Do americans actually give thanks to their disabled veterans whenever they cross their path in public?

do americans actually give thanks to their disabled veterans whenever they cross their path in public?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Yx1LYeJcuw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

lots of veterans think it's hokey and unnecessary

that pic made me laugh. justice served

Some do. It's considered respectful and patriotic to support Americans who were in the services after memories of Vietnam veterans coming home and being spit upon.

It's just the nice thing to do, like saying yes m'am or thank you.

>inb4 welfare queen naive nonsense

Rule 1 of war: If you aren't behind cover you are going to be dead soon.

I agree and I don't go out of my way to come up to a guy with a vet hat on and autistically yell "Thank you for your service!". But showing your gratitude can be more subtle. I can imagine how awkward it could be for a veteran who doesn't think it's necessary.

Yes I do.

Once, I even went so far as to tap on a vet's windshield while he was driving. I was on my motorcycle, and wanted to thank him for his service. He flipped me off, by it was mainly my fault for catching him at a bad time.

all i see is loss

The edgy roach strikes again. Constantinople will be reclaimed you cur.

I don't do it

no, we hand them the pennies from our pockets to make ourselves feel better or tell them to get over it and get a real job.

Yeah I don't know how to react, I just say

>th..thanks

I will always pay for their drinks.

I don't, I just feel sorry for them. Sucks they couldn't find a better career.

Haha classic turkroach. Looks like he survived the wedding bomb, must have scurried under the cake table

>Rule 1 of war: If you aren't behind cover you are going to be dead soon.
Monty's 1st rule of war:
Don't invade Russia

It's fucking ridiculous.

>Be ROTC student
>literally 4 years away from being an actual soldier
>some girl comes up to me on campus, says "thank you for your service", and insists that she buy me lunch
>I tell her no please I'm just in ROTC
>she says it counts and she wants to buy me lunch
>I say no
>she says yes
>I say no
>she says yes
>I tell her she's making me "violently uncomfortable" and she finally leaves

It's insane my dude.
Anything even slightly uniformed and random Americans try to thank it.

>Be veteran
>Go on job interview
>"Before we begin, I first would like to Thank You For Your Service."
>nailed it before even opening my mouth

Randoms will thank soldiers for their service. I think its mostly virtue signalling or older vets coming to swap stories.

No because I don't live there anymore.

I miss guns.

This desu senpai
It's really helpful

Depends on where you are. A veteran friend of mine went to Iraq for 1 tour as a doctor and he gets treated like a Special Forces hero because he lives in Kentucky. Flying into Seattle, an airline captain once announced we had vets returning from the war on board (expecting applause) and the plane booed them instead.

I don't bother vets unless they bring it up first. Some seem to want to talk about it and I'll indulge my curiosity if they're open to it. Most of them just want to go on with their lives.

An old gf of mine used to date an Army guy and she said it was hugely annoying to be at the airport seeing him off because people would interrupt their final moments together to say thanks. It's just not the appropriate time.

Some vets wear their unit hats around in public and you can assume that guy wants to hear something.

This. Most of these guys feel uneasy about being involved in a war and want to forget about it. Save it for the ceremonies.

She wanted to fug you. What are you gay?

This

No, veterans don't deserve more respect than any other low skilled job.

You really think driving around some sand dunes and shooting a couple goat fuckers means I gotta kiss your ass? Fuck off.

who gives a fuck if you're in or not? you coulda smashed ya butt head

Maybe he doesn't want groupie ass?

My field medic instructor saw the events in OPs pic unfold. They were taking cover in a building and the first guy got shot running to them. A fellow corpsman in the building ran out to go be a hero and got shot too, then a third marine tried to save the corpsman, first guy was dead already, and got shot dragging him a few feet. He was able to move still and his Gunny told him to get to cover. Corpsman died, and you get the final pic of two of them dead in the street.

Lesson they taught: don't fucking be a hero in an open street taking fire from an unknown locatio. with no cover fire.

you were about to have a premature ptsd or something ?

>Maybe he doesn't want groupie ass?

I once saw a world war two vet where I worked, Talked about my grandfather and what unit he was in and he talked about his experience. Kinda funny, turns out they werent too far away from each other in the battle of the bulge, told him hopefully I would run into him with my grandpa. Shook his hand and thanked him for his service to a once fine nation. Hopefully when my grandpa comes up for labor day I will miraculously see him with again. Now If I see a veteran wearing something military related I break the Ice by saying "Oh are you in the X or Y?" and then say something like "my cousin/uncle was in X or Y, thanks for your service man" That simple, nothing cringy or weird

I always do. In fact a new bartender at a bar i frequent fought in iraq during the Iraq war. And i shook his hand and thanked him

Good job, Faggot.
Go die for the jews.

what is happening here?

>walk into grocery store to get some beer for a party
>wearing high black boots, camo shorts, green tee shirt and a buzzed head
>lady behind the counter doesnt charge me for a case of beer
>says thank you for your service
>whisper to her in a quiet voice
>"I have over 500 confirmed kills"
>she creams her pants
>tell buddies about it when I get to the party
>never served
>just look like a guy that might have

whats really funny is the camo shorts were those stupid white/grey/black ones you get at the army surplus store.

t. faggot

I wish this was real
I see armed forces fags all the time, I try to not acknowledge their existence as many have PTSD and I'm sure they just want to be left alone.

There are two types of American soldier. Those who join the military specifically to kill people and those who want welfare.

Neither are respectable and both play directly into the (((hands))) of the scheming politician.

A rare maybe .5 to 1% join to actually serve their country and expect nothing in return. Not even enough to consider a legitimate group.

It doesn't work here in DC.

>tfw so many vets here

It wasn't any easier getting a job

I joined for pussy and got my Thai and wookie strange

most of it is.

I actually get asked often enough if Im military. I think its the haircut and frame. Its weird.

>I joined for pussy
No, you didn't. No one joins the military to get laid.

Unless maybe you are a 1 to 4 out of 10 manlet with a weak jawline.

Every man in that picture lived, unlike your helicopter pilots.

Thread theme?

youtube.com/watch?v=6Yx1LYeJcuw

>first day of fall 2016 class today
>in uni phys class
>introductions
>motherfucker
>"tell us something interesting about yourself"
>motherfucker!
>after a while, guy stands up
>"something interesting about me... I served in the Army for 8 years"
>2 guardsmen at my table and I (I'm vet, 5 years) scoff
>everybody else nods their head, smiles, thanks him for his service
>he sits down with a big grin on his face
>this motherfucker
>two guardsmen at table look at each other and silently laugh
Sometimes vets just need that recognition. I shed everything I had from the army when I left, only engage in conversation with something funny pops up between other vets, or servicemen.

How do you know?
Story?

>derp

>yet another military helicopter collision
>derp

It becomes an issue when people make it their identity.

My dad was in for 28 years and he knew where the line was drawn between the Army being your profession and the Army being your life.

Once you cross into it being your life you become a turbo-autist young motivator that can't get off to anything but RangerUp instagram photos.

I'm glad it's a line I become conscious of before I decided to accept my contract to commission.

stolen valor

It is just another job in service of the military industrial complex. No special thanks needed.

It's crazy, it's just a job. There are more dangerous jobs in the U.S than being a servicemen. Yet people see it as the greatest fucking accomplishment on the planet. I won't downplay its importance, but a lot of other jobs are important to. I hate those high-speed hooaahhhh motherfuckers that, like you said, put those photos everywhere on their social media. OPSEC motherfucker, chill.
The ROTC guys on campus are the worse though, not even soldiers, many of the seniors have just gotten out of basic (not even AIT, fucking basic training) and acting as high speed as they can, especially on Thursdays which are our ROTC's uniform/lab days.

I give thanks to ALL vets and active duty
aLL

>free case of beer

fuck off faggot. i dont claim to be a vet. this broad didnt even ask me if i did or not. just didnt charge me.

free beer is free beer.

Most squaddies I've spoken to would prefer to be regarded as professional soldiers who have a set of skills and are good at their jobs.

Thats the kind of respect their aspire to and fair enough really.

Then again, we don't hide the coffins like our American cousins.

Fuck yah I do, cuck.

kys and remove yourselves from the gene pool

Don't worry roach, your life will be suffering