Draw on the map what you define as "Europe"

Draw on the map what you define as "Europe"

Sorry but Finland is geographically western russia, and basicly Western Siberia. We have nothing to do with europeans

Interesting

NO NO NO
NOT EUROPEAN
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

nobody likes cyprus

disgusting thread full of braintumor having retards

>triggered by geography

before coming to int I never knew that definition of Europe was so controversial

10/10

It's not really controversial, it's just Sup Forums autism. Do you not consider Russia, at least up to Moscow to be European?

This.

I just realized I included the Czech Republic and I should've left it out.

This meme has overstayed its welcome, user.

Accurate

best meme answer

only non meme answer

it's not a meme, 99% of the world does in fact consider the western third of russia to be in europe

These are the factually correct answers, Europe is not a continent but a peninsula, and so it is cultural region not a continental one. Russia is culturally European, but not geographically.

>Russia is culturally European
Maybe in Peter the Great's wet dreams

>Russia is culturally European

europe's shape is not defined as a peninsula, it has specifically defined boundaries

>european religion
>european language
>european culture
>european history
>european race
What planet are you living on where the Russians aren't European?

European is more than just G*rmanic. Russians still retain a similar culture to other Slavs.

>99% of the world does in fact consider the western third of russia to be in europe
This is some fresh and hilarious maymay you have there.

No, those are arbitrary boundaries divorces from reality. It only functions as an imagined political and cultural boundary, but not real or geographic.

good post

>Russians still retain a similar culture to other Slavs

the arbitrary boundaries you're talking about are the ones that people actually use, so they're the ones that are the least divorced from reality

Please explain vatnik.

Everything west of Turkey is Europe and European people. Russia is European too.

I would even allow a Turkish state in Europe, provided it is only the Western part.

>Europe is not a continent but a peninsula
Correct, and the peninsula ends where mainland eurasia begins, with the volga cleanly separating the two. The grand majority of russians and most of moscow are located on the eurasian side of the volga.
QED not europeans.

Draw on the map countries that are mongolian

>european religion
Orthodox Christianity was manly Western Asian at the time of Russia's christianization
>european language
Just like Afghanistan's
>european culture
No
>european history
Except they started to be relevant for European history only in the XVIII century
>european race
t. never seen a Russian in real life

Lad are you retarded? Because people believe in it, it's real? Reality is independent of what people believe. Europe is not a continent, but a peninsula. That's what it physically is in reality, all other depictions are just spooks in the mind.

I am a brainlet when it comes to geography so can someone explain to me how countries like Georgia and Cyprus are part of the EU whereas Turkey isn't?

Why no Estonia or Hungary?

Turkey is human rights violater

>Because people believe in it, it's real?
yes

>Reality is independent of what people believe.
we aren't talking about "reality", we're talking about human conventions

Georgia is not part of the EU. Turkey is neither because they are not European, nor do they comply with EU when it comes to reform.

Cyprus is part of EU mostly because it is inhabited by Greeks (half of it) and is a tourism location for a lot of Europeans.

They are not Muslim and don't grossly violate human rights in broad daylight. Also, Georgia is not EU

Europe ends at the Volga river

this is what makes europe a worldpower

>Volga
*Danube

Ah explains. I remember hearing that Turkey isn't part of EU because of political instability.

Also, sorry I was thinking Georgia might be european.

>yes
It's only real for the mind. Not reality.
>we aren't talking about "reality", we're talking about human conventions
No. Continents are real physical things, not human conventions. Cultural regions like Europe are human constructions.

That you can extend its boundaries arbitrarily?

Georgia and the others are in Eurovision and often participate in European things. They are viewed as more European than Turkey is

every single thing you can designate a noun for is an object of human perception and defined by arbitrary human conventions

saying that continents exist in reality is meaningless beyond those conventions

we are the only judges on what continents are, because nothing else in the universe cares

Red is Europe. Blue is arguably Europe. Green is honorary Europe.

Fuck off Iceland is N.America

Why do a lot of western europeans in this thread associate Europe with only the more rich and prosperous european nations?

I am 100% sure ex-yugoslavian nations and balkans are part of europe

>every single thing you can designate a noun for is an object of human perception and defined by arbitrary human conventions
Yes, but there is a difference between a mental concept and a physical entity or object. To claim the noun apple is the same as the noun happiness, is wrong.
>saying that continents exist in reality is meaningless beyond those conventions
No, continents have a set definition. Physical objects and entities are very much distinct from social conventions and constructs.
>we are the only judges on what continents are, because nothing else in the universe cares
That does not mean reality is subservient to human whims.

Do Americans really believe this?

>he doesn't realize it's a meme

>To claim the noun apple is the same as the noun happiness, is wrong.
that isn't a good analogy, because all apples are agreed to be the same physical thing, while all continents aren't

>No, continents have a set definition.
not really, have you tried looking it up? it's pretty up in the air

>That does not mean reality is subservient to human whims.
but human perception is, and the only access we have to "reality" is through our perception

>christianity is not european
You're retarded m8
>afghanistan's language is european
Again, you're retarded. The french words for you are vous and tu, the russian words are vi and ti
Please stop with your delusions, arab rape baby.

The only one who is retarded here is you.

Be quiet Wang, I'm speaking about Western Russia.

italians and r*ssians confirmed for not european

>You're retarded m8
Palestine is in Europe now?
>The french words for you are vous and tu, the russian words are vi and ti
>using morphological similitude to define kinship between languages separated by thousands of years of divergence and mutual isolation
De Saussure is rolling in his grave

>g*orgia is more european than Turkey

What are we?

Proud Finngolians

You forgot Malta but this is the only correct answer and the most common answer people around the world will give you

this

You should stop speaking, it is rather embarassing to read.

how dare you respond to me

:)

>Palestine is in Europe now?
You mean mostly muslim Palestine?
>using morphological similitude to define kinship between languages separated by thousands of years of divergence and mutual isolation
Are you seriously arguing the Russian language isn't European, but something like Spanish which is 20% Arabic is more so?

huh?

did your gramps get sent to the gulags or something?

>the wh*Toid hometundra

my grandpa was the one to send people to gulag actually

>You mean mostly muslim Palestine?
Yes, you know, the place where Christianity is actually form
>Are you seriously arguing the Russian language isn't European, but something like Spanish which is 20% Arabic is more so?
I'm saying that there is no such thing as "European language" you shithead, the family is called "Indoeuropean" for a reason. And if you really want to know, Russian is actually more closely related to Sanskrit or ancient Iranian than, say German or Latin

>that isn't a good analogy, because all apples are agreed to be the same physical thing, while all continents aren't
Sure it is, both are real physical objects. All apple's fit a certain physical criteria. All continents fit a certain physical criteria.
>not really, have you tried looking it up? it's pretty up in the air
Landmass surrounded by bodies of water on four sides, perhaps three. Under it's own tectonic plates. This is the real and geographical definition and Europe cannot be a continent. In the cultural definition, Europe can be it's own continent.
>but human perception is, and the only access we have to "reality" is through our perception
What? You directly control and can change how you experience reality at an instant whim every second of your life? Our perception is at least consistent with itself.

fabulous post

>Yes, you know, the place where Christianity is actually form
But never actually developed and was instead adopted by Europeans who continue to practise it to this day.
>he family is called "Indoeuropean" for a reason.
But Russian is in the fucking european part of that term.
> Russian is actually more closely related to Sanskrit or ancient Iranian than, say German or Latin
Serious bullshit. You have no idea what you're talking about.

>Sure it is, both are real physical objects.
they are not, since only one of them has a firmly accepted definition of being such

>This is the real and geographical definition and Europe cannot be a continent.
this is your personal headcanon

>What? You directly control and can change how you experience reality at an instant whim every second of your life? Our perception is at least consistent with itself.
yes, but we have control over how we define things for ourselves, that has nothing to do with "reality" on the most basic level

Go home Kazakh

you are more cringe that him actually