Will Bane ever be good again or was he just a oneoff villain like Doomsday...

Will Bane ever be good again or was he just a oneoff villain like Doomsday? The closest he's become to being as good as his debut was in Forever Evil, but even them Barman beat him almost instantly.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fa5V0vgIp4k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Then* Batman*
I hate my keyboard.

I feel like the main issues with Bane is that he is a Batman rogue designed for a different Batman.

DOOMSDAY?

Okay that is way too many stray wires to make "X amount stronger than a normal human" worth it.

He wasn't actually bad in Batman Europa.

Also, he's going to be a villain in the next arc of King's run on Batman, but who knows if he's going to be any good or not.

Personally I think Knightfall/Quest/End was a really shitty run and a big part of that was Bane being WAY too good for a just made villain:

>super smart
>super strong
>works out Batman identity in moments

He was pretty good in Secret Six, acting as father figure to Scandal Savage and then having moments of roid rage.

Forever Evil was ok, just a little too short and they couldn't decide if the colors of his straps were green or black.

He had a short cameo in Batman Eternal but it didn't last.

He's seldom used, but overall they haven't reach all lf the potential he can deliver.

Make Bane Great Again!

He's the big bad with Psycho Pirate in King's upcoming "I Am Suicide" arc and following that the next arc is titled "I Am Bane", so expect the big guy to stick around.

Wasn't Bane rage out moments in Secret Six because he was cold turkey'ing the venom formula.
He was basically the strategist of the group while Parademon was the muscle. Which was a good dynamic for the book

I love TDKR Bane unironically. I think Hardy gave a great performance and I even like the metal squid mask.

fite me

I actually liked the BTAS version of Bane, a Cuban Supersoldier project gone wrong, he was smart but not super-smart like in his first comic appearance.

"Heir to the Demon" was amazing, though, and felt like someone finally remembered that Bane is a massive threat.

It sucks that Bane is one of my favorite villains of all time, because he is so misused so frequently it's depressing. His origin comic is absolute God tier, and he as a character is unique to Batman's enemies: You can root for him. His willpower, his drive, his obsession. To me, despite Owlman, Prometheus, and so on, Bane is truly the evil Batman. They are kindred spirits, and it makes their showdowns that much more interesting when writers stop fucking using Venom as a crutch. Bane hadn't even used Venom for over a decade until new 52 buttfucked him.

I hated the BTAS version. They made his entire thing "I'm really strong with Venom, nothing else." Timm shafted him big time. Only the New series episode did him any justice. He was ok in Mystery of Batwoman too.

Timm really seemed to hate any character created in the 90s.

I dunno how Timm feels about him, but I'm preeetty sure you guys are confusing him with Paul Dini, who actually DID write Bane's only appearances on BTAS and the first two Arkham games. I assume he's the one with the hate-boner cuz, I mean, come on, he had Bane defeated by a fucking mall security gate.

Except Harley Quinn, I didn't expect to see Azrael or any of the 90s stuff in the BTAS.

>He wrote the Bane episodes and the Arkham games

Yup, it was mostly Dini then. Fuck him. He writes good stuff, but he also loves fucking over characters he doesn't even try to give a shot about.

>hate-boner

Or maybe he just doesn't care about him.

Bane was just like Doomsday, a gimmick character built for one story. You can build him outside of that and its fine, but don't expect other writers to fall in love with him too.

No need, you're entitled to your opinion.

will he come back?

Except even at conception, he had a lot of background, character, and potential, unlike Doomsday.

Wasn't Bane created to be a parody of XTREME villains, like Azrael was created to be a parody of XTREME heroes? He looks like he's about to pop.

Same. And I think the distorted, cultured voice is a great contrast to his thuggish appearance.

> sentences that mean nothing

No.

Bane is one of those characters that are destined to become obsolete at the end of their story arc.

He was a stepping stone for the usual
>hero gets beaten
>hero retires
>hero comes back with new found will and power
>etc.

This. Bane wasn't a character. He was a literary device, nothing more.

See

Yes, we know. We're talking about de facto Bane, not Denny-O'Neil's-scrapbook Bane.

He also wrote Bane in Over the Edge and he was great there:

youtube.com/watch?v=fa5V0vgIp4k

>de facto Bane
>"I know, let's pretend his origin comic, Heir to the Demon, and Secret Six don't exist for my argument"

You mean you didn't like Gail Simone's depiction of him as a 40 year old autistic virgin?

>"To make my argument work, let's pretend they were published concurrently with Knightfall."

The origin was, genius.

Wait the dude was in prison almost his entire life, how did he manage to keep his v card?

He has no anus. And years of roid abuse have caused his penils and balls to retreat inside his body.