tensions at the time), not to mention many reviews/critics calling it out as racist. in any event my point was that dredging up an 11 year-old controversy is obvious shitposting and yet this thread is on page 0

>You can't set kids up for failure and then tell them to go fuck themselves.
You're right. No fault divorce should be illegal, and the democrat party shouldn't have led an all out assault on the traditional family. Lot's of kids got, and are still getting, fucked up because of those things.

>Can you believe how islamohpbic and racist this flick was
>What Arnold did to his wife was disgusting, what a misogynist
>He should have just let her have sex with Bill Paxton's character because as we all know there is literally nothing wrong with being a cuck.

Imagine being so butthurt and delusional that you have to imagine everyone as some strawman just to get through the day. Typical fascist with their tiny dicks, submissive attitudes, and fragile emotional balance.

Consolidating your enemies into a single assailable monolith that your people can understand is something that all good leaders must do. Hitler talked about this extensively in Mein Kampf actually.
Problems arise, however, when your enemies are too distinct from each other for this to be done cogently. This is why the left looks so stupid to anyone who isn't already brainwashed.
To them, anything that presents whites, masculinity, or tradition in general in a positive light is fascist, and also alt-right.

I love 300, Man of Steel, and Batman v Superman more than Dawn of the Dead 2004. I also love Dead Rising more than DOTD 2004. Tip your fedora at me for having a wrong-thought, lads.

>submission to authority is a masculine trait

What do people think they're accomplishing writing articles like this? Now I just want to rewatch 300 more.

>Imagine being so butthurt and delusional that you have to imagine everyone as some strawman just to get through the day
>proceeds to imagine facsists as some strawmen just to get through his day

I'm not imagining fascists as a strawman, I'm imaging fascists as what they are. Submissive bitches who worship authority. You on the other hand are pretending people who hate fascists are male feminists, which makes no sense at all. You're so dumb you must be from Sup Forums.