Cartoon Network to burn of 34-episode final Regular Show season in less than 4 months

avclub.com/article/regular-show-blast-itself-orbit-final-season-242500

why the fuck would you burn it off like this? should've seen it coming with the reveal 7 episodes are airing in 1 week.

So that's like 3 weeks of regular show

It sucks that their just burning it off like this

>why the fuck would you burn it off like this?
Because CN can do whatever the fuck they want.

What a depressing clip.
Also I'm very fucking done with the network. I don't care if people think it went downhill, or how it needs to be put out of it's misery, you don't fucking so this. Can we not even have time for hype? Take a breath and take it as it comes? Fucking what.

>why the fuck would you burn it off like this?
RS is cancelled, so it's dead weight to them.

>34 episodes
>3 weeks

If they aired two a day, every day, yeah. One a day would be a month. One every weekday would be six weeks.

That's all doubtful to be the case if the premiere is airing in January like the article said.

>Can we not even have time for hype?

The hell do you need hype for? Right now is your hype.

>every CN show sans AT will have a cruel death
I can't wait for the final season of Gumball to take three years to air.

>Right now is your hype.
as in what, hype for the show to die or something? no im still a fan thanks
>inb4 then you should be glad its dying

they're doing a large story and it looks great, but if they fucking run through it thats no fun at all, im not saying we need months between each episode like gravity falls for theories, digging through an episode for tiny pieces of foreshadowing, but it wouldn't fucking hurt to have a break somewhere, stretch it out a fucking bit

its amazing, there's so much the network has done to fuck over the show but this, this is fucking retarded, i get it's still months time, but this is hardly a good option to go out on

>That bumper at the end of the clip
so what, they're going to release it early on the app/online too? fucking kill all

>premiere
series finale user

CJ OR DEATH

Why do they want to get rid of it that quickly?

Why even bring up the idea of "hype" if you're just gonna complain that it's dying again? You shouldn't be glad it's dying, but glad that it gets THIRTY FOUR episodes to allow it to end, and a proper finale at that.

Frankly, considering the show is canned anyhow, I'd be happy I get new episodes every day rather than dragging out said death as much as possible. I'm curious as to what you think a good way to go out would be. Another ten years?

That's what I meant, yeah. But again, if the finale is airing in January, then it's not a total burn. That's four months away. Unless they burn the season off in a month and then have a huge gap in between the finale.

>a year after the finale passes by
>pic related will be its legacy
>along with repeated posts of BETAKEK BETAKEK

Welp, show was fun while it lasted

I hope there will be a better chance to have the last moments of Mordecai and Margaret's relationship for this final season.

I never followed this show but I'm sorry lads.

Hopefully you enjoy what's left to come and get a decent sendoff.

I'm not complaining, I just didn't get what you were angling at.

Each season (excluding the extremely short starters) has lasted about a year. There's no need to exaggerate what I'm saying with the "another 10 years line" either. Yea sure I'm amazed and glad it got such a long ending plan, but to treat it like this is shit.

Do you not get what I mean by "spread it out some"? If someone likes a show, they wouldn't want it over so quickly, it has 34 stories to tell, I want that to be paced better so I can enjoy the time instead of "got a new one today, got 2 tomorrow, got a new one the next day, got 5 after that"

I don't want its death stretched out in the way you word it, yea it's ending and it is it's death, but it will be just fine spacing it the fuck out a little.

cool, thanks user

I don't think the finale is airing in January. The press release said new episodes are premiering weeknights THROUGH January, at which point they'll probably take a break and come back later in the year. If they're going to burn off episodes by airing them every single weekday, they'd get to the end a lot sooner than January.

>got 2 tomorrow, got a new one the next day, got 5 after that

Speaking of exaggeration. You most certainly are complaining, like you do in every RS thread, because somehow a show with eight seasons, a movie, and tons of merchandise and external media somehow isn't being treated fairly. I understand not wanting the end to come, because it really means it's over, but the whining about every little thing they do is too much at this point.

They have no reason to spread out a cancelled show over a year. That doesn't happen with any show, why would it happen with a show past its prime in its eighth season? I'm fully willing to admit that seven episodes in a week is a burn, but you should be hype they're airing them so close, because it gives a chance that people will start getting interested in it again instead of passing it by like they would when it was airing once per week.

I don't see the logic in actually wanting hiatuses beyond delaying the inevitable. Four months is plenty of space, particularly for an 11 minute format.

>the series finale is currently set to air at some point in January.

the avclub writer assumed that based on what it said in the press release. still not official

Good fucking riddance

thanks dude. Appreciate it.

some people assume the Ben 10 reboot was the reason behind behind the cancellation to provide a slot for the reboot, but it can be other things as well.

That's a really dumb assumption

A crew member reposted it on his twitter. You'd think a crew member wouldn't post false info.

Why is everyone bitching? This show ran 8 fucking seasons and sounds like it got cancelled without a cliffhanger, and on top of that all of the episodes are going to air in a timely manner, not with multiple month breaks between each single episode. The best ending a cartoon could really ask for.

I think we can agree

God tier
Benson

Good tier
Eileen, Rigby , Gorilla dude, Pops, Cloudy Jay

Shit tier
Mordecai, Margaret

Beyond shit tier
Muscle man and anyone with any relation to him like Muscle man's girlfriend or that Ghost

I think that's everyone.
Benson spin off when?

Bating this hard

Kill yourself honestly. Relationshit is one of the reasons why cartoons are such garbage lately.

Margaret retards aren't allowed on Sup Forums

>Gorilla dude
what? skips? come on
but benson really is great

>This whole scene

Can Mortacai get lynched in the final ep please?

>costanza
>not b8

Because they think it needs one or two more seasons for some reason

no shut up you're not doing this again

Are you saying you're a Muscle Man fanboy? Is that even possible?

Reminds me of the time they burned off Ben 10 Omniverse's last 30 episodes at 6 in the morning.

I think this guy is absolutely right.
Did you want this show to go on 20 years or something?

>Grown man watching episodes of Ben 10

>le ebin multiface meme
le redgag.co pls go

Right, because Regular Show is a mature cartoon for mature adults such as yourself.

No man, I like RS, I just think it's weird that people are complaining about it ending in a pretty alright manner, all things considered. After Gravity Fall's gigantic buildup (and long as hell wait) to an obviously rushed end and WOY getting struck down when it definitely had another season in it, I'm excited to see what someone who had a whole season to build up to a hopefully satisfying conclusion can do.

Burn? Like physically burn? Why would anyone do that? It's not 1916 anymore.

Still more respectable than watching fucking Ben 10.

>LE ironic anime face shitposting on the cartoon and comic board

you'd be surprised! they're usually just as in the dark wrt scheduling as we are

I am just glad that the show at least has a disclosure after all those years. I don't want to see a cliffhanger in the series.

good riddance

regular show sucked ass

Thank you. I've never seen any fanbase actually want more hiatuses, especially in a final season. It's ridiculous.

There already was a fucking thread you moron.

>LEE multifaced meme again!

Not the best way to go, but trying really hard to look at the bright side, I guess this I'll know how it all ends sooner.

Like the other times, a thread based on the announcement was necessary for different topic shit. Like how there was a "muh relations" thread and people didn't want to talk about the cancellation news there, it deserved its own topic.

at least jg had fun

happy birthday, quintel

so soon??

>"fuck yea finally they put effort into the promos!"
>"finally, we have a promo instead of a ghost airing!"
>day later get notified the show is being rushed off the air

launching them into space was stupid anyway

shits gonna be like the first several episodes of DBGT

It was the endgame for a long time, JG got told when the final season was ordered so he could do it.

We've yet to see what they want to do with it but it looks like it'll expand on the "intergalactic park rangers" thing from the movie.

So at this point it's like a miniseries. One long story airing over the course of some months. Getting it out there. Shame once it ends, so is the show though.

I would've loved its own miniseries somewhere between the show before this like what AT got, but this is good enough.

weird, the movie seemed noncanon

watch the finale of s7

piss drink? frogs are gross

those hands

Yes, exactly

Make way for the best show to hit Cartoon Network.

To this day I still haven't finished this episode.
To this fucking day.

Why not both?

I don't even care if this is bait, I can't let this slide.

God Tier = Hi-five Ghost

Good Tier = Rigby

Redeemed Themselves Over Time Tier = Eileen, Margaret, Benson

Still Fun Tier = Muscle Man, Skips

Losing My Affection Tier = Mordecai, CJ, Pops

Actually Shit Tier = Thomas/Nikolai

But why are they in space? There's no reason for them to be in space!

I'M GONNA FUCKING JUMP OUT MY WINDOW

There is every reason why they are in space, Fatson

Pops is going home.

sucks that adventure time went to shit with so many more irredeemable qualities than this show, i've dropped AT since about season 5 somewhere, for good, and RS back in season 4 because i got bored

came back to it and i love it again, but now adventure time has a whole season 9 after the 8th season that hasn't started airing yet, and more than 2 miniseries in the works too

i know they have different settings and stories, and different fanbases, but im disappointed the one that went fucking way past retarded gets it more, i cant believe they haven't gotten out of their slump yet

apparently the new storyboarder didn't get the fucking memo, unless they're trying to get a little more loose in these last episodes for fun or something, like the old seasons

The new storyboarder should've been notified Skips wouldn't be worrying about cell service.

So what would cause Lolliland to only be visible every 25 years? It's a planet, how does it skip cycles or something? Does it get blocked by something else, or does it do like a little visit to our galaxy? Lolliland isn't supposed to be a part of this show's galaxy unless they just never showed all the planets in the galaxy before, because we've seen their space lots of times

please jg just kill her off

she doesnt deserve to be a prominent character in the series finale story

I didn't follow Regular Show but I did watch it on occasion. I was thinking about starting from the beginning to catch up to the final season but there's just so many episodes...

aren't the fat lines on his hands supposed to be beside his thumbs?

I don't watch the show but I do know CN's known for their erratic schedule and hiatuses. The point of them "deciding" to give the show a quick schedule is questionable at best, because this shit doesn't happen. I've seen episodes of their shows air at the start of a year and at the end of the year, recently, with a semi-popular show. I've never seen CN actually care like this, even if they played it off as such. It's literally just trying to get it off the air asap.

CN has bombs but rarely have I ever seen them do 2 episodes in one day, unless it was a halfhour special, which still are usually seperated until the next day. Now the news is it ends in January, which means it's more than just a bomb on one week, it'll start getting more spread out some but not much.

Why do it to this show though? People still watch it.

>STOOOOOOOOP
why does mordecai sound so fucking horrible when he yells?

>like you do in every RS thread.

You're seriously acting like that all this is coming from one person?

Always. There's people who have been talking for months about the treatment of the show and how it's putting the fans in a worse spot. Almost every time there's been a guy saying "every thread, you always do this, stop! it's annoying!"

Anyone who's actually a fan of the show who notices this shit would be at least disappointed, and lots of people talk about it.

and there's also the "stop putting rigby on a pedestal and bashing mordecai" user almost every thread

>and there's also the "stop putting rigby on a pedestal and bashing mordecai" user almost every thread

You are just as annoying as him, and that guy actually had a point unlike you who is basically just saying "Stop reminding me of things I don't like!"-

>you are just as annoying as him
who the fuck do you think i am?

to clarify, i'm not that user who i referred to, but my post was just saying that user exists, how am i as annoying as him?

Watched the episode today. Changed the channel the moment mordecai started his speech.

An annoying tard who thinks he is above anyone else.

It aired? Are you in the USA?

Australian rerun midday hour had it and the double date one in it.

You care complaining about people complaining.

It doesn't get lower than that.

You're overreacting like absolute hell. All I said in my post was
>there's always been people disappointed and talking about the show's treatment
>there's always been a guy saying "please stop, it's annoying" and thinking it's the same person over and over
>and there's also the "stop putting rigby on a pedestal and bashing mordecai" user almost every thread

I don't think I'm better than anyone, where are you getting this? Calm down man.

I'm not complaining, I'm just saying what anons come into these threads. Chill.

>I'm not complaining, I'm just saying what anons come into these threads. Chill

>I'm the Horax, I speak for the Anons.

You are so full of yourself it's a miracle you haven't exploded yet.

>>and there's also the "stop putting rigby on a pedestal and bashing mordecai" user almost every thread

That hasn't been a case in a while. The fact you bring that up shows that you are a hypocrite when it comes to tell others to "chill".

they did this to Ben 10 Omniverse
when CN is done with a show, they just want to get rid of it

>I speak for the Anons.
All I legit said was what some anons come into these threads and what some of the posts are over and over. I never said I was pissed off about it, that I liked it, that I hated those anons, or anything. Just what posts show up often.

>it hasn't been the case in awhile
not too long ago this shit started happening again, I'm pretty chill right now, the only reason I'm responding to you defensefully is because you're twisting my words drastically like hell and getting things from them that weren't there.

I am not over anyone. I do not speak for anyone. I'm just referring to the 2 main posts that show up in these threads, maybe not EVERY thread, maybe not even the past few, but it's more common than other posts.

If you want to say how much of a dick I am for something I didn't do, explain yourself so maybe I can explain what I'm trying to say to you better, you don't seem to understand the simplest thing of what I've been repeating, which I will do again:

I am not speaking for anyone, I don't think I am over the anons that I pointed out, I just pointed out they exist and they post in these threads commonly and it's a subject matter that arises at random points.

Who gives a fuck really? why is everyone pretending to like this stupid show again.

It went to shit like 4 seasons ago or so. Just let it die off so we can get new cartoons and hopefully they will not be RS levels of cringe.

I hope they don't do this like Ben 10 Omniverse with right after adult swim morning showings